Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Herrera: I Want To Emulate Scholes At Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Herrera: I Want To Emulate Scholes At Manchester United (399 Views)

Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses / Jordan Ibe Wants To Emulate Steven Gerrard / Xavi Vs Pirlo Vs Scholes; Who Is The Best Passer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Herrera: I Want To Emulate Scholes At Manchester United by Moh4newsafrica(f): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
The summer signing is keen to make his own mark at Old Trafford but hopes to learn from the example of the veteran midfielder, who made over 700 appearances for the club

Ander Herrera hopes to become a Manchester United legend in the mould of Paul Scholes after a steady start to his career in England.

With two goals in his last two appearances the 25-year-old is beginning to show the form that convinced United to bring him to the club in June, but he says there is plenty more to come.

Herrera has set his sights on emulating Scholes’ achievements at United, where he scored 155 goals in 718 appearances after making his debut in 1994.

“Paul Scholes is maybe the biggest midfielder in United history,” he told the Manchester Evening News.

“I want to be Ander Herrera, [but] I want to learn things from Paul Scholes, things from Michael Carrick, things from Wayne Rooney.

“I wish one day, I can be so important to the fans, but I have to work very, very hard for that.

“But, I am 25 years old, I have to learn a lot from my team-mates, [and] from great players like Paul Scholes and I want to learn.”

read more>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://newsafricanow.com/herrera-i-want-to-emulate-scholes-at-manchester-united-2/

(1) (Reply)

Rooney Backs Di Maria To Recapture Form / Rodgers: Liverpool Denied 'clear Penalty' / Barcelona Boss Faces Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.