Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again (1643 Views)

Acura Mdx Gear Disengage After Awhile On Motion / How To Fix A Car That Doesn't Start (Photos) / My Toyota Corolla Sport Doesn't Start Easily After Fuelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by niceG: 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
Good day all, my brother's ford edge SEL PLUS 2007 model doesn't start and when it does, it goes off after 30 to 40 mins and will never start for 2 days. Please we need urgent help, the car is 8 months old in nigeria and was gotten from the US. Thanks for your contirbutions.
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
niceG:
Good day all, my brother's ford edge SEL PLUS 2007 model doesn't start and when it does, it goes off after 30 to 40 mins and will never start for 2 days. Please we need urgent help, the car is 8 months old in nigeria and was gotten from the US. Thanks for your contirbutions.

Repair history?

What else have you tried?

Scan vehicLe and post the error codes (please scan engine codes)

If you have no codes, then possibly fuelpump or crankshaft positions sensor problems, this can be ruled out by conducting a few tests, don't be in a hurry to replace parts.
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by niceG: 9:45am On Feb 24, 2015
An electrician came and said it was a security problem, toched a relay and the car started but the issue continued after 2 hrs. called a mechanic that said it was fuel pump. changed fuel pump but it didn't work. When I pour fuel into a hose that connects to the engine, it starts and works for as long as the fuel can carry. No codes and repair history from the seller. Thanks for your concern.
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by Readonee35L(m): 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
niceG:
An electrician came and said it was a security problem, toched a relay and the car started but the issue continued after 2 hrs. called a mechanic that said it was fuel pump. changed fuel pump but it didn't work. When I pour fuel into a hose that connects to the engine, it starts and works for as long as the fuel can carry. No codes and repair history from the seller. Thanks for your concern.

Oga go and scan that motor
and know the actual fault
all this trial and error wont help rather you are wasting money
....i pray you don't later swap your engine to a 1996 camry engine with carburetor
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by mayor2013: 12:29am On Feb 25, 2015
Call this number for help
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by mayor2013: 12:30am On Feb 25, 2015
Call this number for help. 08165520837
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by sultaan(m): 3:55am On Feb 25, 2015
It is an easy fix if you stop to use you head and figure out what went wrong.

You have to say exactly what happened about 2 days before it started either some one worked on it or you ran out of fuel or even bought fuel

Seems your ignition system works but fueling is a problem, but when you said someone changed the fuel pump I have no Idea where they got a replacement so that is a hack job that might be a problem.

In this kind of situation the best thing is to check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail first before replacing parts, if you had bought bad fuel it would have caused the same. Check with the mechanic to know exactly what type of fuel pump he installed i.e part number cars are getting more advanced these days owners need to learn that a 2003-07 car is a generation apart.
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48am On Feb 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

don't be in a hurry to replace parts.

I'm sure u ignored the quote.

Meanwhile sultan raised a good point about the fuel preasure in the rails.

Another thing I'm considering is an immobilizer fault, seems you have a spark and no fuel supply, your vehicle has a diagnostic port, a scan should reveal the culprit, stop going about it the crude way.
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by chukel(m): 7:51am On Feb 25, 2015
Guy, scan the car. U may have a security/immobilizer issue which cuts fuel supply after 20mins. No need replacing any part. Remove any recently introduced aftermarket security.
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by Ojaysport: 8:16am On Feb 25, 2015
my vehicle (Mazda 626 1997) refused to start and i call a mechanic to see what happen,he told me to put it in neutral and press down the accelerator/throtle pedder before starting and when i did that,the vehicle started.what would have caused this? I have been starting the vehicle without pressing down the clutch before.pls any idea of what could be wrong? Tnx
Re: Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25am On Feb 25, 2015
Ojaysport:
my vehicle (Mazda 626 1997) refused to start and i call a mechanic to see what happen,he told me to put it in neutral and press down the clutch before starting and when i did that,the vehicle started.what would have caused this? I have been starting the vehicle without pressing down the clutch before.pls any idea of what could be wrong? Tnx

The cat that sleeps in your engine changed the wiring configurations, better pray and fast for 1week because who can know tommorow it might switch the brake and throttle pedal. grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

FRSC Offences And Fines / Toyota Corolla 2004 / Toyota Camry 2003 / Toyota Camry 2008 Hybrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.