Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:16 AM

Pls. Advice Needed - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pls. Advice Needed (504 Views)

He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls. Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2015
I have a cousin who just lost his wife. Dude is in his mid-fourties, while the wife was in her early fourties. They got married 6 yrs ago (native law and custom). The woman died without having any child for my cousin. Before they got married she bought a land with the documents in her maiden name. After their marriage, both she and my cousin built a bungalow on the land and bought a car. Now that she is dead, her family has asked my cousin to surrender the keys to both the house and the car since their sister did not have any issue for him before she died. The documents of the land and car are both in her maiden name. The problem my cousin is having now is that they didn't have a court or white wedding with a certificate to back up the union in case any legal issue arises. The woman was an Isoko while my cousin is Urhobo. Pls, I need advice on the way forward for him.
Re: Pls. Advice Needed by phabuloz(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2015
Two things that I av learnt: first never buy anything in a woman's name,secondly never buy a thing in a woman's name cos anything can happen @any given time
Re: Pls. Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 26, 2015
He should surrender d belongings 2 dem and move on. By d way, wat was he doin wen his wife was acquiring those properties? He sit down fold arms abi, dat y I dislike urhobo men, they re too lazy, always dependin on d woman.
Re: Pls. Advice Needed by Mikwus(f): 10:27am On Feb 26, 2015
phabuloz:
Two things that I av learnt: first never buy anything in a woman's name,secondly never buy a thing in a woman's name cos anything can happen @any given time

Did you read it...........He said she bought the land and she did so in her maiden name...........The guy na broke ass, let him move out, they were never married, just live in lovers

(1) (Reply)

What Does Being Nigerian Mean To You? / . / 8 Year Old Girl Speaks 8 Languages!! [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.