Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) (30205 Views)

How Can I Get To FUNAAB, Abeokuta From Osun State? / Geophysical Exploration Tour: Suggestive Solution To FUNAAB Security Crisis / Happy Matriculation To FUNAAB Freshers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by khassy(m): 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
lawsarma:
Tucked in a conserved forest some 200 meters away from the main gate of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta is the FUNAAB Zoo Park.

Save for its imposing and massive gate at the entrance, upon which the name of the park was etched, a first time visitor might just walk or drive on without giving it any special attention.

However, the FUNAAB Zoo Park is a rich conservation area for many species of animals and plants.

Apart from serving as a resource for research for those students who offer courses in Forestry, Zoology, veterinary and botanical fields, the park also serves the general public as leisure garden to appreciate nature and see different animals in their natural habitat.

A visit to the zoological garden by our correspondent serves as an eye opener of some sort.

The various segments in the park are well designated and there are directional signs to guide the visitors as to where they are headed while inside the park, which sits on 62 hectares of land.

There are sections for birds, reptiles, and other animals like monkeys, baboons, jackals, hyenas and antelopes among others.

With a tour guide at the request of a visitor, the FUNAAB Zoo Park, offers a balanced mix of nature's gift to man.
biggest zoo and no Lion,ostrich , crocodile, elephant , giraffe , camel self no d na only this yeye animals wey we dn see taya.. na wa ooo
OP abeg e b like say yhur weed get seed inside..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by kodded(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
tola9ja:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided

correct me
smh undecided undecided
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by pamcode(m): 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
soe:
where do you live
ibadan any questions
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by loomer: 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
soe:
mumu if person no open mouth, how him wan take call any name?
U no get sense o..

U wey get sense, na person like u GO open mouth call am zoo
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by eaglechild: 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
These are the most depressing zoo pictures i have ever seen.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by kilokeys(m): 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
soe:
u feel the pain of the animals...i can imagine what you were in your previous life. Baboon
u must be a smart monkey o..
seeing ur zoo on NL makes u happy shey?

and i didnt know GEJ has approved internet use in ur cage.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
kilokeys:
u must be a smart monkey o..
seeing ur zoo on NL makes u happy shey?

and i didnt know GEJ has approved internet use in ur cage.
now that you know, will you like to cross over from your unilorin zoo to ours? Or have the other apes broken your legs?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by ray2Dmond(m): 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
abeg una no get lions for the zoo?

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
loomer:

U wey get sense, na person like u GO open mouth call am zoo
as u call am now, shey you no open mouth?

Nooo..i just dey ask...shey u know open mouth?

I know say you no dey open brain but na mouth we dey talk
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
pamcode:
ibadan any questions
nice..same here...do you wanna visit the agodi gardens with me?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by juniormusa(m): 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
hahn:
PDP and APC politicians deserve to be in a place like this
Be specific apc or pdp?
If it's PDP then ur crazy!
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Ademat7(m): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
takenadoh:
I have to comment cos I know what the haters will say.

Anyway
#SurepGISPayyourinterns
did u train on GIS?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by BlueMagic2(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
Just like everything Nigeria. pathetic. Wait till i upload my trip to a Tiger Reserve
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by hahn(m): 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
juniormusa:

Be specific apc or pdp?
If it's PDP then ur crazy!

Unless you are running for a particular post then your insult is baseless. If you're a youth like I am then you should know that its actually us(the youths) against them(thieving politicians, pdp and apc).

Now, run along and use your free mb to enlighten yourself. Your ignorance stinks more than skunk's fart
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by cheddahboy(m): 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
toluleke:
Are this part of the zoo animals

damn!!!!!! lmaaaaaaaaooooo!!

wickid.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Immarshall: 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
Wuuworld:
I wonder why Buhari was taken to london for treatment,whereas Jonathan read Zoology because of people like him....If not because of political war,APC would have admit Buhari in this Zoo and plead on Jonathan to take medical care of him....GEJ till 2019
Are you always this Dumb?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Onegai(f): 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
They should transfer this animals to Lekki Conservation Centre. The animals there are free (that poor tortoise that Nigerians will go and be sitting on, to take pictures angry ) and those cheeky adorable monkeys who will sit down and talk to you about giving them food grin

I'm not making the last part up, the monkeys are hilarious.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by ghostofsparta(m): 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
One of these interesting topics might fancy your interest

To understand how a child begotten through the mating of a husband and wife still manages to capture the resemblance of an outsider, click PARANORMAL or SCIENCE:MATERNAL IMPRINTING where a rational possibility is examined, following up on Nelly's 99.3 Nigeria Info Friday radio talk show 'Paranormal or Science'

Apart from religious reasons why do Nigerians pretend so much about sex, click Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? following up on MzMyColi poser on the burning question.

To get some clarity on the confusion as to why the deistic force of retribution and justice known as ṢANGÓ is generally misunderstood, click ṢANGÓ-ONE OF THE 401 MISPERCEIVED ÍRUNMO̩LẸ to read on how the misperception is rationalized.

To read about the new Intel's low-energy Core M processor, click PROCESSOR OF CONFUSION to read on how this relatively new chip oppresses some of its predecessors.

Who is to blame immediately a budding relationship start heading south? Find out by clicking THE RELATIONSHIP BLAME GAME: THE ABUSE, THE ABUSED & THE ABUSER to see if you agree or not with the arguments.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by juniormusa(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
hahn:

Unless you are running for a particular post then your insult is baseless. If you're a youth like I am then you should know that its actually us(the youths) against them(thieving politicians, pdp and apc).

Now, run along and use your free mb to enlighten yourself. Your ignorance stinks more than skunk's fart
Is only a fool that has no direction which is someone like you..it's either ur supporting apc or pdp...i can't chat with a daft lyk yu..don't ever quote me again!
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Edigrows: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
That Baboon tho, is it In a prison
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Edigrows: 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kenai:
My goodness.
You really do not need anyone to tell you the baboon is going through hell.
Even as the poor soul hangs on to the anti-burglary frame on the window with the "GET ME THE F0CK OUTTA HERE" expression on its face, you go know say hunger don pieces the poor ape.

Laff wan tear my belle
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by MansaMoussa: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
By God, Why should we put Wild Animals in CAGES for Public Display in this Century?

God that created them Free isn't a Fool na!

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Aspireahead(m): 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
lawsarma:
Tucked in a conserved forest some 200 meters away from the main gate of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta is the FUNAAB Zoo Park.

Save for its imposing and massive gate at the entrance, upon which the name of the park was etched, a first time visitor might just walk or drive on without giving it any special attention.

However, the FUNAAB Zoo Park is a rich conservation area for many species of animals and plants.

Apart from serving as a resource for research for those students who offer courses in Forestry, Zoology, veterinary and botanical fields, the park also serves the general public as leisure garden to appreciate nature and see different animals in their natural habitat.

A visit to the zoological garden by our correspondent serves as an eye opener of some sort.

The various segments in the park are well designated and there are directional signs to guide the visitors as to where they are headed while inside the park, which sits on 62 hectares of land.

There are sections for birds, reptiles, and other animals like monkeys, baboons, jackals, hyenas and antelopes among others.

With a tour guide at the request of a visitor, the FUNAAB Zoo Park, offers a balanced mix of nature's gift to man.

please do permit me to use this on my blog. Your name will be used if provided.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by giantstrides(m): 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kenai:
My goodness.
You really do not need anyone to tell you the baboon is going through hell.
Even as the poor soul hangs on to the anti-burglary frame on the window with the "GET ME THE F0CK OUTTA HERE" expression on its face, you go know say hunger don pieces the poor ape.

Lol, the house be like face me I face you.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by kuuljay(m): 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
loomer:
So person go open mouth call this one zoo
I tire ooo,i see crock inside coolbucket

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by dozzy001(m): 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hello,

I am proud to be a product of the school..I can boldly beat my chest that this is not the full list of animals we have in the school, am sure the visitor didn't visit the carnivore section and moreover, am sure we have the best administrative building in the country..

Long Liver Funaab Park,
Long Live Federal University of Agriculture,
Long Live Ogun,
Long live Nigeria
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
This is supposed to be zoo? grin
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
Where are the rest of the animals?

These animals in these pictures look depressed and hungry.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by lanreajax(m): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
Rubbish. This place is a dump
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by adedayourt(m): 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
Op ursef sitting on d back of a lion or adonbilivit
Re: A Nairalander Trip To FUNAAB Zoo(pics) by loomer: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
soe:
as u call am now, shey you no open mouth?

Nooo..i just dey ask...shey u know open mouth?

I know say you no dey open brain but na mouth we dey talk

I know ur problem, na naija frustration de worry u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University,ago Iwoye Post Ume / Update On Lydia Lawal: The Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja. / Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.