Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg (26331 Views)

Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / Nigerian Cenbank Sells $100m As Naira Pulls Back From Record Low - Bloomberg / Nigeria One Of The Fastest Growing Economy Globally – US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

GROWING ON PAPER AND ON AUNTY NGOZI'S iPad WHILE 90 PERCENT OF NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO SHOUT GEJ TILL 2019 LIVES IN ABJECT POVERTY undecided

Sai Buhari cool

Abi o. A country that's only growing on paper.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by tammie24: 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

GROWING ON PAPER AND ON AUNTY NGOZI'S iPad WHILE 90 PERCENT OF NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO SHOUT GEJ TILL 2019 LIVES IN ABJECT POVERTY undecided

Sai Buhari cool
Speak for yourself
YOU are living in abject poverty when u are too lazy to find something doing!
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 9jamustchange: 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
There are lies and statistics.
They are only deceiving themselves!
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 989900: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
dumodust:

bro stop arguing, he's right... the currency had to be devalued in view of current strains from oil price slump. Its a worldwide phenomenon and on percentage devaluation basis, its even worse in countries like venezuela, russia etc... everybody's swearing for saudi arabia.
Currency exchange is based on demand and supply for a particular currency, exporting more than importing (where u nid to buy dollars) creates a better exchange. Our country and economy is oil driven. Its certainly time to diversify

“Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive."

Time is money, I ain't got some to waste today. At your leisure, read the thread below, and the comments.

https://www.nairaland.com/2171815/danger-come-naira-devaluation

P.S. Russia, Iran, Venezuela, are under sanctions and other economic/political constraints. You know you have a problem, when your currency is competing with war torn Ukraine's Hryvnia and Zambia's Kwacha, for worst performing currency. What happened to looking up to the good examples?
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Acidosis(m): 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bad news for Tinubu, Buhari, Osinbajo, Abike Dabiri, Fashola, TVC, and APC.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Acidosis(m): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
Vanellope:

Abi o. A country that's only growing on paper.
stay there okay; while others are succeeding
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by politicalpastor: 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
no doubt but what is the impact in the life of a common Nigerian citizen?
until a it has positive impact in the life of a common, Nigeria will remain a failed state.

omazus:
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
9jamustchange:
There are lies and statistics.
They are only deceiving themselves!

No it is very true.

The issue is that the benefits are retained at the top and the vast majority of Nigerians get only the few crumbs that fall from the tables of the oga's
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by killuminati(m): 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
mezebel:
and ur mama is what?
I go hold yuh for ABJ
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by jdbrasco(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
In APC voice "GEJ don go bribe Bloomberg, u go see am for nations newspaper tomrw say na bribe GEJ bribe dem to rank Nija high" Lol. GEJ! Fwrd ever

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mikron(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
ghana no dey there tongue
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mikron(m): 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
ghana no dey there. tongue
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mikron(m): 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
ghana no dey there tongue
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by dumodust(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
989900:

“Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive."

Time is money, I ain't got some to waste today. At your leisure, read the thread below, and the comments.

https://www.nairaland.com/2171815/danger-come-naira-devaluation

P.S. Russia, Iran, Venezuela, are under sanctions and other economic/political constraints. You know you have a problem, when your currency is competing with war torn Ukraine's Hryvnia and Zambia's Kwacha, for worst performing currency. What happened to looking up to the good examples?
Russia (A SUPER POWER) was doing fine before this oil slump engineered by saudi arabia to there own benefit... they are using it to fight shale oil boom, their arch rivals iran, isis (revenue from oil exports) etc in one move while U.S, an ally, benefits because their russian cold war peeps are in trouble... other oil exporting nations are collateral damage while others are enjoying cheap gasoline prices (including U.S too grin, though oil jobs are affected)...
yes, we are hard hit because we are vulnerable and like I said, its because our economy is entirely based on oil exports and is dollar based...
what other reason do you think is responsible?
japanese yen used to be devalued in the past for various reasons which included to aid exports by local businesses like sony etc...and they are one of the world super economies.
I dont like this devaluation, its a strain on everybody but the reasons are outside politics and even if apc were incharge, they cant stop it... simple
The answer is to either diversify or pray that our saudi peeps stop flooding the market
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
tammie24:

Speak for yourself
YOU are living in abject poverty when u are too lazy to find something doing!

Hahaha. I am fighting for your hopeless type. As for me, i have enough to feed the needy
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
dumodust:

Russia (A SUPER POWER) was doing fine before this oil slump engineered by saudi arabia to there own benefit... they are using it to fight shale oil boom, their arch rivals iran, isis (revenue from oil exports) etc in one move while U.S, an ally, benefits because their russian cold war peeps are in trouble... other oil exporting nations are collateral damage while others are enjoying cheap gasoline prices (including U.S too grin, though oil jobs are affected)...
yes, we are hard hit because we are vulnerable and like I said, its because our economy is entirely based on oil exports and is dollar based...
what other reason do you think is responsible?
japanese yen used to be devalued in the past for various reasons which included to aid exports by local businesses like sony etc...and they are one of the world super economies.
I dont like this devaluation, its a strain on everybody but the reasons are outside politics and even if apc were incharge, they cant stop it... simple
The answer is to either diversify or pray that our saudi peeps stop flooding the market

I have some scepticism about your initial comments BUT your final conclusions AND particularly the last one is VERY relevant!

I especially agree with diversification. Being totally dependent on ANYTHING is always a bad idea. Nigeria became dependent on oil (it was understandable but that not mean it was either correct or wise) and now that there is an issue with the price of oil (for whatever reason - and I don't go for conspiracy theories etc) Nigeria must face the problem.

Diversify and you limit your exposure to bad times! Nigeria used to be more productive agriculturally (Largest exported of groundnuts in the WORLD at one time - no longer - sadly).

Oil is NOT the only resource Nigeria has and it is vital that the economy diversify. Diversification will also have the added benefit of spreading economic benefit wider and deeper into society instead of concentrating it in the hand of a few oga's.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by tammie24: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:

Hahaha. I am fighting for your hopeless type. As for me, i have enough to feed the needy
But you just said you are living in abject poverty and waiting for Jonathan to spoon feed you na
Ode!
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Bifwoli: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
100Cents:

This is actually a projection by Blomberg.

The actual growth data is taken at the end of the fiscal year. So we may even come out 2nd if we play well like (arsenal)..

Technically speaking,nigeria is not even #6 in the economic growth league bcoz other faster growing nations like DRC,Sierra Leone,Chad,gambia and Equatorial Guinea + few others are growing even faster.Nigeria is just #6 of the "selected economies" examined by Bloomberg economists.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 100Cents: 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bifwoli:

Technically speaking,nigeria is not even #6 in the economic growth league bcoz other faster growing nations like DRC,Sierra Leone,Chad,gambia and Equatorial Guinea + few others are growing even faster.Nigeria is just #6 of the "selected economies" examined by Bloomberg economists.

Should Blomberg waste their time on countries with populations less than Lagos state ?

Eg. Ghana. What is the economic importance of a country the size of Ghana to Africa and the world ? Very little..
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mfm04622: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
PDP is happy because they need all the good news they can get. I will to remind them that this is a FORECAST! There is no way we can grow by that much with low oil price.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mezebel(f): 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
[quote author=killuminati post=31199401]I go hold yuh for ABJ[/quote where in abuja will u hold me. Am no longer in abuja ]
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by killuminati(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
mezebel:
where in abuja will u hold me.
Am no longer in abuja
grin

You think I don't know where you at? He he he, watch ur back o
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by iamord(m): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
100Cents:

Should Blomberg waste their time on countries with populations less than Lagos state ?

Eg. Ghana. What is the economic importance of a country the size of Ghana to Africa and the world ? Very little..
you are dumb! Very!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 100Cents: 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
iamord:
My father is dumb! Very!!!

Your father just got your message..

Very !!!
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by iamord(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
100Cents:

Your father just got your message..

Very !!!
you should read more about Africa to gain wider understanding. Cos like I said. You are dumb. And know little or nothing. What makes you dumb is the fact that you just concluded and brought up your lame points. A smart person won't do that

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by dejey: 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
Nigerians are not been realistic, lets wake up to the reality on ground
1we still don't have a stable power suppply how do you think our economy will grow
when a small business owner can.t afford to buy fuel to run their business even those
that can afford it will definitely increase their service charge. insecurity in the land
go to the north-east and see the extent of damage bokoharam has done to that part of
Nigeria, businesses has been destroyed, houses has been burnt and the say our economy
is fast growing, i believe it is only growing on paper not reflecting in the life's of Nigeria.
Before any economy can grow there must be stable power supply to power the economy
without that all this growing issue is a lie. please wake up nigerians
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
dejey:
Nigerians are not been realistic, lets wake up to the reality on ground
1we still don't have a stable power suppply how do you think our economy will grow
when a small business owner can.t afford to buy fuel to run their business even those
that can afford it will definitely increase their service charge. insecurity in the land
go to the north-east and see the extent of damage bokoharam has done to that part of
Nigeria, businesses has been destroyed, houses has been burnt and the say our economy
is fast growing, i believe it is only growing on paper not reflecting in the life's of Nigeria.
Before any economy can grow there must be stable power supply to power the economy
without that all this growing issue is a lie. please wake up nigerians

It is Big Business that is responsible for the growth. They can carry the extra burden of unstable power supply and cover the cost of supplying their own power during 'outages'.

International experts would not make mistakes that obvious. If the average man in the street can spot it you can be sure they have.

The issue is simply, in fact very simply, a growing economy with better growth projected and greed and corruption stopping the benefits going to the average Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 100Cents: 8:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
iamord:
you should read more about Africa to gain wider understanding. Cos like I said. You are dumb. And know little or nothing. What makes you dumb is the fact that you just concluded and brought up your lame points. A smart person won't do that

You said bloomberg ignored the statistics of smaller African countries, how does that concern me ?

Nigeria is the 6th fastest growing economy in the world, stick to topic, though it tastes like bile in your mouth. If that's why I am dumb then you know nothing. Keep making mouth online.

Raise your statistics of growing economies to dispute with Blomberg. Idiot.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by iamord(m): 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
100Cents:

You said bloomberg ignored the statistics of smaller African countries, how does that concern me ?

Nigeria is the 6th fastest growing economy in the world, stick to topic, though it tastes like bile in your mouth. If that's why I am dumb then you know nothing. Keep making mouth online.

Raise your statistics of growing economies to dispute with Blomberg. Idiot.
such a confused fellow angry
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 100Cents: 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
iamord:
such a confused fellow angry

APC don frustrate you..

Nigeria is growing.

Smart people don't cry over the economy. They fix it. I am dumb and happy. GEJ is clueless..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Easy-to-do Online Jobs You Can Do From Home Without Any Skill / Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency / The Richest People In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.