Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan (23934 Views)

Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated / Ekiti Election Rigging Tape:Fayose Finally Confessed / Nigerian Army Captain Who Leaked Ekiti Election Rigging Tape Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by dre11(m): 7:26am On Feb 25, 2015
The inability of Sagir Koli, the army Captain who recorded the Ekiti-rigging audiotape, to come forward and authenticate the tape, is the reason investigation into the matter cannot proceed, President Goodluck Jonathan has said.
Mr. Jonathan told Thisday newspaper that he inquired from the head of the Department of State Security, DSS, if the agency was investigating the matter, but was told that investigation could not proceed because Mr. Koli, who went underground after he was tipped off about the order from the army hierarchy to arrest him, has not come forward to validate the audio.
After Mr. Koli escaped, his 15-year-old brother, Ahmadu Koli, a pupil of Army Children School, who was staying with him, was arrested, tortured at a military facility in Ibadan Oyo, and detained for about five months.
“In fact, when this story came up, I asked the DG Department of State Security Service if they had investigated the matter, and he told me that they had some investigations, and then called for the person who claimed he recorded it and that he disappeared and nobody can reach him,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“There was no formal petition before them, but because of the general interest, they wanted to have him interviewed to know where this was coming from. If someone comes up with a spurious allegation that has no substance and the person disappears, of course, what do you want me to do? Definitely, anytime we get him, he’ll have to substantiate his allegations. There is a lot of false stories being circulated and it is very sad,” he added.
Mr. Jonathan admitted that he has not even listened to the tape. He tried to save face saying he originally dismissed it as a fabrication, despite admissions from key actors the meeting actually held, because the person who recorded it did so to fit a particular purpose and could have manipulated the discussion.
“I have not watched the video. I said that it was a fabrication because, you see, people now, especially with the social media; we could be here and discuss issues and somebody will hack some of our voices and create a story that never happened,” he said.
“Therefore I am not saying that a meeting in question was held or not held, but the issue of conspiring to rig, I said it was a fabrication,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/177480-why-investigation-into-ekiti-rigging-tape-is-stalemated-jonathan.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by MRLINGTON(m): 7:29am On Feb 25, 2015
Oh Mr. President stop being a liar...u're a good boy nau politics shouldn't spoil u nau

Confess nd go to heaven

Tot they said d PDP dnt lie....its been confirmed nd u're using federal power to oppress

The best way to be a beta citizen is to take everything with force

Now I can't blame d militants..everything they've done z RIGHT!

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by dre11(m): 7:33am On Feb 25, 2015
“I have not watched the video.

Is the said tape and audio or video......
Because I don't understand my president again

I said that it was a fabrication because, you see, people now, especially with the social media; we could be here and discuss issues and somebody will hack some of our voices and create a story that never happened,” he said.

When all the actors who did deny the meeting and the audio have confessed that such a meeting actually did go on and here my President is coming up with some postulation that "someone would hack our voices and create a story"........

I don't seems to understand my dear President again or has the campaign taken a toil on him

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Mynd44: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2015
So Mr president came out in front of the whole nation to give uninformed information without "due process"?

And since when did they need the guy before investigations can start? can they hear the voices? can they hear the convo? are the people involved indentifiable?

The DSS is funny sha.

This administration is a joke

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by stabillo(m): 7:38am On Feb 25, 2015
Investigation or no investigation, all I know is Fayose will win Fayemi by a landslide in any election anytime, anywhere
GEJ. TILL 2019

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 25, 2015
So Sagir Koli has to appear before they begin the investigation about the tape? Una wan kill the guy abi? Why torture his brother,a minor because his elder brother couldn't be reached?

Jonathan keeps redefining his cluelessness so his passive reaction to the leaked audio rigging tape is not a new thing to his weak and inept government.

Chibok abduction comes to mind.

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by kayzat: 7:43am On Feb 25, 2015
Damage control things from Uncle Jona but its still shalow and clueless because he should have keep his mouth shut on the matter atleast pending the time he will have time to listen to the tape.

How can he pass judgement on what he is not ready to listen to? We need a change of government in this country.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2015
Clueless President...

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by kernel504(m): 7:52am On Feb 25, 2015
Politics can be dirty... Mutiny awaits him.

6 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by moyosore27384(m): 7:52am On Feb 25, 2015
Jona u don start again u lied to dis country pple say u no get shoe but nw u r heard ur pigs n dogs voices. Why?

31 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by sunkanmivaughan: 7:52am On Feb 25, 2015
seriously? ? shocked
The DSS actually said so?
Capt. Koli's voice isn't on the tape.He is just a whistle blower. This whole thing is getting messier with this DSS angle.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by yuncka: 7:53am On Feb 25, 2015
President GoodLIE Johnathan....U have never disappointed Us when it comes to being CLUELESS...like peak milk will say...ITS IN YOU!

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 25, 2015
Dis guy is just clueless

36 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by focus7: 7:59am On Feb 25, 2015
Barcanister see your life, you hear the blunder of your hero again. They want sgt. Koli to come out so they could murder him, the man has not come out and are torturing the brother. If sgt. Koli did not come out, has the characters involve not been admitting the tape. Jonathan is an irresponsible liar.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 25, 2015
CAPTAIN KOLI SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IF HIS HANDS ARE CLEAN.BESIDESTHERE IS NOTHING IN THAT TAPE ALONE THAT CAN INVALIDATE THE RESULTS OF THAT ELECTION

7 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by januzaj(m): 8:03am On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
chukwudi44:
CAPTAIN KOLI SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IF HIS HANDS ARE CLEAN.BESIDESTHERE IS NOTHING IN THAT TAPE ALONE THAT CAN INVALIDATE THE RESULTS OF THAT ELECTION
[/s]

46 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by focus7: 8:37am On Feb 25, 2015
chukwudi44:
am amazed at how deranged you can be just because you have to defend evil.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by dre11(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2015
chukwudi44:
[s]CAPTAIN KOLI SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IF HIS HANDS ARE CLEAN.BESIDESTHERE IS NOTHING IN THAT TAPE ALONE THAT CAN INVALIDATE THE RESULTS OF THAT ELECTION[/s]

Just like you guys did this to his brother

After Mr. Koli escaped, his 15-year-old brother, Ahmadu Koli, a pupil of Army Children School, who was staying with him, was arrested, tortured at a military facility in Ibadan Oyo, and detained for about five months.

53 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by focus7: 8:48am On Feb 25, 2015
dre11:

Just like you guys did this to his brother

Jonathan wants Mr. Koli to come out so his snipers could ambush him.

43 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by mrmetoo1: 8:52am On Feb 25, 2015
This Sgt Koli has granted interviews from his unknown location numerous times. So GEJ is basically saying DSS can't authenticate by using any of these methods until his safety is assured or until he feels its safe enough to come back.

Then look at your educated PhD president that wants to use technology talking about because of social media they can hack their voices... what?!?!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Djicemob: 8:52am On Feb 25, 2015
moyosore27384:
Jona u don start again u lied to dis country pple say u no get shoe but nw u r heard ur pigs n dogs voices. Why?
Yinkz igbotako puzzy' grin

1 Like

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by dre11(m): 8:57am On Feb 25, 2015
stabillo:
[s]Investigation or no investigation, all I know is Fayose will win Fayemi by a landslide in any election anytime, anywhere
GEJ. TILL 2019[/s]

When he knows he can win it free and fair...... Why did Fayose involved the military then.
Why did he have to use the presidency might to arm twist the general

You guys can deceive yourself till eternity but we the masses aren't

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 25, 2015
“I have not watched the video. I said that it was a fabrication because, you see, people now, especially with the social media; we could be here and discuss issues and somebody will hack some of our voices and create a story that never happened,” he said.
“Therefore I am not saying that a meeting in question was held or not held, but the issue of conspiring to rig, I said it was a fabrication,” he said.

dumb clueless president

31 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Mylove55(f): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2015
Jonadunce is too Wicked,u are happy for d torture of 15yrs old boy for 5months,haba,this is wickedness in d highest order.we must vote out dis cruel jonafool.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Scream(m): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2015
Opposition is overworked...too much materials to use against the man. He keeps acting in ways his image makers cannot understand or explain. An SUG President cannot be this unwise.

19 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Burger01(m): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2015
You want the captain to come forward so you P.D.Pigs can arrest and terminate him, right?

Jonathan can lie. He is clueless as ever undecided

27 Likes

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 25, 2015
It has to be stalemated because recording is not rigging.
Ordinary recording you call it rigging.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by oliy24(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2015
mrmetoo1:
This Sgt Koli has granted interviews from his unknown location numerous times. So GEJ is basically saying DSS can't authenticate by using any of these methods until his safety is assured or until he feels its safe enough to come back.

Then look at your educated PhD president that wants to use technology talking about because of social media they can hack their voices... what?!?!

bros perfectly said. I wonder the kind forward wey this joke of a president dey promise or the technology wey him want take fight corruption. captain Koli has been interviewed twice online and the president said he can still not reach him. me understand wella, so that him go comot the brake for koli's car as he take comot Azazi own.

And this is coming after, Fayose, Omisore confirm the authenticity of the tape. abi this president no stay this country to see all those news himself, who is really ruling us, we sure say that otueke guy no be robot built by patience Jonathan.

God Please what ever the people of Nigeria has done to deserve this joke as a president, because forgive us and send him away in Jesus name and insha Allah

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan by Oildichotomy(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2015
Sometimes I feel GEJ is too liberal with the press, that could be partly attributed to the FOI.
A president always trying to explain things to the opposition tells more of the average intellect of the opposition.

They are so bitter about loosing Ekiti (a supposed SW -APC state) to PDP that their outrage has snowballed to fabrications.
Like seriously, they couldn't have won Ekiti judging from all antecedents preceding the election.

At the end of it all though, It's Nigerian politics - and it's definitely a game of PERSONAL interests

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Battle Between Awolowo, Akintola Led To 1966 Coup- Yakassai / Nigeria Deploys State-Of-The-Art Technology In Search Of Oil In North / French, Italian Police Finger Nigerian Diplomats In Organ Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.