Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Help Me Choose One - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Choose One (3641 Views)

Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i / Please Help Me Choose Btw C350 2009 And Toyota Venza 2009 / Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose One by Moranc(m): 6:01am On Feb 26, 2015
between toyoya highlander2004 and infiniti fx35 2004 which one should i go for i like d two cars but i dont know which one is more durable,easy to maintain and have low fuel economy
Re: Help Me Choose One by ExpressBooking1: 6:08am On Feb 26, 2015
Please go for 2004 Highlander you will be glad you did. but since you can afford 2004 Infiniti FX35 @ about 2.5-2.7m then why not get a 2004-2005 Lexus RX330 that's another machine

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose One by Moranc(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2015
ExpressBooking1:
Please go for 2004 Highlander you will be glad you did. but since you can afford 2004 Infiniti FX35 @ about 2.5-2.7m then why not get a 2004-2005 Lexus RX330 that's another machine
I guess Lexus jeep do hv gear problem dats y I stay off them
Re: Help Me Choose One by abatically(m): 7:44am On Feb 26, 2015
Moranc:

The highlander and Lexus Rx have the same mechanicals.
Re: Help Me Choose One by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 26, 2015
Moranc:
between toyoya highlander2004 and infiniti fx35 2004 which one should i go for i like d two cars but i dont know which one is more durable,easy to maintain and have low fuel economy

You mean high fuel economy. Low fuel economy means poor MPG.

You're not going to get great MPG in any of these SUV's. If this is one of your main selection criteria, then you're looking at the wrong cars.
Re: Help Me Choose One by DGD1(m): 8:23am On Feb 26, 2015
Moranc:

where is lomomike¿

meanwhile, I will agree with the advice given u to go for the Lexus, its sweet and cool to drive good performance then the outlook is not bad.
For the gear issue you said, its not right info, a friend has been using his(2005 model) without such problems.
Re: Help Me Choose One by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 26, 2015
Moranc:

Pls stay off highlander too. They have same gearbox as lexus.

Let me also inform you that you will spend sooo much on fuel, sensors and the dashboard will always produce bubbles which will entail very expensive repairs.

angry
Re: Help Me Choose One by DGD1(m): 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
lomomike:

Let me also inform you that you will spend sooo much on fuel, sensors and the dashboard will always produce bubbles which will entail very expensive repairs.

angry

like seriously?
Re: Help Me Choose One by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
DGD1:

like seriously?

I was referring to the man who 'guessed' lexus have gear issues.

That's why I 'guessed' that since highlander use same gear as lexus, it should have gear issues too.

NOTE: The keyword here is 'guess' however, there is verifiable info which the 'guessing man' failed to find. That verified info I know it but I need to act like the 'guessing man' so as to know how it feels 'guessing'.
Re: Help Me Choose One by DGD1(m): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
lomomike:

I was referring to the man who 'guessed' lexus have gear issues.

That's why I 'guessed' that since highlander use same gear as lexus, it should have gear issues too.

NOTE: The keyword here is 'guess' however, there is verifiable info which the 'guessing man' failed to find. That verified info I know it but I need to act like the 'guessing man' so as to know how it feels 'guessing'.

lol

please, help the OP.
that was really funny though (u got me).
Re: Help Me Choose One by sultaan(m): 5:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Another kobowise thinking.Spending all that money on SUV then thinking about fuel economy(definitely an uninformed rookie)

Then the choice is between Highlander and FX35 a $30k vs $40k SUV.

You really don't need to think about the value if they cost the same.

The problem here is ignorance; not knowing what you want to buy, and that can be solved by taking a test drive in both trucks feel and know what each offers.

The other is fear of reliability solved by talking to owners you see driving one.

Listening to hearsay around here will drive you to Corolla or pencil light which you will regret

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose One by Moranc(m): 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
lomomike:

angry
am hearing that for the first time...but what do you think of 4runner 2004-2006 model?
Re: Help Me Choose One by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Moranc:
am hearing that for the first time...but what do you think of 4runner 2004-2006 model?

Haaa! Fuel consumer, big heavy V6 and big heavy V8 for Sequoia and lexus jeep. So heavy fuel consumer.

A good motor is Nissan Murano Awd. But when you buy it, tell the mechanic to drain all the CVT oil and put abro dextron IID ATF oil. lipsrsealed then that motor gearbox will last.
Moranc:

Haaa! Fuel consumer, big heavy V6 and big heavy V8 for Sequoia and lexus jeep. So heavy fuel consumer.

A good motor is Nissan Murano Awd. But when you buy it, tell the mechanic to drain all the CVT oil and put abro dextron IID ATF oil. lipsrsealed then that motor gearbox will last.
[size=1pt] Lomomike is NOT liable for any damage to your vehicle due to negligence arising from sticking to this advice[/size]
Re: Help Me Choose One by Moranc(m): 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thanks to u all I think am learning smiley
Re: Help Me Choose One by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Moranc:

Hope you're not planning on buying a murano and changing the CVT oil to ATF oil?

Buy yourself a highlander or lexus and enjoy your peace. Those vehicles don't have any gearbox issues. I only exaggerated your initial 'guess'.
Re: Help Me Choose One by Moranc(m): 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
lomomike:

Hope you're not planning on buying a murano and changing the CVT oil to ATF oil?

Buy yourself a highlander or lexus and enjoy your peace. Those vehicles don't have any gearbox issues. I only exaggerated your initial 'guess'.
thanks I really appreciate I wil go for highlander then
smiley
Re: Help Me Choose One by sultaan(m): 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
tongue
Re: Help Me Choose One by chucky234(m): 12:06am On Mar 01, 2015
Moranc:
thanks I really appreciate I wil go for highlander then
smiley
Highlander is just another bland Camry disguising as SUV, I'll suggest you. Get yourself a Lexus RX330.
Re: Help Me Choose One by senator2k9(m): 5:28am On Mar 01, 2015
When u buy highlander u will come here after 3 years looking for this thread to thank us
Re: Help Me Choose One by abatically(m): 6:32am On Mar 01, 2015
senator2k9:
When u buy highlander u will come here after 3 years looking for this thread to thank us
. grin
Re: Help Me Choose One by bravolad(m): 7:17am On Mar 01, 2015
The RX330 beats the Highlander both in terms of performance, look & quality of materials. I drove one from Lagos to Abuja recently to note the difference. It's actually a beauty to behold. It also uses the same engine & transmission with my current vehicle but I opted for it for my wife.

I think the OP can not go wrong with it but the only caveat is the price. It would be difficult to acquire one at the present with N2.8 million.
Re: Help Me Choose One by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 01, 2015
chucky234:
Highlander is just another bland Camry disguising as SUV, I'll suggest you. Get yourself a Lexus RX330.

Epic hater of toyota. Anti toyota fan. You want him to buy rx330 and pour palm oil inside gearbox?
Re: Help Me Choose One by abatically(m): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2015
chucky234:

Ur hate for Toyota is becoming an obsession. grin
Re: Help Me Choose One by chucky234(m): 10:31am On Mar 01, 2015
lomomike:

Epic hater of toyota. Anti toyota fan. You want him to buy rx330 and pour palm oil inside gearbox?
Do you pour palm oil inside your gearbox?
Re: Help Me Choose One by chucky234(m): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2015
abatically:

Ur hate for Toyota is becoming an obsession. grin
At least I recommended RX330 which is also a Toyota with Lexus badge, how is that hating bro?
Re: Help Me Choose One by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 01, 2015
chucky234:
Do you pour palm oil inside your gearbox?

No sire, embarassed I pour diesel oil inside lipsrsealed

Your Op said he guessed Rx's got gearbox issue. I offered him a simple car to use and should any issue show up, mecho's will easily work on it. May I tell you even highlander is still a very daunting task to our mechanics.

Even a 98 sienna ABS cable was severed on saturday when I went to visually inspect works in kazeems butcher auto shop workshop because of a simple stuck caliper. undecided

An RX is very sensitive and highly computerized. Any error will bite hard. For the info, I DON'T let any kazeem touch my RX I work on it myself, I can easily give my Highlander to kazeem to play with after which I'll recheck very well what he's done.
Re: Help Me Choose One by chucky234(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
lomomike:

No sire, embarassed I pour diesel oil inside lipsrsealed

Your Op said he guessed Rx's got gearbox issue. I offered him a simple car to use and should any issue show up, mecho's will easily work on it. May I tell you even highlander is still a very daunting task to our mechanics.

Even a 98 sienna ABS cable was severed on saturday when I went to visually inspect works in kazeems butcher auto shop workshop because of a simple stuck caliper. undecided

An RX is very sensitive and highly computerized. Any error will bite hard. For the info, I DON'T let any kazeem touch my RX I work on it myself, I can easily give my Highlander to kazeem to play with after which I'll recheck very well what he's done.
Allow the young man get RX330 and be his guardian angel in safeguarding the car.
Re: Help Me Choose One by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
Moranc:
Buy either a highlander or an Rx330
When you do that, follow me, and I'll teach you how to go about its maintenance just as Chucky234 suggested.

By the way, I use a highlander and an Rx330 so I'm in the right position to help you out.
Re: Help Me Choose One by chucky234(m): 8:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
lomomike:

When you do that, follow me, and I'll teach you how to go about its maintenance just as Chucky234 suggested.

By the way, I use a highlander and an Rx330 so I'm in the right position to help you out.
Now you are talking like my broda, OP get yourself RX330 and ask Lomomkie for what anything you need to know about the car in regard to maintenance.
Re: Help Me Choose One by Moranc(m): 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
lomomike:

ok thank you sir.........i will let you know
Re: Help Me Choose One by Moranc(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
grin
senator2k9:
grin
senator2k9:
Re: Help Me Choose One by Moranc(m): 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
lomomike:

grin
lomomike:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is / Check Out This Lexus Upgraded From 2000 Model To 2005 Model - See Photos / Is Total Quartz 9000 5w40 Full Synthetic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.