Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (137430 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 3:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
DanIndia:
ipconfig /all should do you good but try this if it doesn't work. This automatically resets the dhcp ip and requests for a new one from the server - ipconfig /release. Give it a shot, I suppose this will work on a hosted lab environment

Ok
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by daontop: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hi, please I need help on something.
I have been trying to connect two router interfaces to a cloud on gns 3 but it keeps rejecting the other interface. How do I go about it. I have run the program (gns3) as an administrator as advised but it's still not working. Anyone tried it before? Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
daontop:
Hi, please I need help on something.
I have been trying to connect two router interfaces to a cloud on gns 3 but it keeps rejecting the other interface. How do I go about it. I have run the program (gns3) as an administrator as advised but it's still not working. Anyone tried it before? Thanks
Try these:
***Use a serial cable or a cross over cable for the connection.

****if it's an old connection, check for access list configurations on the interface by either the show access-list or show IP interface brief

*****check for the respective interface as well and make sure the same configurations are applied to both interface.

I'm of the packet tracer simulator though I don't know if they're similar.So try that and give us the feedback of your actions!!! cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by daontop: 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
baba11:

Try these:
***Use a serial cable or a cross over cable for the connection.

****if it's an old connection, check for access list configurations on the interface by either the show access-list or show IP interface brief

*****check for the respective interface as well and make sure the same configurations are applied to both interface.

I'm of the packet tracer simulator though I don't know if they're similar.So try that and give us the feedback of your actions!!! cool

Thanks but it doesn't work that way with gns3. I can do all that with packet tracer but not with gns 3.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
daontop:

Thanks but it doesn't work that way with gns3. I can do all that with packet tracer but not with gns 3.
Alright...
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
i posted here a couple of weeks ago that my exam was schedule by first week of this month, well after i emulated someone here i made sure i did without dumbs and completed todd lamle 4 times and other materials, and ofc labbing, well i realised my mistake was from the labbing, especially access-list. I registered again by now the price has gone up to 113k because of dollar rate, and as God would do it. I passed with a score of 941. Alhamdulilah. Next is CCNP Insha Allah

3 Likes

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
Safari29:
i posted here a couple of weeks ago that my exam was schedule by first week of this month, well after i emulated someone here i made sure i did without dumbs and completed todd lamle 4 times and other materials, and ofc labbing, i had 789 out of 1000, i failed. Seriously the exam was more easier than it seems and i was able to finish within 1hr 15min, and i was so sure of passing until the computer calculated my score, psst alas i failed. i was devastated, 93k down the drain. well i realised my mistake was from the labbing, especially access-list. I registered again by now the price has gone up to 113k because of dollar rate, and as God would do it, my second to the last question was the same Lab i failed in my first attempt, and i got it right this time. I passed with a score of 941. Alhamdulilah. Next is CCNP Insha Allah
Aliamdulilah for you...could you be specific about the access list..did they set more than standard and extended access list.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2016
extended access-list, same format as my first attempt, but different host. Labs carry more points or marks that objectives question
baba11:

Aliamdulilah for you...could you be specific about the access list..did they set more than standard and extended access list.

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 8:03am On Feb 18, 2016
Safari29:
extended access-list, same format as my first attempt, but different host. Labs carry more points or marks that objectives question
Alright..
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 9:41am On Feb 18, 2016
Guys its been a while I came here. I just want to tell you guys how e dey pain me. Am almost ready to write my 300-115 Switch exams and dollar is $365. Thats N91250 cry plus Test center charge N6000 angry, thats N97250 embarassed. omo na almost 100k be this ooo. Imagine wetin th happen for this country lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

If u intend writing your exams anytime soon ready or not abeg go and pay asap. So u can reschedule later.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:24am On Feb 19, 2016
WoW, Awesome one, Safari29.

Good job, man. I'm sorry to hear about not nailing it on the first attempt and I'm glad you fired back at it, immediately. Congratulations, bro. And welcome to CISCO.

baba11 could use some heads up too.
Safari29:
i posted here a couple of weeks ago that my exam was schedule by first week of this month, well after i emulated someone here i made sure i did without dumbs and completed todd lamle 4 times and other materials, and ofc labbing, i had 789 out of 1000, i failed. Seriously the exam was more easier than it seems and i was able to finish within 1hr 15min, and i was so sure of passing until the computer calculated my score, psst alas i failed. i was devastated, 93k down the drain. well i realised my mistake was from the labbing, especially access-list. I registered again by now the price has gone up to 113k because of dollar rate, and as God would do it, my second to the last question was the same Lab i failed in my first attempt, and i got it right this time. I passed with a score of 941. Alhamdulilah. Next is CCNP Insha Allah
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:24am On Feb 19, 2016
No be small money be this o. Chai. What is going on ?
snipesdam:
Guys its been a while I came here. I just want to tell you guys how e dey pain me. Am almost ready to write my 300-115 Switch exams and dollar is $365. Thats N91250 cry plus Test center charge N6000 angry, thats N97250 embarassed. omo na almost 100k be this ooo. Imagine wetin th happen for this country lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

If u intend writing your exams anytime soon ready or not abeg go and pay asap. So u can reschedule later.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 1:25am On Feb 19, 2016
True. If I remember correctly, at the time of my exam, I had a lab that almost broke my back. I spent like 10 mins on the LAB and all other questions was just like surfing. It was ACL too. Block one protocol and allow the other stuff.
Safari29:
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 11:22am On Feb 19, 2016
thanks brother for the encouragement. Pls what approach is better for CCNP? Switch or Route or TShoot first? self-study or attend classes? though i have all the time in this world to prepare, my wish is to nailed it before the year runs out. Also is it advisable to do Microsoft Server Cert exams? thanks in advance for your candid response

DanIndia:
True. If I remember correctly, at the time of my exam, I had a lab that almost broke my back. I spent like 10 mins on the LAB and all other questions was just like surfing. It was ACL too. Block one protocol and allow the other stuff.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
You can go with ever approach you'd prefer but almost everyone takes the TSHOOT last as it tests you on both the Routing and Switching technologies. I prefer ROUTE - SWITCH and then onto T-SHOOT and since you just finished CCNA, I'd consider you take the ROUTE first as you'll find it very welcoming. MS certs ? I really don't know. I think you should go for whatever you want to.
Safari29:
thanks brother for the encouragement. Pls what approach is better for CCNP? Switch or Route or TShoot first? self-study or attend classes? though i have all the time in this world to prepare, my wish is to nailed it before the year runs out. Also is it advisable to do Microsoft Server Cert exams? thanks in advance for your candid response

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 11:42am On Feb 20, 2016
What's so special about access list that made you guys found it difficult to do..is it not the one we applied close to the destination of the path we're applying it and it is being applied on source,destination and their respective port numbers. When applying it,each their respective wildcard must be used too in the form of the range of block sizes... this is for the extended

For standard,only source IP address+wildcard will be used and will be applied close to the source path to be applied it on..

I think I need to put more effort on this area tongue tongue tongue
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kayfis: 8:33am On Feb 21, 2016
DanIndia:
Hey folks,

DanIndia here. I'm planning to start a study group on Cisco certifications... as of now, it will be purely basic stuffs - CCNA topics mostly.
If anyone is interested in participating and is up for some hardcore hours labbing and has a laptop with the required specifications to run GNS3 and Packet Tracer, and is looking to motivate others, learn with others then comment on this thread and let me know if you're interested.

P.S: This is no advertisement for a Cisco Institution or some course with an Institution or whatsoever. This is just a personal invitation to learn together as a group. No charges and there will never be. It's 100% free... and this will continue for a long time and will be sharing career opportunities too.
Pls, I'd love to join this group, I've attended CCNA training b4 but has been long, so I wld love to refresh myself in preparation for certification. This is my email address olowe.kunlejames6@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 6:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
I noticed that HSRP and VRRP are not supported on Catalyst 4507r+e switch. Anyone experienced this before?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 7:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
ptoall1000:
I noticed that HSRP and VRRP are not supported on Catalyst 4507r+e switch. Anyone experienced this before?
Use GLNP cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
baba11:

Use GLNP cool
PlS what does this mean?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:20am On Feb 29, 2016
That was a typo. It's supposed to be GLBP. Gateway Load Balancing Protocol.
ptoall1000:

PlS what does this mean?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 8:38am On Feb 29, 2016
DanIndia:
That was a typo. It's supposed to be GLBP. Gateway Load Balancing Protocol.
I really dont want load balancing but Failover backup. But why cant a powerful switch like Catalyst 4507R+E not hv that capacity?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
On what IOS is the SWITCH running ? And believe, I've no prior experience with the 4507R.
ptoall1000:

I really dont want load balancing but Failover backup. But why cant a powerful switch like Catalyst 4507R+E not hv that capacity?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 4:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
DanIndia:
On what IOS is the SWITCH running ? And believe, I've no prior experience with the 4507R.
The most likely answer is that:Your switch doesn't support the setup.. try to use the latest catalyst switch
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:08am On Mar 01, 2016
I don't think so. The latest Catalyst Switch out there costs thousands of dollars.
My bit is that the IOS run doesn't support whatever he is trying to do. A lot of things doesn't work on IOS versions < 15 these days.
baba11:

The most likely answer is that:Your switch doesn't support the setup.. try to use the latest catalyst switch
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 01, 2016
Didn't know a nice thread like ds exisited here. I just completed my Cisco training but couldn't write the exam due to too much cost of dollar. I hope to learn alot here while i wait for the right time
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 8:13am On Mar 01, 2016
Welcome John Paul, The online sessions have been put on hold for a while now due to some personal projects. However, things should resume and I'll post an update on when a session will be conducted.

Welcome, again.
Johnpaul88:
Didn't know a nice thread like ds exisited here. I just completed my Cisco training but couldn't write the exam due to too much cost of dollar. I hope to learn alot here while i wait for the right time
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2016
DanIndia:
Welcome John Paul, The online sessions have been put on hold for a while now due to some personal projects. However, things should resume and I'll post an update on when a session will be conducted.

Welcome, again.
Good!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 9:14am On Mar 01, 2016
DanIndia:
I don't think so. The latest Catalyst Switch out there costs thousands of dollars.
My bit is that the IOS run doesn't support whatever he is trying to do. A lot of things doesn't work on IOS versions < 15 these days.
..then he needs to upgraded the Cisco iOS version..I just hope it's compatible with with his devices tongue
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Ezle(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
@https://www.nairaland.com/post/31026518
Pls am interested in the class. This is my email bbiosla01@yahoo.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hi guys,

It's been a while here.. Please does anyone have a way around VCE in order to practice dumps? Must I purchase?

Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 06, 2016
i really need to be a part of the next study group because i want to be certified by june and dont have money for classes... henryelue@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (57) (Reply)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.