Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 (35026 Views)

Tiwa Savage Poses For Elle Magazine South Africa / Tiwa Savage Stuns At The Elle Style Awards (photos) / OMG! Yetunde Bustline Oduwole Breaks Down In Tears Curses Ex-bf Baba Tee (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Raxxye(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
That's a feat!
At age 12, I barely knew who a First lady is, let alone talk with her or invite her to give a speech. I couldnt even make a complete sentence in spoken English. I could read fluently, but you wouldn't know, on listening to me, that I wasn't understanding what I was reading(we were taught in my native dialect throughout Primary school) My upbringing in a remote village didn't help matters at all. I was a laughing stock the first time I stepped my foot in the city. They laughed because I could only understand what was spoken to me, but couldn't utter a word even in pidgin English!
Six years later, however, I won the first prize in an all-secondary schools essay writing competition in the state! I came second the following year in the same competition!

In addition, my SSCE result was the best anyone had in my school since inception until then.
Furthermore, I am presently looking forward to obtaining a doctorate degree before age 40. This, for me, is also a feat; to have put all the setbacks behind me and excelled. Congrats to me and the little girl!

3 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Adyrin(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thank God she was not among .... #bringbackourgirls!

Congrats Nigeria.......

All thanks to GEJs administration for showing the feminine gender the light......

GEJ till buhari returns with his certificate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
pretydiva:
Dis is really impressive. Dis is 2 show dat gud things can actually come frm dis country
if you check well , her parents may perhaps be citizens of the western countries. We love being identified with good things , yet majority of us are not ready to do , behave and live good.

2 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by eluquenson(m): 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thank God she's a Nigerian and Ijebu by origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
Psalmwise:
undecidedAmerican Presidency wow...am marvelled on how she wanna achieve dat...,with her yoruba surname...
Y not nigerian presidency...,contesting beside buhari and jonathan

What does 'Yoruba' surname has to do with a political office in US?

2 Likes

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by yemicoal(m): 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
pretydiva:
Dis is really impressive. Dis is 2 show dat gud things can actually come frm dis country
Was she raised in this country?? undecided
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Brymo: 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
watching the interveiw, a dumbass movie
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
Kudos to the parents. I believe parents of such should be recognise too due to the fact that without their supports, such achievements may not come to reality. It's a good one too from her. God bless Nigeria.........Buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1200 only. Call: 08107873795. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
gurunlocker:
She is pretty cool

Hmmmmm.

Be careful.
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
Lilyomi:
12 yr old? N I'm yet to interview my Hall president? I'm jealous o. Anyway is a gr8 achievement. Hope most kids wl learn from her.
The one up prevented ne frm bn named the first to comment.

You can learn from her too. smiley
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by gurunlocker: 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
missbronze:

Hmmmmm.

Be careful.

Huh? why?
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by centjamie(m): 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
Sarimah:
woow

I'm marveled

Same here

How have you have been?
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by ShootingStar88(m): 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
nice
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by timota(m): 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
missbronze:
Wow.

That's a nice one for my country.

I love that her name.., Zuriel.

who knows the meaning, Abeg?

Long live Nigeria..!!
Proudly one!!!
the name means God is my rock
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by nortcentrallord(m): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2015
This is a shining light in Nigeria. Look what responsible parents turned their young charp into and not some irresponsible Parents who advice their 8 year old to go meddle in politics by donating their savings to power hungry politicians forgetting that these same politicians have their kids schooling abroad.

Parents, teach your kids what is good @ the right time for you will be asked @ the judgment throne what you did with God precious gift kept under your guidance.

1 Like

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Psalmwise(m): 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
No...,cos I too planned on becoming nigerian by 18 and take over the world by 25
yemicoal:
Was she raised in this country?? undecided
Am twenty sumtin naw...,still planning to
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
Muhammadkhan:
Why waste ur mb to check this shit.
. Click my signature to start making $500 daily , without spending a kobo, register to get ur free website , send ur brothers, sisters, friends and church members to join you.
They will also get their free website to start making money and fight jobless.
It is absolutely free, you have nothing to loose. An investment free opportunity, try it and pass testimony to others. Click my signature to get access now!
ok this topic na poo because you wanna advertise? undecided Ok no comment

1 Like

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
If she was from one part of nigeria some ppl wont let us rest. this thread would have had 30 pages of "we lead others follow" or "daughter of the soil" or "up **********" by now. Congrats to her

1 Like

Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by nortcentrallord(m): 2:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
What a positive Feat. And some will say western education is bad. Some are bound to be great why others are bound to wallow in darkness and beliefs of darkness till they meet their end.
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by SamuelAgent(m): 2:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
American president huh? Great.

Dreams are the clouds we humans fly...until REALITY shoots you down.

I'm an optimistic realist.

I believe the same was said of Barrack Obama.

If she can dream it, she can achieve it.

#DREAMSDOCOMETRUE
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Psalmwise:
Is it possible sha,if she were to grow up in Nigeria cos I dnt tink have heard her name before, lolx when I was her age I was still struggLing for first position in jss1/jss2.
12yrs old pikin...,nah exposure..,if u check her parents are big wigs and nt 9ja based they gat d money to fund her...,12yr oldpikin wey growup for ajcity or mushin fit get time dey do activist(powerful people) cos I no knw ow e wan take impact world, unless e wan turn suicide bomber(farouk).

Buh 9ce wan sha ...,
Go dey tap palm wine abeg cheesy
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by tonychristopher: 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Gboliwe:
See life!
A 12year old smallie is referred to as a woman but try calling a 35year old Nigerian female a woman, all hell will be let loose cheesy grin

Nigerians! Good people, Funny people and a Great nation. grin

any single woman that is been refered to as woman is woman indeed meaning she is now old school in new painting

NIAIJA BABES
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by debbydee(f): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
DonTeamie:
grin cheesy

Interesting......

She's My Younger sister tho

cheesy

I know u won't believe Me

i dont believe you
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Sarimah(f): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
centjamie:

Same here

How have you have been?
fine you?
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Southernpalms: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
Invest in The Future, Invest in Lekki.
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Tallesty1(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
Sarimah:
fine you?
You appeared Today?
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by mulattoclaro(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
yemicoal:
I hope some of our naija ladies can see this, be recognized for something real not recognition as that lady that opens her leg to every dick and harry
exactly.
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by freezyprinzy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
was still running around naked wen I was 12 but c this 1 best of luck 2 her
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Sarimah(f): 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
Tallesty1:
You appeared Today?
I appear everyday smiley
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by thaoriginator: 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
Correct girl.. No be all these agbaya mamas in here wey dey form ITK
Re: Elle Magazine Lists Zuriel Oduwole Among The Most Powerful Women In 2014 by Muhammadkhan: 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
booqee:
ok this topic na poo because you wanna advertise? undecided Ok no comment
do u know zuriel oduwole or did he knew u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wizkid's Photo & Logo On Tanzanian Bus / #bbnaija: Lolu And Anto Look Smitten In New Photos / Yvonne Jegede Fawole Looking Fabulous In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.