Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) (40818 Views)

Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Kolawole Oyeyem - Chapel Of Uncommon Grace (CUG) / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / British Agency Clears WINNERS CHAPEL Of N3.4bn Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by stevewale(m): 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
The Economics and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Thursday February 19, 2015 arraigned one Chief Felix Ogbebor before Justice B. O. Quadri of the Federal High Court, Port Harcourt, on 8-count charge bordering on conspiracy, forgery, and obtaining money by false pretence to the tune of Seventy Seven Million Naira (N77, 000, 0000.00).

The accused allegedly obtained the sum of Seventy Seven Million Naira from the Living Faith Church (Winners Chapel), Stadium Road branch, Port Harcourt for twelve and half plots of land situated at Uyo Street, Rumumasi and Port Harcourt

He allegedly presented several forged documents to support the claim of ownership of the said land. But the unsuspecting church which wanted the land to build its new worship center paid the sum of Seventy Seven Million Naira (N77, 000,000.000) to the accused.

However, when they attempted to take possession of the land, they were stopped. One Professor Ebi Awotua Efebo came with documents, showing that the land in question belongs to him. The documents showed that he bought the land from one Chief Nelson Chukwu as far back as 1990.

One of the counts read, “that you Chief Felix Ogbebor sometime in March, 2011 at Port Harcourt within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, with intent to defraud, did obtain the sum of Seventy Seven Million Naira (N77,000,000.00) only from the registered trustees of Living Church (Winners Chapel, Stadium Road, Port Harcourt) being payment made to you as owner of the piece of land lying and situate along Uyo street (Ohia Mini Apu), Rumuomasi, Obio Akpo Local Government Area of Rivers State, measuring an area of 4211.769sq.m, a pretext you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 1 (1) (a) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act 2006 and punishable under section 1 (3) of the same Act”.

He, however, pleaded not guilty.
In view of the plea of the defendant, the prosecuting counsel, J.N Dogonyaro asked for a trial date and prayed the court to remand the accused in the EFCC custody. But defence counsel, R.E. Wanogho formally presented a bail application and urged the court to grant the accused bail.
Justice Quadri adjourned the matter to February 24, 2015 for ruling on bail application and remanded the accused in EFCC custody.

source: http://www.talkofnaija.com/local/man-arrested-for-duping-winners-chapel-of-n77million

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by AmakaDNB(f): 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
Nawa. This old man ni

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by PastorKun(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
I am not impressed after all winner's chapel also obtained most of the money by false pretence as well.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Jeromejnr(m): 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
PastorKun:
I am not impressed after all winner's chapel also obtained most of the money by false pretence as well.

So now I can see where your anti-tithing issue comes from.

Abeg, keep your opinions to yourself and stop meddling in things you are are not sure about. I'm sure you don't even attend their services enough to know what goes in around there.

That church has been a blessing to massive amounts of Christians. Carry your own belief and be a blessing to and maybe people will know if your opinions are of God or not.

Oga repent. Cause I've seen things happen to people who talked ill especially about the overseer.

P.S: I hate it when people just assume things because they heard other people say something and they didn't go to experience or find out for themselves if its true or not.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by PastorKun(m): 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Abeg, keep your opinions to yourself and stop meddling in things you are are not sure about. I'm sure you don't even attend their services enough to know what goes in around there.

That church has been a blessing to massive amounts of Christians. Carry your own belief and be a blessing to and maybe people will know if your opinions are of God or not.

Oga repent. Cause I've seen things happen to people who talked ill especially about the overseer.

P.S: I hate it when people just assume things because they heard other people say something and they didn't go to experience or find out for themselves if its true or not.

Keep deluding yourself, one thing is certain, Oyedepo is a pious fraudster and he definitely is not serving God but hiss own greedy pockets.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by brocab: 7:14am On Feb 28, 2015
P'S Quote-I hate it when people assume things because of other peoples say?
No' people can't assume the word of God, and if you are choosing to follow after pagan religion, then you will be rewarded under pagan religion.
Jeromejnr:

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by tartar9(m): 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
but why na?the theivery chain must be continued its a law of nature

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
undecided

WHY WOULD THEY ARREST AN INNOCENT MAN WHILE THEY ALLOW THE FRAUDSTER IN CHIEF OYEDEPO WHO SCAMS GULLIBLE NIGERIANS EVERY SUNDAY WALK FREE

THE GATE KEEPER OF HELL IS ONLY HAVING A SHARE OF HIS MASSIVE SCAMS. BILLIONS HAVE BEEN RIPPED FROM POOR AND GULLIBLE MASSES IN TITHES AND OFFERINGS WITH THE PROMISE OF A BETTER LIFE IN HEAVEN.

THE PROCEEDS OF HIS BIBLICAL SCAMS IS USED TO FUND HIS LUXURIOUS LIFE WHILE THE CONGREGATION WALLOW IN POVERTY

HE BUILDS SCHOOLS FROM THE PROCEEDS OF HIS BIBLICAL FRAUD WHICH MANY MEMBERS CANNOT AFFORD.

I DON'T BLAME THIS MAN. HE IS JUST DIGGING HIS HAND INTO THE POOL OF UNENDING SEEDS SOWN WEEKLY BY GULLIBLE RELIGIOUS SLAVES

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by siraj1402(m): 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
The man only took his own part of the national cake given to the Churches, after all they are all business ventures.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by imsuboi(m): 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
Isn't that what Winners' Chapel has been thriving on?

Cooperate thieves undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Sezua(m): 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
..nawa oh
Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by MARKone(m): 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
That mug shot tho grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by philtex(m): 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jesssssssssssus :O #shocked.

In Order Lose

#GEJ_Till_2019 smiley cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by bigv(m): 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
Huh?
Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by CaptainAmerica1: 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hell fire things

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by bright007(f): 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
chaii.....theifrry

but wait ooo but stealing is not corruption naaa.....so why was he taken to court

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by onosprince(m): 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
Dat defence counsel na my ex babe father, so him dey defend criminals abi

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Idrismusty97(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Both the church and the man should be arrested for duping... Thief Stealing from thieves makes no difference.

BTW was the holy spirit sleeping then? Why is the EFCC doing the work of god and the holy spirit.

5 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Youngzedd(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Observing in FHD

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Innodon(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by realGURU(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Why go to house of God and still, this awkard wickedness, stealing from money donated for poor and church activities ,
stealing only N77m. Why not look for a money business and join like this one in my signature and make that same 77m in US DOLLARS .
. Click my signature to start making $500 daily , without spending a kobo, register to get ur free website , send ur brothers, sisters, friends and church members to join you.
They will also get their free website to start making money and fight jobless.
It is absolutely free, you have nothing to loose. An investment free opportunity, try it and pass testimony to others. Click my signature to get access now!
Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by bigv(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Why would a church fall into such deceit, it's either the Holy spirit doesn't speak again or we have stopped or chosen not to hear Him speak.
The later I believe is the problem of the Church and it's leadership.
Why not sef, when all they do is look for politrickians to endorse. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Goddygee(m): 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
k, i day come, first of all make i buy dis land
Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by gen2briz(m): 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sharp man.
Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Lildreezy(m): 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
Gal 6:7, "be not decieved, God can't be mocked, what you sow, you will reap in due time".

God will never allow you to be defrauded, in Jesus name, amen. Like to claim it.

13 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by Lakayanah: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
That picture of the smart crook is not too clear are they trying to protect his identity?
Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by allanphash7(m): 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
Afterall is our tithe and offering plus our seeds now

Let d man go joor

We members are not complaining jawe

Our church get money no be small oo

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture) by ednut1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
tif dupe tif

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Uses Her School Fees To Sow Seed Of Faith In Church / South African Pastor Incites His Congregation Against Nigerians. Photos/Video / If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.