Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (315912 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
--continuation--
APRIL 17 1985
As usual, Colonel Mark was back with his family for the weekend. His wife was seated beside him on the three seater couch, her head resting on his broad sholder and a young soldier stood behind them.
"Let him excuse us." She whispered.
Mark slowly withdrew his shoulder and looked intently at his wife.
"What's the matter?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" she replied. It is no new thing in Nigeria that questions are answered with questions. Only that no one has ever tried it in exams.
"I mean, is there any problem?"
"There is no problem. Can't I ask for sometimes alone with my husband?" She asked raising her voice.
Mark's lip curled into a smile as he turned to face the soldier who kept a sraight face as if he wasn't listening to them. Their eyes locked and the next second, the young man saluted and walked away.
"You know, I was thinking we can always go into the bedroom for sometime alone, asking my personal security to leave is like putting a rifle on my neck." He said and started laughing.
Since he rose miraculously to the highly coveted position, he had become a changed man. He now break into laughs more often.
"You only asked him to excuse us which means he is still in the compound. Its not like he is out of the compound or your life even in danger." She replied and that moment, he tried to pull her closer, but she remained stiff. Guilt washing over her.
"Where are the kids?" He asked, in a bid to hide his embarrassment.
"Sisi should be preparing Eniola for sleep by now and Junior, I don't know where...." She was saying when a small boy came running into the living room.
"Daddy! Mummy! I...." He was saying when the front door opened with a bang.
The smile on Mark and his wife's faces quickly faded at once.
Mark tucked his hand deeper into the chair and brought out his revolver, but before he could do a thing with it, one of the intruders had shot him in the arm.
"Let my wife and my son go." He yelled at the men who by now were holding the Grace and her son hostage.
"What a great pleasure it would be to have a feel of what our dear Vice president expriences everyday. What a beautiful woman." The Millitary man holding Grace said running his finger along her shoulder.
"Let them go." Mark had managed to hit one of the men closest to him in the groin with his unaffected arm and this resulted into first class beating. Even though he kept fighting back, but his failing strength wouldn't let him keep on.
"Boys, search all the rooms and pack as many things as you can." The leader of the group commanded and his men went in various directions.
"And kill any living soul you see in there." He added.
"No way, my daughter is in there. Nothing must happen to her." Mark shouted, but he himself couldn't hear himseld or so he thought.
Fifteen minutes later, trunks filled with valuables were placed in front of the men who were laughing victoriously.
"Abdul, you betrayed my trust." Mark said, this time he was crying.
"I was payed to do this, nothing attached. Your wife digged the pit." Abdul, the leader of the soldiers replied.
Mark turned to face his wife with a red eye, and immediately, Grace grabbed Junior's arm and fled.
"Let her go, she already lobbied for her safety." Abdul informed one of his men who was prepared to pursue Grace and the little boy.
"Its nice serving under you boss. A new government is in place." Abdul said and spatted on a dying Mark Anthony.
"Kill me. I have nothing to live for. Where are my children? My tomorrow!" Mark cried.
"No way sir. I wasn't asked to kill you. But, don't worry, you'll die before dawn." Abdul replied and began to head towards the front door.
"One last salute to the boss." And immediately, the men turned to face Mark Anthony and saluted him in a last respect fashion.
Five minutes later, he could hear the sound of the Nigeria National anthem from afar. Even though he couldn't tell if he was hearing the sound life or in his subconscious. But since he wasn't in the barracks, he concluded the sound must be coming from heaven where he would be joining them in minutes.

NOW THE STAGE IS SET FOR WHAT THE FUTURE LOOKS LIKE.
The story proper starts this evening. Its nice to have you all here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by malonephill(m): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
I don't want to be an grateful person! More ink to your pen bro!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
Nice one bruh, i'll be waiting
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
nice story nd more ink to ya pen
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
[quote
author=Lilyomi post=31184846]Men n cheating: like da cripple n da grnd.
Adeh is my witness. Shankies I dey lie? Anyway I like da fact dat da
beginin is shortened. This issue is stl a sensitive one. Stuff46 wl kill
me if I blame his faction. Anyway onemansquad pls refill my cup. My
juice is finished[/quote] yhu no lie o! Omemansquad as a case study....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
fled with junior? Eniola nko....**.finger crossed**
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
hmm, d story's getting tough... that Grace is heartless *spits*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
Walks into d thread wit ma AK-47 hung on ma shoulda

*shoots twice in d ceiling*
Oga Dee grin grin i hail ya 9c 1 frm u bro
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
shankies215:
yhu no lie o! Omemansquad as a case study....
hey mind yasef shey i don toast u b4 ni?
Lilyomi mit tecno 2 refil ur cup
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
Boss Onemansquad.... I don Jam You 2day!!

Drop Ur Weapons Man and Refill My Cup angry
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Kusibe77(m): 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
...Thy labour of akinwumi shall not be in vain.....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
this is getting more interesting.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
[size=24pt]PART TWO

CHAPTER 1

APRIL 7 2014
This was the second bomb blast in a week in the city of Lagos. The first bomblast which occured on a sunday afternoon claimed the lives of about fifty Lagosians who were returning from church service while the second bomblast was aimed at a shopping mall and successfully, the bomb went off and right now, the number of deaths are unknown.
A young lady of about thirty two was running around from one door to another with about four men behind her.
"Hey! You'll be fine darling, just relax and let the doctors do their job." She said patting a young boy who was being stretchered away from the collapsed building.
"Excuse me ma'am." A masculine voice called her and she was forced to stop in her tracks.
"Oh! Not again." she thought.
"I am Francis Kuku, a journalist, can I have a minute of your time?"
Even though she loved answering questions thrown at her by journalist, most especially, the decisive ones, who could either add to your reputation or soil your name if not answered tactically. But in a case such as this, she couldn't even spare five seconds of her time. Then she realised she had spent more than five seconds.
"Sorry Mister, a minute of my time is very precious. Talk to any of them." She said pointing to one of the men behind her.
"Ma'am, you are not allowed into the building." A policeman said.
Christina looked at the uniformed man as if he was out of his mind.
"You kidding me right?" She said.
"Not at all ma'am. Its the order. Only the men of the Nigerian police force are allowed in there, other agencies are to devise a plan on how to stop these incessant attacks." The policeman replied and turned to open the makeshift door which was only made to stand at either side of a restriction tape wound round the building.
A young man dressed in a black fitted suit walked out through the door and came face to face with Christina who was dressed in a white shirt over a black trouser and a black shoe.
"Agent Tony, FBI." The young man said.
Christina found herself drooling over the young man who shouldn't be more than twenty eight.
"Excuse me?" Tony waved his hand in front of her face.
"Oh! The attack is becoming..." She realised she was speaking out of context and that made her look foolish.
"Incessant." Tony added and she smiled.
"Come with me." He grabbed her hand and led her into the collapsed building.
------------------------------------------
The President of the Federal republic of Nigeria walked into the Royal square conference room inside the Aso rock villa, Abuja where the vice president, the Special Adviser to the president on security, Minister of Defence, and other security chiefs including the Inspectore General of police were waiting for the Commander in Chief.
"Have your sit." The fifty year old man said as he walked accross the room to where his chair was positioned.
After the National anthem has been rendered, the men dived into the business of the day.
"How much more time do you need?" The president asked the Commissioner for security intelligence agency.
"Sir, I can not categorically tell you how long it will take us, but be rest assured that with the collective effort of the Intelligence agencies in the country, we'll bring insurgency to an end." The commissioner replied.
"Are you saying, we'll keep on hoping that one day insurgency would become a thing of the past in our beloved country? How about the economy of Lagos state that is falling every month?" The Vice president asked.
"If I may ask, what steps have you taken to reinforce your ministry?" The Special Adviser asked.
"A proposal has been submitted to the table of the minister and we are waiting for him to sign the proposal."
"What's it about?" The president asked looking from the Commissioner to the Minister.
"I have no pending proposal to sign. I have signed everything on my table and they have been forwarded to the presidency." The Minister said hastily.
"But sir...." The commissioner wanted to argue, but a wave from the president was enough for him to keep his mouth shut.
"Incompetency at its peak." The president said before turning to face the security chiefs who seemed to have better solutions.
Everyone knew it was the end of the road for the commissioner, no one dare show his/her incompetence in the presence of the president. Even his ministers dare not.
"In that case, we see what happens in the comming days."
And the men all stood up for the national anthem, after which they exchanged pleasantries.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 8:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
Onemansquad:

hey mind yasef shey i don toast u b4 ni?
Lilyomi mit tecno 2 refil ur cup
ignores him nd continue sipping my chapman..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:17am On Mar 02, 2015
I'm seriously feeling this!

Grace really _fucked up.
Now she didn't get what she actually wanted.
Her husband is. Dead.

I bliv there is more to the story at that part, that d9ty7 isn't telling.

I tot alhaji is mark's godfather.
How would he allow his godson to just be dethroned like that.
And we don't know the kind of agreement and how the agreement was sealed btw grace and alhaji.

More wisdom bro
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:21am On Mar 02, 2015
*spoiler alert*

I'm seeing a clash btw father and son!
Son haunting down dad!

Myt b wrong tho
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 7:22am On Mar 02, 2015
Lilyomi:
Men n cheating: like da cripple n da grnd. Adeh is my witness. Shankies I dey lie? Anyway I like da fact dat da beginin is shortened. This issue is stl a sensitive one. Stuff46 wl kill me if I blame his faction. Anyway onemansquad pls refill my cup. My juice is finished

cheesy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hebenz(m): 7:29am On Mar 02, 2015
women sha... acting based on emotions n nt logic... Grace bl**Ed up oo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 7:36am On Mar 02, 2015
shankies215:
ignores him nd continue sipping my chapman..
if u like gv me grinlyt i wil not toast u *tongues out*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 7:36am On Mar 02, 2015
prettydiva89:

i mean in this present days.
Happy new month

Democracy is a thing of joy but some old dictators dont want to give way for the leaders of today.

Morning and happy new Month
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 7:37am On Mar 02, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Boss Onemansquad.... I don Jam You 2day!!

Drop Ur Weapons Man and Refill My Cup angry
Drop ma weapon nd refill ur cup ? Shey i luk lyk barman oya ur hands on ur head
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 7:47am On Mar 02, 2015
Onemansquad:
Walks into d thread wit ma AK-47 hung on ma shoulda

*shoots twice in d ceiling*
Oga Dee grin grin i hail ya 9c 1 frm u bro

*kicks the gun from his hand, he groans in pain: picking up the, i throw them out throuqh the window.

No recless shootinq here

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 7:50am On Mar 02, 2015
Onemansquad:

Drop ma weapon nd refill ur cup ? Shey i luk lyk barman oya ur hands on ur head

*puts Hands on Head*

Bros No Vex Na......I still call U Bros oo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 8:07am On Mar 02, 2015
Dee, the last update did not carry date and time. It would confuse some people, i think you do the needful
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:20am On Mar 02, 2015
--continuation--
A knock sounded on the door and young boy of about twelve years old walked towards the door, unfastened the lock and yanked it opene.
"Welcome mum." He greeted as he began to walk into the house.
"How are you sweetheart?" Christina asked as she walked in and shut the door.
Her son ignored her until he had sat down on a couch where he picked up the remote and switched of the television.
One thing Christina hates to see was her son in a foul mood, the boy she had twelve years ago when she was twenty year old after a one night stand with her friend's boyfriend. She hates to remember the events of the night, the aftermath and the days building up to her delivery date. That year, she lost a sister in her friend who wouldn't listen to her explanation, she lost a friend in her friend's boyfriend who denied the paternity of the child, she lost her father who sent her out of his house to go and live with her mother. The same day she lost her future, but despite all this, she had always treated her son like a brother, like most ladies would treat every child born out of wedlock with disgust, she treated her son, Christopher like a twin brother.
"Chris, what's the problem? Did anybody annoy you at school?" She asked sitting down beside him and pulling him closer.
"Mum, who is my father?" He asked.
The same question he has been asking ever since he clocked eight years old and she hasn't been able to give a solid answer to the question. Sometimes, she told him his father left her when she was pregnant, which is half true, other times, she told him his father is dead and it ends there, but today, with the determined look on his face, she knew he won't take it lightly with her.
"Sweetheart, I have always told you...." She began but to her suprisewas cut short by her son.
"Save it mom. Quit lying. I won't fall for it. Tell me the truth." He said.
"Did you just tell me to shut up? Christopher, you dare call me a liar?" She asked.
"Mum, stop this emotional blackmail for once. You are my mother and I have lived with you since I was born, is there anything bad if I demand to know my father? I mean, my biological father, not the one in the senate that I only see on the screen, or dead one, or even the one who ran away. Mum, my father is all I ask for." This time he had stood up and was standing beside the window.
"Sweetheart look at me." She said with a shaky voice.
He feared looking at his mother's face because one thing is certain, she was crying and the moment he looked at her face, he would have to quit asking questions, at least for the night.
"Mum, I am not looking at you." He said defiantly.
When he thought he had fought the urge to look at his mother, he could hear her footstep approaching where he stood.
"Mum, who is Daniel Martins?" He asked.
Christina stopped in her tracks and looked at her son for a second. The next second, she grabbed her handbag and walked out of the living room.
------------------------------------------
"Darling, look at me." Daniel said to his wife who was sitting on the bed her back turned to him.
Slowly, a beautiful lady turned to face her husband with tears in her eyes.
"I believe we both heared what the doctor said. Your womb is damaged. How come?" He asked.
And slowly, Adeola walked out of bed and approached her husband before she went down on her knees.
"Baby, forgive me." Adeola said.
"Forgive you? Because your womb is damaged or you knew this all along, but you didn't tell me?" Daniel Martince asked.
"Yes, I know I have a damaged womb, but the love I have for you won't let me tell you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. We can always adopt a child." She cried.
Daniel didn't know if he should start crying or burst into laughter.
"You mean, you loved me and you fooled me into taking you to the alter?" He asked.
"Darling, its not like that." She replied.
"And its like how? I mean, how come your womb is damaged?" He asked, this time he was moved by her tears and he found himself hugging her tightly.
"I had an abortion." She replied and immediately, Daniel pushed her away that she hit her head on the foot of the bed.
"You had an abortion? Not for me I guess. You mean you were sleeping around while were dating?" He asked.
"Nooooo." She replied weakly.
"Remember how you reacted when your friend, Christina and I had sex? You called her all manner of degrading names. So you did worse?"
"I can explain." She tried to lift herself towards him but he moved backwards.
"Save it." With this, Daniel grabbed his car key and marched out of the room in anger.
"Nooooooooo." Adeola cried bitterly.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 02, 2015
kudos bro..
Bt the new characters doesn't make it clear.. Its nt clear.. May be u shud do d introduction of the new characters.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 8:53am On Mar 02, 2015
Hehehe Next tym I know any man in a story by D9ty7 will run wen asked to marry Grace. One night stand wif ur bestfriend's guy? Abeg is soo painful she deserved wat her friend did. However, the boyfriend n father messed up big tym. Children are not market commodities to play with. Adeola! If u knw u cnt av babies, u shd av fought for ur fiance to seek custody of da baby. Afterall u luv him
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 9:03am On Mar 02, 2015
shankies215:
yhu no lie o! Omemansquad as a case study....
yes,ooo n his friend Ruthlxx and stuff46.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2015
hayurmidey:
kudos bro..
Bt the new characters doesn't make it clear.. Its nt clear.. May be u shud do d introduction of the new characters.
Bro, don't worry about the characters, at least for now. They are new characters, but please, don't forget the ones I introduced during the Part ONE, there may be a connection.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by malonephill(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2015
Christina, women ehn!

Chritopher you're a man jawe

Daniel martins, christina & adeola interest part can't wait
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 02, 2015
D9ty7:

Bro, don't worry about the characters, at least for now. They are new characters, but please, don't forget the ones I introduced during the Part ONE, there may be a connection.
You like putting us on suspense sha.. Kk, following 90%
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 02, 2015
please don't let us beg for update..
The suspense is 3much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.