Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (316159 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2015
Rounakid:
Observinq closely... With my leg akimbo grin grin grin (dnt ask me what ah meant...)
in oda word...
#team/slay/tina/but/spare/clara grin
Mah own ears are at akimbo too grin....... #teamSaveClara..... She looks sexy to me
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Rounakid(m): 10:01am On Jul 24, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Mah own ears are at akimbo too grin....... #teamSaveClara..... She looks sexy to me
no even try to dream of that feeling... Na my crush.
You can join the #teamsaveclara buh on a clean mind, nt dat u av a feeling for her, if u dnt want what happened to Maleek of AIAC to repeats it'self on you *straiqht face* sadsadsad
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 11:02am On Jul 24, 2015
Rounakid:
no even try to dream of that feeling... Na my crush.
You can join the #teamsaveclara buh on a clean mind, nt dat u av a feeling for her, if u dnt want what happened to Maleek of AIAC to repeats it'self on you *straiqht face* sadsadsad
Niqqa, are u a learner? Go ask D9ty7 whu runs dz thread oo ..... #btw, av alwz bn in love wt clara's antecedents!!!

A lil spoiler: i tink Malik will succeed by coercing Anders into submission and rescuing Clara. Buh Tina dint die angry
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ernie98(f): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
crywhy do i get this feeling that clara would somehow escape....dis dee sef can kill person wif suspense
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
--continuation--
Even with the blood all over her body, Tina still advanced forward towards the suspect until she heard an agonising scream from a familiar voice.
"Tony. What's the matter?" She asked fearfully as she turned back to face him, dropping her weapon during the process. She led him back to her car where he made him sit on the bonnet. "I have a first aid kit in my car." She said as she steadied Tony whose left arm was bleeding.
And when no one else was suspecting, the man they came after came out of hiding once again and released sporadic shots, all of them aimed at Tina, by this time the other members of the team have either ran to take cover somewhere or they have been killed. Suddenly, her windscreen came crashing and she could feel her ear heating as if it was placed closed to a fireplace. But touching it, she could feel something burning close to her ear. From the smell, she knew what it was, the driver's seat. It happened that while she was searching for the first aid kit, the suspect had fired in her direction, the bullet which shattered her windscreen, but missed her by three inches, hitting the chair's headrest instead.
Tina looked at the man who looked lost as he hit his gun furiously, and pulling the trigger, nothing happened. Alas, he was out of bullets.
"Is anybody hearing me? The suspect is out of bullet." Tina screamed at the top of her voice, even though she doubted if anyone could hear her, because she could barely hear her own voice, thanks to the gunshots that had almost deafened her.
Tina eased herself out of the car and made for where the suspect was. The suspect on the other hand seeing that Tina was almost catching up took to his heels deeper into the bush. Breaking branches as he limped and blood dripped from the various gunshot wounds he had sustained.
Tina glanced back, hoping to see her team members, but none of them was near.
"What if this dude is leading you into the hands of the enemies?" A voice within her asked and she stopped for a moment.
A booming sound could be heard from a distance. The sound as if a bomb jusy went off. And for a moment, Tina thought of where the bomb could have been let off.
"This is a lost case." She said as she turned back and headed back to the main road. She also had a few cut all over her body, especially her face.
The raging fire was all she saw immediately she came to the footpath that connects with the main road. She knew instantly that the bomb which went off a minute ago affected the Range Rover which was now in flames. A number of her men were lying on different parts of the road, with their legs, arms and other parts of the body chopped off. About two of them were crying in pain, those ones have one of their legs and hands off their place, while the rest of the team were dead.
"Tony." Tina called out to Tony who was also lying on the floor in front of her car which wasn't affected by the blast.
"Christina James reporting, we need three ambulances as well as a complet medical squad." Tina said through her communication device.
--------
Mayor stood in the middle of the room while his three main men sat on the empty chairs surrounding the centre table.
"There is fire on the mountain." He muttered.
"A very big one." One of his men replied.
"Waiting to consume us." Another of his men replied.
"But there is always a way out of every fire. Even in the absence of water and sand." The third replied.
"We should move." Mayor announced.
The three guys raised their heads up, and understanding what he meant by 'move' they all stood up and walked into the room they share, while Mayor made for his own room.
Three minutes later, they all re-emerged and this time they all stood around the centre table, each carrying a small bag.
"Where do we go to?" One of the guys asked.
"I would have suggested the gang hideout or the warehouse in Ikorodu, but the two places is overcrowded right now cos of the new members initiated last night. I think we should go to Lekki." Mayor explained.
"What's up in Lekki. The last time I was in Lekki was when we chased the former governor's wife down. Where do we hide in Lekki?"
"And what about the other guys?"
"The other guys can stay in the hideout, but they must stay away from this apartment. And in Lekki, we will stay in my parent's house."
-----------
Mayor drove into his parent's spacious compound, and just beside his father's Mercedez Benz 190, he parked his car.
"Listen up guys, my parents are very religious. Every 9pm, they have a prayer session before going to bed, and every 6:30AM, they have morning prayers. And no smoking." Mayor explained.
"We were born christians too." They replied amidst laughter.
"Uncle Mayowa?" Chris screamed from the verandah upstairs on sighting his car, and ran towards the staircase, in a bid to greet his uncle.

--tbc--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Omololamide(f): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hmmmm o ga o. Very bloody post. Thank God Tina is alive..... Yipeeeee, every enemy wey wan take my life, may they............... Hmmmmmmm im a xtian. Wont say more.... Congrats Tina, u re the bae
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princessadeola(f): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
Trust u Dee,i know u cant kill tina like dat. Weldone and thanks for d update.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Kitme(f): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
Okay....me like the action, it was as if I was watching it, Nice description, Dee. smiley
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by adewealth027(f): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ok...........so Mayowa is Tina's brother
Abi which Chris dey shout uncle............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,dis is so getting interesting
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
Wwaaa gba yiii deeee man.
Tina , thank God u re save bt u still waste ur team mate lifes.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by malonephill(m): 9:26am On Jul 25, 2015
Please Dee the person that shot tina must kill in your next update.cheesy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2015
So much like dee. Anyway those with legs akimbo I hope precious goods grin wer not shattered during the bomb blast? N ears ruined? grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
I pray make mark reach Clara room b4 she escape...

well-done dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Shebarh:
bia oms no dey quote me ooo... u berra mind ya business here.. after all dee no even complain so why u kan dey complain.. if e dey pain u go jump insyd lagoon or go hug transformer
u dy shout 4 me undecided no let me cal skimpledawg 4 u oo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ernie98(f): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
***heaved a sigh of relief***....thank godness tina is still alive ah 4........kip up the good work dee...
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lilyomi:
So much like dee. Anyway those with legs akimbo I hope precious goods grin wer not shattered during the bomb blast? N ears ruined? grin
I go change am for u o... Dz thread will b more bloody dan dz if Clara is caught ai swear

Onemasquad, stop replying dah shorrie.... She toks too much
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lilyomi:
I go change am for u o... Dz thread will b more bloody dan dz if Clara is caught ai swear

Onemasquad, stop replying dah shorrie.... She toks too much

Oga Dee, tnx for d update n i must confess, d update looked more like a movie.... Me likey
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Skimpledawg:

ah tel u very bloody
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Onemansquad:

ah tel u very bloody
Go bring dah ya machine gun and doz bombs we borrowed from Boko boiz..... Lilyomi, pray hard

Oga D9ty7, dz is quite unlike me, buh i rily nid an update cry
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
--continuation--
Clara sat near her room window and looked at the street below.
"Only God knows the name of this area." She muttered.
She was expecting a call from either, Malik or Danny Lovato, but as it stands, no call was forthcoming and as instructed by Lovato, she should remain in her room until Malik gives her a call. Even though she had a feeling Mayor is no longer sending his man over, she still hoped he is sending a car over.
"If he can't help me for the present, he should help me for the sake of what we had." She thought.
She moved to her bed and sat on it, her head in between her knees, her mind wandered back to the past. When the going was good, before the girl became bad.
FLASHBACK
Clara woke up with a severe headache. And looking at the wall clock which was adjacent to her bed, the time was 7:15AM.
"So early." She thought as she got out of bed and went about her morning drills, humming Celin Dion's My heart will go on as she took her bath, washed her mouth among other things.
She proceeded to the living room where as expected was a mess on its own. She spent the next twenty minutes cleaning and arranging the room. The cushions were scattered all over, all thanks to 'little Chris' as he was fondly called. Even though Tina spoiled him with so many expensive toys, rather than play with them, Chris enjoyed playing with things that are not playing with. Such as removing the chair cushions and hiding them behind the tv shelf, unsrewing both working and spoilt home appliances, radios, Iron and the remote are notable mentions. Clara always enjoyed watching Tina freak out when she realised that the radio she bought a week ago has been unscrewed by little Chris, until Chris did the same to the panel of her standing fan, and for weeks, she slept in heat.
She then proceeded to Tina's room where she knew would be clean as usual, but to her suprise, it was rough to an extent that the former state the living room was in could be called clean. She bent down and started tidying the place.
"Joblessness is a killer disease." She thought.
Even though it was agreed that both herself and Tina would clean the house anytime they are chanced, it ended up that she did more cleaning than Tina, because as early as 7AM, Tina was on her way to work, and she being jobless ended up doing the chores, save for the kitchen and bathroom where Tina must have cleaned while preparing for work. Even though Tina saw what she(Clara) does everyday as a big favour considering the fact that her son was responsible for the mess, Clara believed she was paying back Tina for her kindness, afterall, it was agreed that they both pay the rent of the apartment in a 50-50 basis, but since she has no job, Tina has been paying the full rent for two years now, and also buying foodstuffs.
"I must find a job." She said aloud.
Just then, she could hear loud laughter from the entrance, and moments later, Chris ran into the house all smiles, holding a toy model plan in his left hand and a box of chocolate in his right hand. Tina walked in with a heavily built young man who looked younger than her.
"Hey Clara." Tina greeted.
"Hey Tin Tin." Clara replied. "What's the excitement about?"
"First, today is little Chris' birthday and the big one is, I found you a job." Tina gave a white envelope to an excited Clara who was hugging Christopher already.
"N.A.T.U!" She exclaimed. "Happy birthday Chris." She carried Chris.
"Congratulations girl." Tina said hugging her tightly.
"I really appreciate this. Tina. You are the best."
When the excitement had died down.
"Meet my brother, Mayowa." Tina said.
"Hello handsome." Clara greeted.
"Good morning and congrats on your new job." Mayor replied.
"Tina, please borrow me ten thousand naira." Clara said.
"What for?" Tina asked.
"I need to take everybody out to celebrate my new job and Chris brithday. I will pay you back with my first full salary. Am sure it will be more than ten thousand naira." She replied.
"Mayor here will take us out. My ten thousand naira will get you a few clothes for work. Splash some water, you stink." Tina laughed.
"I will get you."
BACK TO PRESENT
A tear dropped from Clara's eye. As she remembered the good old days.
"No, this is not the time for this." A voice said in her subconscious.
Just then, her phone vibrated. A new text message from Malik.
With shaky hands, she clicked the message icon.
Go down the hallway, there is an old sewage tank behind the door, get yourself inside. You will land inside the sewage tank underground. I am waiting.
A smile appeared on her face, and instantly she grabbed her bag and ran out of the room.

END OF CHAPTER 15

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
CHAPTER 16
Grace walked out of her apartment into the well trimmed garden she was keeping at the back of her house. There sat Rowland with his guitar and a few musical instrument she could not identify.
"There you are ma'am." He smiled.
Grace gave her usual smile as she sat with him on the rug placed on the grass.
"What's this?" She asked holding a pipe-like object.
"That's a recorder." Rowland replied.
"Recorder?" Grace asked examining the object more closely, probably looking for the buttons to press to enable the recording hole, but all she saw was holes.
"Its not that kind of recorder. Its a musical instrument." Rowland said immediately he noticed the confusion on her face. With his thumb placed below the recorder, he used his index finger in covering a hole at the the top. "Here." He said and puffed air into it. The instrument gave a "do" sound.
"When you have the eight major keys in music; do|re|mi|fa|so|la|ti|do." Rowland explained. "Then you have the falling keys in descending order; do|ti|la|so|fa|mi|re|do. The first 'do' in the descending keys is the sound I just made." He illustrated further with his hand.
"I hate music." Grace laughed.
"Music is fun. You should learn to play at least one musical instrument. At your age." Rowland replied.
"At my age? Does it guarantee me a place in God's kingdom?" She asked.
"Certainly not. But how well does it sound if your grandchildren comes visiting and you entertain them with it. You can't keep telling them about your experiences during a certain war that has been forgotten."
Grace thought for a while. "Truly, it will be a nice idea to have Mark's children all around the house with me playing an instrument to their hearing. Mark and Kimberly could listen as well. Mark never liked music back in school, Kimberly had to let go of music in her final year. I must learn an instrument." She was brought out of her reverie when Rowland spoke.
"Talk about making heaven. Do you think you can make it?" He asked.
"Why not? Am an old woman with little or no sins. I am ready for Jesus." she replied.
"Even with your ugly past?"
"What?" She asked with voice raised. "What do you mean about my past?"
"Nothing.... Absolutely nothing. Its just that there is no human without a past, and they are a major hindrance to our chances of making heaven, except we make restitution to both man and God." Rowland explained.
"My God forgives, and that's all that matters." Grace snapped.
"Man don't unless you apologize. So why not make peace with the people you have hurt, killed and destroyed."
"Can we talk about something else?" she asked.
"Yeah. Sure." Rowland smiled as he brought out a very large case. He opened it and brought out a gold cloured trumpet-like instrument.
"This is....." He drawled as he cleaned the dust off the instrument.
"Xylophone." Grace said suddenly.
"No. Its a sax. Saxophone. A very important instrument. Very expensive too." He explained. "While the trumpet makes a lot of noise, the saxophone has its output controlled. So when you need to play without keys and strings, go for a trumpet, but considering the noise it makes, go for a sax." He explained.
"What group did you belong to while in the army?" Grace asked.
"The musical band before I got enlisted." He replied.
"My ex husband used to belong to no group. He was an errand boy to the senior officers. Which aided his promotion very quickly. At thirty five, he was a colonel." Rachel explained.
"This is a flute, very similar to a recorder, just that as it sounds, flut.... hoot. It makes hooting sounds. You can describe the flute and recorder using the sax and trumpet." He continued, this time holding an instrument which looked like the recorder he held earlier, just that this was a bit longer. "This is the Oboe. Another vital instrument, but not frequently used in Africa. Ludwig Van Beethoven can tell you the magic of an Oboe when it comes to singing symphonies." He continued.
Before long, he could sense the disinterest from Grace. "So, which of these instruments should I learn?" She asked.
"I won't advice you to learn any of these cos it requires you using your mouth. Learn any of the Key instruments. The Keyboard, the piano, the grand piano. Even the Xylophone." He replied.
"What about the guitar?" She asked.
"String instrument. The guitar, the bass guitar and the likes." He replied.
"Enough of the lecture. I should go in, I have a few shoppings to do." She said rising up, while Rowland started packing his stuffs. "Will you show up for dinner?"
"It will be a pleasure." He replied.
"Okay." She hurried back into the house.
Rowland glanced at his host's house which was the next door, and glanced back at his musical instruments. There was no way he would return with these alone. Just then he saw his host's daughter, Michel. The eighteen year old girl just alighted from a car in front of the house and was heading into the house.
"Michy baby." Rowland waved.
The young lady smiled and made her way to the back of the house.
"Another musical?" she asked.
"Yeah. Just to kill boredom. But now that you are home, we can play your xbox." Rowland laughed.
"Oh! I have a lot of homeworks to do." She replied.
"I will help you with them." He said.
Her face lit up in happiness and without being told, she grabbed one of the two bags containing the instruments and walked towards the house.
"The black car. Is he your boyfriend?" Rowland asked.
"No, my friend's boyfriend." She replied.
"Just be careful." He adviced and waited for five seconds to ensure that the young lady was at least five steps ahead of her.
He brought out his phone and dialled a number with the name, Mark Anthony.
"Hello Anthony." He said in a business-like manner.
"Any news Rowland?" Anthony's voice came on.
"yeah. I tried the trick on her." He replied.
"So, what now?" Anthony asked.
"She is unrepentant about it. She doesn't care if people didn't forgive her about her past misdeeds. The one she did to you included." Rowland explained. "At least, I tried."
"Unto the next strategy." Anthony said.
"Which is getting her into the Murtala Muhammed international ariport Ikeja." Rowland replied.
"Spot on." Anthony answered with a wicked laugh.

--tbc--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Go bring dah ya machine gun and doz bombs we borrowed from Boko boiz..... Lilyomi, pray hard

Oga D9ty7, dz is quite unlike me, buh i rily nid an update cry
Skimpledawg wl u allow him kill me? Is me o... Ur best friend. grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
I gat No Bizness with that Traitor Called Grace! angry

Dee Don't Kill Clara Yet ooo!! grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lilyomi:

Skimpledawg wl u allow him kill me? Is me o... Ur best friend. grin
Heheheh.... Good u knw Clara wnt b captured.! Have u given onemansquad food so?

Tnx for d updates oga Dee.... Ai just pity Grace, d way she will be decimated and desecrated ehh
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
N clara escapes! D9ty7! No crminal caught yet!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lilyomi:
N clara escapes! D9ty7! No crminal caught yet!
it's too early mehn
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
--continuation--
Chichi sat in her brother's living room all dressed, two travelling bags stood beside the centre table.
"Maybe if I can spend a day or two in Enugu, Clara will forget about me." She thought. "Oh Abayomi. I loved you and I still do. I never meant for it to happen. It wasn't intentional."
Instantly, a strange feeling engulfed her, starting with a cold air which blew right through the pores on her skin, and seconds later, she couldn't move. An invinsible rope has been tied all over her, rendering her immobile and before she knew it, a strong hand was dragging her around the living room.
"Aba.... Abay....o....yomi." She stammered as she spoke incoherently.
"Chichi, is anything the matter?" Adeola's voice could be heard from a distance and that did the trick. She returned back to her normal self.
"Ade... You are set?" She asked with a smile, even though she was still shaken.
"Yes I am." Adeola replied with a straightface.
"I'm all set too, so lets bounce." Chichi laughed as she lifted the two bags.
"Chichi." Adeola called.
Now at the door, she dropped the bags and turned to face her brother's wife.
"Are you okay?" Adeola asked with concern written all over her face.
"Of course. Do I look like I am not?" Chichi replied with voice raised.
"Sorry." Adeola apologized.
Chichi walked out of the house with her bags. "Maybe she is possessed. Yuck!" Adeola shook her head irritatedly.
"The booth is locked." Chichi called from where she stood at the back of the yellow Honda Element.
"Put them in the backseat." Adeola replied.
Five minutes later, Adeola was driving towards the Ikeja airport. The angry scowl on Chichi's face has long disappeared, and she seemed to love her new countenance.
"You will miss me, won't you?" Chichi asked.
"Am missing you already." Adeola laughed.
"Ehya! Its just for a few days. Just to clear my head. And before you know it, the girl is back." She replied.
"So, will all my plans.....our plans wait for a few days when you yourself is aware of how dangerous delay can be. I mean, Chichi, you brought these ideas and just when we are about to lay our hands on the gold, you disappeared." Adeola poured out.
Silence enveloped the insides of the car.
"Turn back." Chichi .
"what?"
"Let's go back home and finish what we started." Chichi said.
Adeola gave a hearty laugh. "No, I never meant it that way. You go on with your trip, I can handle it."
"Are you sure?" Chichi asked.
"Of course. I will do just fine."
The journey continued in silence until Adeola ran into a big pot hole, and even though the car was an SUV, the impact of running into the pothole could be felt.
"Easy now." Chichi cautioned. "Other drivers are plying the right, avoiding the pothole. You just went ahead into it."
"Coming from someone who is afraid of learning to drive." Adeola laughed mockingly.
Chichi feigned an angry look. "Abeg no give me that look." Adeola said hitting her on the shoulder.
"And that reminds me. You said you have paid some guys to eliminate Daniel's lovechild. Its over a month now, any news?" Chichi said.
"They keep saying they will do it. When they will is what I don't know." Adeola replied. "Let me call them, so you can hear them." She brought out her phone and scrolled through her contacts.
She placed the phone on her laps and activated the speaker phone.
"Hello." a thick Yoruba laced accent came on.
"Hello... Good afternoon, am I speaking with Mayor?" Adeola asked.
"No. But I can speak for Mayor. Who is this?"
"Mrs Adeola Martin." She replied.
"Oh! Madam. We are still on your job o. In fact, as I speak to you, we are in the same house with the boy. All we have to do is play some quick tricks and we will kidnap him as you requested."
"That'll be great. I will call you later then." Adeola smiled.
"Thank you for calling."
Adeola ended the call and faced Chichi.
"Do you believe him?" Chichi asked.
"No." Adeola replied.
"Let me ask, did you meet Mayor on your first and second visit? Have you ever spoken to him on phone?"
"No. I kept seeing and speaking to his men. They are not fake, are they?" Adeola replied.
"We can't say yet."
---------
Tina woke up to see her forehead plastered, as well as other parts of her body. She looked to the left and right, but all she saw were white walls and hospital beds.
"What am I doing here?" She scrambled up immediately, but fell to the ground as a result of the body pains she was experiencing.
"Ah! Agent Tina, you are up? Thank God." Anders said as he entered.
"Anders right?" Tina asked to be sure.
"Yes ma'am." He nodded.
"What am I doing here?" Tina asked.
Just then Mark marched into the ward angrily.
"Where is that fool?" He screamed.
--tbc--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
--continuation--
Just that moment, Akin choosed to enter the ward.
"You, where have you been?" Mark asked taking a step towards him.
"I went to check on agent Tony and other guys." He replied.
Mark glanced at Tina who was being held by Anders.
"Move away from her." He said in a whisper, even though the anger with which he spoke was evident.
Instantly, Anders moved away in horror, while Tina looked at the three men with confusion written all over her face.
"Akin or whatever your name is. I considered you a fast rising Agent who could handle pressure, I asked you to handle a team, block a particular exit, ensure that a suspect doesn't escape. Now, you in your foolishness two minutes later handed over to Anders who is known for what? Nothing. But because you are interested in his elder sister Belinda, you think currying favour from him puts you in his good book, thereby allowing a suspect escape and putting the lives of millions at risk." Mark poured out angrily.
"Huh?" Akin went numb. "How the hell did he know about Belinda?" He asked himself.
"And you Anders, its your first time controlling a team. You recieved a call from a certain Malik, but out of curiosity of how it feels to control a group of men, you neither confirmed the source of the call or the reason for the call. Malik called to say there were disturbances at the front gat which is just how many steps from the back? You couldn't send one of your men to go and confirm, but instead you took all of your men to confirm. Now, you all made me look like a fool, like I don't know what I am doing. I came all the way from America to work with experts in Nigeria and not with bunch of inexperienced boys like you. My cv keeps getting stained everyday."
"Take it easy." Tina advised.
"Don't you tell me to take it easy. You have no right to tell me to take it easy. If you as an experienced security expert could be lured out of her comfort and defensive zone into a deserted area, you then called for backup without detailing the situation for the backup. The backup on the other hand was led by a stupid investigator who couldn't differentiate between the sound of a gunshot and a firework." Mark screamed.
"Transfer of aggression. You have issues with Akin, you are shouting at me. Cos the last time I checked, you called the backup, I didn't. In fact, I didn't get to speak with the backup until they were at the scene." Tina said calmly.
"I have issues with everybody. You, Collins, Tony, the president of this damned country, the American high commissioner to Nigeria, the defence minister to America, my boss at the CIA, the defence ministers in Nigeria... This is nonsense. I'd be damned to continue this adventure. I quit." His anger was rising to an extent that, he was tempted to hit Tina.
He walked out of the ward, and Tina limped after him.
"Americanah don kolo." Anders laughed when he was sure that both Tina and Mark are out of earshot.
"Keep quiet you fool. You are at the risk of loosing your job and spending some days in lockup and you are making jokes." Akin hit the junior officer on his shoulder.
"What about you?" Anders asked.
"I am guilty of what Mark is guilty of. He delegated the team to me, I delegated the team to you. And Mark is untouchable, so am I." Akin replied as he sat on one of the empty beds in the ward.
"Mark.... Mark.... Please wait." Tina called as she limped after a visibly enraged Mark.
"What?" He finally stopped.
"You can't go. Remember you joined the CIA not because America needs you, but because the whole world does. Your chances of being recognized all over the world is slim if you are in America, but stopping terrorism in Nigeria, the giant of Africa, you automatically become an African hero." Tina pleaded. "Please, we need you. I need you. Your presence is a morale boost."
Mark could feel the words entering his head and sinking into his memory, thereby calming his nerves, but few seconds later, he could hear nothing anymore.
"Mark are you here at all." Tina asked when she noticed his lost look.
"Kimberly." He muttered.
"Your wife."
"She is here. I can hear her voice." He replied.
"What do you mean?" Tina asked.
"Kimberly is here. Tony is here too. Jeez! It had better not be what I am thinking." He said and ran down the hallway.
"He needs medical help. All of a sudden, he started acting strange." She thought.

--tbc--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
Babe tracking mode
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by yemiisaac: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
Obeserving keenly!!!!!!!thanks oga dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2015
*bunch of unintelligent security agents* dy jst frustrating dis youn4 man's effost * tank God am not mark i would av taught u pple sum lesson *jail dem all including tina
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Coolboi05(m): 9:33am On Jul 27, 2015
9ice update dia...

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128