Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Programming Challenge - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Challenge (1437 Views)

Programming Challenge: Convert String to Json with a Loop / Everyday PHP Programming Challenge (solved) / Is The Programming Challenge Series Dead ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 9:04am On Feb 24, 2015
Please let us gain more experience and knowledge, by challenging our selves with what programmers are facing in industry, companies and organiations.

Programming Challenge

1)- Distinguish between mathematically oriented languages and non-mathematically oriented language.

2)- Why does industry prefer mathematicians to programmers:
Asserting that mathematician have problem solving skills, compared to programmers.

3)- Is programming replacing Software Engineering?

4)- Is programming Math?
Is Computer Science maths?
Is math superior to programing?

5)- Is Computer the future?

6)- Via prediction, robotic development is growing intensively; Is robot replacing human labour?
How and Why?

7)- Why are most professors not rich?

cool- Why are mathematician teaching computing in higher academic level?

9)- Is computer the leading technology?

10)- Must everyone (all academic field) study computational science?

11)- Between computer science and mathematics, which aid most in logical reasoning and improve smartness?

12)- Why are some computer pioneers the most business innovative in the world?

13)- Why did competition emerges in the computing industry?

14)- Why are programming language fading?

15)- What effort does computation needed; Mental or Hardworking?

16)- Why did most people think that computer literacy is majorly for computer science student, and not for everybody?

17)- How does Electronic engineers and physicist contributed to computer hardware, and affect software positively?

Programmers Prediction

Above all, all advocates of computer should give his/her prediction concerning computer in the nearest future.

See what i clame: Mine will be different. What about you?

Note: Answer questions by including the number. The list is not full, so please kindly add your's as we continue answering the questions and Overcomming our Challenges

@Paul!
Re: Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
Answer - Question 1

All programming languages are not well mathematically oriented, as only but a few of them are fit enough in writting an operating system. Examples of mathematically oriented language include C, C++, and so on.

There has being many arguements that Java is becomming the giant of programming language, as it is used in written the android operating system. When comparing languages together, please compare with valuabe facts and not just with feasible evidence. There is no Superior language, as well as there is no Inferior language.

As a Mathematicain and the sametime a Computer Science, not just that but a physicist, electronic engineer, English advocate, a teacher, a company, and most especially, God vessel.
To me, languages that are not well mathematically well constructive can never emerge to be the best. That is why programmers are very ridicule in industry.
Since programming all started as a result of mathematical operation, languages will be meaningless by depreciating mathematics in prog lang.

I Rest my case but will continue by challenge.
Re: Programming Challenge by Aybee92(m): 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
make I spread mat siddon...
am hear to learn from my ogas
Re: Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
Answer - Question 5

Debating whether computer is the future is the most sensitive prediction.

President Obama of America employed all America students to study computer science because he knows that computer is the future. Infact, bank will soon majorly prefer to employ computer scientist, compared to accountants.

Since great programmers are mathematics guru, computer science can still emerge to be the top-most in the world.

Bill gates prediction concerning computer science before the year 2050;
Says that Robots wil replace human labour and extensively use by farmers, due to the modernization of artificial intelligence development.

My own perspective vividly oppose there pridictions.

Computer is not the future, but something is coming that will lead technology in the future while passing through computer.

Computer is fading. Am not trying to down grade but they are limited to handle software relating problems and not real problems while mathematician satisfy this.

If computer should be the future, that means that the 21st century invent nothing but contributions to the old century inventions.
Something must emerge.

We can not just be operating a machine that is not agile enough.
We need a machine that will be wise enough to solve common problems in the community.

If computer is really growing, i think that they should have replace mechanical work.

Computer is not the future.
Re: Programming Challenge by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2015
You may want to change the title of this thread as it's a little ... misleading

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge by youngestpr(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
HCpaul:
Answer - Question 1

There has being many arguements that Java is becomming the giant of programming language, as it is used in written the android operating system. When comparing languages together, please compare with valuabe facts and not just with feasible evidence. There is no Superior language, as well as there is no Inferior language.

I do not think Java was used in writing the android operating system.
http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/51769/is-android-a-language-or-a-framework-platform
Re: Programming Challenge by drealboy(m): 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
2) I doubt if any industry prefer mathematicians to programmers. both r about problems solving.
Re: Programming Challenge by drealboy(m): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
HCpaul:
Answer - Question 1

All programming languages are not well mathematically oriented, as only but a few of them are fit enough in writting an operating system. Examples of mathematically oriented language include C, C++, and so on.

As a Mathematicain and the sametime a Computer Science, not just that but a physicist, electronic engineer, English advocate, a teacher, a company, and most especially, God vessel.
To me, languages that are not well mathematically well constructive can never emerge to be the best. That is why programmers are very ridicule in industry.
Since programming all started as a result of mathematical operation, languages will be meaningless by depreciating mathematics in prog lang.

1) every programming language has a design objectives.some r great for text manipulation like perl while some r great for complex mathematical computation like Fortran while some r great in system programing like c/c++

2) even those language that r not that mathematically oriented can solve most mathematical problems with third party libraries example is numpy in python
3) pls can u clarify why programmers r being ridiculed because that ur closing statement didn't not hold water at all.thanks

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
drealboy:

1) every programming language has a design objectives.some r great for text manipulation like perl while some r great for complex mathematical computation like Fortran while some r great in system programing like c/c++

2) even those language that r not that mathematically oriented can solve most mathematical problems with third party libraries example is numpy in python
3) pls can u clarify why programmers r being ridiculed because that ur closing statement didn't not hold water at all.thanks

I too, am a programmer and not trying to ridicule it as a profession. Everyone will always defend his profession, but until we convert our weakness to strenght, we will not grow. Every of your statement are correct. Infact, have seen an arguement proclaiming that; "Programming is a mathematical operation". And beside, i have not even answer other areas of the questions.

Are you a mathematician? I know that there are languages intentionally designed for mathematical operation. But great mathematician are software engineers. Computation emerges from mathematics and also does not stand out independently.

And note that we are overcomming our programming challenges. Let us debate and make a valuable contribution which is worthy of implementation.

Thanks for contributing.
Re: Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
Mathematicians are the great programmers.

Those who make early contributions to computer are mathematicians. Even in the UK, 25% of mathematics graduate propel to the computing industry, and mathematics professors mostly teaches computing in higher academic level.

To me, computer science is just another area or department of mathematics.

Until todays programmers embrace mathematics to be the father of computation, and acknowledge that; "programming is not independent of mathematics"

computer have not replace human labour but rather reduce it. The growth of computer is when it replaces mechanical work.

I rest my case but will continue by challenge

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Answer - Question 3

In my above arguements, i have briefly mentioned something similar.

This is the major weakness of computer science. Programming is replacing software engineering.

Everyone are now great programmers, but not fit enough in becomming a software engineers. And the computer itself, was developed by people who never study computer science but rather a leading mathematician in their own time.

And infact, studying computer science in school is not a worthy course since being a mathematics advocate will make you to become fit.

Study mathematics and not just computer science.

Great computing techniques are developed by mathematian.

God bless mathematics but emerges computer science.

Am only funny, am a computer scientist.

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 11:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
Thread continuation.
Re: Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
Programming challenge
Re: Programming Challenge by Seun(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
How can we discuss so many issues in one thread with any level of seriousness?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Programming Challenge by Standing5(m): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
This thread is more of a monologue (opinion) thread than a dialogue thread for now.
Programming to me involves more than maths as art is involved. The same way we have engineering maths as part of engineering in sch is how maths is to programming. Engineering and programming are technically having same relatnship w maths.
Re: Programming Challenge by seunthomas: 10:04am On Jul 20, 2015
HCpaul:
Answer - Question 1

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by mathematically oriented and non mathematically oriented languages. From my understanding all languages are mathematically based.
Re: Programming Challenge by Mordred: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
HCpaul:
Answer - Question 1

I dont think anyone can be all these and still write like this, especially the 'English Advocate' part.
Re: Programming Challenge by Olumyco(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
To me Mathematics is a tool in many applications.
Like Programming, Engineering, Statistics and so on. Just like saying art (drawing) is applicable in many areas.
Note this that there is a great difference between Academics and Profession. Computer Science is a course in Academics. In Profession u talk about Programming, networking etc.
We can say that d professional aspect of computer science is more demanding and dominant compare to the professional aspect of Mathematical Science.
Re: Programming Challenge by Mordred: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
I think academics kill creativity. School teaches you how to solve a problem in the way someone else already has. Mathematicians and Computer scientists in their right minds ultimately become programmers. I have always thought everything you need to know can be gotten from pure reason alone, Mathematics, Physics, Computer science.. I don't want to cram Newton or Einstein's equations, I want to know what was going on in his mind when the apple fell from the tree(even though this was just an anecdote) and derive his equations on my own.

3 Likes

Re: Programming Challenge by HCpaul(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
This is a debate. Stop defending your profession.

(1) (Reply)

Which Js Frameworks Is The Best To Learn / I Need An MQL4 Programmer For A Quick Job / Latest Programming Lang In The IT Word Is:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.