Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! (25735 Views)

7 Amazing Benefits Of Drinking Water First Thing In The Morning / 13 Amazing Benefits Of Dates.... / Why You Should Consume Locally Produced Natural Rice To Imported Rice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by tasland(m): 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
FriedPlantain:
One more reason why I would keep taking honey. cool cool

Since I have been taking this Ibadan honey, my girlfriend has been been willingly giving me the head, even when i'm not in the mood. cheesy

friedplantain
how true i̶̲̥̅̊s dis?pls ℓ wnt t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ no
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by tasland(m): 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
olabamiji09:
I learnt dat mixing pure any with well boiled onion work tremendeously. . . . although
ℓ heard abt D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ too bt av never try it oooo,how can sum1 identify τ̲̅ђe original honey?

1 Like

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by kashflynn(m): 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kk nice, neva knew honey had such enormous health benefits. But any guide line as to how we should consume it daily, so we don't cause whala for our selves ohh. embarassed cause Nigeria like sweet mouth 2much.. Nd dis is express ticket.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Elcapo(m): 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
CHIAAGRO:
"MY SON EAT THOU HONEY, FOR IT IS GOOD, AND THE HONEY COMB,WHICH IS SWEET TO THY TASTE" proverbs24:13.
NOTE
Honey Should Not Be Given to children under one year.
Why
I'd ℓ̊ike to knw cos i just finished from apiary unit in my farm year at schl the prof said honey could be given to a 1month old baby.
Educate ♍ƺ pls!
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by eluquenson(m): 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Honey is very good as stated by op
I sell original honey from shaaki, oyo state.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Laid2001: 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Honey contains complex sugar not glucose!
Lagusta:
Honey contains glucose, in fact lots of it...

So it does not regulate blood glucose, it can even spike it!!!

If you are diabetic, take honey as though you are taking sugar, it still adds up....
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by marieclare(f): 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
you go fear advertising. lol. Poster, you are absolutely correct though. I use it almost everyday for treating acne and whatnot.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Lagusta(m): 12:20am On Feb 28, 2015
Laid2001:
Honey contains complex sugar not glucose!
Honey gets its sweetness from the monosaccharides fructose and glucose, and has about the same relative sweetness as granulated sugar.

Sourcehttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey#Physical_and_chemical_properties

1 Like

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Abbey2sam(m): 12:25am On Feb 28, 2015
inevitableme:
Some thing waste become useful for Human, ntin is ever useless in life

even our waste is useful to *agbegbo* the ant like creature deals with human shi.t
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by grandstar(m): 12:27am On Feb 28, 2015
FriedPlantain:
One more reason why I would keep taking honey. cool cool

Since I have been taking this Ibadan honey, my girlfriend has been been willingly giving me the head, even when i'm not in the mood. cheesy

friedplantain

Disgusting!!!
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Abbey2sam(m): 12:27am On Feb 28, 2015
SaintMog:
We knOw that honey is good for our health but the problem is: how do we get original honey? Most of what is available are fake.

I always get the pure one from okene, kogi state when ever I'm passing through there..... I travel that route a lot
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by UcGadaz(m): 12:31am On Feb 28, 2015
some people have stopped taking honey on doctors instruction.....
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by grandstar(m): 12:39am On Feb 28, 2015
paullo240:
Where can I get pure honey, I mean pure honey in Aka Ibom

If you go to aby reputable pharmacy or chemist, they usually have quality honey
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Miradamian: 3:27am On Feb 28, 2015
MissSlimbody:

Even if you deep a match stick in2 a fake honey and strike, it will stil light.

Original honey is very dark in color, and it has a bitter-sweet taste.
totally d opposite. Original honey is light brown in colour and it produces whitish substance on top of d honey bottle if kept for some time in used. Fake ones are .normally dark and thick
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Nobody: 3:31am On Feb 28, 2015
Where can one get original honey here in this country? Virtually everything is fake, even humans self worst. If stuffs comes into Naija as original, before u say "JACK", them go don convert to fake. Even the honey will be diluted with water or something else.! Naija don't carry last in this kinda actions!
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Win95: 4:25am On Feb 28, 2015
Does not regulate blood sugar, take it as though you are taking granulated or cube sugar
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by DBlackCeazer(m): 5:26am On Feb 28, 2015
The big question is,is it safe for a hypertensive patient?
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by jiggar(m): 6:14am On Feb 28, 2015
Another way of testing for pure honey, is by dropping a little bit of it into a glass cup containing clean water. If the honey goes and settle at the bottom, without mixing with the water, that is a good one. But, if it starts to mix with the water by itself, then we can deduce that, it's fake.
I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by leonshom(m): 6:15am On Feb 28, 2015
I don't just like honey, dunno y angry
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by dominique(f): 7:09am On Feb 28, 2015
holluwai:
Finding pure honey is terribly hard so I've just settled for forever bee honey... Who else uses it?

That's what I use too.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by brightology3: 7:48am On Feb 28, 2015
Where do u base because am in benin
fadbuk:
WE HAVE ORIGINAL, NATURAL, UNDILUTED HONEY, Call 08038299308 NOW
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by jojotemitopaz(m): 7:49am On Feb 28, 2015
Let me inform you from real pracrical experience...
1 pure or fake honey would light a match stick for as long as it has negligible water content,
2 pure honey fake or not would attract ants, contrary to popular believes, ants are actually one of the threats to bee hives n why they migrate or abscond (using the beekeepers language)
3 pure honey comes in varying degree of thickness colour and opacity, its all in a function of where the bees source their nectar and the environment the honey is stored.
4 pure honey is best identified from its mild unpleasant smell and its mixed sweet n bitter taste.
5.honey when haarvested is sometimes not harvested properly so its mixed with bee pollen, proplis or wax. This is a good and bad quality has it tends to reduce ots shelf life but increases its quality. But if harvested properly it has the ability to last for years without spoilage
6.honey from bees are very good preservatives, so sometimes when u see dead bees in honey still looking as was alive.
7 honey produced from different hives have different properties and when u mix them together, it seperates its self.

I was fortunate to serve in a state n community where bee farming is d predominant practice years back, original honey was well within ma reach, I took it up as a business coming back home n studied bee keeping coming back.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Moana(f): 8:35am On Feb 28, 2015
Honey can help clear scars
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by holluwai(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2015
Oh good, do you like it?

dominique:

That's what I use too.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by dominique(f): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2015
holluwai:
Oh good, do you like it?

Yes I do. But I had lots of guests coming in and out of my house earlier this month and it suddenly went missing. My supplier is out of town, I'm so pissed
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by holluwai(m): 9:33am On Feb 28, 2015
Hahaha, sorry. Some people sha, how much does your supplier sell to you?

dominique:

Yes I do. But I had lots of guests coming in and out of my house earlier this month and it suddenly went missing. My supplier is out of town, I'm so pissed
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by Lovechyld101(m): 10:14am On Feb 28, 2015
GeenAc:

An interesting question! Pls som1 should help us out in explaining the procedures in identifying a pure honey!
You can use fire method or water put a stick of matches in the honey and strict the matches if it light its original u can also pour it in a paper and light it if it burns completely it original the water method pour the honey in to a bowl or cup of water if it sinks it original ,if you also put a honey in the freeze for more than 3day with constant light , if it freezes it fake , if it doesn't it orignal.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by dominique(f): 10:19am On Feb 28, 2015
holluwai:
Hahaha, sorry. Some people sha, how much does your supplier sell to you?

Yeah very annoying. I got it for about N2,600 but I bought other stuff from her so she gave me discount.
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by ademega(m): 10:48am On Feb 28, 2015
The fact is , its better to use a fake honey than sugar. Knowing original may be difficult because bees eat diffrent foods and the taste and the texture will differ cos of this . so Also the colour .
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by rossyc(f): 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote
author=kayboy4y post=31150214]The problem is that the pirated ones
(mixed wt sugar and water)are much more than the original in our
markets. How do I get the original one @OP.[/quote] I know of someone that sells the original one, where are u?
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by rossyc(f): 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote
author=Lizabeth25 post=31156072]Where can one get original honey here
in this country? Virtually everything is fake, even humans self worst.
If stuffs comes into Naija as original, before u say "JACK", them go don
convert to fake. Even the honey will be diluted with water or something
else.! Naija don't carry last in this kinda actions![/quote] you can get original honey from people that harvests from a beehive. where are u?
Re: Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! by rossyc(f): 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
pm me for your original honey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Monopoly Products In The Nigerian Food Market / See How To Make An Easy And Delicious Fried Rice Meal (pics & Video) / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.