Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life (2901 Views)

7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto / Job Loss, A Harsh Reality: 7 Things To Help Pick Up The Broken Pieces / How To Succeed As A Contract Staff In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
For the few years I have been privileged to spend on this earth, I have virtually tried non-stop to live a triumphant life, now while this is far from difficult, I noticed that there are factors that blind people and have caused them to come to good terms with failure. Even as everyone would like to be successful, not all would like to work towards it, owing to various factors that have been imbibed over the years. This article is targeted to all who have made up their minds to be successful (YOU). To be successful you must struggle to overcome these factors.

#1 – NEGATIVE CONFESSION

Look here! I am not talking about the 42 negative confessions of the goddess of truth and justice(for those who know about that issue) or being religious, the negative confession in this case is simply making wrong declarations, and negative speaking. As it is said “there is power in words”, note that. When you make negative confessions, trust me it is bound to manifest (probably one of natures’ laws or something). Now for instance, you wrote an exam and your grade got an F, then you say to yourself “I never do anything right, this happens every year, and next year would be no different, I am a failure” (sounds familiar?). Next year comes and you fail yet again. What message am I trying to convey? Declarations follow you accordingly. You don’t expect something negative and expect the best, it just isn’t possible. Strive to oppose this factor by speaking positively even when situations are overwhelming. For example you could say, “I just have to put more effort, next year would have a pleasing result”. You would be surprised with how much power positive confessions have over your life.

#2 – FEAR

I read this quote once somewhere and it motivated me; I want to share it with you with the hope that it does the same.

“Fear will do one thing and one thing only; hold you back”.

People fear failure; and as a result they fail to succeed, they fail to realize that failure is but a means to an end. You should learn how to deal with failure and fear before it deals with you. Now let me clearly underline what fear is capable of doing to you. Fear causes you to refuse change in your life; fear keeps you on mute in situations when you should express yourself; fear is a success killer. It should be noted that for you to be successful, fear ought to be eliminated from your mind, and for you to do this you should change the way you think about fear, be bold and face your fear head on with a positive attitude.

I recommend you read this article on how to deal with failure: http://buildingthelife.com/how-to-deal-with-failure/

#3 – SELF-DOUBT

Just like negative confessions and fear, doubt is another powerful success buster. Self-doubt can cause you to give up on your dreams and aspirations, and therefore is a force to be contended with if you are to succeed.

Achieving your dreams and becoming successful at one point tend to be worthy of doubt right? Well, then it is at this point that you need to employ self confidence.

Letting doubt into your life would do nothing but hold you back; making decisions becomes a problem because you keep thinking it through, setting your mind more on the path of failure than the bright side; doubting your ability to carry it out well and finally disengaging yourself from whatever it is. A successful person is not afraid and doesn’t doubt his potentials; don’t let doubt find its way into your head. Try your best to BE OPTIMISTIC.

Consider reading: how to eliminate shyness and develop self confidence via http://buildingthelife.com/how-to-eliminate-shyness-and-develop-self-confidence/

#4 – LACK AND POVERTY

Well of course lack and poverty could narrow the gate to your success in life. Work hard to suppress lack and success’ gates would be wide open.

P.S there are two basic things that would help you in your struggle to suppress this, hard work and persistency. Talking about hard work, this brings me to the next factor.

#5 – LAZINESS

From any angle you look at it, laziness is one of failures’ sponsors. Laziness is the desire to do nothing, and with that desire comes lack, and with lack of course failure is bound in life. The fruits of hard work cannot be limited. To overcome laziness you should be able to program your mind for success, and prioritize your time (I won’t be going into this).

#6 – BAD COMPANY

To succeed in life, it is paramount that you stay clear of people whose thoughts have no nexus with success. Evil communication corrupts good manners, don’t doubt that. If stud (not complete)

Read full post via http://buildingthelife.com/7-things-to-contend-with-if-you-are-to-succeed-in-life/

SOURCE: [url]buildingthelife.com[/url] smiley

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by coolxpat(m): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
Nyc one op...

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
coolxpat:
Nyc one op...
Thanks man.
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by OgenemaroKessy(m): 11:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
Nice and very inspirational.
...... Another one is Procrastination....

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
OgenemaroKessy:
Nice and very inspirational.
...... Another one is Procrastination....
Thank you bro. Procrastination is definitely another success buster. For more motivational and inspirational tips do well to visit buildingthelife.com often.
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by OgenemaroKessy(m): 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
Buildingthelife:

Thank you bro. Procrastination is definitely another success buster. For more motivational and inspirational tips do well to visit buildingthelife.com often.
Tnx. I will. Gudnite.
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by golor(m): 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
Truth is,even someone who don't care or doesn't not consider anything serious,can still succeed in a career.d bible said b4 u were born I knw thee. What some pple struggle to achieve,some get it easily.we re born with different star.Gej neva worked dis hard to b a president,it only came to pass because his destine for it.messi is nt d most hard working footballer,than Ronaldo bt he has achieve morethan Ronaldo,looking d both footballer u can easily come to d conclusion that messi is born with football,why Ronaldo is working hard for his achievement.

My moral,if God said u will b a president of Nigeria,weda u lyk work hard or not,it must surly come to pass.bt I love hard working individual dnt quote me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Vision4God: 12:12am On Feb 25, 2015
coolxpat:
Nyc one op...
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 1:06am On Feb 25, 2015
golor:
Truth is,even someone who don't care or doesn't not consider anything serious,can still succeed in a career.d bible said b4 u were born I knw thee. What some pple struggle to achieve,some get it easily.we re born with different star.Gej neva worked dis hard to b a president,it only came to pass because his destine for it.messi is nt d most hard working footballer,than Ronaldo bt he has achieve morethan Ronaldo,looking d both footballer u can easily come to d conclusion that messi is born with football,why Ronaldo is working hard for his achievement.

My moral,if God said u will b a president of Nigeria,weda u lyk work hard or not,it must surly come to pass.bt I love hard working individual dnt quote me wrong.

Bro. I get your drill, buh in dis post I was trying to kip religion out of it..dis insight Is based on natural philosophy..As A christian, definitely he/she knws wuz hands success lies..Thanks tho, for your input.
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by siegfried99(m): 2:28am On Feb 25, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2015
Lack & Poverty shouldn't be on that list because if you lack nothing and you are not poor, then you are 95% successful already. How can you let go of lack & poverty when you have not yet succeeded...

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2015
Giannakopoulos:
Lack & Poverty shouldn't be on that list because if you lack nothing and you are not poor, then you are 95% successful already. How can you let go of lack & poverty when you have not yet succeeded...
Mehn yo d holy grail for all criticsundecided
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
nice idear!

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by easy4beno(m): 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
golor:

Bro, I think you are just unnecessarily sentimental in passing your judgment and not being rational, sorry to say if you have people you are managing and this model happens to be your mgt style, u may not be principled and it will do your team no good if really this is how you think.

Lemme make it clear to you that as far as God is concerned everything he made is good, and he has good plan for very man, do not 4get that he gave man what they call free-will to now either work in that direction or not.

Mentioning Jonathan, I quite agree with you that luck is part of life and one person out of a million can just b lucky for such office but I think you will be making a big mistake by leaving out the rudiments which God works with, I'm sure if Jonathan was not educated and politically informed to a certain level he would neither have been known nor able to contest for election.

Moral of the topic is, God detests laziness and evn if his plan is to make u big and you refuse outrightly by being lazy that plan may be forfeited, rember dis same God said a lazy man does not deserve to eat.

I leave u with this - "Success in life is preparedness meets with opportunity.."

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
easy4beno:

Bro, I think you are just unnecessarily sentimental in passing your judgment and not being rational, sorry to say if you have people you are managing and this model happens to be your mgt style, u may not be principled and it will do your team no good if really this is how you think.

Lemme make it clear to you that as far as God is concerned everything he made is good, and he has good plan for very man, do not 4get that he gave man what they call free-will to now either work in that direction or not.

Mentioning Jonathan, I quite agree with you that luck is part of life and one person out of a million can just b lucky for such office but I think you will be making a big mistake by leaving out the rudiments which God works with, I'm sure if Jonathan was not educated and politically informed to a certain level he would neither have been known nor able to contest for election.

Moral of the topic is, God detests laziness and evn if his plan is to make u big and you refuse outrightly by being lazy that plan may be forfeited, rember dis same God said a lazy man does not deserve to eat.

I leave u with this - "Success in life is preparedness meets with opportunity.."

Totally well said bro. Success in life is an exclusive product of hard work. Working less while depending on God's grace to provide is just out of the context..

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
Procrastination:
This is another success buster..Putting off things we can do now till later can reduce the level of what we can achieve in Life. Whether we would like to admit it or not, we all have been victims of the invasion of procrastination at one point in our life. With miscellaneous activities such as social media chats, watching youtube videos. Checking emails and reading articles on blogs and forums which we would gladly choose over filling documents or working in the field.. Yes, with no doubt YOU have procrastinated once or twice.. Now, there are just some who are chronic procrastinators.. Success is limited when we obnubilate our tasks..I will be posting an article on my blog on Monday about this..
Note This article would be very helpful if you really want to succeed..
Stay tuned to my Blog
@ http://www.buildingthelife.com and sign up to my newsletter with your email to know when I release this post and be the first to comment..

Cheers.
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Tnycee(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
nice post... inspirational.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Aivoyin(f): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
Unfaithfulness and infidelity is another success buster. Kudos to the writer of this piece. Another thing is that the topic seven things to do to succeed, you mention six, how come?

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 7:40am On Mar 23, 2015
Aivoyin:
Unfaithfulness and infidelity is another success buster. Kudos to the writer of this piece. Another thing is that the topic seven things to do to succeed, you mention six, how come?
Yh, it's Six..I posted 6 factors. And a link where you can read the full post.
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by Buildingthelife(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Stay humble,grind nd pray...
Re: 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life by kansyn(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

How to crush boredom and create excitement / Help On How To Send Neco Result To Wes / COREN Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.