Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job (1158 Views)

Coach Siasia Quits Over "A Disrespectful System" / Harry Redknapp Shuns Nigeria's Call For Super Eagles Job / Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by robosky02(m): 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
The long drawn battle between the NFF and out of contract coach, Stephen Keshi over his future may have finally been laid to rest, as the coach has almost sealed a deal in Burkina Faso.

We can authoritatively report that Keshi, who is currently in Ouagadougu to discuss terms with the Burkinabe FA officials, is favoured to secure a two-year contract after he impressed the officials.

Keshi’s rich knowledge of African football, his achievements in Togo, Mali and Nigeria was said to have impressed the FA members, who were more disposed to given him the job over the other two candidates. Moreover, his background as an ex-player will earn the respect of the players, which would make his job easy.

Part of his brief is to develop a developmental programme for Burkina Faso, build a team for the 2017 nations cup and restore respect to their football.

Keshi held intensive discussions with the officials on Monday and Tuesday, where the terms of his contract were extensively discussed. Although the details of the deal is not yet known, it is believed to be attractive.

Meanwhile, following his imminent departure, NFF officials had begun the search for an indigenous coach that would take over the reins.

One of those being tipped for the job is Salisu Yusuf, who may be named the coach to work under the supervision of a foreign coach.

With Keshi’s exit, all his assistants and back room staff would also be asked to step aside.

The NFF is however waiting for the formal appointment of Keshi by the Burkinabes before formally naming his successor. NFF President, Pinnick Amaju is expected to have begun the search for a foreign coach during his recent trip to England

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=106370

Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
we wish him well.

we have a standard of sacking any coach who fails to qualify us for a major tournament, his predecessor suffered the same fate so his own is not a big deal after all what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

However, we may not get it right anytime soon cos the people in charge of the football house do not understand what division of labour is.

tell me why Amaju pinick will be the one visiting England to scout for players, is he the head coach or a member of the technical team or he is probably running around to earn more travel allowance.

even in the absence of keshi, cant amokachi be allowed to do the job.

an organisation without a succession plan is bound to always rise and fall like a dick
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by robosky02(m): 2:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
hello house what do you make of this development

1 for Nigerian football
2. for Keshis career
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by robosky02(m): 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
aguiyi:
we wish him well.

we have a standard of sacking any coach who fails to qualify us for a major tournament, his predecessor suffered the same fate so his own is not a big deal after all what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

ok you have spoken

your mind
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
robosky02:

ok you have spoken

your mind

oya speak your own
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by robosky02(m): 3:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
Keshi has even boasted :
"i can lead Burkina Faso to the World Cup"

Stephen Keshi has said he could lead Burkina Faso to the World Cup just as he has done with Togo and Nigeria.

Keshi is the front runner for the vacant Burkina Faso top coaching post after Belgian coach Paul Put was fired at the end of a disappointing 2015 AFCON campaign in Equatorial Guinea, where the Stallions failed to win a match two years after they reached the championship game in South Africa.
“My ambitions remain the same from one national team to another. I don’t want to have the job just to have the job but to bring a real plus,” Keshi told Sidwaya Sport of Burkina Faso.

“If I am chosen, by the grace of God, I first want to qualify Burkina Faso for the 2017 AFCON finals and why not for the next World Cup as I did with Togo.

“And then I want to do what it takes to go as far as possible in those competitions. Everything is possible.”

He added: “There is no success without vision, without hard work and without confidence. If all those things are in place, I insist that the Stallions can compete with the best in Africa.

“If I get the job, my objective is to transmit this desire of giving it all for their country, this winning culture, to follow the local players and instill a healthy competition between them like I did in Nigeria with youngsters like Sunday Mba and other locals who went on to be Africa champions in 2013.

“As head coach of Nigeria, I played the 2013 AFCON final against these Stallions and I was very pleased with them.”

However, Keshi made it clear Burkina Faso are not the only team he is considering.

“I am in contact with other national teams but for the moment, out of respect for the executives of the Burkina Association, I prefer to be quiet about that,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/i-can-lead-burkina-faso-to-world-cup-stephen-keshi/
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by robosky02(m): 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
aguiyi:

oya speak your own

my dear all we are saying let Nigeria football move on
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by Yustash001(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
Good for him....we have people that can do it better...
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by robosky02(m): 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
Yustash001:

can you suggest names to take over....
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by emperorchedda(m): 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
We are about to lose a gem of a coach
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by Vision4God: 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
Gud 4 him.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job by Samirana360(m): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
Yustash001:
Ppl lik u

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Europa League Last 32 Draw / HT/FT For Free Play Wisely / See Cheick Tiote's Final Words To His Close Friend Before His Tragic Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.