Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

R&B Songs, A Sin Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / R&B Songs, A Sin Or Not? (982 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / Is Sport Betting A Sin? / Kissing And Caressing But No Sex, Is It A Sin Or No Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

R&B Songs, A Sin Or Not? by esonuu(m): 1:36am On Feb 26, 2015
I was so much in luv wit naija hip hop songs to an extent that i buy/download latest songs within 24hrs of its release but in a quest to amend my religious/spiritual life,i stopped playing,downloading or buying any hip-hop related cd since the lyrics are bad,i even discarded my song book containing sum hip hop lyrics i composed when i intended going into music and gav up the idea of singing any hip hop song in future even though dats wat sales most in dis 21st century..Now I decided to anchor on gospels & foreign R&Bs e.g shania twain,celine dion,dido,chris brown e.t.c but people stil complain that theres no difference btw the latter & de former,i doubt if i can give up on doz luv songs cos the lyrics aint based on sex bla bla unlike naija songs and am yet to be convinced in my spirit that am doing the wrong thing..To the spiritually inclined pals,really wana know if playing r&b song is stil a sin? Does it affect one's growth spiritually?
Re: R&B Songs, A Sin Or Not? by richol(m): 1:52am On Feb 26, 2015
there comes a tym where he that worships God must worship God in spirit nd "truth".....and u will know the truth nd the truth shall set u free.
Re: R&B Songs, A Sin Or Not? by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 26, 2015
Not every r&b song is about sex. undecided

What are you saying?
Re: R&B Songs, A Sin Or Not? by oneda(m): 9:42am On Feb 26, 2015
esonuu:
I was so much in luv wit naija hip hop songs to an extent that i buy/download latest songs within 24hrs of its release but in a quest to amend my religious/spiritual life,i stopped playing,downloading or buying any hip-hop related cd since the lyrics are bad,i even discarded my song book containing sum hip hop lyrics i composed when i intended going into music and gav up the idea of singing any hip hop song in future even though dats wat sales most in dis 21st century..Now I decided to anchor on gospels & foreign R&Bs e.g[b] shania twain,celine dion,dido,chris brown e.t.c[/b] but people stil complain that theres no difference btw the latter & de former,i doubt if i can give up on doz luv songs cos the lyrics aint based on sex bla bla unlike naija songs and am yet to be convinced in my spirit that am doing the wrong thing..To the spiritually inclined pals,really wana know if playing r&b song is stil a sin? Does it affect one's growth spiritually?

What Christians are yet to understand is that there is no sitting on the fence in this issue... He that is not with me is against me and everyone who is not gathering with me scattereth (Matthew 12:30)
Most of these people you mentioned are comfirmed or alleged unashamed satanists, some are unashamed homosexuals, atheists and free masons.
Because they don't sing about sex doesn't mean what they are singing is worthy of christian ears.
Answer this question yourself, Can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruits? Can a dirty fountain bring clean water?

Him who is going to judge you is one who had said that "every idle word shall be accounted for in the judgement" It is that serious.

James 5:13 Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises.

Colossians 3:16
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

Peace

(1) (Reply)

Heart Breaking - I Wept / Church Cancelled Due To Lack Of God / Youth Living Out The FAITH In The 21st Century — By Rev. Fr Charles Obiora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.