Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) (30174 Views)

How Can I Get To FUNAAB, Abeokuta From Osun State? / Geophysical Exploration Tour: Suggestive Solution To FUNAAB Security Crisis / Happy Matriculation To FUNAAB Freshers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by lawsarma: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Tucked in a conserved forest some 200 meters away from the main gate of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta is the FUNAAB Zoo Park.

Save for its imposing and massive gate at the entrance, upon which the name of the park was etched, a first time visitor might just walk or drive on without giving it any special attention.

However, the FUNAAB Zoo Park is a rich conservation area for many species of animals and plants.

Apart from serving as a resource for research for those students who offer courses in Forestry, Zoology, veterinary and botanical fields, the park also serves the general public as leisure garden to appreciate nature and see different animals in their natural habitat.

A visit to the zoological garden by our correspondent serves as an eye opener of some sort.

The various segments in the park are well designated and there are directional signs to guide the visitors as to where they are headed while inside the park, which sits on 62 hectares of land.

There are sections for birds, reptiles, and other animals like monkeys, baboons, jackals, hyenas and antelopes among others.

With a tour guide at the request of a visitor, the FUNAAB Zoo Park, offers a balanced mix of nature's gift to man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Kayswat(m): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
couldn't believe my eyes when I made FTC on this prestigious platform more so on a thread about the great funaab. My gratitude goes thus;
Almighty God for making this possible
Maami for bringing me into this world
Glo for the free MB I'm using
The Amazing OP
Every scintillating funaabite
Nairaland as a whole

more pikshure

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by lirusehn(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
don'tquoteme:

Obj wud be the ist in the cage. APEs'FAMILY undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by DahtzFestjayz: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
Where is the Picture?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by DonTeamie(m): 5:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
undecided

Where are the Animals huh

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by lawsarma: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
research shows that funaab zoo has the largest land mass out of all zoo in Nigeria

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by hahn(m): 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
PDP and APC politicians deserve to be in a place like this

25 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by hatux: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
More pictures....
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by DBlackCeazer(m): 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
is that a kangaroo?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by dmjinc(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
Might go there soon tongue
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by gurunlocker: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
make I build room here
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
Omo this Zoo don upgrade oo. The last time I visited with my aunt, na so so bleating goats i dey see around cry
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by siraj1402(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
Why are we complaining about our roads?Even the area where Jonathan is a PhD in managing has not receive proper attention let alone human being.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by xmich(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
cool
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Wuuworld(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
I wonder why Buhari was taken to london for treatment,whereas Jonathan read Zoology because of people like him....If not because of political war,APC would have admit Buhari in this Zoo and plead on Jonathan to take medical care of him....GEJ till 2019

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Maczeelly(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
Ok
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Sijo01(f): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
Na so the pictures reach?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by toluleke(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
Are this part of the zoo animals

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by bighead1(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
COOL THOUGH
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Kenai: 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
My goodness.
You really do not need anyone to tell you the baboon is going through hell.
Even as the poor soul hangs on to the anti-burglary frame on the window with the "GET ME THE F0CK OUTTA HERE" expression on its face, you go know say hunger don pieces the poor ape.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Muhammadkhan: 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Arlex(m): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
K
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Olutola88(m): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
FUNAAB be copying UNILORIN SINCE 3000BC
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by garlicrey(m): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
nice never knew the had a zoo
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Muhammadkhan: 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
Sai buhari

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by takenadoh: 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
I have to comment cos I know what the haters will say.

Anyway
#SurepGISPayyourinterns
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by kilokeys(m): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
zoos arent fun for me

same as prisons

same treatment esp. in naija

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by loomer: 8:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
So person go open mouth call this one zoo

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics / 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme / Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.