Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations (19828 Views)

Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams / Madonna University, Okija, Suspends Over 200 Students For One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by obieslim: 3:30am On Jan 22, 2009
Do they have a Law Department.
What is fundamental human rights.
I thought the age of consent is 18 abi?
Just like Sharia to Muslims, We have some christain extremist of which some are now parents.
Nigeria university commission is a lame duck organisation. Isnt it ?
Where are our lawyers and solicitors?
Can we sue CU for breach of human rights of Nigerian Students.
Lets Bankrupt this damn UNI. Serious money to be made.

Instil Discipline my a--.

HIV Test
Pregancy Test
No Mobile Phone
Pairing. and the list goes on.

My God what a hypocrisy?

My man, i feel you on that, I wonder why they have to make all these rules and regulations and make the students obey them, i think its whack man,

So what do you have in mind? I'm down and ready to sue them, lol,
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2009
@ADEOMOLE
No, we do not have a law department. And what do you mean by Christian Extremists?

CU has more money than you thin. Much more. And, if you sue, you MIGHT [/sub] get hurt.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by ADEOMOLE(m): 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2009
Now i see. No Law Department
Ignorance is a disease.
I guess it was a deliberate attempt by the managment not to have such a department.

The student will know their fundamental rights.
But you dont need a law department to know that abi?
I guess some parents are just extreme. And the poor student has got no choice.

I put the blame on the inept Nigerian government and the NUC.

Anyone from CU? What do these guys  teach you.
I strongly believe CU students can not compete in a modern and tolerant world.
Your psyche is being tampered with. You are being abused and its ongoing.
If only you can see and know better. Tell mummy and daddy i need to change my boarding school (CAMP)

I feel like arresting some people today.

With all these rules they have made breaking them very attractive. Its simple psychology.
Do you have a psychology  or Sociology Department?

Have you  heard about personality and how its developed.
Do you know you cant change a human being?
Let alone teenagers

A university is meant to prepare you for the outside world.
Nigeria for that matter.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by Ovamboland(m): 9:07am On Jan 23, 2009
Eudora:

@ posters: wow wow, now i think i can figure the problem with our country and society at large, criticism, and unwillingness 2 accept both responsible (write responsibilty) and sacrifice for what ever is yet to come, this whole argument is pointless, all i am tryn 2 say here is
SECONDARY SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY, WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU ARE WELL BUILT (comma missing) IT ISN'T ALL ABOUT THE DEGREE YOU COME OUT WITH, WE DONT CARE ABOUT OUR PAPERS BUT WHAT WE HAVE GOT UPSTAIRS THAT'S WHAT IS IMPORTANT,
IF THE SCHOOL PAIN YOU THAT BAD shocked shocked grin angry angryAND THAT MUCH, ABEG OPEN YOUR OWN, I WAZNT FORCED DOWN HERE, MY PARENTS WERENT FORCED TO PAY MY FEES, I UNDERSTAND THE RULES ARE TOO MUCH EVEN IF I COMPLAIN AT TIMES BUT YET; THEY'V GOT REASONS FOR ALL THIS.MOST DEFINITELY NOT ALL THE STUDENTS HERE ARE WELL GROOMED,THE MIND SET OF MOST PARENTS IN SENDING THEIR CHILDREN HERE IS FOR THE SKUL TO PROBABLY HELP CHANGE THE CHILDREN,TRAIN THEM, GOVERNMENT UNI. MOST DEFINATELY DONT PERSONALLY TRAIN YOU. ITZ EITHER YOU ARE INFLUENCED BY THE SOCIETY OR YOU INFLUENCE THE SOCIETY, BUT RIGHT HERE IN COVENANT UNI. I MUST SAY, IT TOTALLY ISNT THE SAME. THE SKUL BUILDS YOU,AND TEACHES U 2 CHANGE YOUR SOCIETY,INFLUENCE YOUR SOCIETY,MAKE A CHANGE , MAKE A DIFFERENCE,
WELL IN YOUR OWN WORLD I MOST SAY, YOU DONT LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE BUT FOLLOW THE CROWD, BUT HERE IN OUR WORLD I ARE THOUGHT (haba this is too much) TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH OUR OWN DIFFERENCE, SOOO, I TOTALLY BELIVE IN -NO PAIN NO GAIN,

FOR THE NETSPEAK LANGUAGE - I THINK U DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE PRESENT TOPIC BUT LUK FOR A WAY TO CRITICIZE FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE,

PROUD HEBRONITE
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Eudora, advice from a big brother: please take time to improve on your writing and speaking skills, what you posted above is not up to the standard of an undergraduate especially from Convenant University? claiming to build a total man. Sorry i can't higlight all your gufaws, the ones in bold or with comment suffice.

Your intial post is even worse, the above is a slight improvement.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2009
ADEOMOLE:

Now i see. No Law Department
Ignorance is a disease.
I guess it was a deliberate attempt by the managment not to have such a department.

The student will know their fundamental rights.
But you dont need a law department to know that abi?
I guess some parents are just extreme. And the poor student has got no choice.

I put the blame on the inept Nigerian government and the NUC.

Anyone from CU? What do these guys  teach you.
I strongly believe CU students can not compete in a modern and tolerant world.
Your psyche is being tampered with. You are being abused and its ongoing.
If only you can see and know better. Tell mummy and daddy i need to change my boarding school (CAMP)

I feel like arresting some people today.

With all these rules they have made breaking them very attractive. Its simple psychology.
Do you have a psychology  or Sociology Department?

Have you  heard about personality and how its developed.
Do you know you cant change a human being?
Let alone teenagers

A university is meant to prepare you for the outside world.
Nigeria for that matter.

Wow, that was one post. But have you ever stopped to count how many private universities in Nigeria have a Faculty of Law?

You strongly believe that CU graduates cannot compete in a modern and tolerant world. Why is that?

"Abuse" is a strong word. Very strong. You might want to think twice before using it.

Lastly, yes. There are departments of psychology and sociology.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by chinnyee(f): 11:47pm On Jan 30, 2009
ABI O, GOD SHOULD SAVE US FRUM DIS USELESS SKL, I JUST CANT WAIT TO LEAVE angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by bawomolo(m): 7:05am On Jan 31, 2009
the point of going to college is developing yourself as an INDIVIDUAL. what we have in CU is the creation of intellectual zombies. follow follow people that won't be allowed to experience diversity due to the maximum security prison they call a university.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by JJYOU: 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2009
chinnyee:

ABI O, GOD SHOULD SAVE US FRUM DIS USELESS SKL, I JUST CANT WAIT TO LEAVE angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
lawless kids i say. as you grow up you will notice that there are laws always bigger than you
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by agaba123(m): 4:06pm On Jan 31, 2009
Being that strick will only help those who want to help themselves, if not they cannot be as strick as they are in catholic seminaries and yet the seminarians still bonk girls within the gates. The guys behave like liberated he goats when they have the slightest opportunity outside the seminary.

And those who will be reasonable will be reasonable even in the national unis.

having said that however, I must admit that an atmosphere of discipline enables learning. I was in a science school where the waec results were superb from the pioneers set to 4th set. Within this period, we had a martinet as a principal and another no nonsense guy. In fact all the teachers were up and doing until the principal left.

The new principal was the owambe, money grabing and womanising type. Things have gone from bad to worse since then. Students hardly graduate without having to buy a GCE form.

Discipline effects learning a lot. But not having a cell phone in this age as a student undecided
Do they allow lappy for those who can afford it?
I know CU is meant for the children of middle to upper class who can afford the fees.
Do you even have internets in the school?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by anwo247: 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2009
1. CU shd be taken to court for violation of human right.

2. the opinion of the student there do not count. When Abacha was a dictator, any Nigerian would out of fear say that we are all fine not until his death, many rejoiced on the street., the students are not independent and dont listen to them when they say they are fine. They are under dictatorship.

3. At 18, you are an adult. Ability to rate yourself good is to be in a school where partying are done and yet you do not attend, then, you are good. I cant stand for any of their student morality because they were all forced to be good girls and boys, which many are not and I know them.

It is not a school for my child or my younger brother.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2009
@anwo247

A lot of people just go on screaming about how CU is violating human rights, yet they have nothing to back that statement up. Hello?

Most of you guys know next to nothing about CU, except that they made people do pregnancy and HIV tests sometime ago. Get me right, I'm not saying CU is or isn't violating human rights, but you should get your facts right before you spend thousands of naira on a lawyer.

Ciao!
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by switch47(m): 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ post

HIV Test
Pregancy Test
No Mobile Phone
IT IS A CRIME AGAINST GOD AND MAN TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST HIV POSITIVE PEOPLE------IT IS IN HUMAN. come to think of it the whole thing is bull shit. what are your students after school? do they hold hands or shag of courser they do!! the school is worse than THE PIT OF HELL!!
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by anwo247: 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2009
@mactao.

sorry mactao, I will like to ask how old are you? your inexperience or lack of knowledge in topical issue is glaring;

1. how do you see discrimination against HIV positive people by a christian school
2. how do you see prevention of child/ abortion that would be carried out by the students in order to remain in school?

I dated a girl who graduated from CU. they were the first set admitted into the school. She was my girl b4 and thru and after school until we had a rift and saperated. I can tell you that, those lock-up shops in that CU compound has not made any difference than increasing their desire to go out!

My wife got married to me at the end of her second semester in 300 level and delivered my son at her final year. My son will be two year this march. I could not have imagined anything happening to that guy simply because any school do not want it. That is devine and a christian school should not detect it. Her marriage was graced by her coursemates and it was somehing else,honestly. She has done her NYSC now and we have no regret. The family is on and it appeares that that was the best decision she had ever taken and she keeps telling me that, virtually on daily basis.

Maybe a wider perspective will make them change some of those policies. University is for adults and not kids per se.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by ilaugh1: 8:58pm On Feb 17, 2009
Has anyone ever done a poll or take a statistics of CU graduates to see if they actually excel after school, or if it is just a case of joining the crowd from other universities after graduation. If it is a tale of the same thing as offered in other universities, then I am not sure if the strict rules, the high fees and the high moral grounds are realy called for and necessary.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by anwo247: 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2009
for sure, they are not better off after graduation. I know a handful of them.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by ilaugh1: 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2009
Honestly speaking, if they are not better off than others after graduation, or land better jobs, or become whiz kids, or becomes preferred students or graduates, then, I dont see the justification in speind such whooping sums of money in attending the school, or, am i missing something here?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by anwo247: 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2009
you are not missing anything. Once again, they are not better.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations by martinosi: 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2010
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPPIS: Some Lecturers Got Excess Salaries, Had To Refund – Emeka Nwajiuba / JAMB 2019- Things You Should Consider When Choosing A School / Nairaland Interschool Debate Second Edition Winner::FUNAAB -Congratulations-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.