Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london (31380 Views)

A Day At Abuja House, London / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by alaoeri: 7:10am On Feb 27, 2015
udemzyudex:
shocked you call that interesting and honest? Where questions was screen? Hmmmm.
What about GEJ that used to bluff in presidential media chats, compare GEJ chats & GMB's, spot the different & you will see they ain't in same lane.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by alaoeri: 7:11am On Feb 27, 2015
xest:
u guys r blind wit yr eyes open. A match in wat sense? All of u clamouring for buhari I pity u all.
In terms of leadership skills GEJ doesn't near GMB in all ramifications.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by cjeriia: 7:14am On Feb 27, 2015
oneagleswings:
Story for the gods.mstwwwweeee.let me ask, did this bihari of a man think Nigerians to be fools? He should rather think well. we want a brain that can reason like a normal human being and not one that cannot even show an ordinary certificate. Where is his integrity then?
& hw do u prove he can't think like a normal human being.. Reason intelligently 4 once man. Certificates don't make good leaders.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by callmelanner(m): 7:15am On Feb 27, 2015
VcStunner:
you know better my dear, truth is Buhari could only rehearse the scripts which aides ofcourse took days to prepare him for, time will come wen he will have to quote those words again, or some journalist will have to remind him. The Buhari I knw has no current ambition of his own, he's an actor whose job is to interprete the greed of selected frustrated politicians. A̶̲̥̅♏ sticking with transformation. You've asked urself why the Rep members in APC have not yet moved for the slash of their jumbo bonuses if trully this is a genuine "change"? Obama sang change and d world is not disappointed yet, Tinubu sang change and we already questioning it, even you! cheesy stop decieving urself and wake up. I belong to no party and I don't even hav a PVC to start with
how won't u have PVC? u r one of d reasons Nigeria is not moving forward... Words only, no action! Just like u

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 27, 2015
ckmayoca:
*weeps* so touchy

Mehnn!!!! I thought that was only me. Just could not hold back the tears!

SaiBuhari for Life!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by papaejima1: 7:20am On Feb 27, 2015
medamillion:

Absurdity is when your fellow youths died in immigration recruitment scam and they call you to come back again and you still go.

Daftness is when you also believe that "Ordinary" stealing is not corruption when our trillions are being embezzled day by day.

Insanity is when you vote because of tribal and religious differences and not based on integrity.

Psychosis is when you watch TAN adverts and come here to shout GEJ till...

Professor Osinbajo said, and I quote "If a government has to advertise what it has been doing for six years; it has not been working".

Only an unbrainwashed fellow can understand the irony of this statement.

Dead On Arrival.

Apparently your Osinbajo is learned but not educated and same applies to you.
What does Obama do in his annual state of the union address to the US people?

He advertises his achievements in key areas like jobs, immigration, healthcare, welfare and economy.

What does he do in his weekly addresses to the nation?
You and Osinbajo should go find out before displaying your ignorance to the world.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:22am On Feb 27, 2015
xest:
I knw is either u ar an undergraduate or a jambite. Do u tink it was buhari dt wrote dt speech? Is he more learned than jonathan? Ur ideal president for u n ur family,kindred n entire village.
I'm not ur mate little boy..... I finished university right before you were born out of wedlock.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by yankit(m): 7:36am On Feb 27, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
SUMMARY OFBUHARI FULL SPEECH IN CHATAM HOUSE WITH QUEEN ELIZABETH COMING LATE TO THE HOUSE

permit me to say that with deep gratitude, i general muhammed okechukwu temitope buhari will work very hard to stabulise the price of crude oil in the market and i will end kworupsion and reduce the price of garri in the market, and i will also end the insurgency of boko haram and will make all the single ladies to get married this year by fire by force.

Thanks for listening to my story

signed- buhari aka the man with no certificate
"
what you do others they shall do same to you" that's the golden rule.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by mrkings84(m): 7:38am On Feb 27, 2015
justhelp:
It just a pity that some people some where does not want Nigeria to move forward, its a simple fact that Gej happen to be our president by mistake and his destiny, he did not have the leadership skills and attributes to be our President not even the vice president, that is why he could not command respect in his own cabinet, when he talks they will not take him serious or how can you explain the immigration employment scam under GEJ he even as them to return the money they refuse, almost all his minister are corrupt cos they feel his also corrupt no one took him serious, now they are begging Nigeria youth to apply for the same immigration exercise they duped us.

If you are a youth of this great country and you really want to live a meaningful life no one will tell you not to vote GEJ i mean your school of thought must have, if you dont want your unborn child to go through the hardship you are going through no one will tell you to vote out GEJ your instinct must have, if you really know that change is inevitable and it is possible we can achieve it, this is the right time for you to fight for what is just and right.

I did not collect a dime from any political party, but come to think of something, when do you think we the people of Nigeria will benefit from democracy ? our govt teacher told us that when the ruling party has strong opposition they will be forced to work or else they will loose next election then they will also become opposition, the new ruling party have no choice than to deliver. they will be exposing their weaknesses and corrupt acts, until these happens the people will never benefit from Democracy.

God really want to answer our prayer and wants to deliver us from PDP that is why He gave us GEJ knowing that he will make the party weaker and allow opposition to gain ground, this wouldn't have possible if we have more intelligent president like OBJ, this is the first time in the history of Nigeria democracy when the ruling party do not want election to hold because they will loose with a wide margin, so God Loves us all in this country but some of these youth are blind to see the positive side of this Change, even if APC failed, the new opposition party will campaign against them then we vote them out again before you know it one of them will fixed our power problem or refineries, we cant just continue like this and pretend as if things are okay.
GEJ has failed, he knows that that is why his is looking for ways to right his wrong at this injury time, but sorry Nigerians minds are made up, they want Change because change is constant.
u speak as though u have a thousand heads, man speak for used. gej may not be d right choice but I tell u that gmb is never a better option either.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by datribune: 7:52am On Feb 27, 2015
eaglechild:

It is not about the desire to vote.

It is about your vote actually counting.

If your vote does not count, then your desire to vote does not matter.

Votes count?. What about Ekiti?. We'll vote & hope 4 d best. d renewed interest in voting dis time around is because d people know dat they can't go on dis way & they must take their destiny in their hands if they ar to survive. d conditions ar too harsh 4 ordinary nigerians. Under dis govt, d poor gets poorer & d rich gets richer. We will vote & hope dat our votes will be so massive dat what happened in Ekiti can not be replicated.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by VellyG(m): 8:03am On Feb 27, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Does GEJ have the brains to make a speech of this nature ? Pls Vote wisely...This is the ideal president for you, me and Nigeria as a whole.
Sai Buhari.
He has been cramming the speech since he arrived London. The reason why he hasn't been seen in public since he came to London.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by saheedandu(m): 8:03am On Feb 27, 2015
for me ooo, am voting buhari/jimi agbaje...change from top to bottom
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by rashygenius: 8:03am On Feb 27, 2015
ajebuter:
Buhari read all this script and long epistle?

I'm sure the cows and goats must be proud of their certificate less owner..

Shay! Make him go take his injection and medicine oh!
I don talk my own oh
U sure say u don use ur tablets
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by nortcentrallord(m): 8:10am On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=ceejayclas post=31101505][/quote]
Nice written speech. All thanks to Osibanjo for this great piece.
On Boko haram, he forgot to mention his fight and call to ICJ about GEJ committing genocide in the North when GEJ almost nipped it in the bud with Ihejirika which eventually lead to the laters retirement and made US to refuse selling weapons to Nigeria which eventually led to the fall of Baga and others

On his military rule, Everybody knows he should take responsibility but apologizing shows he did certain wrong and he accepts it and ask for forgiveness.

On corruption, he promised not to work with any corrupt individual but all those he is working with right now are they clean of corruption? Considering 50percent of his close supporter in APC right now we're thesame people that dragged this country back to this point we are now under PDP or he meant he won't work with corrupt people with the definition of corrupt being those convicted

On Democratic fairness and accountability, he promised to be fair and be accountable yet has not done the simple need full of requesting for the said possessed certificate from Cambridge even now that he is in the UK.

On the opening speech, he thanked Chatam house for inviting him to speak. But one of Chatam house correspondents said he wasn't on their schedule as @ last week but was booked at the die minute to give a speech and that it was lawful since Chatam house is independent body and has provision for booking die minute schedule. But APC as at last week alleged that their candidate was invited to speak at Chatam house.

To be more objective now, what has he promised to do that GEJ is not already doing?

Change as defined by the dictionary is to put or take (a thing) in place of something else; substitute for, replace with, or transfer to another of a similar kind... mark the last part, "another similar kind.

Change is a two way thing. Can be backward or forward but transformation is gradual and ever positively forward.

Change is immediate while transformations gradual.
Ask yourselves this question, do you really believe change is achievable in African democracy? I believe transformation can be achieved as it be gradual both on the physical and on the ideal level of an average Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by udemzyudex(m): 8:12am On Feb 27, 2015
alaoeri:

What about GEJ that used to bluff in presidential media chats, compare GEJ chats & GMB's, spot the different & you will see they ain't in same lane.
you didn't watch Buhari speak bro,he was just mumbling sometimes he keep mute for more than 10seconds just to answer a question,you need to see the way that man sitting close to him was just looking at him....
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by blakky97(m): 8:13am On Feb 27, 2015
my nigga my leader
the man is sound
no time for a smiling person on army uniform.
this is real business.
ride on Buhari.
we have decided.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by akwunmi(m): 8:21am On Feb 27, 2015
I LOV SAI BUHARI N HIS WORDS..."Let me say without sounding defensive that dictatorship goes with military rule" TO ALL D MUMUS ANTI BUHARI.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by alaoeri: 8:26am On Feb 27, 2015
udemzyudex:
you didn't watch Buhari speak bro,he was just mumbling sometimes he keep mute for more than 10seconds just to answer a question,you need to see the way that man sitting close to him was just looking at him....
Maybe we watch different chat because the one I watched GMB was impressive compare to GEJ.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 27, 2015
prekumohtim:
Reading a speech that's written by somebody else is very easy. It makes the listeners think that you are damnly brilliant. Give him a mic & remove the speech..let him talk freely. I promise u say NEPA go take light
U were obviously too dumb to see the Q & A
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by Bobbybube(m): 9:00am On Feb 27, 2015
I want to state very clearly that I have received nothing from any presidential aspirant.however,as a nigerian youth I have been moved to speak out.
If u are in nigeria,u queue up in a line for hours(cos of fuel scarcity) to buy unsubsidized fuel;u get home and charge your phone with a generator(cos there is no power)and yet you type vote GEJ on the internet....my friend,are you alright??
GEJ can never make a speech like this..This man here is talking facts,simple and straight to the point.A man of action.A speech that brings hope.GEJ keeps talking about power plants that are not working.condenming boko haram actions.lamenting and complaining.with no clear intention or vision and a road map to get there.which kind of president keeps talking on and on yet we see no tangible changes.
Buhari has outlined his aims,steps and how to go about them clearly in his speech:security,economy and unemployment,and corruption.believe you me these are the major problems Nigeria is facing

Vote wisely

Chistian or muslim shouldn't matter,tribe or sentiments shouldn't matter.what matters is that Nigeria gets better..
We need change..change is paramount..Nigeria must b better
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by Gasout(m): 9:03am On Feb 27, 2015
No going back, sai Buhari...very,very insightful
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by ekolina(m): 9:07am On Feb 27, 2015
He actually agreed Nigeria is the largest economy in African. All tanx to Mr President...GEJ 2019. #NeverAgain# will Buhari oversee Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by Nazcoj(m): 9:11am On Feb 27, 2015
well scripted...
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by Bobbybube(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2015
ekolina:
He actually agreed Nigeria is the largest economy in African. All tanx to Mr President...GEJ 2019. #NeverAgain# will Buhari oversee Nigeria
it seems u didn't get his statement. He said Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa.But he also said in essence that our economy does not translate to the daily lives of people around us.
Biggest economy in africa yet we have terrible rates of poverty and unemployment
He also said we have two economies:one for the few rich,the other for the numerous masses.money keeps getting missing.funds are always embezelled.pensioniers always lamenting.politicians keep buying private jets and armoured vehicles....yet some people can't eat..yet our soldiers don't have weapons to defend the country..yet our war planes keep crashing cos they are old and dilapidated.

Choose wisely...Nigeria deserves to be better
Six years is enough for us to see visible changes in the country
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by joeyekembele: 9:43am On Feb 27, 2015
Buhari has relegated Nigeria in the comity of nations. When has it being heard or conceived that an aspiring president of a sovereign nation went to another nation to canvass for support? USA has had elections severally. UK and the rest hold elections also. But never a time any nation has done this. It is a show of inferiority complex believing and behaving in a manner that UK is superior and determines who becomes what is Nigeria.
To crown it, the expression and spoken English of the illiterate general would have made them think that all Nigerians are the same. They would say does it mean that Nigeria is this backward that no sound person is qualified to vie for the post but this cattle rearer? Too bad.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by buggaboo: 10:01am On Feb 27, 2015
He has a talented speech writer.

"the corrupt will get no appointments in my administration"

This part got me scratching my head though.
He is currently trying to ride to power on the shoulders of corrupt men.
Is he saying that he'll cut all ties to tinubu, amaechi e.t.c once they manage to get him into power?
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by gememerald(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2015
OLUJAY4REAL:

I actually watched him facing down for about 90% of the speech time trying to read the script. I felt the shame that he was the best APC could presnt among the myriads of learned in its custody!!

Even obama looks at the written speech, whenever he is making a speech. He doesn't have to cram and recite it for anyone to hear. He spoke logically and convincingly, except anyone wants to shove that fact aside. The man goes straight to the point he has no time for merry-go-rounding.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by favourelisha(m): 10:27am On Feb 27, 2015
This is complete rubbish.
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by jaybee(f): 10:27am On Feb 27, 2015
VcStunner:
you know better my dear, truth is Buhari could only rehearse the scripts which aides ofcourse took days to prepare him for, time will come wen he will have to quote those words again, or some journalist will have to remind him. The Buhari I knw has no current ambition of his own, he's an actor whose job is to interprete the greed of selected frustrated politicians. A̶̲̥̅♏ sticking with transformation. You've asked urself why the Rep members in APC have not yet moved for the slash of their jumbo bonuses if trully this is a genuine "change"? Obama sang change and d world is not disappointed yet, Tinubu sang change and we already questioning it, even you! cheesy stop decieving urself and wake up. I belong to no party and I don't even hav a PVC to start with

Put it the way you want: gej (PhD) can not even rehearse what his statutorily paid legion of aids take years to prepare better than GMB the 'certificateless'! what an irony!
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by nellyjohn: 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Does GEJ have the brains to make a speech of this nature ? Pls Vote wisely...This is the ideal president for you, me and Nigeria as a whole.
Sai Buhari.
U and I know that Buhari can't write this speech. And am sure he has reharsed the written speech over and over again before addressing the house but GEJ can write his speech and also address the house without any written speech.
Anyway, am sure the people he read the address to won't understand because of his pronunciation problem. Let's vote wisely
Sai GEJ
Re: Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london by danieljmt: 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
AHA ITS time to say Bye Bye jonathan Badluck and WELCOME OUR HERO TO ASO ROCK. MHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Demdem:

Applause !!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty / Saraki And Ekweremadu Granted Conditional Bail / Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia's Corpse Arrives Benin Aboard Federal Aircraft. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.