Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts (35034 Views)

Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Replies Critics With Facts & Figures (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Kingspin(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Buhari talk to us in Nigeria.
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by chimoskyg(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
hansad:

including street beggars who refuse to work.

because the graduate he or she knows is equally jobless
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
Quote a portion of mbaka's sermon.
There came a goodluck. D goodluck met with our naira nd our naira had bad luck.......

Seeth thou a man that is diligent in his business

Purchase ur MTN 1gig plan for 1200. Contact - 07062027524. Sms/ whatsapp.
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by simpleseyi: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
Impressive statistics by Reno Omo Kirikiri, CNN Money, Bloomberg and KPMG. Unfortuantely, I dont eat statistics. I eat rice, garri, fish and meat. A 50kg bag of rice was about 5,000 naira during late Yar'Adua's regime, it is now about 10,000 naira in Jonathan's regime. A carton 12kg carton of frozen Croater fish was 4,200 naira during Yar'Adua's regime, it is now about 11,000 naira in Jonathan's regime. Now Reno Omo kirikiri is telling me about forged statistics. Let him go and eat the statistics together with the billions that they have been stealing. March 28th, 2015 is the date. #IHaveDecided

4 Likes

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Acidosis(m): 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
If an aged widow could donate N1million to Buhari's campaign team; then who are you to say "Nigerians are suffering?"

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by FOLLOWJESUS: 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=ochejoseph post=31108911][/quote]Those who don't see anything good about this administration will still not believe, they may say GEJ or Ngozy has gone to bribe those international bodies who are making this remarks,APC type of pull down syndrum politics is very unfortunate,I asure you that APC are not happy about the progress our soldiers are making against the insurgence,FORWARD NIGERIA shun the old analog brains which is out dated and move on with digital mind #VOTE4GEJ
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by coolbis: 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
These indices dont just add up, if the economy has really improved as these disastrous characters and their paymasters claim,how come unemployment rate keeps increasing,hunger and deprivation are the order of the day,robbery, kidnapping,terrorism, lack of basic ammenities,corruption, constant power outage which has forced most of the companies out of this coutry to neighbouring countries of Ghana and Benin republic are common phenomena in our nation. I am dead sure most of these youths who are proponents of GEJ second term are also victims of this mess;they are either unemployed or underemployed or they find it so hard to pay their school fees cos of prolonged strike actions which have characterized our tertiary educational sector in the last 16years of pdp rule. It is not all about GEJ,its about having another touch in our national life. If they(opposition party fails too) then we have only for years to take our decision again, or we invoke the recall provision in our constitution.

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
rusher14:

The Naira which is the common man's yardstick for wealth assessment is experiencing a slide one might consider a free-fall.

You can lie and bribe but your currency would make its own statement depending on how you've treated it.

Quote of the month.

They can send their doctored reports to international committees but the truth can not be changed by lies.

Make PWC NNPC Audit public.

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Kingspin(m): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
drsteroid:
Hmmn..reno omokri can't just sit in abuja and spew out nonsense,wen the common man on the street doesn't even feels the impact of all these economic statistics...enuf of all the paper works,let's face reality,the economy is just not ok..naira continues 2 depreciate on a daily basis,and u re saying the economy is healthy, graduates and artisans can't get work due 2 lack of jobs and electricity.Anyway,march 28 is already around the corner,all this wil soon com 2 an end..I pity reno omokri,FFK and okupe com may 29. Gess dey will all be in botswana den,jus to save their heads
FG cannot give everybody job better go meet ur state government who is more close to u. We cant ride on propaganda all d time. Pa Buhari tell us ur intellectual plan to lead the fatest growing economy in the world (Nigeria)
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
There is no way hundred of millions of dollars is wasted through corrupt channels and the economy would be vibrant.

Kick out corruption.
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by internetpo(m): 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
Reno Omokrikri grin is right.

I am experiencing positive growth and development in my own spare of the economy. That I can say.
Cant say about other spares though.
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Kingspin(m): 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
berem:
Rubbish!!

Next please!!
Buhari should tell Nigerians what is his intellectual plan to lead this country?
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Demmzy15(m): 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
#MarchforChange

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by olaoluwajosh: 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
Reno Okri or wendy smith or what is your name now, so are you saying that Nigeria is far above UAE in economic growth.

You even put Nigeria ahead of Singapore, tell me why do Nigerian travel to those country for better living?

please stop this lies and say the reality. its all a pure lies bro.
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Chigold101(m): 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
isan:
What is the impact of dis growing economy on nigerians? undecided no job , no security, many bad roads , no portable water and many more
on jobs... In my state... So many job opening in agriculture.
Now! Whatare u doing to create job or make yourself relevant to Nigeria.

On roads:- you must know that states has more roads inside their state than FG. In my states my former governor & present one has transformed our roads & federal roads is becoming sweeter.
Now what is your governor doing to make your roads better?

On security- apart from boko haram, are you expecting mr president to come keep security in your state where your governor is the Chief Security officer.
In my state my governor has done so well in security, he is doing what we elected him to do.

On portable water: why did u vote in your state governor? What is he voted in to do?

Let us not drop everything on the feet of GEJ.
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by cocoduck: 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
there are a thousand and one ways to make money in Nigeria all that is needed is for graduates to get dow from their high horses to look down and see all these things ie traditional cloth weaving. just invest one year and kearn the trade then use your university education to take it to the world which is now a global village. starting a business is not all about having a huge capital the most importanti is knowledge
parents and teachers should henceforth desist from imposing destinies on kids subjects like intro tech and vocational aptitude should be elevated to the same status to English and maths
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Ahmeduana(m): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
berem:
Rubbish!!

Next please!!
LOW INTELLECT, CAN PUT UP A VIABLE ARGUMENT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by chimoskyg(m): 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
Acidosis:

The ordinary man on the street is an hypocrite. Even though he earns N100,000 monthly, he will complain of poverty.

Bros, despite that, some Nigerians actually smell poverty.
With such statistic the welfare should be reaching the ordinary man.
A true development rest on the well being of the masses n equal distribution of the country resources

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by agabaI23(m): 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
In 2007, I asked a Chinese student how she felt about the the so called prosperity in China which affected only a few and localised in Beijing.

Her response was, we like it that way. It will spread to everyone with time. It is better than it used to be and it has to start from somewhere. I kept quiet immediately.

Where is China today, just 8 years after?

Top of the world!!!

We have started well and anything that will take us back, holy ghost fire!!!
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Ahmeduana(m): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
berem:
Rubbish!!

Next please!!
LOW INTELLECT, CAN'T PRESENT A VIABLE ARGUMENT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by goryorhal(m): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Acidosis:
If an aged widow could donate N1million to Buhari's campaign team; then who are you to say "Nigerians are suffering?"

Bros you no get brain ooh ...
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
drsteroid:
Hmmn..reno omokri can't just sit in abuja and spew out nonsense,wen the common man on the street doesn't even feels the impact of all these economic statistics...enuf of all the paper works,let's face reality,the economy is just not ok..naira continues 2 depreciate on a daily basis,and u re saying the economy is healthy, graduates and artisans can't get work due 2 lack of jobs and electricity.Anyway,march 28 is already around the corner,all this wil soon com 2 an end..I pity reno omokri,FFK and okupe com may 29. Gess dey will all be in botswana den,jus to save their heads

no matter how ambitious ur dreams are, achieving them is where the p* lies. He set out to achieve a lot of things. Stable power supply among others. But he didn't achieve all the goals. Did u have A in all your courses while in skul? He couldn't fix power but he laid the foundation for its developent with privatisation. But he improved agric significantly, he fixed d railway, built 14 federal universities. The major economic roads in the south west(lag-ib, benin-ore, sagamu-ore) which are the economic arteries of the country when it comes to road infrastructure has received massive reconstruction in addition to many other roads being constructed in the country. Our teaching hospitals now do kidney transplant and other surgeries they couldn't do b4. Airport remodelling. Nigeria is on its way to achieving self-sufficiency in rice. We now abt 24 rice mills processing rice in the country. Cars are now being assembled in Nigeria. The CBN has in the last four years disbursed over 200 billion to industries. Youwin has created over fiver thousand enterpreneurs. Sure-p has created lots of jobs and invested in critical infrastructure. Dry season farming is now possible cos of irrigation farming as a result of the construction of dams. We are now the largest economy in africa and third fastest growing in the world. All these did not happen by chance. He hasn't don't it all, but these are the things he has achieved and the fact that u think u have not benefited directly does not mean others haven't benefited. The people working in the new federal universities are not ghosts. Same applies to many other job creating initiatives.

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Sodiumdawg: 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Buhari and all his supporters are happy to smear the image of Nigeria in the eyes of the international community in an attempt to score cheap political point

They seem to be tired using Bokoharam since our recent military resurgence and victories

OGA, IF NO BE PDP GET BOKO, HOW DEM FIT CONFIDENTLY TALK SAY DEM GO FINISH BOKO WITHIN SIX WEEKS? PIPUL WEY DEM NO FIT FINISH SINCE 5 YEARS? EH? IF NA APC, DEM FOR LEAVE DIA BOYS MAKE ARMY DEY MAGA DEM ANYHOW?

E BE LIKE WHO GET GOAT NAA. IF I GET 5 GOAT TELL YOU SAY IF YOU COME GREET ME NA GOAT PEPPER SOUP YOY GO SHOP, YOU GO DOUBT ME?

IF TO SAY DEM NO KILL AZAZI...........

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by goryorhal(m): 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
Chigold101:
on jobs... In my state... So many job opening in agriculture.
Now! Whatare u doing to create job or make yourself relevant to Nigeria.

On roads:- you must know that states has more roads inside their state than FG. In my states my former governor & present one has transformed our roads & federal roads is becoming sweeter.
Now what is your governor doing to make your roads better?

On security- apart from boko haram, are you expecting mr president to come keep security in your state where your governor is the Chief Security officer.
In my state my governor has done so well in security, he is doing what we elected him to do.

On portable water: why did u vote in your state governor? What is he voted in to do?

Let us not drop everything on the feet of GEJ.

"In my state , my governor has install wifi all around the city"
In my state , my present and present governor pays us 15k every month Cuz that's what we asked him to do by voting him ...

God!!!!! Na person they think like this ?
I just pity you (suffering and smiling ) sit down dey give yourself hope ..
Na your unborn generation I just pity Cuz the kind swear dem go curse you , I bet you CAN no fit wash am away for you ..
Mumu
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Sunnymatey(m): 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
Am about 2 quit a Govt job dat fetches me N1,200,000 per anum just bcus a bznss l started with jst N50,000 in 2009 is yielding more returns than my salary today. I started frm phone boot as a graduate but today, see where i am. Think of what u can do fr ursef.

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by samoney: 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
opadsaod:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iCgXPkliyxk/VO8666AcrCI/AAAAAAAAAiw/xme9jm0JIe0/s1600/nawa.png[/img]
mods pls do the needful ban this goat for spamming all the posts on nl, am tired of seeing this eye sore!

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Sodiumdawg: 5:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
agabaI23:
In 2007, I asked a Chinese student how she felt about the the so called prosperity in China which affected only a few and localised in Beijing.

Her response was, we like it that way. It will spread to everyone with time. It is better than it used to be and it has to start from somewhere. I kept quiet immediately.

Where is China today, just 8 years after?

Top of the world!!!

We have started well and anything that will take us back, holy ghost fire!!!

HOOOOOLY GHOOOOST! PHAYA!

HOOOOOLY GHOOOOST! PHAYA!

I HAIL YOU BRO!

YOU SABI DE PUNISHMENT FOR "KWARRUPSHON" FOR CHINA?

NAIJA GO DEVELOP WEN STEALING NO BE CORRUPTION?
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by femliany(m): 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
Oyinbo come here to do any survey before coming up with their Yeye Statistics?
the likes of Omokiri,Okupe,Ffk,Okonjo etc are the ones misleading Jonathan..cos they are afraid of their jobs thatz why..
as for guyz on nairaland that say GEJ till 2019, I know that all na because of jona You Win programme

1 Like

Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Orikinla(m): 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
You see, the problem with political sycophants and spin doctors like Mr. Reno Omokri, is their lack of ratiocination in intellectual analysis of the socioeconomic and sociopolitical crises of Nigeria in the 21st century.
The following informed commentaries and reports are enough for anyone with commonsense.

[size=18pt]Who Says Our Economy Is Booming When More Than 40 Million Youths Are Jobless? - Politics - Nairaland

The economy of a country cannot be booming when it cannot create more jobs for the jobless.
That is why the bogus claims of President Goodluck Jonathan and his cabinet that our economy is booming are contrary to the facts on current socioeconomic realities in Nigeria with more than 40 million Nigerian youths unemployed and thousands losing their jobs as financial institutions and manufacturing industries are sacking more than they are employing.

The following reports are enough verdict on the Nigerian economy.
https://www.nairaland.com/2166547/says-economy-booming-when-more

Soludo grades Jonathan “F” on economy; says his ...
www.premiumtimesng.com/.../175663-soludo-grades-jonathan-f-econo...
Jan 26, 2015 - Mr. Soludo said while Nigeria has for years enjoyed oil boom and ..... They say the economy is growing and is the largest in Africa and so on.

Nigeria, with a population of 170m people, is growing investment destination due to the sheer size of its consumer market. Yet, despite strong growth and a bigger GDP, it still lags behind South Africa, the continent’s only G20 member, in terms of basic infrastructure and governance. At 4,000 megawatts, Nigeria's electricity output is a tenth of South Africa's for a population three times the size. Nigeria’s GDP per capita rose to $2,688 last year from an estimated $1,437 in 2012, while GDP per capita in South Africa was $7,508.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/baobab/2014/04/nigerias-economy-bigger-everyone-thought

Risks to Nigeria’s economic growth are the sluggish recovery of the global economy, security challenges in the northeastern part of the country, continued agitation for resource control in the Niger Delta and possible distraction from the ongoing reforms as a result of the upcoming 2015 general elections. Negative growth of the oil sector may also continue to drag down overall growth until a lasting solution is found to the challenge of oil theft and weak investment in exploration due to the uncertain state of play in the sector as a result of non-passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill.

Nigeria faces an ongoing challenge of making its decade-long sustained growth more inclusive. Poverty and unemployment remain prominent among the major challenges facing the economy. One reason for this is that the benefits of economic growth have not sufficiently trickled down to the poor. The national authorities are not oblivious of this reality. Thus, poverty reduction, mass job creation and protection of the most vulnerable and those in the large informal sector are the focus of current policy dialogue and initiatives. In fact, the 2014 national budget that has just been passed into law by the national assembly focuses mainly on creating more jobs and making growth more inclusive.

Increased integration of the poor into global value chains is essential for poverty reduction. Agriculture, which is largely informal, employs about 70% of the labour force, a large portion of which is poor. Adding value to agriculture tradables will create more jobs through its upstream and downstream integration with other sectors of the economy, increase export revenues, boost income of the poor and reduce poverty incidence.

Source: African Economic Outlook (AEO) 2014
http://www.afdb.org/en/countries/west-africa/nigeria/nigeria-economic-outlook/

[/size]
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by Sodiumdawg: 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
ABI, YOU MIND DEM? NA BAR CHART WE GO SHOP? EVEN IF NA PIE CHART SEF, WE FOR MALAGE!
femliany:
Oyinbo come here to do any survey before coming up with their Yeye Statistics?
the likes of Omokiri,Okupe,Ffk,Okonjo etc are the ones misleading Jonathan..cos they are afraid of their jobs thatz why..
as far guyz on nairaland that say GEJ till 2019, I understood that all na because of jona You Win programme
Re: Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
When people say there is no Job in Nigeria I just sit down and laugh..... the average Nigerians definition of a Job is: sit in an office and sign document, chop AC and watch TV..... that is what comes to mind when they're looking for "Job".If you tell a Nigerian graduate to go and work in the mortuary, he'll curse you but when e travel go abroad he go trowey him certificate dey wash white people dead body...... make all of una sit down dey shout "no Job" sit down and be waiting for government.... a plumber cannot sing this song, a brick layer cannot sing this song, an electrictian cannot sing this song... why?....Co's they didn't sit and wait for one "Job"......lazy set of mofos... mchew

In fact I dey vex!! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why We Postponed Declaration Of Niger Delta As A Territory – Niger Delta Militan / Tinubu, Saraki’s Humiliation Makes Buhari’s Re-election Difficult – Shehu Sani / GMB: Aisha Buhari Accused Of Mocking Husband Over Snatch Ballot Boxes Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.