Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 (20015 Views)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / S€X Story : Heart Code – Season 1 – Episode 1 – 30 / 2015 Pre-collaboration (yearly Writers Collaboration Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Fatalveli(m): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2015
Chapter 3: The Nosy Detective

Written and Submitted by Fatalveli (waleafolabi9@yahoo.com or Warleyafolabi19@gmail.com)

Date: January 27, 2015
Time: 2200Hrs GMT

Irele's cab stopped at No. 5 Diobu street, ikwerre and she got down from the cab and settled her bills. She furthered towards the large black alloy gate that hung on the exterior walls of the compound and knocked on it brusquely.

The gate made a cracking sound and yanked open; standing before Irele is a lanky guy that stood 5ft 7inches tall in a security uniform.

"Good afternoon madam" the lanky guy said opening the gate wider for Irele. He had been serving her Uncle for close to 5years now and has proved to be a good person due to his affinity towards peoples.

"Afternoon David, is my uncle inside?"

"Yes ma" he replied and collected Irele's luggage and helped her inside.

She strolled towards the metallic door that led to the sitting room, followed closely behind by security guy, the guy was busy admiring her backside as they walked towards the door; there is something about the way Irele walks, she always carries herself with opulence; she will gyrate her killer hips at both angles while walking and that always makes heads turn, it also earns her a lot of attentions from the male folks, not excluding Samson.

She stepped into the tastefully furnished sitting room and she couldn't help but marvel at the way everything was arranged and decorated. The wall was painted yellow and there were mixed and abstract paintings on the right side of the wall where the plasma tv was hunged. Almost everything in the room was non-crappy, infact it was too exorbitant in her own cognition; this is just too much for a bachelor, it so much exhibits embellishments or so she thought. Everything has changed for his brother in the last couple of years and he has made it big in his police job. Everything wasn't like these the last time she visited; whoever said police officers don't make it big. She was busy admiring the house to the extent that she failed to notice her uncle was sitting on the sofa staring at her amusedly, even the gateman had dropped her bag on the settee and had returned back to his duty post. A hawk from her uncle brought her out of her reverie and she opened her buccal cavity in amazement; she ran into the waiting hands of her uncle and they embraced each other for a couple of minutes. Suddenly uncle James smiling face etched into a frown and he asked why Irele didn't inform him of her visit; he'd have come to pick her at the airport himself. Irele already envisaged these, and she apologised for not informing him of her forthcoming. She also told him that her visit is based on a very complicated circumstances which involves life and death. Uncle James immediately wore a serious look and probed further on Irele's last statement.

Mr. James is a hefty man of 6ft.2inches, he has a black glowing skin and a round face, he's quite hairy and he's also got a dimples that perfectly accentuated his round face. He is 37years of age and he is still single despite his wealth and charming personalities that usually attract a lot of females to him. Irele still wonders why her Uncle isn't married yet, maybe its probably because of the nature of his job. He is the most respected detective in the town as he never fails to apprehend a criminal, be it single-handedly or with his team members. He is quite handy in both gun battle and hand combat.

Irele was as tired as hell and she gave an excuse that she want to have a bath and fall into a deep slumber thereafter, she cannot begin to explain the days occurrence to her uncle in this state especially the nature of her sudden visit; James also noticed her frail state and he walked her to the guest room, but not without extracting a promise from her to let him in on the complicated circumstance she said earlier. There is one thing about detective James, he never forget things easily nor let things slide, he believes in his wittiness to crack every nuts.

Detective James heaved a sigh of grieve when Irele finished narrating her encounter regarding the Red paper to him the next day, she didn't withheld out an ounce of information as she related everything to him; ranging from the part where the shabby looking guy dropped a red paper into her car and was shot dead thereafter to the part where some mean looking guys visited her workplace and destroyed her car. She didn't leave out the part where her colleague at work Nakun started giving her anonymous calls, asking about her whereabouts.

"Where is the red paper?" James asked and Irele provided it hastily. James stared at the red paper for some minutes and all he could see are names and signature. He closed his eyes as if he was trying to remember something. Then it hit him, a name rang a bell amongst the list of names on the intricate paper. 'Mr. George Austin,' speaker of the house of representatives in the year 1987-1990. What was his name doing in this document, he was considered to be dead a long time ago when he suddenly disappeared from the surface of the earth and nobody knew about his whereabouts till date, not even his family members; many people assumed he is dead already. James being an inquisitive person picked up his phone and called the station to inform them that he is fatigued and won't be coming to work today. Then he picked up his phone and connected a call to his I.T guy Peter telling him to show up in his house right away. Work has begun already, as James swore he is going to crack this case, and that left a smile on Irele's face.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Fatalveli(m): 8:46am On Feb 27, 2015
Date: August 8, 1989
Time: 1406Hrs GMT

Adekunle Giwa is a graduate of political science in the University of Lagos. He is intelligent academically and also came from a well to-do family, he had been perusing a political career right from his teenage years and his determination to be a politician fetched him good grades in his studies. His father was the second in command to the head of state at that time and the head of state had just called him that TCM-13 had been killed by the other members of The Common Men over a mere pecadillo and another representative should thereby be provided before the ultimatum of a year.

Gen. Adelakun had a problem selecting a loyal candidate due to trust issues and had educated his son about how it is done, then he handed him over in the Eleventh month and he was made the leader of The Common Men despite the age difference between him and other members of the cult; it had been stated that whoever comes from the capital state will always be the leader of the cult afterall and apart from the fact that Giwa is youngest member of them all, he also have what it takes to be a leader. That was how TCM-13 became a young leader over the grown-ups men in the cult because of the authority he wielded. Everything was going smoothly under his leadership until he learnt that an outsider had known about this group, meaning there is a mole amongst them but he didn't know the identity of the mole. During that time, he also heard from his sources that more states will be created and the state capital will be moved to Abuja; if that should happen, that means he will have to relinquish his leadership to the Abuja's representative. So he devised a plan to eliminate every members in the group including himself but he thought the legacy must live on even after their death, so he employed a seventeen years old boy and told him about the group, he also explained his plan to the boy and ordered the boy to stick around the area where the meeting is taking place; then he should proceed into the hall five minutes after he hears sounds of bullets and set the building ablaze after which he must have fetched the red paper. The order that TCM-13 gave the boy is very simple, "Make sure you protect that document dearly, even if it may cost your life, it mustn't get in the wrong hands, it will be the beginning of a new era if protected properly and it could also be a great disaster if wrong person get hold of it."
What TCM-13 didn't know is that the mole leaked information about the group to not just an ordinary person, but some set of powerful peoples who will stop at no cost till they get their hands on the Red paper. The boy had did a good job in protecting the Red paper for 15years, he would have created the group again as he was instructed if not for the people that were always trailing him all around. He always has a feeling that he was been trailed and has surreptitiously avoided them whenever he suspect any funny movements in his surroundings. He had been on the run for the last 25 years of his life; and had been living in recluse ever since the Red paper had been in his custody and not for once has his trailers and pursuers retreated. He never for once let the document out of his sight except ofcourse whenever he was having his bath. He has always managed to sneak away from his trailers sight in the last couple of years but he was unlucky on this special Friday morning by 11:33am when he wanted to go get some groceries from the store downtown. He was about to enter his car when he heard a gunshot that broke the side glass of his car. He didn't need a soothsayer to tell him what to do next as he ran for his dear life, holding the document firmly while running. It wasn't because he is afraid to die but because he had a promise to fulfil; he took occasional glances backward whilst running and he could see five armed men hard on his tails, ready to pounce on him and retrieve the Red paper but he was having none of it. He was getting tired the farther he go but his pursuers seem to be having fun. He got to the busy road and was about to run into the crowds when he felt something strong hit him on his nape, he felt like a building had just collapsed on him and just as his legs were about to fail him, he spotted a car a little distance above him and a lady struggling with the key hastily because of the gunshot. The lady got into the car and was about to ignite it and speed off when he got to the car and pleaded with the lady to help him, the lady ended up screaming like she had seen a ghost due to his shabby and frail state coupled with the blood gushing out of his neck. He continued pleading with the woman to save him and she just kept screaming till he felt another bullet pierced his back again, everything became blurred and he fell to the ground but not without dropping the paper in the lady's car and he didn't close his eyes till he saw her sped off. A smile escaped his lip and he was glad that the paper didn't fall in the wrong hands before he finally closed his eyes and gave up a ghost.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Fatalveli(m): 8:47am On Feb 27, 2015
Peter arrived at Detective James house some minutes later with his laptop and the trio of them got to work immediately after James had told Peter some part of the story and had purposely withheld some informations due to his detective instincts. Peter ran a search on all the names in the documents and he copied their details down. They also downloaded their pictures and its time for peter to do what he knows how to do best; hacking into their mails and personal files online. Detective James and Irele left Peter to his work, but the Detective was the only one that noticed that all the nineteen names in the signature were all reported to have boarded a plane on 19/9/1990 and there is only one place they were all headed, Abuja. He entered his inner chamber and googled some more informations about the names and he figured that there were only twenty states by that time and the list of the peoples here came from those twenty states each, they were all high class people and none of them were reported to be alive up till date.

There is something linking this people together and he is going to find that out. This case is surely gonna be a hard nut to crack, he thought and hibernated his PC. Irele on the other hand got into her room and slumped on her bed, she picked up her phone and saw 17 missed call, two from Samson and fifteen from her dear friend and colleague Nakun. She dialled Nakun's number and she picked up almost immediately.

"Hello Nakun"

"Irele, you have to return home right now" she said with a shaky voice

The End Of Chapter 3
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nice one Fatalveli.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
Simply #Breathtaking!
I got my heart in my mouth all through the three chapters. Larrysun, ruffhandu and fatalveli that's a great job from you sirs
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by donsponky(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
This I really amazing, I mean it's awesome, I mean it's ehmmmmm ehmmmmm ( hold on lemme Google out the best word to use).... I'll rather say this in tongues; lebaro toricataru, LA baba babala kian... ( pls don't ask me the meaning Cox I don't know it myself) # Winks.....
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
am loving this
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by DUOz(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
Nice one
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by TiffanyJ(f): 11:28am On Mar 01, 2015
CHAPTER FOUR: FAMILY TIES.
Submitted by TiffanyJ

The present
Date: 28th January, 2015.
Time: 2009Hrs GMT
Tessy Jacob moaned in pain as she slowly open her eyes. She was being punished for taking more than her fair share of the bottle the previous evening. A foot landed on the tiled floor and the other followed as she blindly but slowly made it to the bathroom. The cold water soothed her troubled mind and her anger at the unfairness of life. She quickly washed herself and put on a pair of black jeans and red tank top.
'No, I won't think of last night'
She promised herself over and over again but she couldn't help it. Bottom line was, she went to the club last night, drank herself to stupor and almost got raped but for the timely intervention of Jennifer. Tessy couldn't even remember returning home or making it upstairs to her room. She picked her BlackBerry and dialled her friend's number. Jenny answered it at the third ring.
' Hello'
'Jenny, did I misbehave last night?'
'Sure you did Tess, Samuel is really worried'
'Over what?'
'You of course'
'Need I remind you that I am thirty-two years old and need no one to get worried over me? I kept telling you that I'm capable of taking care of myself'
'Oh really? Like you did last night at the club and almost got yourself raped?. Look Tess, I am the only one you've got. I am the only family and friend you have. Imagine, I almost had to force you to take the one month leave, now, you don't even want to travel but get drunk'
'You meddlesome lady!'
'Its him, isn't it Tess?'
'Who?'
'David'
A tear escaped from Tess eyes at the mention of his name. She couldn't stop thinking of him.
'He is my brother!'
'Nonsense, a brother who doesn't give a damn about you? He didn't even come for your parents' burial. For god sake Tess, he abandon you and did nothing to help when your uncles cast you out and shared your parents wealth among themselves'
'I want to hate him Jenny, but I can't. He called me last week and I told him never to call me again'
'Good Tess, forget him and move on'
'You are right, he isn't worth it at all, how is your fiance?'
'Samuel is fine. Bye Tess, take care of you'
'Bye Jenny', the line went dead.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2015
Keep them Comin tiffanyj
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Idiataqueen(f): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
Wow!!! Pls Tell Me To Close My Mouth Am Jealous Of U Guys Wish I Could Write Lik Dis I Love Dis Nix One
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by TiffanyJ(f): 12:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Yes, Tess refused to think of a brother whom she has not seen in ten years. She made a cup of coffee and switched on the Television. She was on a month's vacation and didn't even know how to spend it. She wandered around the house and the thought of her parents brought tears in her eyes. Her brother ran away from home when he was twenty, her parents were heart broken and wondered why. The search for him began. They died on their way to Kano, where a source said David was hiding. She was only twelve and her beloved brother didn't even come to bury his parents. Her uncles sent her away, Jennifer's parents (God bless their souls) had taken in their friends surviving child and trained her. She studied law at the university because that was her father's wish for her and she wasn't regretting it. Now Jenny was the only friend and family she has.
She wandered back to the living room and made to switch off the television but something stopped her. There, lying in a pool of blood was David. She moved closer as the newscaster was saying that unknown gunmen shot her brother the previous day. Although she had not set eyes on him in ten years, she identified him easily, after all, he was her brother and they were once close.
'How dare you David, you died without even apologizing to me, without telling me goodbye. Don't you know you are the only brother I have?'
She went on her knees and refuse to fight the tears. The betrayal, the pain and the loss of her family, she couldn't stand. She shouldn't cry, damn him for making her to cry but how could she stop crying when she still loved him?
' Why did I tell you to never call me David? Now you are gone and I don't want you gone', she said.
Then she remembered. The last time he called her. He was trying to tell her something but she wasn't interested.
'No, you listen to me David, I'm seek and tired of you. Stay away from me. Can't you see that you are hurting me?'
'Please Tess, I'm in danger'
'Die for all I care David, I've lost you a long time ago. Oh, never you call me again'
She cried harder as she recalled their last conversation. She knew she ought to call Jennifer, she would leave Samuel and come running to Tess but she didn't. Her body shook as she cried. Finally, when there was no more tears for her to shed, she travelled to dreamland, on the floor of her living room.
She opened her eyes the next day with her brother in her mind's eye. He sent her a letter two weeks ago and in her anger, had tossed it in her bedside drawer.
'What is he trying to tell me over the phone?'
Her curiosity led her to her bedroom. She weakly and slowly opened her drawer, picked the white envelop and unsealled it. Removing the letter, it baffled her that something else was in the envelop. She inserted her hands inside and removed a single silver key.
'What is the meaning of this' she asked as she began reading the letter.
DEAR TESS,
I am not even a worthy brother. Please, forgive me. I know I should have been there for you but they will kill us both. I had to protect you. When I was seventeen, I met a man, a very powerful man who gave me a task. A simple task for Five hundred thousand naira. I was young, foolish and needed money to show off. I realized what I'm up against too late and they were after me. I left in order to protect you, mum and dad.
A group I thought died and no longer exist are in existence and are hunting me. You see I know their secret and I have something they want. These people are dangerous and very powerful and to be exact, thirty-seven in number. I lost the money I collected from that man but I have been doing menial jobs and have save my earnings for you. An account has been opened in your name.
Now, I hate to ask this but you are the only one I trust and I need help from you. Take a plane to Lagos, to our old house, five feet away from mother's grave, I need you to dig it. It isn't too deep, you will find an iron box, use the key in this envelop and open it. Inside, you shall find your account details and two important papers. Take the original paper to Abuja and look for an investigating journalist named John Alfred. Make sure it gets to him. Pick the photocopy paper and leave Nigeria for good. Trust no one, talk to no one. I love you Tess and I think only of you.
Tess, cried her eyes out after reading the letter. She was shaking but she knew just what to do. She was a lawyer anyway and she must get to the bottom of this for her brother was murdered. She walked to the bathroom, peeled off her clothes and stared at herself through the mirror. Tessy was average in height, dark in complexion, with a slim body. She has a pretty face with a gap tooth. Her beauty wasn't her problem at the moment. She would make sure that the people who
destroyed her perfect life pay, whatever it pays.
'Sorry big bro, I am not a coward, I am a lawyer and justice must take its course on all thirty seven men. I will see to it'
Tess, wrote a long letter to Jenny, informing her that she was going to visit a facebook boyfriend in Rivers. She bathed, packed a suitcase and headed to the airport.
'Lagos, here I come', she whispered quietly and for the first time in twenty two years, she knew she was doing the right thing.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by TiffanyJ(f): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Present time
Date: 29th january 2015
Thirty-six pair of eyes looked frighteningly at the leader. He was angry and his anger they couldn't stand. They were all seated in round table as they deliberated the next course of action.
'where could she have disappeared to?', TCM2 asked. of course the 'she' was Irele.
Their leader, stared at them, 'we have other problems'
'What is it?' Came the chorus reply.
' David Jacob, communicated with his sister before he died and I want to know what he told her. Secondly, a journalist by the name of John Alfred knows about us'.
The whole room went hushed as the effect of what the leader said registered in their minds.
The leader stared at TCMI2.' I want you to declare Irele wanted. Her name and picture should be on media. When you find her, kill her before you take her to the custody'
TCM12 noded in understanding.
'As for the lawyer girl, bring her alive to my men and then kill the journalist. Make no mistake, we are Nigerians and we decide what happens in this country. Any more questions?'
They all keep mute.
' Then, this meeting is adjourn. Never you forget, to bring the lawyer alive'
He walked out of the room and the rest followed discretely no one should know a metting of this nature existed.

END OF CHAPTER FOUR
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by bigsholly(f): 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
Emm I have some question to ask if you guys don't mind. (1) according to larrysun it was only Tcm1 that knows what the meeting would be all about that day how come the other group knows about the red paper cos according to him he brought the paper and ask others to sign (2) how come the other group knows about the seventeen year old guy since all of them are dead including the three guys that did the killing or did the other group has someone mentoring the TCM that day? (3) has another TCM be formed? Cos according to one of the writers the seventeen year old boy would had form another one but he couldn't due to the other group hindrance. Maybe the next writer can shad more light on this. But to be frank you guys are awesome thumbs up
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
trust you tiffanyj am not disappointed.
You guys are great

1 Like

Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by TiffanyJ(f): 3:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
bigsholly:
Emm I have some question to ask if you guys don't mind. (1) according to larrysun it was only Tcm1 that knows what the meeting would be all about that day how come the other group knows about the red paper cos according to him he brought the paper and ask others to sign (2) how come the other group knows about the seventeen year old guy since all of them are dead including the three guys that did the killing or did the other group has someone mentoring the TCM that day? (3) has another TCM be formed? Cos according to one of the writers the seventeen year old boy would had form another one but he couldn't due to the other group hindrance. Maybe the next writer can shad more light on this. But to be frank you guys are awesome thumbs up
to answer one of your question, yes, from my update, you will observe that another group has been formed secretly with thirty seven men.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by stuff46(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
I advice you stick to the thread, the preceding chapters would answer this question.
bigsholly:
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Ollyfad(f): 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
fasting nd praying *no harm shall befall irele nd tessy*
#subsequent writers m pleading.....dnt harm any of dem pllssss
nyc write up tiffany
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by seyitanhep1: 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
bigsholly:
there is one thing I know with the first writer, I know his writing techniques like I know nairaland.com. And this is it, don't expect to get the details to his story plot before he says "THE END".
So, Bro, an advise from me to you, sit back, and enjoy the ride, let them drive.
It's the old man again. DAMEX333 is back again.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by LarrySun(m): 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
seyitanhep1:
there is one thing I know with the first writer, I know his writing techniques like I know nairaland.com. And this is it, don't expect to get the details to his story plot before he says "THE END".
So, Bro, an advise from me to you, sit back, and enjoy the ride, let them drive.
I've missed you, my brother.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
seyitanhep1:

ARE YOU STILL ALIVE THIS MAN?
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by seyitanhep1: 1:04am On Mar 03, 2015
LarrySun:
I've missed you, my brother.
my Oga, I don miss you pass normal.
Love your write up. Keep the fire 🔥 burning 🔥
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by seyitanhep1: 1:06am On Mar 03, 2015
Dyoungstar:

ARE YOU STILL ALIVE THIS MAN?
oga young, how far?
Your messages on WhatsApp brought me back, can't miss the collaboration for anything
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 10:08am On Mar 03, 2015
seyitanhep1:
oga young, how far?
Your messages on WhatsApp brought me back, can't miss the collaboration for anything

IN OTHER WORDS, ARE YOU CALLING ME A REVIVALIST? grin
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kinwayne(m): 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
CHAPTER 5: BACK TO THE BEGINNING.

The Past..
Date: October 25, 1989
Time: 2130Hrs GMT

. "It is good to plan ahead, Ahmad," a man in his mid fifties addressed a young brazen faced figure sitting adjacent to him on the imported piece of seetee in a frenzy of rapt attentiveness. "And that explains the reason for this. You're just fifteen but I'm certain you should be better than most men in their thirties," he continued. "A secret is to be unravelled to you tonight, a secret that has the power of directing millions of men into doom, a secret like no other!",

. The figure stirred apprehensively. The man before him was not one that would crack jokes about, he was the ever serious type butressed by the words He just assimilated, He was totally in for it, "Continue Dad!," He encouraged.

. "That's my son, always coming handy," the Man resumed his serious speech. "A secret group exists here, a powerful group that holds the future of our Country. The group was founded some years ago and it goes by the name of 'The common Men'. This group is no group for the cowards or feeble minded, it consists of the echelons of the political world and needless to say, I'm inclusive, also, I'm the leader. Now, I foresee a great conspiracy looming imminently ahead like a windy cloud foretelling rainfall," He informed and remained quiet for some minutes inorder to stamp every utterance of His.

. "However, it can be prevented," he continued when He saw the overwroughted look on Ahmad's face. "A very paramount document exists in the group. Without it, the group's invalid and the looming danger would be wiped off. And as the Leader of the group, the document makes my custody its' habitat but lately, things are getting altered. I smell a strong brewing conspiracy within the group and I see the intense need for the document to be in safe and trusted hands, thus, why we're holding this discussion. Now, the real question is 'Are You ready to accept the document?' and remember with great power, comes great responbilities." the Man came to an halt and awaited his son's response.

. The air seemed as if it hung pensively and the demeanor of the ambience was suspended impermanently, "I'm ready, Father," Ahmad spoke up after a great amount of mooting.

. "Good! Kid. I knew you wouldn't be a coward," the man commended and with a little smile dangling across his lips, He unfastened the portfolio he had kept on the middle wooden table minutes before the conversation and brought out a Thick paper document that would seem weird even to the numbest of the numbs, smiled wrily and handed it to Ahmad.

. "Now Ahmad, your destiny just got complicated and great, I foresee a great leader in you. But one more thing, Ahmad," he stopped and continued, "from this moment, your life just got completely altered. You'll have to forget whatever Life you have. You'll have to mesmerize into the blues completely and resurface after twenty six years as a new man, you'll create a new Associaton of the common men, you'll create the real one!",

. "So, how do you explain the document to the group," Ahmad inquired from his father with concern inscribed all over his face as he made to leave home forever.
. "You don't worry Kid, I've got the perfect copies. You just promise you'll create the group," his father replied.
. "I promise Dad!," Ahmad said softly and walked out of his father's Mansion quietly.

The Present.....
DATE: 28TH JANUARY 2015.
TIME: 1325HR GMT.

. Cladded in a modest simple pink gownthat stopped just above her ankles, Tess alighted from the aeroplane that had just conveyed her here somewhat awkardly, her Roller bag being dragged behind her.

. On getting out of the confinement of the artificial air of the arrival hall, she took in the state's mild sun that shoned as an old feeble woman would and the natural encompassing air that the state had always seemed to have.

. "Beacon Guest house," she flagged down a Cab that seemed the best after much mooting and hopped in readily.

. As her journey weared, She couldn't but take notice of the unusual qualities of the Cab. Everything was spick and span with modest air freshners, no loud lousy noise cab drivers had always been identified with from the driver. There wasn't the awkard tracks that taxis had always made a cusomary act of theirs' nor was there the unbated chattering of drivers with passengers, mostly with ladies as she had oft in the past, experienced. Then, it hit her, it all seemed too clean, this certainly wasn't a normal Cab.

. "Park Sir!," she modested, "I have to grab some eateries from the eatery," she said as an addendum and the quiet weird driver heeded before twitching his head to her direction, smiled smugly and sprayed a reasonable amount of Novogold spray directly to her face with an amazing dexterity and agility.
. Tess passed out.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
The present...
DATE: 27TH JANUARY 2015
TIME: 1520HR GMT

"Hello Nakun," Irele picked.
"Irele, you have to return home right now" she said with a shaky voice.
. "What's happening," Irele demanded skeptically.
. "Okay... Hum, Your office was vandalized, everything was rummaged through and funny thing was, nothing was taken, just a note was left behind. Suprised and afraid, I hurried to your house immediately it happened and unfortunately, my expectations were met, your house was not spared," Nakun poured out and Irele's brain went blank, these people meant business.

. "Are you there?," Nakun prompted her out of her reverie but she was too mortified to utter a word. In place of it, she disconnected the call and slumped onto the bed in utter perplexity and was soon enough, lost in a private world of hers', of her thoughts. A world in which she was completely safe.

. "Whats up," James voice raced to her several minutes later which edged her into the right position to escape from her thoughts and it was then she realized she had acted stupidly; she had ignored what she was supposed to do first.

. "A colleage called to inform me that My house and office were probed, Uncle or rather, were ransacked by some unknown guys, I'm sick and fed up of everything Uncle," She spoke out amidst sobs, and tears. "I'm fed up, I'm sick. I know nothing about this and now, I'm being hunted for it? Suddenly, I'm on the run? For something I know virtually nothing about? Now, I can't live a normal life? I can't work? I can't go on vacations? I can't get married? I can't live the way I like? I can't be that happy woman? I can't live a fulfilled life? I can't have my kids?," Irele rampaged on but stopped when she noticed her Uncle had said nothing and she raised her face from his chest though she never knew how it got there and looked at His face, in a bid to get an assurance she was being listened to.

. "Irele!," James begun thoughtfully, "Though I'm no family man yet, I think I know the perfect time to allow a lady pour out her heart without interruption," he continued and held Irele's head close to his chest affectionately. He was re-playing the roles he had played years ago.

. "Now Irele, You've been really tensed up lately and that has greatly contributed to everything," he continued when he noticed Irele sobbing had died down. "We'll need you to keep your calm, think deep and and try to recollect anyone's face from the guys that were after you. Remember, think deep and keep your calm, we'll need to start somewhere, okay?".

. Irele closed her eyes and smuggling closer to James, she replayed the events of the past 48 hours: She saw herself in each scene, from the man in his virile aged that was killed, the men after the man, the men at her office, the men at her home, the document they were about and at each scene, she kept getting glance flashes of a face she knew but who it was evaded her. Then suddenly, she got it.

"Ransome! Ransome was among!" She gasped, covered and abashed with sweat all over.

"Ransome?," James inquired alarmedly.
. "Ransome!" Irele ascertained.

. James felt a huge lump in his throat and several goose pimples appeared on his face. He heaved heavily, He knew it was now a complicated issue.
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
The Present...
DATE: 28TH JANUARY, 2015.
TIME: 1723HR GMT.

. Ahmad navigated his 2000 golf Car with a double-dyed caution through the ever busy streaming street of Ajegunle. He kept his gaze ahead on the look out for looming hazards but synonymously, couldn't but provide any aid than to notice the change Lagos had gone through. Many fast pacing and reckless cars and motor-cycles and serious looking pedestrians that Lagos had always seemed to be endowed with by Mother Nature weaved past his crawling Car and each sight had always mused him.
. He chuckled and mantained his invisible connection with the never ending chains of air before him. "Nigerians! Where're they heading to?," he marvelled. "Even You?," He mused as his masterful eyes noticed a demented man taking quick sharp strides as if He had an appointment with anna macauly.

. A soundtrack from renowed hip hop artiste; Wizkid maneuveured its way to His ear buds as He drove past a retail Casette seller and it was then he realized the demeanour of the ambience. Everywhere was bustling and bubbling with Life; young boys roaming around, people going about their normal daily activities and the intense funny face creature hovering above shone its' brilliant rays on mother earth timidly. He mused sadly.

. From a normal being's view, from a being that wakes, works and retires quietly into its' shell, the country was almost torn in the chaos of electional crisis, fair enough, it was what they knew. But to the echeons, to the people directing the string, to the beings pulling the trigger, the country was about to be shattered, ruined, devastated. A great conspiracy was about to occur and the most calamitous battle was bound to ensue. The battle had begun already. It never commenced today, it had begun since 25 years ago, between families, each taking sides, between firms, and most paramountly now, between secret hidden groups. A little trip down the memory lane brought back the words he last heard from John Alfred, his wingman, "Sir, The bait is gone! The document is no longer in safe hands and I'm sure, 'The higher beings' wouldn't hesistate to go after it, its' all they need for the conspiracy, Sir. The paper is now in sustody of Irele Donald a niece to James Okubor, a high ranking commissioner of police in port-harcourt and the only living daughter of PQR-F4, she's an asset, a very paramount one. Sir, we need to act fast!".
. "Alfred, calm your nerves, keep up the facade. I'll be back in 72 hours," he had replied calmly and now, here he was, "guess it's finally show time," He thought.

. He mused as he remembered the 'Document's part', a document that had been with him for the past twenty six years and had been the cause of several misfortunes and deaths. He was very cautious. He made sure no one knew the so-called document was just a photocpy, not even Alfred, his wing man in guise of a journalist. Who could blame him? Men were never to be trusted.
Ahmad smiled smugly, his Dad obviously played his part well.

. "Uhn oh," Ahmed heard the grunting of a lady on the seat beside him and he snapped out of his thoughts.
. "Tess! You're awake," He declared.

End of Chapter 5!
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kinwayne(m): 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
Thronekid?? Today wasn't your day now.
what's up with you?
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by kinwayne(m): 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
I have already finished typing my own chapter 5 since morning, just had serious network problem that's why I wasn't able to post it.... At least you should have waited till tomorrow to see if I wasn't going to post,
Re: 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1 by Dyoungstar: 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
Kinwayne I guess the full stop we are seeing there ain't the main full stop that signifies the end.

Until we see

END OF CHAPTER 5 ba?

Because e too short.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) / Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine / WARRI PALAVA: U Go Laff Tire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.