Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. (46897 Views)

Blood In Stool For Years; Please Help / Lady Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu Was Not A Runs Girl, Not Thrown From Car / Lady Spotted Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by kandiikane(m): 11:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
A rumor that HIV-tainted oranges from Libya has circulated heavily this week on Facebook and Twitter. The story went viral after the photo below began circulating with the claim that the alleged oranges were found in Algeria. One caption reads, “The immigration services of Algeria recovered a large quantity of these oranges coming from Libya. These oranges were injected with positive tested Hiv & AIDS blood. Please share this msg & warn pelpe of d dangers involved.”

The source of this image is unknown, although it has been online for at least a few months. The allegation that HIV-laced oranges are circulating has been made with no sources or corroborating evidence. No major news sources have reported such a story.
HIV Transmission

The CDC notes that HIV does not survive long outside of the human body. It specifically addresses the question as to whether or not HIV can be spread via food.

Can I get HIV from food?

Except for rare cases in which children consumed food that was pre-chewed by an HIV-infected caregiver, HIV has not been spread through food. The virus does not live long outside the body. You cannot get it from consuming food handled by an HIV-infected person; even if the food contained small amounts of HIV-infected blood or semen, exposure to the air, heat from cooking, and stomach acid would destroy the virus.
Bottom Line

The rumor regarding HIV-injected oranges from Libya is unfounded. Further, the CDC has already established that HIV is not spread via food and does not live long outside of the human body.
http://wafflesatnoon.com/hiv-oranges-from-libya/

Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by iphanyiuma(m): 1:19am On Feb 27, 2015
I believe you were tot in school that you can't contract HIV through what you eat or anything that goes into the mouth...even if you kiss a hiv patient.
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by ekmaxop: 6:54am On Feb 27, 2015
Buy 30,000mAh power banks at wholesale price of 3,500 naira And resell at atleast 5,000 naira and above. You don't need a white collar job any more.
Come over to Model Shop A29, Opposite Abia plaza, Trade fair complex, OJO Lagos.
ekmaxop@gmail.com
You can also Call 08033863100 or 08077377940 or whatsapp to order yours now. CASH AND CARRY.
We do Home deliveries within Lagos and waybill to other parts of the country through transport

Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
HIV is a hoax
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by Ezenwa11(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kizmarty:

Your doctor was wrong.
In med school I was taught intense kissing can cause transmission of the virus if your partener is infected because blood is transferred when the walls of your lips are locked for long talk less of when the person is injured and you ingested her blood sef
You may be right. I guess the Doc saw the fear in me that's why he told me that to calm me down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by DuchessLily(f): 12:56am On Feb 28, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by pxdaniel(m): 1:34am On Feb 28, 2015
HIV virus cannot survive outside the body so there is no possibility of being infected when these oranges are licked, sucked or eaten. Depending on how you take oranges.

I think this story is even false. It was probably invented to keep people in fear so that they can be easily controlled.
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by kilokeys(m): 4:19am On Feb 28, 2015
thats just a variety.

ever heard of blood oranges?

4 Likes

Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by bettsielaugh: 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
Start working from home!Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing extra income... You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection... Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up..You can have your first check by the end of this week
www.jobspase.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
CrazyScientist:

The don't drink oranges, they lick them #dumbass
Guy u fall my hand, ''lick orange''
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by imakebigbucks: 12:37am On Mar 01, 2015
$8­­­­­­­­5­­­­­­­/­­­­­­­­­h­­­­­­­­­r­­­­­­­­­ ­­­­­­­­­p­­­­­­­­­r­­­o­­v­­­­i­­­­­­­­­d­­­­­­­­­e­­­­­­­­­ b­­­­­­­­­y G­­­­­­­­­oog­­­­­­­­­le­­­­­­­­­, I­­­­­­­­­ am ­­­­­­­­­making ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­good ­­­­­­­­­salary ­­­­­­­­­from ­­­­­­­­­home ­­­­­­­­­$6580­­­­­­­­­-­­­­­­­­­$7065/week , ­­­­­­­­­which ­­­­­­­­­is ­­­­­­­­­amazing, ­­­­­­­­­under ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­year ­­­­­­­­­ago ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­was ­­­­­­­­­jobless in ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­horrible ­­­­­­­­­economy. ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­thank ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­God ­­­­­­­­­every ­­­­­­­­­day ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­was ­­­­­­­­­blessed ­­­­­­­­­with ­­­­­­­­­these instructions ­­­­­­­­­and ­­­­­­­­­now it's ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­my ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­duty ­­­­­­­­­to ­­­­­­­­­pay ­­­­­­­­­it ­­­­­­­­­forward ­­­­­­­­­and ­­­­­­­­­share ­­­­­­­­­it ­­­­­­­­­with ­­­­­­­­­Everyone, ­­­­­­­­­Here ­­­­­­­­­is ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­started,,,­­­­­­­­­
.. www.buzz77.com
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by sundaymike59: 2:48am On Mar 01, 2015
Get The Most Effective Herbal Drugs That Cures Weak Erection. RANDY is very effective drug in stopping premature ejaculation,giving you a hard erection that last on and on is now in town. it is made of the highest quality of herbal ingredient,carefully­ tested and homogenized by a team of dedicated scientist. Test it and become one more of its testimony. the good news is that it has no side effect.....call +2347039656182.....h­ome delivery nation wide.
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2015
remsonik:

They dont lick oranges bro, they eat them
If I decide to only lick my orange, am I wrong?
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by Merichie: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Akuko.......
Una wan cause people to panic abi
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by 100Cents: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2015
martyns303:
I doubt the virus will survive in the oranges.

Science says HIV does not survive outside the body after 10minutes..
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by nakinmuhammad: 11:33pm On May 11, 2015
To all the people saying that its not possible to catch hiv through the oranges , be my guest and be the first to go eat them since everybody these days act like scientists and know it alls ....
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by nakinmuhammad: 11:36pm On May 11, 2015
I remember when they said aids / hiv was contracted through sex with apes * FALSE * THE VIRUS WAS CREATED IN A LAB ( population control) proven fact now , but go ahead and keep playing ignorant, its only your life on the line ...
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by nakinmuhammad: 11:43pm On May 11, 2015
And who ever said hiv dont last after 10 minutes outside the body is so ignorant , you people seem to forget about the drug error when people shared needles and caught aids , or the dentist that used equipment on other patients and they caught the virus ..come on people wake up please ...you should know by now the government aint for the people , only the rich
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by lepasharon(f): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
kilokeys:
thats just a variety.

ever heard of blood oranges?

grapefruit ?
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by kilokeys(m): 3:39am On Jul 31, 2015
lepasharon:

grapefruit ?
nah dearie... Just blood oranges.. A variety i guess..
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by NaomiNew(f): 10:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
Weather u suck or eat or lick
Weather u re in med skul n u were taught 1 tin or d oda...
D fact still remains, we live in a wicked world.
We were taught rite frm d womb to always pray b4 we eat.
Note; if u notice unusual tin in wateva u eat, prayer wnt work bcause u were aware of d danger in eatin it.
In a nutshell, let's just b wise
MAY GOD HELP US ALL (AMEN)
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by NaomiNew(f): 10:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
nakinmuhammad:
I remember when they said aids / hiv was contracted through sex with apes * FALSE * THE VIRUS WAS CREATED IN A LAB ( population control) proven fact now , but go ahead and keep playing ignorant, its only your life on the line ...

Xo nw it is proven dat hiv cnt be contracted 2ru Apes, we cn go ahead n ve sex wit APES?
Re: Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. by AngelaP718(m): 7:39am On Jan 05, 2019
I doubt the authenticity of this story,but if true,people can be very heartless..

I don't think the virus can survive inside the orange.

Whatever,may God protect us all.

bros nobody!
Sorry I don’t know your name so permit me to call you nobody!!

Good morning!!
Please I do hope you get the Quote.

Actually im suffering from a particular bacteria, Staphylococcus Aureus, I’ve seen you on medical thread and it seems you are knowledgeable about a whole lot of things about Medical Practice!

Please is there a way you can help me get in touch with you.
I need help, im not comfortable with this itchy joystick at all!!

Help me brother.
Number is= 08174238307

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Lagos Spraying Disinfectants In Epe Public Places / Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) / Coronavirus: Governors shutdown schools in North West, North Central for 30 days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.