Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,373 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:23 PM

Minimum Software Requirements For One Security Turnstile - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Minimum Software Requirements For One Security Turnstile (647 Views)

PES 2017 Minimum And Recommended Requirements For PC / What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Need? / Requirements For Setting Up A CBT Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Minimum Software Requirements For One Security Turnstile by MGrainds: 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hi everybody.
What do you think about the following minimum requirements for the PC to install the software for the security turnstile?
– Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000 Prof., Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 operating system
– 1 GB RAM
– 10 GB free disk space
– Celeron 2.5 or higher
– LAN Ethernet 10 Mbps
Aren’t they too high for the majority of users?
What are reasonable PC requirements to support maintenance of the turnstile which serves only one passage way?
Re: Minimum Software Requirements For One Security Turnstile by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
MGrainds:
Hi everybody.
What do you think about the following minimum requirements for the PC to install the software for the security turnstile?
– Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000 Prof., Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 operating system
– 1 GB RAM
– 10 GB free disk space
– Celeron 2.5 or higher
– LAN Ethernet 10 Mbps
Aren’t they too high for the majority of users?
What are reasonable PC requirements to support maintenance of the turnstile which serves only one passage way?

Turnstiles are dumb devices and perform very simple operations.. does your turnstile use swipe electronic cards or people just walk through.

Take this
1: 4GB of RAM
2: LAN 10-100Mbps
3: 350GB Disk Space
4: Intel preferably Core i3 at minimum
Re: Minimum Software Requirements For One Security Turnstile by MGrainds: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2015
does your turnstile use swipe electronic cards or people just walk through

The turnstile that is going to work under this software requirements is this one. The list of mentioned requirements I found at the same web. To my opinion mentioned PC parameters are prehistoric. I doubt that one can find such machine in a modern shop. The connection speed of 10 Mbps is unbelievable for downloading Windows Updates. The process would be very slow. 1 Gb RAM is also a fairy tale because no modern machines are equipped with such cards. Usually it's 2-4 Gb RAM. 10 Gb HDD is adequate only if the user wouldn't get Windows Updates. I would advise minimum 40+ Gb for them.

(1) (Reply)

Dell Inspiron Forsale...pay On Delivery. / SOLD!!!!!Used Inverter Batteries For Sale / Throwback Photo Of A computer that was Delivered In 1957

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.