Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,179 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? (2440 Views)

How To Reduce Your Prepaid Meter Credit Consumption / Can I Start A Family With 70k? / Causes Of Pot-belly And How To Reduce It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by rago(m): 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hello,
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by MizMyColi(f): 2:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
It might seem like the sharpest thing to do.
I believe that there is a divine order of sorts at play in our lives, though we're mostly responsible for the path we choose ultimately.
That you are where you are now at this stage is not largely a coincidence.
Patience and sincerity of heart definitely pays, even though you might be deemed foolish and dull by most.

Since you've started out using your real age, skewing it now might lead to a serious undermine of your integrity, especially when you direly need to uphold it.
That others have gone away with it doesn't necessarily mean it'd be same for you, especially seeing as you're bothered about it.
The choice is largely yours to make.

My brother, after all is said and done, even when it seems like things and people are not aligning in your favour, it pays to be sincere, genuine and true to self.

All the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by rago(m): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
MizMyColi:
I believe that there is a divine order of sorts at play in our lives, though we're mostly responsible for the path we choose ultimately.
Patience and sincerity of heart definitely pays, even though you might be deemed foolish and dull by most.

Since you've started out using your real age, skewing it now might lead to a serious undermine of your integrity, especially when you direly need to uphold it.
That others have gone away with it doesn't necessarily mean it'd be same for you, especially seeing as you're bothered about it.

My brother, after all is said and done, even when it seems like things and people are not aligning in your favour, it pays to be sincere, genuine and true to self.

All the best.

thnks. this is obviously one of d finest pieces of advice av ever received. wat m mostly in awe of is ur inspiring open-mindedness and a godly character that depicts God's own- HIS GIFT TO MANKIND OF 'FREE WILL'.

THNK U MA'AM. wink
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by MizMyColi(f): 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
rago:

thnks. this is obviously one of d finest pieces of advice av ever received. wat m mostly in awe of is ur inspiring open-mindedness and a godly character that depicts God's own- HIS GIFT TO MANKIND OF 'FREE WILL'.

THNK U MA'AM. wink

Lol @Ma'am

You're welcome.
Again, after all is said and done, to each, his own path.
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by rago(m): 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol @Ma'am

You're welcome.
Again, after all is said and done, to each, his own path.

M SURE ITS BEST TO B HONEST
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Qualer: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

All the best.

chai! nwa, biko marry me now, so kam nwee udo na ime obi. inugo
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by MizMyColi(f): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
Qualer:

chai! nwa, biko marry me now, so kam nwee udo na ime obi. inugo

Lol
I'm taking sometime off that scene.

smileyThanks @Compliment smiley
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Qualer: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol

but maka why, ehn? please leave that break room bia gbaa m ukwu na eze, ka anyi maluzie way forward. biko!
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by MizMyColi(f): 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
Qualer:

but maka why, ehn? please leave that break room bia gbaa m ukwu na eze, ka anyi maluzie way forward. biko!

Lol
If you've been where I've been, you'd advice me to take a looong breakgrin

Biko, Ka'anyi bizie okwu eba owink
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Qualer: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol
If you've been where I've been, you'd advice me to take a looong breakgrin

Biko, Ka'anyi bizie okwu eba owink

mhhhh! O di egwu o! Have it at the back of your mind that the smallest source of light can chase darkness away, no matter how heavy. I've been to a whooooole lot of places too. Ngwanu, agam enye gi number ekwenti m na mail, ginwa e textiziem nke gi ka wee gbatia okwu a na uzo di mma, inu! better pikin. Ikwere na nke a, zaa m 'iyoo'.
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by veave(f): 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
Mizmycoli na qualer. Anam afukwa unu n'aaabo grin grin grin

anyam na enwu ka tourch shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by MizMyColi(f): 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
veave:

hahahahahaha
Nne oo!!!

Enwero kwa much o.
Agba gom break na dat kyn okwu for nowgrin
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by veave(f): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

hahahahahaha
Nne oo!!!

Enwero kwa much o.

oooooo.
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Qualer: 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
veave:

babe lee! ifukwa this kind situation biko. Achiputaa mu onwem ukwu na ama, kama o ga ekpom na okpa na abo, the chikito a na aku dodging. nyelu maka gwa Mizmycoli na mua a fallugokwa genuinely in love with her o! Ka Chineke mezie okwu!
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Ewuro4: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
Do what's best for you as long as you have supporting documents to backup your claims.

Tell a Nigerian or Take your secrets to your grave. You know which to choose. wink

Good luck!
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by rago(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol

wat are u people talking about?
this is my thread, u had better tell me now, otherwise...lol..lol

buh really, wat is up?
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by rago(m): 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

hahahahahaha
Nne oo!!!

Enwero kwa much o.

miss, u are scaring me o..my thread!!!
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by veave(f): 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Qualer:

babe lee! ifukwa this kind situation biko. Achiputaa mu onwem ukwu na ama, kama o ga ekpom na okpa na abo, the chikito a na aku dodging. nyelu maka gwa Mizmycoli na mua a fallugokwa genuinely in love with her o! Ka Chineke mezie okwu!

Nwokem iji kwa di moni? grin grin grin

Oburo ogologo akuko ka eji ete ofe okporoko cool
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by prissyluv(f): 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
veave:

hahahaha. I just love this.
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Qualer: 1:51am On Feb 27, 2015
veave:

mmhh! Ijikwa okwu o, mana nke a aburodi maka ego. Uche m dia well well. Ifunugo onye ubiam ebe ana ere efi?
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Qualer: 1:54am On Feb 27, 2015
prissyluv:

Ô na ato gi, ina achi in chinese!
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by prissyluv(f): 3:27am On Feb 27, 2015
Qualer:

Ô na ato gi, ina achi in chinese!
Otogbulu atogbu.
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 27, 2015
There're legal consequences of falsifying gov't + non-gov't issued IDs & documents,
however since you're in Nigeria where little to no laws exist, you could get away with it.
Age falsification isn't new to Nigeria, but just because other people do it doesn't mean you
should follow suit. You could make your looking-and-feeling-young work to your advantage,
naturally, instead of being deceitful to get ahead or gain acceptance. Whatever floats your boat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by veave(f): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2015
Qualer:

mmhh! Ijikwa okwu o, mana nke a aburodi maka ego. Uche m dia well well. Ifunugo onye ubiam ebe ana ere efi?

grin grin grin
eziokwu di n'okwu a.
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by veave(f): 8:44am On Feb 27, 2015
prissyluv:

Nne kee ije? Ina enwudekwa fa?

grin
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by prissyluv(f): 9:41am On Feb 27, 2015
veave:

Nne kee ije? Ina enwudekwa fa?

grin
hahahahahaha.Nne,you are really funny ooo,eziokwu. Ihe a ka mu na agwa my dad ma obata olu otutu ubochi.
Adim nma,ana m enwude kwa ha nwa obere nwa obere.
Ke kwanu ka imere?
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by veave(f): 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
prissyluv:

hahahahahaha.Nne,you are really funny ooo,eziokwu. Ihe a ka mu na agwa my dad ma obata olu otutu ubochi.
Adim nma,ana m enwude kwa ha nwa obere nwa obere.
Ke kwanu ka imere?

adim ofuma nnnooo.
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by rago(m): 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
Yields:
There're legal consequences of falsifying gov't + non-gov't issued IDs & documents,
however since you're in Nigeria where little to no laws exist, you could get away with it.
Age falsification isn't new to Nigeria, but just because other people do it doesn't mean you
should follow suit. You could make your looking-and-feeling-young work to your advantage,
naturally, instead of being deceitful to get ahead or gain acceptance. Whatever floats your boat.

thnks so much dear
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by Spanishmilf(m): 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
rago:
Hello, the good people of Nairaland. i have to confess that there are a lot of elite, profoundly-smart, sophisticated men and women here on the forum.

u guys are amazing. .....taking a bow! smiley

I have a situation which i am confident u wonderful guys wud put me through right away. i learn a lot here. y'all deserve medals.

I am 29yrs and soon to be 30 in a couple months. but i look and feel way too young. I just ot admitted into the university (100L). the reason for ds is complicated and so its personal. the varsity has my real, true age.

The real issue is whether it wud make sense to start to reduce my age in every official business beyond the confines of my varsity and my studentship there, as the varsity already has my details including age in all of the personal data that i have submitted.

like for instance, may i reduce my age in applications for ID cards, drivers license, passport for travel, bank account opening and most importantly after graduation, may i be able to significantly reduce my age in the pursuit of employment. wud my employers not find out my true age from my university? is it possible they contact the institution and get a hold of my real age?

the point is that my university is the one that has in record of my true age. wud it be possible to reduce it in my other official engagements out there hence forth, without them finding out from the skool.

pls NL, i need all the pieces of advice and recommendation that i cud get.

PLS...matured advice.
tnks
Maaaad ooh
Re: Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? by sisisioge: 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
Hmmm...If you truly want to change your age now then you have to go all the way back including regularizing it with the school. Whatever age you choose now shall then be yours forever if you can:

1. Change your birth certs
2. Change your primary school leaving age(date). I was once in a panel where the year the candidate entered and finished school ousted him. Imagine me finishing primary school in 1997 yet I was born in 1992.
3. Change the DOB on your o-levels certs.
4. Change the DOB on your BVN.
5. Change DOB on any other govt issued cert you have

If employers don't caught on in the future, embassies would when you eventually want to pursue international opportunities. Na real wa for naija situation.

(1) (Reply)

The Peak Time To Have Sex For A Baby Boy / Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha / Haier Thermocool Frigde-freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.