Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage (831 Views)

Conditions For Marriage In Mountain Of Fire Ministries (pics) / The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage by Eim9(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2015
This has been a source of arguement
and really this topic has got me
thinking a lot of time. Must the
woman i want to marry be in the
same religion with me? Must we be
from the same tribal background? I
know most singles who are about to
get married get confused when they
are in this situation, where the one
you love is from a different religion
and you just don’t know how your
parents would feel about it.
Questions like;
> Will my parents give me their
blessings on the step I am about to
make?
> What will the future look like for
a husband and wife in different
religion.
> How do I cope with the traditions
I have never experienced or that I
don’t even know.
I know you reading this might be a
parent, or even single almost getting
married or even a student. I know
cases like this would be difficult to
explain or choose. Confusion sets in.
Looks like this has lots of
disadvantages to me than advantages,
but I really want to know your own
personal opinion on this topic. Let’s
everyone give his or her own opinion.
Is Marrying a woman or man from a
different religion or tribe bad? Give
reasons for your answer.

What do you think, please give your opinion.
This was culled from www.allinspirational.org
Re: Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 25, 2015
Marrying someone from the same tribe & religion aids compatibility.
Re: Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage by ajoskele(m): 10:41am On Feb 25, 2015
Yes!!
Re: Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage by tpiar: 11:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
what exactly is wrong with marrying from the same religion and/or tribe as you?

if you cant or wont, that's still no reason to disturb everyone over your choices.

this attention seeking is unnecessary.

If you marry out, stop attacking those who don't. If you marry from your own place, stop attacking those who married out.

In short, let everyone mind their own business.

1 Like

Re: Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage by DollyParton1(f): 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
Religion, yes. Tribe, not necessarily.
Re: Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage by Eim9(m): 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
tpiar:
what exactly is wrong with marrying from the same religion and/or tribe as you?

if you cant or wont, that's still no reason to disturb everyone over your choices.

this attention seeking is unnecessary.

If you marry out, stop attacking those who don't. If you marry from your own place, stop attacking those who married out.

In short, let everyone mind their own business.

Nicely said, but I am not saying this as regards myself, I just asked a question that required everyone's opinion. And it looks like most people don't see any wrong in that of tribe, but religion. If you say you can marry from another religion, and your parents do not agree, what is your next step?
Re: Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage by Eim9(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
ajoskele:
Yes!!

Why? Please state your reasons
Re: Should Religion And Tribe Be A Criteria For Marriage by ajoskele(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
Eim9:

Why? Please state your reasons
I don't have any reason(s).

(1) (Reply)

Read To Edify Your Soul / JESUS Is Alive!!! Let's Sing About It / What Is Your Opinion On This Picture About Ushers In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.