Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (137432 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by debbie(f): 9:18am On Jul 29, 2015
Where do you stay,what is your timing like...example,do you have full days to your self?
Let me know.
1wolex85:
Good day house, please where is the best CCNA training center in Lagos? I mean a place with hands on training. I will appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Yungmilio2(m): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
HOW many weeks ' months does it takes someone who has no idea about ccna to become a pro?
and what can a pro in ccna be able to do in networking n other stuff?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by 1wolex85: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
debbie:
Where do you stay,what is your timing like...example,do you have full days to your self?
Let me know.
i work and i stay in festac.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Marshiro(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
1wolex85:
Good day house, please where is the best CCNA training center in Lagos? I mean a place with hands on training. I will appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
I will recommend hiit plc. They have a very good instructor and they have produced a lot of professionals on the field
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by 1wolex85: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Marshiro:
I will recommend hiit plc. They have a very good instructor and they have produced a lot of professionals on the field
do they train with live routers and switches?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Yungmilio2(m): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2015
Yungmilio2:
HOW many weeks ' months does it takes someone who has no idea about ccna to become a pro?
and what can a pro in ccna be able to do in networking n other stuff?
need a reply
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by AweEngineer(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
DanIndia:
There are thousands of free tutorials on YouTube but those ones wouldn't teach as those who do it for a living. You cant tell me those Instructors are as better as Cisco Certified and Recommended Instructors. And yes, those tutors did it because they are willing to help others. The other videos (INE and CBT) are copyrighted, you are not allowed to share them and even if you do, it's illegal.

I understand you're not financially buoyant but you're investing in your future and career. So do what you feel is right for you. You never know who is sniffing around. If someone gets a hold of your name and ID and report it, you would get a total life-ban and that's Cisco for you. It's serious.
The INE videos you're probably talking about must have been recorded by Brian and I know him, well not on a personal level but I know how hard it is to record long minutes of videos. How do you think this same individual would feel if he finds out the countless numbers of hours he spent recording those clips didn't really pay off because it was being distributed freely on a forum?

And to be honest, most people who study for CCNA wouldn't want to spend hundreds and thousands dollars for it, most especially someone from Nigeria when everything dey computer village. If you've got a good internet access, YouTube is even more than enough. There are hundreds of it, you go watch you go tire lol.

All the best on your cert exams. smiley
thanks man. . .you sealed it all.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Engrsleeker: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
am interested too danindia
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Marshiro(m): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
1wolex85:

do they train with live routers and switches?
they only train with a live router n switch towards d end of the course but packet tracer is good tool for you to master the commands
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by khaynoni(m): 2:59am On Aug 01, 2015
Marshiro:
they only train with a live router n switch towards d end of the course but packet tracer is good tool for you to master the commands

What's the latest version of packet tracer available for download and where can I download it?

secondly, I'll appreciate it if someone in the house can explain to me in layman's term what Summarization is? I'm not really getting the concept as explained in chapter 5: VLSMs, of ccna official study guide by Todd Lammle. Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Marshiro(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2015
khaynoni:

What's the latest version of packet tracer available for download and where can I download it?

secondly, I'll appreciate it if someone in the house can explain to me in layman's term what Summarization is? I'm not really getting the concept as explained in chapter 5: VLSMs, of ccna official study guide by Todd Lammle. Thanks
The latest version is 6.2 and u can search on Google and download through the numerous links,I tink the file size is 175mb.
Summarization is just like giving a summary of all the IP address in a particular network

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by khaynoni(m): 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
Marshiro:
The latest version is 6.2 and u can search on Google and download through the numerous links,I tink the file size is 175mb.
Summarization is just like giving a summary of all the IP address in a particular network

Thanks but the problem I'm having with it is that I always get it wrong whenever I want to ascertain the best IP address to use for summarizing a set of IP addresses.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
That's right. You'll always get it wrong at first... but when you practice and lab a lot more than you currently do, you'll be able to do it at the top of your head. So the tip is PRACTICE, LAB, REPEAT.
Remember, practice makes perfect.

All the best in your networking journey.
khaynoni:

Thanks but the problem I'm having with it is that I always get it wrong whenever I want to ascertain the best IP address to use for summarizing a set of IP addresses.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by khaynoni(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
DanIndia:
That's right. You'll always get it wrong at first... but when you practice and lab a lot more than you currently do, you'll be able to do it at the top of your head. So the tip is PRACTICE, LAB, REPEAT.
Remember, practice makes perfect.

All the best in your networking journey.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by chukwujike: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
Please also feel free to ask questions on ccna, ccnp, wireless, ccie. I can also send you materials. One love.

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by afegbai(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
chukwujike:
Please also feel free to ask questions on ccna, ccnp, wireless, ccie. I can also send you materials. One love.

Good evening.. Please do you have materials on ccna security.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Marshiro(m): 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
khaynoni:

you have to consider the number of host u have in each network and then assign a subnet DAT will not waste so much IP address and u consider d block size of DAT subnet and where it ends will b d beginning of another network.the main reason behind summarization is to conserve IP address. I hope this helps a little
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by khaynoni(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2015
It really helped. You explained the concept so well that I had no other option than to understand. Thanks so much.
Marshiro:
you have to consider the number of host u have in each network and then assign a subnet DAT will not waste so much IP address and u consider d block size of DAT subnet and where it ends will b d beginning of another network.the main reason behind summarization is to conserve IP address. I hope this helps a little
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Marshiro(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
khaynoni:
It really helped. You explained the concept so well that I had no other option than to understand. Thanks so much.
you are always welcomed!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by sundayslim(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hi, I'm Sunday. CCNP certified, CCIE in view
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by sundayslim(m): 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
khaynoni:

Nice explanation, however, the aim of summarization is not to conserve IP addresses but to optimize routing table entries.

You can reach me via email. ogali.sunday @gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by uzzyj(m): 12:02am On Aug 05, 2015
[color=#770077][/color][i][/i]good evening, please I would like to join this group. Please, advise on how to go about that it. My email is just4uzzy@gmail.com.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by uzzyj(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2015
please I would like to join this group. Please, advise on how to go about that it. My email is just4uzzy@gmail.com.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
khaynoni:

It's quite easy. The key to summarization is knowing the node of interest of the networks in question and then looking for the right block size that encompasses all of them and translating that block size into the correct mask. The key is your block size. I really love this thread.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
sundayslim:

Nice explanation, however, the aim of summarization is not to conserve IP addresses but to optimize routing table entries.

You can reach me via email. ogali.sunday @gmail.com

I'm really enthusiastic about the network engineering career path but then I have some questions. What are the prospects of a Cisco career path in the current Nigerian labour market? The reports I'm getting have been conflicting. Recently met a guy who has CCNP and still can't find a job + a guy with CCNA who is jobless too. Some people also vouch that at least with a CCNA you'd definitely get a job in the IT industry. How true is this? Please this question goes to @sundayslim and the house generally.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by khaynoni(m): 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Thanks to you and to everyone that took his time to answer my question. May God bless you real good.

NoriegaQ:

It's quite easy. The key to summarization is knowing the node of interest of the networks in question and then looking for the right block size that encompasses all of them and translating that block size into the correct mask. The key is your block size. I really love this thread.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by sundayslim(m): 6:45am On Aug 06, 2015
NoriegaQ:

I'm really enthusiastic about the network engineering career path but then I have some questions. What are the prospects of a Cisco career path in the current Nigerian labour market? The reports I'm getting have been conflicting. Recently met a guy who has CCNP and still can't find a job + a guy with CCNA who is jobless too. Some people also vouch that at least with a CCNA you'd definitely get a job in the IT industry. How true is this? Please this question goes to @sundayslim and the house generally.

Getting a good job with your certifications depends on you as a person. When I got my CCNP, I didn't get a job immediately. I had to learn how to properly package myself in my CV. That was when I got the job. Some people still don't know how to write good CVs. However, you don't just go online and apply for jobs like everyone else. I got my job by walking into the company and speaking with the HR personnel. They admired my courage because I told them that the company needs a young and skilled professional like me who has ideas to offer. I got called later, passed the interview and today I'm working with good pay. 100k to start, 120k after 6 months. Other benefits are available. It's just about being creative in your packaging and being confident, and that differs from person to person.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
sundayslim:

Getting a good job with your certifications depends on you as a person. When I got my CCNP, I didn't get a job immediately. I had to learn how to properly package myself in my CV. That was when I got the job. Some people still don't know how to write good CVs. However, you don't just go online and apply for jobs like everyone else. I got my job by walking into the company and speaking with the HR personnel. They admired my courage because I told them that the company needs a young and skilled professional like me who has ideas to offer. I got called later, passed the interview and today I'm working with good pay. 100k to start, 120k after 6 months. Other benefits are available. It's just about being creative in your packaging and being confident, and that differs from person to person.

Thanks for the reply man. A friend of mine told me something quite close to this. He said with a networking cert its better to walk into companies (ISPs especially) and apply rather than wait for the online adverts because 70% of networking jobs aren't advertised. I'm currently preparing to take the CCNA soon but I already have 8 months experience as an intern at an IT firm. I've read many materials and spent many hours labbing on PT so I feel good about my chances but then I can't seem to shake off this voice in my head that says I should enrol for CCNA at a training centre regardless, maybe just to see if I can learn something I don't already know. What would you advise? Should I just focus on dumps and my self study or join the class instead considering that would be another financial sacrifice? Thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2015
NEVER EVER focus on DUMPS. Focus on the studies. Dumping an exam isn't the same as passing it.
Study it first, understand it and everything else comes next but don't let dump be a focus. By the way, I like your spirit though. You've spent many hours labbing, Awesome. Have you broken anything on PT yet ? I'd advise you to try and do labbing on GNS3 too. You'll get the feel of a live gear.
NoriegaQ:

Thanks for the reply man. A friend of mine told me something quite close to this. He said with a networking cert its better to walk into companies (ISPs especially) and apply rather than wait for the online adverts because 70% of networking jobs aren't advertised. I'm currently preparing to take the CCNA soon but I already have 8 months experience as an intern at an IT firm. I've read many materials and spent many hours labbing on PT so I feel good about my chances but then I can't seem to shake off this voice in my head that says I should enrol for CCNA at a training centre regardless, maybe just to see if I can learn something I don't already know. What would you advise? Should I just focus on dumps and my self study or join the class instead considering that would be another financial sacrifice? Thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
I totally agreed with line in bold.
How are you liking your job ? Is it fun ? Tell us about something you've messed up/fixed hehe. OH, this one no be interview o.
sundayslim:

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by uzzyj(m): 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mr. DanIndia, seems your schedule is tight? Cos I'm yet to receive a valid I'd to join the lecture and. Partake from your vast knowledge.
DanIndia:
Got it. Noone has showed up from the thread though. I'll post a few screenshots from yesterday's session.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by sundayslim(m): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
DanIndia:
I totally agreed with line in bold.
How are you liking your job ? Is it fun ? Tell us about something you've messed up/fixed hehe. OH, this one no be interview o.

Ha-ha... It's been quite challenging, but very interesting too. Haven't messed up anything yet, but I've been opportuned to fix a few problems. From my experience so far, I've learnt that a well built network will save you a lot of stress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (57) (Reply)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.