Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

What Kind Of Car Am I Driving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Kind Of Car Am I Driving (1897 Views)

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / My People I Need Advise On This Car Am Buying . / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by nurey(m): 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
1. SEDAN/SALOON
a car in three box form of engine, passenger and cargo, it is one of the most typical car bodies and you see many examples of this on Nigerian roads, examples includes but not limited to toyota camry, honda accord, the audi A4-8, merc S-E-C class and a host of others

2. CONVERTIBLE
this cars can inter change between a open air mode to enclosed ones, they are car enthusiast favorites. they sometimes make use of a retractable hard top (volvo C70), roll back textile roof (volkswagen new beetle).

3. COUPE
A coupé (US coupe) is a closed two-door car body style with a permanently attached fixed roof, that is shorter than a saloon (US sedan) of the same model, and it often has seating for two persons or with a tight-spaced rear seat. The precise definition of the term varies between manufacturers and over time. The term was first applied to 19th-century carriages, where the rear-facing seats had been eliminated, or cut out. a popular one is the hyundai coupe, toyota solara, honda accord coupe etc.

4. SUVs
A sport utility vehicle or suburban utility vehicle (SUV) is a vehicle similar to a station wagon or estate car, usually equipped with four-wheel drive for on or off-road ability. Some SUVs include the towing capacity of a pickup truck with the passenger carrying space of a minivan or large sedan. suvs have good ground clearance and are designed to be used often on rough surfaces.

5. CUVs
A crossover (or CUV: crossover utility vehicle) is a vehicle built on a car platform and combining, in highly variable degrees, features of a sport utility vehicle (SUV) with features from a passenger vehicle (saloon/sedan), especially those of a station wagon or hatchback.

Using the uni-body construction typical of passenger vehicles instead of the body-on-frame platform used in light trucks and the original SUVs, the crossover combines SUV design features such as tall interior packaging, high H-point seating, high center of gravity, high ground-clearance or AWD capability, with design features from an automobile such as a passenger vehicle's platform, independent rear suspension, car-like handling and superior fuel economy. examples include renault duster, toyota rav4, ford escape, Honda crv etc.

6. MPVs
multi-purpose-vehicle also known as minivan, it is designed for personal use so differs slightly from a VAN. Minivans are typically either two-box or one box designs for maximum interior volume, and are taller than a sedan, hatchback, or a station wagon.
Worldwide, minivans are also marketed as multi-purpose vehicles (MPVs), people-carriers, people-movers, or multi-utility vehicles (MUVs). examples include toyota sienna, honda odyssey, kia sedona, Chrysler town and country etc.

7. VANs
A van is a kind of vehicle used for transporting goods or people. In the main and most prevalent usage, a van is smaller than a truck and bigger than an automobile. examples dodge ram, volkswagen transporter, hyundai H-100, mercedez benz LT series. etc

8. RVs
A recreational vehicle (RV) is, in North America, the usual term for a motor vehicle or trailer equipped with living space and amenities found in a home. Several definitions exist for RVs and vary by region, including "caravan", "camper van" and "motorhome", but are also used to designate different types of vehicles outside North America, hence "RV" is preferred.

9. PICKUP TRUCKS
A pickup truck, often simply referred to as a pickup or truck, is a light motor vehicle with an open-top, rear cargo area (otherwise known as a bed). In North America, the term pickup is used for light trucks with a lighter duty chassis and factory built, integrated bed, as well as for coupé utility vehicles, often based on a personal car chassis, but also often on a special dedicated chassis for such use. examples include toyota hilux, Nissan frontier, honda ridgeline etc.

source of info wikipedia.org

you can also add yours and if you dont know the category of your car, state the manufacturer and model, and we can help put in the right category.

Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by nurey(m): 3:53pm On Feb 24, 2015
pix 1 sedan/saloon
pix 2 convertible
pix 3 coupe
pix 4 Suv
pix 5 Cuv
pix 6 Mpv
pix 7 van
pix 8 Rv
pix 9 pickup/trucks

Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by lonelydora: 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
How do you classify Toyota Venza or Honda Cross-tour? Sedan or CUV
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by nurey(m): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
pickup/truck

Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by nurey(m): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
lonelydora:
i am 100% sure the venza is a cross over utility vehicle, a CUV form of toyota camry, also the Acura ZDX is a cuv and the crosstour is a twin of the ZDX so am guessing the crosstour is a CUV of the Accord if you look at the badge of the crosstour well, it is indicated as Accord Crosstour grin
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by lonelydora: 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2015
nurey:

i am 100% sure the venza is a cross over utility vehicle, a CUV form of toyota camry, also the Acura ZDX is a cuv and the crosstour is a twin of the ZDX so am guessing the crosstour is a CUV of the Accord if you look at the badge of the crosstour well, it is indicated as Accord Crosstour grin
Yes. I know Acura ZDX as CUV but was confused on Venza and Cross tour.
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
nurey:

Venza, crosstour, ZDX are station wagons IMO.
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by abatically(m): 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
lonelydora:

Tall wagons grin
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by abatically(m): 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
nurey:

Crosstour is a wagon of accord. That's what it really is. Notice they don't make accord wagons anymore. If u think a Honda accord crosstour is a cuv, then what do u call a Porsche panamera? That is definitely not s cuv
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by nurey(m): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
abatically:

Crosstour is a wagon of accord. That's what it really is. Notice they don't make accord wagons anymore. If u think a Honda accord crosstour is a cuv, then what do u call a Porsche panamera? That is definitely not s cuv

Well cuv are a bred between wagon, sedan and suv mixed together proportionately(chemistry niyen) the only accord I know has wagon is the european version, I have never seen the wagon or heard of north american accord wagon.

You must also note that a wagon is a type of sallon/sedan car. But look at the size and possibly targeteed competitors.
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by laivwire(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
I have an issue with the CUV description. If Honda CRV (say 1999) is classified as a CUV, why woill Panamera, Bmw x6, Acura ZDX play int he same segment. I doubt that o
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by abatically(m): 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2015
nurey:

Well cuv are a bred between wagon, sedan and suv mixed together proportionately(chemistry niyen) the only accord I know has wagon is the european version, I have never seen the wagon or heard of north american accord wagon.

You must also note that a wagon is a type of sallon/sedan car. But look at the size and possibly targeteed competitors.

I clearly understand u bro. The thing is the way cars are built these days, it becomes difficult to put them in a particular class. If u think the crosstour is a cuv, then u must also call a Porsche panamera a cuv because they are basically the same shape and size. Some people regard the panamera as a full size luxury SUV which could be true going by its wight and gadgets, but going by its looks some call it a wagon or cuv. Some even call it a sedan even though it has 5 doors. For me it is a Porsche 911 wagon grin
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by chucky234(m): 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
lonelydora:

Yes. I know Acura ZDX as CUV but was confused on Venza and Cross tour.
Venza is a Camry variant while Crosstour is an Accord variant, both are CUV.
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
nurey:

Crosstour and ZDX ain't twins bro, tho both has similar body styles, the platform is not same.
Re: What Kind Of Car Am I Driving by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
abatically:

Panamera is a full size CUV.. Just like Chevy Suburban is a full size SUV and a Mercedes S-Class a full size sedan. I believe they can be called Wagons too, most especially R-Class and Panamera but not Estates tho

(1) (Reply)

The 331 MPH Car Speed Record Controversy / Please Help....car Purchased In Benin Is Registered In Nigeria / Check On Engine History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.