Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. (3319 Views)

Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / I'm Sex Starve,but I Don't Want To Cheat On Him. / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by dunhill20: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello NL, I'm having a relationship issue. I met my girl when she was about 17. At the time, her mum was against her having a relationship with me. But out of the love I have for her, I couldn't let go. Her mum swore that she won't be alive to allow me marry her daughter in any way. We both love eachother, to the point I have the intention of taking her to the alter when the time comes. Now because of the beating she have been receiving, she left the house and run away of which I'm not in support of that. Her father hv now joined the chorus of saying that he will not support me. She is 18yrs old now. What should I do? Advice me, don't insult me.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by ronald4lif(m): 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
I don't think they have a problem with your person, but have a great deal of problem with having you disturbing their teenage daughter and distracting her from her studies. How about you allow her grow up a bit?

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by olu77(m): 8:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
Go and make money first. Real wealth. Her parents will be the one begging you to marry their daughter

Meanwhile what Ronald4lif said is true. How can you be chasing a teenager here and there for marriage when there are mamas on nairaland long overdue

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
Kill her patent,nothing more
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by ronald4lif(m): 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
olu77:
Go and make money first. Real wealth. Her parents will be the one begging you to marry their daughter

Meanwhile what Ronald4lif said is true. How can you be chasing a teenager here and there for marriage when there are mamas on nairaland long overdue

Lol @mamas on NL grin
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Akkord4gov: 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hmmm
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
Put her in a family way and they'll be begging you to come marry her for free sef.
Thank me later
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Calebosko(m): 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
Abi u nodey watch Nigerian film? Run away with her to another land,go and leav hapily ever after
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
She is 17? shocked shocked Op, how old are u?

Please leave this 'child' to grow up like every child should. Don't hasten the process for her bikonu.

No wonder the parents are acting this way, haba!

Trust me, by the time she enters the university grin grin her eyes will tear reach the back of her head and u will just be a memory she will laugh over with her friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by falconey(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
this is what guys practice nowadays.....they will flirt with older girls but when they are ready for marriage they will go after teenagers,their assets are new and maybe a virgin
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by LewisO: 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
Since her parent are against u marrying their daughter, to the extent of telling u they won't be alive u marrying her that means they hate with their blood, the best is to let her go, considering the beating she had being passing through, it happens u may love someone and it might not be suitable for marriage. Bro let her be... so that u won't regret it.

Precise she's still very young for marriage, that's the cause the parent are against u, seems u are taking it too fast!
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by adegoke93: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Bros to be candid with you this is not love but INFATUATION.From my own point of view she still young for this.let her focus on her education and you may even be arrested for this because they may think you know her whereabout.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by dunhill20: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
BaebieHot:
She is 17? shocked shocked Op, how old are u?

Please leave this 'child' to grow up like every child should. Don't hasten the process for her bikonu.

No wonder the parents are acting this way, haba!

Trust me, by the time she enters the university grin grin her eyes will tear reach the back of her head and u will just be a memory she will laugh over with her friends.
she is not 17, but 18 now. I do support her to be a graduate and I want her to go to school, of wch I will support her financially. I have the intention of getting married to her in future. Atleast when she is 22. But her parents don't want me.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by wordcat(m): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
1. Leave her alone and look for a matured lady if you're ready to marry.

2. Run away with her to a very far place, maybe to a rote village where there's no electricity and mobile network. You can start farming if you really love her.

3. Kill yourself if u can't do 1 & 2. Make sure u drop a suicide note and tell any of ur friends to update ur story here on nairaland so we can pray for your soul to Rest in Peace.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
@ op please going sampled opinion it is expident u allow her grow up, wen she up the age making decisions for her self, u will have little or no stress to contend wit

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
dunhill20:
she is not 17, but 18 now. I do support her to be a graduate and I want her to go to school, of wch I will support her financially. I have the intention of getting married to her in future. Atleast when she is 22. But her parents don't want me.

Well, I hope her parents get to see that u mean well for their daughter.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
wordcat:
1. Leave her alone and look for a matured lady if you're ready to marry.

2. Run away with her to a very far place, maybe to a rote village where there's no electricity and mobile network. You can start farming if you really love her.

3. Kill yourself if u can't do 1 & 2. Make sure u drop a suicide note and tell any of ur friends to update ur story here on nairaland so we can pray for your soul to Rest in Peace.
your words potrayed how shallow ur mind is, a brother needs advice and u tink d best tin u can say is to spew out dis callos statement. Please words are true reflection of d content of ones heart. Pls tame ur tongue if ur heart is a grave yard of wickedness
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by baralatie(m): 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
dunhill20:
Hello NL, I'm having a relationship issue. I met my girl when she was about 17. At the time, her mum was against her having a relationship with me. But out of the love I have for her, I couldn't let go. Her mum swore that she won't be alive to allow me marry her daughter in any way. We both love eachother, to the point I have the intention of taking her to the alter when the time comes. Now because of the beating she have been receiving, she left the house and run away of which I'm not in support of that. Her father hv now joined the chorus of saying that he will not support me. She is 18yrs old now. What should I do? Advice me, don't insult me.
is it by force!
don't you even have it in your self to allow her first fish university!
hian!
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by baralatie(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
Climaths:
your words potrayed how shallow ur mind is, a brother needs advice and u tink d best tin u can say is to spew out dis callos statement. Please words are true reflection of d content of ones heart. Pls tame ur tongue if ur heart is a grave yard of wickedness
how is you gf!
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by baralatie(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Qhal:
Put her in a family way and they'll be begging you to come marry her for free sef.
Thank me later
you should ask @climaths first his own experience!
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
dunhill20:
Leave her alone.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by ellapius(f): 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
baralatie:

you should ask @climaths first his own experience!
its ur type that come bavk here to cry u re liking one guy but ur friend steals her from u....
I cwn believe u re sooo childish and silly like this.
u nid to grow up cos u make me sick ur comments
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by whizqueen(f): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Impregnate her grin. They will beg you for ordinary introduction
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
dunhill20:

The girl has not passed her WAEC ,you disturbing her with marriage . Sometimes people deserve a high five, in the face, with a chair. Advice ko advert ni

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by baralatie(m): 12:41am On Feb 24, 2015
ellapius:
its ur type that come bavk here to cry u re liking one guy but ur friend steals her from u....
I cwn believe u re sooo childish and silly like this.
u nid to grow up cos u make me sick ur comments
wonderful! an attention seeker!

let me help you if you did not understand

the op has the same problem as a particular guy in nairaland. he was advised he went the other way .only he can tell you the results

obviously by your own comments you must be in favour of that little girl getting married without an education.
and to top it all th e only thing you talk about is ?? ?

I believe you should read what the op posted again!fast forward yourself and see yourself as a parent.What would you do?

you are free to decide what you think is best for the girl.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 24, 2015
Easy. Simply tell your girl and her mother to go and die.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by ellapius(f): 1:38am On Feb 24, 2015
baralatie:

wonderful! an attention seeker!

let me help you if you did not understand

the op has the same problem as a particular guy in nairaland. he was advised he went the other way .only he can tell you the results

obviously by your own comments you must be in favour of that little girl getting married without an education.
and to top it all th e only thing you talk about is ?? ?

I believe you should read what the op posted again!fast forward yourself and see yourself as a parent.What would you do?

you are free to decide what you think is best for the girl.
an attention seeker from this thread siooooh ...just grow up oga
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Lexusgs430: 2:19am On Feb 24, 2015
She is only 18, abeg let her face her studies. You have not mentioned your age !!!
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by kelvinmuffins3(m): 5:20am On Feb 24, 2015
Choi marriage kwa
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Afrok(m): 6:22am On Feb 24, 2015
18years Old and U ar thinking about marrying her? Come on, all these ish about loving and her running away is because her eyes never open, when her eyes finally does, she'll personally breakup with U maybe then her parents would've accepted U.

Relationship is yet to be supported, U are nursing the thoughts of taking her to alter, it doesn't make sense coz she's still young and u've got no idea on what tomorrow brings, hope U aren't deceiving the girl with marriage talks shaundecided.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by dunhill20: 7:08am On Feb 24, 2015
Alexpissu:

The girl has not passed her WAEC ,you disturbing her with marriage . Sometimes people deserve a high five, in the face, with a chair. Advice ko advert ni
you misunderstand the post. I support her in going to school. I even helped her during her waec financially. Don't u believe love exist? I intend to wait for her to go to school. That is my wish for her.
Re: What Should I Do When Her Parents Don't Want Me To Marry Her. by Bosville(m): 7:12am On Feb 24, 2015
ronald4lif:
I don't think they have a problem with your person, but have a great deal of problem with having you disturbing their teenage daughter and distracting her from her studies. How about you allow her grow up a bit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Me Employed And Marry Me / Guys Will Stop Dating For Sex When Ladies Stop Dating For Money / Maheeda Baths Unclad And Shares Video On Snapchat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.