Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Am atheist Have A Dream - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am atheist Have A Dream (3000 Views)

Lady Dies After Man Reveals To Her On Facebook That He Had A Dream She Will Die / Does An Atheist Have A Soul? / Atheist Have No Reason For Not Believing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am atheist Have A Dream by ojimbo(m): 7:25am On Feb 26, 2015
I have a dream that one day, people will stop killing and toturing each other in the name of religion, rather these gods should be allowed to fight agains each other while people will live in peace and harmony

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by MizMyColi(f): 8:30am On Feb 26, 2015
The day we stop fighting one another, the day we come together and relate with one another from the deepest core of our being, a higher dimension; is the day those gods cease to exist.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by johnydon22(m): 9:03am On Feb 26, 2015
And all religious, denominational and dogmatic diversity will crumble..

making people value each others life and the earth more than any superstitious mumbo jumbo...

People will stop wishing the earth will be destroyed (christians) while the others will stop destroying it themselves (muslims) and focus on the good of the world..

It baffles me how someone have not finished living this one chance at life that we all have now, but is killing and wasting his time looking for another...

#WeFuckingLoveAtheism

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by davien(m): 10:05am On Feb 26, 2015
That dream will become a reality once secular laws are passed,laws that allow equality for all human life,with no religiosity or culture attached..
Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by kevoh(m): 10:08am On Feb 26, 2015
johnydon22:

It baffles me how someone have not finished living this one chance at life that we all have now, but is killing and wasting his time looking for another...

#WeFuckingLoveAtheism

I love this line of reasoning.
Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by Jameselias: 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
All what u pple have written even a christian will say i pray so, what do u think?
Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by johnydon22(m): 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
Jameselias:
All what u pple have written even a christian will say i pray so, what do u think?

No they are waiting (expecting) for the world to get destroyed (Rapture) thats the difference..

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by frank317: 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
Surprisingly, Christians and Muslims will hate this lovely dream...

What is really wrong with these people?

5 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by johnydon22(m): 12:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
frank317:
Surprisingly, Christians and Muslims will hate this lovely dream...

What is really wrong with these people?

Because the achaic concept of God(s) and superstitions will be no more and they prefer that nonsense to peace on earth..
Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by dd12345: 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
kevoh:

johnydon22:

#WeFuckingLoveAtheism.

man was not made to live for this world..this life...this life was meant to be traded for a higher incorruptible life...Roman.8:20-23 says For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of
him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall
be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children
of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain
together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the
firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the
adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by johnydon22(m): 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
dd12345:

man was not made to live for this world..this life...this life was meant to be traded for a higher incorruptible life...Roman.8:20-23 says For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of
him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall
be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children
of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain
together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the
firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the
adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

And all this you believe because a book that was written by some dude said so right

Another fairy tale... grin

2 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by dd12345: 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
This world is a currency which you traded for a far more higher life...the only purpose for which man is born on earth is TO BE LIKE CHRIST...to be conformed to the image of christ...romans 8:28-29 says And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow,
he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be
the firstborn among many brethren.

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by Jameselias: 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
johnydon22:

No they are waiting (expecting) for the world to get destroyed (Rapture) thats the difference..
no in thier confusion as usual they will wish it to be. But will attribute it to their god, and that's my problem with them, they don't see anything good in human beings or earth but only in that (ideal image in thier mind ) so called god, can u beat that!?

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by johnydon22(m): 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
Jameselias:
no in thier confusion as usual they will wish it to be. But will attribute it to their god, and that's my problem with them, they don't see anything good in human beings or earth but only in that (ideal image in thier mind ) so called god, can u beat that!?

lolzzz
Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by dd12345: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzzz

@ johnydon22 and others of like mind...there are so many things you dont understand about God...time will not be enough for me to explain so many things to you...are you guys staying in lagos or where...

the problem here is IGNORANCE ABOUT GOD'S JUDGEMENT(WILL;PURPOSE)...it reminds me of my cousin some 16 years ago when he was like 6 years old...he was always complaining about her mummy...how much he hated her...he always complain that he will not allow him to watch movies, play ball and other things...he said every time she will always asked him to read his book...wash plates...and not to fight his elder sister...But i believe now that he understand better after much knowledge now that he is a grown up graduate...

2 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
johnydon22:

And all this you believe because a book that was written by some dude said so right

Another fairy tale... grin
you just had to resurrect a 5-year old thread, didn't u?

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by GooseBaba: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
dd12345:

@ johnydon22 and others of like mind...there are so many things you dont understand about God...time will not be enough for me to explain so many things to you...are you guys staying in lagos or where...

the problem here is IGNORANCE ABOUT GOD'S JUDGEMENT(WILL;PURPOSE)...it reminds me of my cousin some 16 years ago when he was like 6 years old...he was always complaining about her mummy...how much he hated her...he always complain that he will not allow him to watch movies, play ball and other things...he said every time she will always asked him to read his book...wash plates...and not to fight his elder sister...But i believe now that he understand better after much knowledge now that he is a grown up graduate...

Kindly read what you wrote and ask yourself if it makes sense..

Your cousin did not imagine his mother. He sees, knows her hence no need to believe in her by faith alone. He has seen her short comings and her great accomplishment hence no need to make stuff up to make her feel infallible.

Kindly, come back with something better..

6 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by macof(m): 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
davien:
That dream will become a reality once secular laws are passed,laws that allow equality for all human life,with no religiosity or culture attached..

Certainly you lack the understanding of the word "culture"

2 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by dd12345: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
GooseBaba:

Kindly read what you wrote and ask yourself if it makes sense..

Your cousin did not imagine his mother. He sees, knows her hence no need to believe in her by faith alone. He has seen her short comings and her great accomplishment hence no need to make stuff up to make her feel infallible.

Kindly, come back with something better..

@goosebaba... What is faith? It's another reality... A spiritual reality... Just like our earth is real... The spiritual realm too is really and the currency to access that realm is faith... Not just believing... It's a tangible realm... As real as this realm.... The physical realm... This life... I mean this world which the currency to access it is by sight... That's why the Bible says the just shall live by faith... Not by sight which this world has taught us

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by GooseBaba: 1:02am On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=dd12345 post=31118885][/quote]

Now you're preaching.. angry

Guy warn yourself.. undecided
Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by davien(m): 6:57am On Feb 27, 2015
macof:

Certainly you lack the understanding of the word "culture"
I meant cultural divides, it was a typo dude...I think ethnic prejudice best defines the context I used..

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by dd12345: 10:20am On Feb 27, 2015
The Process of Sonship

To be a son of God is to have the life of Jesus in you; it is to be
one with Him. It is to have Him living through you… One might at once
retort, 'I don't want anyone living through me, I want to live my own
life!' But that is a big mistake. That was Adam's mistake. You don't
have your own life! Nobody truly owns his life! You did not create
yourself so which life are you laying claim to as yours?
That is utter madness. That is what it means to be insane when a
created thing seeks its own autonomy as though it created itself. Before
it was created it was nothing. It could not exist, it had no life, no plans,
no ambitions, nothing. Its creator probably one day thought to himself,
'Let me create me so and so...' And that was how it came to be. Now it is
here. It has forgotten its root. It is now laying claims to its life and in so
doing is intent upon denying its creator his right, the pleasure and reason
why he created it in the first place.
This is the root of the first sin. “This sin has been described by
saint Augustine as the result of pride, of the movement whereby a
creature (that is, an essentially dependent being whose principle of
existence lies not in itself but in another) tries to set up on it's own, to
exist for itself”

2 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by dd12345: 10:26am On Feb 27, 2015
“From the moment a creature becomes aware
of God as God and of itself as self, the terrible alternative of choosing
God or self for the centre is opened to it”. It is a choice of adopting
either of two philosophies of life. The creature can say, “Nothing I have
is originally my own. I am not even mine; I live to please my owner, and
the life He has offered me is the one I'll live” or he could say, “I do not
trust my owner. I am cleverer than He. I know what is good and what is
bad I want my own space”. The latter choice will tear the created thing
from its creator. This is what the Bible calls rebellion. Not merely the
refusal of the creator's will but the discovery and exploitation of self in
an illegitimate fashion.

3 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by macof(m): 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
davien:
I meant cultural divides, it was a typo dude...I think ethnic prejudice best defines the context I used..
Ok, are u having a nice day?
Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by macof(m): 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
@dd12345

faith is currency to the spiritual realm you don't even know wat spiritual is

2 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
Without religion, people will still kill for something. People fight each other not because of religion but DIFFERENCES

So keep sleeping. . .. .I will wake you when differences is taken away from us.

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by dd12345: 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
macof:
@dd12345

faith is currency to the spiritual realm you don't even know wat spiritual is
@ macof....to relate with this physical world...we use our sight...i mean our senses but to relate with the spiritual realm...we use Faith...faith is not just believing what you dont see...but another reality...using your spirital senses...your spirit...i believe you know MAN IS A SPIRIT,HE HAS A SOUL AND HE LIVES IN A BODY...with the body he can relate with the physical world through his senses...touch..feel..seeing...hearing but with his spirit, he can relate with the SPIRITUAL WORLD...that is with GOD...that is faith...

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by johnydon22(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
We want more hospitals built and not magnificent churches with golden altars

We want good deeds done (lend a helping hand to someone out there) and not clasp them in prayers that solves nothing.
(two hands working achieves more than a thousand clasped in prayers)

We want donations and supplies to the poor, displaced, hunger stricken, famine effected people even in nigeria and east africa and not tithes paid to a pastor on suit with private jets and pot belly.

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by dd12345: 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
@johnydon22 and other humanist,liberal,freethinker and atheist in the house...it still amaze me now why atheist who hate God but spend all their life talking, worrying, lamenting against God ...they talk and think of God more the the Christians who believe and love God...the bible says We cant do nothing against the truth but for the truth...God told SAUL in act 26:14... It is hard for you to kick against the pricks...
Question: "What does it mean to kick against the pricks?"

Answer: “It is hard for you to kick against the pricks” was a Greek proverb, but it was also familiar to the Jews and anyone who made a living in agriculture. An ox goad was a stick with a pointed piece of iron on its tip used to prod the oxen when plowing. The farmer would prick the animal to steer it in the right direction. Sometimes the animal would rebel by kicking out at the prick, and this would result in the prick being driven even further into its flesh. In essence, the more an ox rebelled, the more it suffered. Thus, Jesus’ words to Saul on the road to Damascus: “It is hard for you to kick against the pricks.”
When we choose to disobey God, we become like the rebellious ox—driving the goad deeper and deeper. “The way of the unfaithful is hard” (Proverbs 13:15). How much better to heed God’s voice, to listen to the pangs of conscience! By resisting God’s authority we are only punishing ourselves.

or GUYS, do you want to tell me you don't wake up in the middle of the night and cry about your miserable state...the anger, the frustration, the sorrow, the emptiness you experienced...BUT I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU...JESUS STILL LOVE YOU TO COME AND ACCEPT HIM...eventhough there are so many things you don't understand about him...but as you walk with him..it will become very clear with time and the end of the day...you will laugh at your foolishness of the past...HE LOVES YOU...

1 Like

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by johnydon22(m): 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
dd12345:
@johnydon22 and other humanist,liberal,freethinker and atheist in the house...it still amaze me now why atheist who hate God but spend all their life talking, worrying, lamenting against God ...they talk and think of God more the the Christians who believe and love God...the bible says We cant do nothing against the truth but for the truth...God told SAUL in act 26:14... It is hard for you to kick against the pricks...
Question: "What does it mean to kick against the pricks?"

Ok i really thougt i could ignore this but i have to reply to correct your daftness and shallow mindedness that have riddled you wit fallacious assumptions.

First atheists, agnostics etc do not hate any God(s) they are just myths, people dont hate myths just like i wont accuse you of hating God (horus).
saying anybody hate your idea of God is a fallacious statement and most will find it offensive so please refrain from it.

Nairaland is a public forum, so i enjoy coming here to argue amd most of all make people like you think outside the box of the religion they have been indoctrinated into but clearly you are just here to troll threads, make stu.pid assumptions...
dd12345:

Answer: “It is hard for you to kick against the pricks” was a Greek proverb, but it was also familiar to the Jews and anyone who made a living in agriculture. An ox goad was a stick with a pointed piece of iron on its tip used to prod the oxen when plowing. The farmer would prick the animal to steer it in the right direction. Sometimes the animal would rebel by kicking out at the prick, and this would result in the prick being driven even further into its flesh. In essence, the more an ox rebelled, the more it suffered. Thus, Jesus’ words to Saul on the road to Damascus: “It is hard for you to kick against the pricks.”
When we choose to disobey God, we become like the rebellious ox—driving the goad deeper and deeper. “The way of the unfaithful is hard” (Proverbs 13:15). How much better to heed God’s voice, to listen to the pangs of conscience! By resisting God’s authority we are only punishing ourselves.

or GUYS, do you want to tell me you don't wake up in the middle of the night and cry about your miserable state...the anger, the frustration, the sorrow, the emptiness you experienced...BUT I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU...JESUS STILL LOVE YOU TO COME AND ACCEPT HIM...eventhough there are so many things you don't understand about him...but as you walk with him..it will become very clear with time and the end of the day...you will laugh at your foolishness of the past...HE LOVES YOU...

And now i wonder if all the mumbo jumbos you yarned above makes sense to you but let me correct a rediculous notion.

@At the bolded is a very wrong assumption and i beg you again to.desist from it we all know lying is wrong so please stop it.

A myth is a myth no matter how much you believe it, we just call myths what they are which is myth. you choose to believe one myth over others is your business.

You can never imagine the freedom, peace and happiness we feel realizing these myths and unshackling ourselves from it.

If i tell you that you feel an emptiness because you reject krishna and that krishna loves you and wants you to come to him am sure you will be offended, so please do not assume such of me or anyone.

[size=20] we choose to live in reality and not myth. the freedom and peace is unmatched[/size]

Wallow in your delusion its no business of mine... now stop trolling this thread...

2 Likes

Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by davien(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
macof:

Ok, are u having a nice day?
yes I am, you?
Re: Am atheist Have A Dream by brocab: 12:53am On Feb 28, 2015
Of course God exist, without God people wouldn't exist.

It's down grating when we here this same story about the body of Christ globally' not allowing the word of God, to be spoken out for all the world to hear the voice of the Lord, as it's written in the bible.

It's down grating to see Sin had fulfilled the body, allowing the pastors, preachers and priest, some 30-60-100 fold, twisting, teaching and preaching, not the word of God, but a lie from Satan, given man a new doctrine, wolves in sheep clothing have chosen to rip off God's people in tithes and offerings.

2 Corinthians 11: 13-14, "For such as false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

Sad as it sounds, people prefer to believe this lie on tithing from the pulpit, then to believe the truth from the word of God.

Deuteronomy 15:7-8, "If there is among you a poor man of your brethren, within any of your gates of your land, which the Lord your God is given you, you shall not harden your heart nor shut your hand from your poor brother.
But you shall open your hand wide to him and willingly lend him sufficient for his need, what ever he needs.

God didn't do wrong, God made away, for people like you.

Matthew 25:35-36, "For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, "I was nxxed and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.
One person at a time.

Amen
johnydon22:
We want more hospitals built and not magnificent churches with golden altars

We want good deeds done (lend a helping hand to someone out there) and not clasp them in prayers that solves nothing.
(two hands working achieves more than a thousand clasped in prayers)

We want donations and supplies to the poor, displaced, hunger stricken, famine effected people even in nigeria and east africa and not tithes paid to a pastor on suit with private jets and pot belly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists ! You Are Going To Hell ! / Murder Is Not Wrong As Long As There Is A God! / What If Mark Zuckerberg Is An African Voodoo Priest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.