Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,159 members, 7,807,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

After Boko Haram, What Next? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Boko Haram, What Next? (864 Views)

Boko Haram: What A Retired General Told Me About ‘defeat Claims’ – Fani-kayode / Officials Evacuating Bodies After Boko Haram Attack In Maiduguri (Photos) / We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Boko Haram, What Next? by beylinko(m): 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
This question had plagued me for days and I know it should be for the Federal Government too. With the spate of successes enjoyed by the military against these devil incarnates, I know their end it at hand but where do we go from there? How are we going to tackle the underlying issues that bred them, so as not to experience a repeat in the future.
How do we tame or kill the offsprings that were produced as a result of this evil culmination.
Will the lives of those seared by their fire remain healed physically, socially and psychologically?
Terrains that were destroyed, what are the plans put in place to restore them or will they remain barren forever?
What about the Harms and ammunitions paraded by youths in this wartorn territories . How do we ensure they leave our streets. And how do we ensure they don't pick them up later in the nearest future.
Do we have have the right system in place to try those prisoners of war?
Many more questions kept coming to my mind and I cringe at the possibility of not getting them answered. As a country that has history of not being proactive in the face of challenges, I pray this does not create a bigger problem for us to deal with in the nearest future.

Nigeria where do we go from here? May God help us.
Re: After Boko Haram, What Next? by bankyblue(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Haram boko will be next
Re: After Boko Haram, What Next? by beylinko(m): 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
[quote author=bankyblue post=31008619]Haram boko will be next[/quote
God forbid. Nobody will wish his worst enemy what we faced in their hand. Peace is next.
Re: After Boko Haram, What Next? by xpac01(m): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
beylinko:
This question had plagued me for days and I know it should be for the Federal Government too. With the spate of successes enjoyed by the military against these devil incarnates, I know their end it at hand but where do we go from there? How are we going to tackle the underlying issues that bred them, so as not to experience a repeat in the future.
How do we tame or kill the offsprings that were produced as a result of this evil culmination.
Will the lives of those seared by their fire remain healed physically, socially and psychologically?
Terrains that were destroyed, what are the plans put in place to restore them or will they remain barren forever?
What about the Harms and ammunitions paraded by youths in this wartorn territories . How do we ensure they leave our streets. And how do we ensure they don't pick them up later in the nearest future.
Do we have have the right system in place to try those prisoners of war?
Many more questions kept coming to my mind and I cringe at the possibility of not getting them answered. As a country that has history of not being proactive in the face of challenges, I pray this does not create a bigger problem for us to deal with in the nearest future.

Nigeria where do we go from here? May God help us.
Vote me as Nigeria's president, and the answer to all this will be smiling at you. That is after Buhari must have laid a comprehensive path for a young man like me..
Re: After Boko Haram, What Next? by Vision4God: 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
angry angry angry angry
Re: After Boko Haram, What Next? by Orunto: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
Pray that we don't have Counter-insurgency. If Nigeria brings back GEJ jejely, we wont have problem. GEJ will go on corrective actions where insurgency ends. But If you bring in Buhari, thinking that as a retired soldier, he will know something about counter- insurgency, we shall all be embarrassed when this starts. It is in the TAN programme of GEJ to take care of counter-insurgency. So vote massively for GEJ.
Re: After Boko Haram, What Next? by beylinko(m): 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Orunto:
Pray that we don't have Counter-insurgency. If Nigeria brings back GEJ jejely, we wont have problem. GEJ will go on corrective actions where insurgency ends. But If you bring in Buhari, thinking that as a retired soldier, he will know something about counter- insurgency, we shall all be embarrassed when this starts. It is in the TAN programme of GEJ to take care of counter-insurgency. So vote massively for GEJ.
No matter who it is, he will definitely face this issue. GEJ could answer them if he is preoccupied solely with his reelection. The earlier the ground work is set in motion, the better it is for us as a nation no matter who wins the election.
Re: After Boko Haram, What Next? by beylinko(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
xpac01:

Vote me as Nigeria's president, and the answer to all this will be smiling at you. That is after Buhari must have laid a comprehensive path for a young man like me..
Hmmmm, you have a subtle way of campaigning. Yes, they should not only lay the ground work but start it also.

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On 2015 Presidential Elections In Nigeria / Polls: No Going Back On Card Readers, Says INEC / APC Plan To Cause National Chaos – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.