Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 (1854 Views)

Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition- Group 2! / Checkmate Competition- Group 2 Collaboration Thread / Checkmate Competition- Group 1 Collaboration Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Cybershow(m): 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
Group 1 members this wil be the main thread we will post our story..
Tags:
kusibe77
stuff46
tattesco
susrite
pres01
bluestarry
evangelio
No comment is allowed here.. and the work here should not be copy, quote, print..
Have a nice read.
Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Cybershow(m): 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
Any readers/followers that need to comment/criticize..should do that through this link https://www.nairaland.com/2156628/checkmate-competition-group-1-collaboration
Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Cybershow(m): 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
You can like the story posted, share it, but dont want comment here i just said my own once again.. please comply with us, My friends and boss we need your like and share on every story we post..will cherish that if you do
Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Cybershow(m): 9:33am On Feb 26, 2015
I wil lead the way for chapter 1
Stuff46 ->chapter 2
Kusibe77 ->chapter 3
Tattesco ->chapter 4
susrite ->chapter 5
pres01 ->chapter 6
bluestarry ->chapter 7
evangelio ->chapter 8
if the chapter continue we wil rotate it..
Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Cybershow(m): 9:34am On Feb 26, 2015
We have jst 2 days interval in each chapter... if u wnt be around pls alert stuff46 or susrite.. tenx for your comply.. GROUP 1 Let show them we are great..
Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Cybershow(m): 9:34am On Feb 26, 2015
Chapter 1...
Time: 11:07
Written by: Cybershow
Against all odds, Daniel was pulling through life, sooner than later he was done with his secondary school level he was at home for a year, seeking admission.
FLASH BACK..
Mr and Mrs Adeboye belong to a medium class, neither rich nor poor. At times it is very difficult for them to afford three square meals a day. The life of the Adeboyes was very tough, Adeboye Daniel an indigene of Osun state couldn't finished his education so he was drop out of school because of his parents could not afford to sponsor his education. He was forced to go for a petty job, so he choose to be a fashion designer.
Daniel began his training immediately he was drop out of school and eventually became a famous designer in their village then.
After many years, Daniel's parents persuaded him to get married, of which he made his parents to understand that his schedule at his place of work won't allow him to have time for that.
One fateful day, when he got home, his father called him again on the issue of marriage, he said;
"Don't you know you are now old enough to be married? Don't you want us to see our grand children? Unh?"
Daniel replied him;
"I know am old enough to be married but my scheduled are so tight that i can't even think of such at the moment, is not that i don't want to bear grand children for you, i will think about it in my leisure time, father please! Understand me".
His father replied with an angry look;
"What! Is it because of your work that you don't want to consider the issue at all? If that is the case is better you quit the job!"
Daniel stood up with a troubledheart, about to take his leave from the sitting room, when his father called back by saying;
"You don't have anything to say to that unh? So now we are age mates that you are walking away from me? Unh?"
Daniel replied coldly;
"Am sorry sir, i didn't mean to do that, its just that am tired and i need to rest".
His father retorted;
"You want to rest when we are talking about the most important thing in your life? Is better you have time for your life now so it won't be to late, because you have your life to live not mine".
His father stormed out of the house angrily, leaving Daniel with a bunch of word......
*To Be Continue*........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Cybershow(m): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2015
----continuation----
The next day, Daniel was at his place of work, when his costomer, Mrs Ashaju came in, to drop the cloth she want him to designed for her, Daniel and Mrs Ashaju exchange greetings after that she said;
"Hope your job is not that stressfull"
He replied;
"Yes ma, thanks for your concern"
She said;
"I brought the cloth i told you about, so i want a V-shape for the neck style, so please try to finish it before saturday. I may send my daughter here so she could get it for me".
As she was talking, she noticed that he was lost in thought but she ignore and bade Daniel good day, but he didn't notice that his costomer is about going, when she knew that seun is not that active, she tapped him and asked;
"Why are you so worried"
Daniel was send back to his normal sense after the woman jacked him. He replied amidst a swollen face;
"Nothing ma, thanks for your concern".
The woman was worried about his behaviour but she left the place when Daniel said that there is nothing wrong. So she repeated what she said the other time;
"I will send my daughter here so she could get it for me okay?".
Daniel replied;
"Okay, i will be expecting her".
Back to Mrs Ashaju's house.
Sitting down is a very elegant girl named Rose, she is a beautiful girl, 6 feet 8 inches tall with a nice golden hair, she possess a full lush pink lips, her eye balls colours look exactly like an ashes, somehow slender, curvy, a bit voluptous with an oval face, all in all she looks like an angel, she was seated watching a korean movie tittled
"Kachi gu family book".
Rose! Rose!! Rose!!! Her mother called, she paused the movie and attended to her mother, which is calling her, she answered from the sitting;
"Yes mum! Am on my way".
She ran into the kitchen to meet her mother who is preparing dinner, she asked;
"Mum why did you called me?".
Her mother replied her;
"I just want to inform you that you will assist me to get my cloth for me at the fashion designer place okay?"
Rose replied;
"Alright mum"
"So take this food to the dinning table your father will be expecting his dinner please be fast". Her mother said...
*To Be Continue*......
Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Cybershow(m): 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
----continuation----

On saturday, Daniel was seen thinking about the issue of marriage in his place of work, when the daughter of Ashaju came for the cloth. They exchange greeting, he asked;
"Are you the daughter of Mrs Ashaju"
Rose replied;
"Yea, i came for the cloth"
Daniel smiled and said;
"Alright, you looking beautiful, so what your name?"
Rose giggles and replied him;
"Thanks, my name is Rose and you?"
"My name is Daniel" he said.
Daniel was busy starring at her beautiful and smooth face, he was already lost in love to the extent that the cloth he was packing, he exchange a black polythene bag to a white polythene bag.
He was sent back to consciousness when the girl asked;
"Why don't you put the cloth in a black polythene bag instead of white polythene bag"
He was embarrassed and he said;
"It was a slight mistake [he change the white polythene bag to a black polythene bag, he said], this is the cloth, you can have it".
She collected the cloth, about to leave, when Daniel called her back saying;
"Please! Can i have your number?"
She replied with a facial expression which is not that welcoming;
"Why do you need my number? What for?"
Daniel replied stammering;
"Is just th-at -m-m-m- we may not get in con-tact wi-th ea-ch other again, please just do me that favour please!"
She replied calmly;
"Is this how you ask for number from your costomer's daughter unh?"
He was shocked with the question, he open his mouth agape, he wanted to say something but words seem heavy in his mouth. After some second he speaks out;
"No, but for the first time we get to know each other please do me that favour by rendering your number to me please!".
She replied;
"Alright i will give you, my number is 0802433......."
"Oh thanks for the number, am grateful" he said.
She bade Daniel good bye.
Daniel was lost in thought after Rose has left his shop, he was falling for Rose has left his shop, he was falling for Rose and It seem the girl will be playing difficult to get.
When he got home, he dialed Rose number, she picked the call after the first beep;
"Hello Rose" Daniel said.
"Hi, please who am i speaking with" Rose said
Daniel replied;
"It is Daniel, so how you doing? Hope mum loved that designed"
She replied;
"Yes, she loves it, so what the reason for calling me".
Daniel said;
"Please, i want to ask you for a favour".
She replied;
"You are permitted to move on, i'm all ears".
He said;
"Can you be my girl lover".
She replied while laughing loudly;
"What is the meaning of that? Did i told you i need a lover"
He replied her, but praying inwardly to God so she could accept his proposal;
"Please accept my offer and you won't regret ever doing that, please do me another favour with this please!"
She replied;
"Hmmmmm......... I may try think about it then"
"Oh, thanks so i should be expecting a positive result" he said.
"Hmmmm.... Don't know for now. Good night". She said.
He replied;
"Okay good night, have a nice night and dream of me".
He hang up the call.

The next day he saw a text message on the screen of his phone, he checked it, it was from Rose, he opened the message and read the content, after reading it he smile, form in his face.

After many month, the love between Rose and Daniel grew stronger as the wind blows by every seconds. There was a day Daniel propose to her, saying;
"Will you marry me?"
She replied with tears flowing for joy;
"Yes i will marry you wholeheartedly".

After 1 years,
Daniel and Rose were unite together, there wedding was superb and there honeymoon was something to tells about.

After many days, Daniel impregenanted Rose. but as fate would have it, after the marraiage, the blissful union took a worse turn, people change, things get altered and yes, the union changed.

*END OF CHAPTER 1".....

1 Like

Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by stuff46(m): 11:33pm On Feb 28, 2015
Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by Kusibe77(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
chapter 2

Daniel sat quietly as he thought about his marriage. He had never envisaged such a change in his wife altitude after the birth of Moses. His wife - - wasn't 'Rose' like his mother, she had changed after her first birth, that has brought moses.

The little boy was given birth some month ago and his wife start acting strangely. He had vow not to beat his wife but he didn't think he could keep to that vow again this night. He was home since 9 pm. It was he, Eze and Moses in the house since then. He looked up at the wall clock for uptenth time, it was 9:30 pm.

His wife now decides where she can go. She doesn't play along his word anymore. She derived pleasure in doing so,as he also derives satisfaction outside.

Priye, was his new darling. She was prettier than his wife who has add weight after delivery. Though his wife will win the beauty contest a year ago when they first met. She was no more the skinny angelic beautiful queen she married.
That made looked out for a replacement and he foound priye.

Eze! he called on his little brother in law who was living with them in the 3 bedroom bungalow. A boy of 13 years old, the one Rose left their child's care to before she went out.

'am here sir!' he appeared from behind the curtains, walked between the settee and stood facing him like a penalty shooter to a penalty taker.

'where did your sister say she was going' he asked

'madam sey she wan buy soup ingredient for market'

'for market and she was tied down there abi?' he asked rather rhetorically. 'you can go. Where is Moses'

he pointed his thumbs backward 'he is sleeping sir'

'ok, you can go'he waved him away. Eze did not let him a make second attempt before he vanished.

At the market, the stars were smiling and the moon is bright. Rose did not care if even if the comet is falling, her thought is her son. She walked hastily to where she could get a bus. Her husband is not likely to return yet but her child would have been crying. Unknown to her, her husband concubine was standing by the road when she walked past her.
A young lady, whose voluptuous body was the character that attracted Daniel most. Rose walked past her not having a clue who she was. She had suspected her husband was having affairs but kept mute because she has no evidence.
Their are hundred of busy people moving up and down the market, Why should she about walking past a lady she does not know care?

The time is no more on her side hence she thought taking bike will save time. She called on an 'Okada' and in no time she was on her way home.

Priye picked her phone to dial Daniel's number. She had tried all her best to make him divorce Rose but failed. She now has a chance to make things complicated for husband and wife.maybe what she wants to do will make daniel become all hers.

Daniel knew he had changed. There was no more spark in their marriage as it use to be. He now stay out late. He was seeing another woman elsewhere because his wife does not looked attractive to him again. He now knows it is a man's world. He could stay late night or sleep out.
Rose was meant for him, he paid her bride price no matter what he does he could be forgiven . he thought he could treat her the way he liked.
For Rose she shouldn't stay out than 7pm else he would send her to her father's house.

His phone rang which he checked the caller and smiled.
'hello, sweetheart.

'hey sweet bobo' priye replied. 'I saw your wife just now, a man dropped her around ringroad. I thought they were kissing before she alighted and mount a bike to come home'

Daniel was silent for some seconds 'you don't mean it' he managed to say after some seconds.

'I told you she was getting attention somewhere but you will not listen'

'I trust her not to...
Though I don't like her like years ago. But... '

priye was smiling at the other end . She used her hand to cover her mouth not to spoil the show.

The door to the living opened and rose stepped in. 'goodafternoon, daddy Moses' she knelt a little. Daddy Moses was now the substitute nick for her husband unlike before marriage when he called him 'honey'

'so what did you want to do now' priye asked on the phone.

'I know what to do' he replied. A stern etched on his face.

Rose decided to walk away when he failed to reply her and was busy talking on the phone. Even if he wasn't he is not likely to reply her. Just when she moved an inch away from his macho erect body standing close besides the settee.
He ended the call,grabbed the polo of her shirt and dragged her backward to his front.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by susrite(m): 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by stuff46(m): 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
[b]Chapter 3[\b]

We do not value what we have until we loose them, most of which are our dear ones. Moreso, when we are hating on them, the brighter part of what hold for us are hidden; making us blinded by lust.

Daniel, after been ignorant of pleas from all extended and brides family, still went ahead to file a case of divorce. It wasnt really in a court room per say; he terminated his marriage. It had come as a shock to every member of the family but his mind was made up. He had invited witnessess to the scene were he had made know his intentions and forged ahead with his plans. It was in his in-law's resident, in the presence of his in-law's and his mother. His father did'nt give to the idea of separate family life for his son due to his roman catholic doctrine; but his mother with the aligation levelled against rose, soported the decision of her son.

"Shey dondon ni ki omo mi ma fe obirin alagbere ati awon a layi leko obirin!" Mrs. Adeboye thundered

"Iya oko mi ko ti to be yen, e je ki a gbo ti enu rose na, mo mo daju ni pe ero ni won pa mo!" the inlaw protested trying to calm the situation.

"My inlaw's, the truth is that i am not going on with this marriage anymore. I have decided to let the case die off but your daughter is not going to stay in my house any more." daniel spoke up, minutes later when the room's sanity has been restored.

"As for my child, i will be taking him with me as the father. He would be caterred for my me. I don't want to ask for the dowry, i dont want anything to do with your daughter in my life again" he continued calmly

"gbo gbon to ba fe, ma fun e ama ko si eri to daju sin kan to so" priye's father spoke with respect

"and you see, i would have not granted your wish, i know what my daughter is capable of doing. Since it's your descision, i deem it fit to grant it for you. But me mindful of this day and the consequences of your action. If i were you i would have take my time to investigate well..."

"my son can't be like you, and he would never be like you" Mrs. Adeboye barked as she abruptly cut shot Mr. Ashaju

Mrs. Adeboye and Daniel had left their in-laws after it was agreed that Rose would come and pick her few belongings from the house. The marriage had ended easily.

Daniel sprawlled on the sofa of the three bed room flat, the one he had rented for his baby-mama; as he think about his life. It was years ago when he had made enough saving in his tailoring business that he made had payed for the rent of his newly found love.

He had met Priye when she had come to sew her dress at his shop. The relationship had started on a tailor to customer note until a day when she had arrived to his shop, wore a sadden face and he took intrest in her. She was a student at the University of Osun in her final year. She told him of her fiance whom their dream of being together was shattered when she caught him in bed with her best friend. The tale was an intresting one to buy, he had since been with her for years now and had started courtship with her after terminating his marriage.
That was some years ago, now he had found out what he is missing in his marriage and wants to make amends.

[b]***Tbc****[\b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Main Story Thread For Checkmate Competition-group 1 by stuff46(m): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
continuation

One's evil hunt them down when you are a human being; but if otherwise, you are possessed. Priye was neither remorseful nor happy with it outcome, it was just a waste of fiddling nonsense, she could'nt just admit her failure. She had wanted to break the bond between her spouse and his ex-wife; she aimed to kill if it is warrant.

As she walked into the room sighting Daniel sprawl on the floor, she paused he movement amid questions.

Daniel facing his concubine questioned "what are you doing at this time of the night"

"ermh... I see that you are still thinking about" she stammered ignoring his question

She moved closer to him and stood at akimbo, as tear droped from eyes.

"Honey, it not about her; i was just a bit stressed out so i felt the sitting room would be best as i dont want to distract you" he explained but deep down him he knew it was a lie.

It had been a routine for them to have discussion of this nature, she always felt jealous. He had always lied to her about it but it seemed as though she had read his mind through his facial expression. He had started to avoid answering the question but she still never wanted to give up on the matter. The last time it almost wanted to end in a quarel but he had walked out of the house that night, it wasnt late in the night; but today it was past midnight, no right thinking man would leave home at this hour.

"lets go in" he softly spoke as he walked into the as he held her by hand and they retired into the room to spend the remaining hours of the night.

END OF CHAPTER 3

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

THE Marked___white Sight: The Awakening / ICHIGO CAN'T FIGHT : PART 1 COMPLETED (Arigato) for reading!! / Need Endorsement For My Next Book, Pls(here's The First 2 Chapters).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.