Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Office Romance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Office Romance (1580 Views)

How To Handle Office Romance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Office Romance by gladiator12: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2015
Please i need advise on this issue, is it right for a colleague to call your spouse that special name you call him. My sis-in-law over heard my hubby's conversation with his colleague, the lady was calling him baby which is what i do call him. Please how do you think i should handle this. Thank You

2 Likes

Re: Office Romance by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 25, 2015
Op first and foremost, I don't think any woman should call another woman's husband, "baby" irrespective of the context.

You said your sister in-law overheard the conversation between your husband and the female colleague.
Did she tell you what they were actually talking about?

Op we are in Nigeria and we know how conniving people can be.
I am not insinuating anything but you shouldn't fully believe your sister in-law's words

My advice is that you shouldn't panic. Just keep a keen eye on your husband as regards this colleague of his. Do not ask your husband anything regarding this issue. Just be a bit more observant that's all

I hope I helped
Thanks and God bless

2 Likes

Re: Office Romance by gladiator12: 10:52am On Feb 25, 2015
Thanks Miss Jenny, i haven't asked him and i am feeling down about it. And also thinking maybe i should stop calling him that anymore is he does not treasure it.
Re: Office Romance by Vision4God: 11:30am On Feb 25, 2015
Wait o...u shud know his colleagues, hu & hu he works wt if u both communicate well.
(if necessary,Gv him a surprise visit @ his work place (study his time & actovities). Bring up a fictitious story almost same situation, listen carefully to his ansa & watch his reaction.

Ultimately... pray

2 Likes

Re: Office Romance by nairalandbuzz(m): 11:37am On Feb 25, 2015
In handling situations, it is best we take a good look at what some refer to as "Its Context"

This is Nigeria and as you know Nigerian ladies, they can call anyone 'baby' in the office to have their way. I have spoken to like 70% of ladies in my office in sexual manners and in no way has they termed it to be something that its not because they have known me to be that way... I call them baby and sorts of... but it has never gotten into them... neither me.

So same goes to the colleague in question... No big deal. It turns to a big deal when you see them exchanging late calls.

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by gladiator12: 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
@ nairalandbuzz, u feel its ok for ur female colleagues to call you what your wife calls you at home? Just for them to get what they want as you say and with no emotional attachment
Re: Office Romance by bellong: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
Because of hear-say you are emotionally down? You need to upgrade your heart to resist minor breakdown.

The word baby is no special word nowadays to most ladies. Just like "dear" they use it loosely for anyone and everyone and doesn't mean something is going on between them. And it also doesn't mean that something is not going on.....

Your judgement shouldn't be result of a third party gossip irrespective of the source.

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by simdam500(m): 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
I no dey believe in them say.... shocked

How are we sure the spy isn't after the breaking of your home? Smh...

He's your man, and if u feel u haven't noticed something fishy about his attitude towards u.... just relax your mind... kiss

Feel at home kiss

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by greatgod2012(f): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
@op, do you have any reason/cause to suspect your hubby?
Re: Office Romance by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
gladiator12:
@ nairalandbuzz, u feel its ok for ur female colleagues to call you what your wife calls you at home? Just for them to get what they want as you say and with no emotional attachment

Yes... With no emotional attachment from my own side... If they have anything attached to it, they are on their own cos I can never commit adultery by God's grace.
Re: Office Romance by gladiator12: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
@greatgod2012, its just that he is too secretive, and since he started putting codes on his phone i have lost a bit of trust in him. Because after our wedding we were been open, his phones were open and he jist me about his colleagues and all that. But Few months after he started looking his phones saying his phone is his privacy. I let it rest cos its always bringing up arguement
Re: Office Romance by gladiator12: 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
He was so open before we got married, and even few months after.
Re: Office Romance by greatgod2012(f): 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
gladiator12:
@greatgod2012, its just that he is too secretive, and since he started putting codes on his phone i have lost a bit of trust in him. Because after our wedding we were been open, his phones were open and he jist me about his colleagues and all that. But Few months after he started looking his phones saying his phone is his privacy. I let it rest cos its always bringing up arguement

ok, now I know the reason for believing what you're told.

However, why don't you ask him and save yourself from unnecessary worries. Communication is very essential in marriages, because sometimes worrying about hearsays is like giving yourself unnecessary stress.
May God grant you the wisdom to go about it all well.
Re: Office Romance by tpiar: 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
gladiator12:
Please i need advise on this issue, is it right for a colleague to call your spouse that special name you call him. My sis-in-law over heard my hubby's conversation with his colleague, the lady was calling him baby which is what i do call him. Please how do you think i should handle this. Thank You

call him something else and check to see if the colleague also copied that.
Re: Office Romance by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2015
bellong:

Because of hear-say you are emotionally down? You need to upgrade your heart to resist minor breakdown.

The word baby is no special word nowadays to most ladies. Just like "dear" they use it loosely for anyone and everyone and doesn't mean something is going on between them. And it also doesn't mean that something is not going on.....

Your judgement shouldn't be result of a third party gossip irrespective of the source.

This is very interesting
This explains one of the reasons why there are so many stories that touch there days
The office is one of the most dangerous places to be when it comes to tempattion
Offices and partys are the 2 places that people are most dressed up and of best behaviour
Ladies dont wear hair nets in the office and men dont wear white brown singlet with holes and boxers at the office
iyawos dont spray perfume when they are cooking in the kitchen but smell nice at work

On top of that one never knows what is in the mind of the person you are calling baby/calling you baby
maybe she/he wants to be your baby for real cool
then trouble and chasing starts

If anyone calls me baby at work, HR ma da si o!. How unprofessional.

2 Likes

Re: Office Romance by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 26, 2015
Its not right, i have never even seen or heard of it.
Re: Office Romance by Gloriagee(f): 10:23am On Feb 26, 2015
I love Chaircover, No homo. Everytime, someone calls me baby in the office, I cringe...talkless of a married sombori. Some women sha, always looking for another person's man to snatch.
Re: Office Romance by gladiator12: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks greatgod2012, and everyone for your contributions. But really Men enjoy flirting in the office with ladies while the ladies don't mind what they are doing. I don't know why.... But it hurts... Wanna be happy.
Re: Office Romance by bellong: 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
chaircover:

This is very interesting
This explains one of the reasons why there are so many stories that touch there days
The office is one of the most dangerous places to be when it comes to tempattion
Offices and partys are the 2 places that people are most dressed up and of best behaviour
Ladies dont wear hair nets in the office and men dont wear white brown singlet with holes and boxers at the office
iyawos dont spray perfume when they are cooking in the kitchen but smell nice at work

On top of that one never knows what is in the mind of the person you are calling baby/calling you baby
maybe she/he wants to be your baby for real cool
then trouble and chasing starts

If anyone calls me baby at work, HR ma da si o!. How unprofessional.

I know it is very unprofessional and never the right thing to do. However, my main message to the OP is not to always subject her decision on hearsay and third-party intrusion.. It will only cause her more damage than good.
Re: Office Romance by pickabeau1: 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
Aside

When your name is gladiator what do you expect undecided
Re: Office Romance by jayne8585yahoo(f): 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
There is no cause for alarm yet.

The person you overheard may be talking to another person.

keep calm if your hubby has not in any way given you room mistrust him.

I MUST SAY THAT IT IS UNPROFESSIONAL TO USE SUCH WORDS IN AN OFFICE IRRESPECTIVE OF WHO USED IT.

REMOVE Your Mind From It.

it's well.

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by gladiator12: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
@pickabeau1, same goes to your choice of username... My username does not affect my seeking for advise if you don't have any advise to offer please let me be. Some people sha....
Re: Office Romance by pickabeau1: 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
continue deflecting .. fighter woman

chill out and deal with the issue rather than looking for phantoms to fight

the best person to solve this issue is living beside you not anon people over d net

undecided

(1) (Reply)

Should Married Couples Talk Dirty During Sex?let's Discuss / Problems With Father And Son relationship / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.