Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 (24199 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Tarfi, Benue Village, Kill 12 / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 / Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by oluwaisaac(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
I just heard a bomb blast occured at Bauchi Park in Jos.... Someone should please confirm!

At least, 12 persons were killed and scores of others injured as two separate bombs exploded in Jos on Thursday.

Our correspondent gathered that the first bomb went off at the Bauchi Road motor park, adjacent to the Bauchi road campus of the University of Jos at about 4.30pm, while the second one occurred almost simultaneously in front of the UNIJOS gate.

It was gathered that the second targeted the students, who were just trooping out of the school after the day’s lectures.

The students resumed on Monday and started their second semester examinations after the school was closed down in November last year following students protest.

It was not exactly known the spot where the second bomb went off.

While one report said it exploded opposite Shemsak Hotel, a spot frequented by the students and which is directly opposite the Faculty of Medical Sciences, other reports said it went off in front of a pharmacy, opposite the school gate.

Most of the victims were said to be taking shelter from a downpour, which started at about 3.45pm, the first in the city of Jos this year.

Another source said the blast at the Bauchi Road motor park was carried out by a female suicide bomber, who entered the park wearing a Hijab.

Executive President of Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark Lipdo, quoting security sources, put the casualty figure at 12, but a student of the school, who identified herself as Grace, said the figure could be higher.

According to her, when the bomb exploded, there was confusion in the campus as students ran helter skelter.

She added that there was also traffic jam along the busy Bauchi road as motorists hurriedly turned back to escape the commotion.

She said, “Because it was raining, everybody was trying to take shield and so nobody noticed the bomber.”

A source told our correspondent that he saw Hilux vehicles carrying some persons to the Bingham University Teaching Hospital, Jos.

Both the spokesmen for the Special Task Force, Capt. Ikedichi Iweha, and the police, Emmanuel Abuh, confirmed the blast.

They said security men were still assessing the situation as both the dead and the injured were being conveyed to hospital.

http://www.punchng.com/news/scores-die-as-explosions-rock-jos-biu/

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by bennieman: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
I am in Rock Haven, Jos and I did not hear it. However, a friend that works in the University just confirmed that there was a bomb blast inside the main campus of UJ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
Nawa oh
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hmmm. I pray nobody was killed
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
clevvermind:
Buhari's thugs have started again. Na wao.
PDP is boko haram...late azazi

And even goodluck jonathan himself some years ago admitted that boko haram are inside his government......so actually the right thing to say is that jonathan's thugs have started again...

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by samuel25(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
I pray my great josites are safe.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by Jeel: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
It is well!
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by tit(f): 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
any plan by apc against Jos people will fail.

12 Likes

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by AustineE1: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
I anticipated it,i said some days back,that as soon as they bombed Kano!Jos,Kaduna and Abuja shld be on the watch...its now certain that boko haram has been totally defeated,they are only seeking for soft spots to bomb.Kudos to Nigerian military for their doggedness in this war against the evil terrorists.Btw am in Jos now and will keep my ears on the ground.I pray nobody got killed.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by kb83(m): 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
Which way Nigeria?God deliver ur people 4rm d claws of boko haram.

3 Likes

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
BBC just air it as a breaking news, but not much details!
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by clevvermind(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2015

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by oluwaisaac(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
I just confirmed it. They said two medical students were killed by it.
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by stinggy(m): 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
clevvermind:

Smh undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by clevvermind(m): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
stinggy:

Smh undecided undecided
don't break your head o. I want you to witness Jonathan's victory. grin

14 Likes

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by PaulSeun89(m): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
O Lord how long will this continue. Please Lord let this stop! A colleague called me here in Lagos and told me she heard of a bomb blast in Jos. I just confirmed it's true. God protect every Josite and our love ones in Jesus name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by Jybz: 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
Yes.. Bauchi park

1 Share

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by lyntiffany(f): 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
it's seriously quite unfortunate that this madness still goes on, whoever that is doing this should know that darkness has never subdued light, one day the truth must surely surface as there is light at the end of a tunnel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by stinggy(m): 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
clevvermind:
don't break your head o. I want you to witness Jonathan's victory. grin

Lolz

Toor let's wait and see. If it's the Gods wish. Their plans are always good sha, they won't do that to us.

1 Like

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by IGBOSON1: 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
lyntiffany:
it's seriously quite unfortunate that this madness still goes on, whoever that is doing this should know that darkness has never subdued light, one day the truth must surely surface as there is light at the end of a tunnel.

^^^I'm just struggling to imagine how any sane mind can sit down and plan on how to murder innocent strangers in cold blood! What could be their reasons; is it all about politics and religion, or something we're yet to be told of!?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by lyntiffany(f): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I'm just struggling to imagine how any sane mind can sit down and plan on how to murder innocent strangers in cold blood! What could be their reasons; is it all about politics and religion, or something we're yet to be told of!?
my bro I seriously don't know but it's certain that he who lives by the gun shall die by it.

1 Like

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
GOD will punish the enemies of nigeria in JESUS CHRIST Name. AMEN. Indeed this is WICKED and ofcourse the government is UNGOVERNABLE abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by onosprince(m): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
God punish dem...
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by konny1(m): 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
God have mercy!
God pls put an end to all these bomb blast.

All these nonsense must stop in the name that is above other names!!!

1 Like

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by simplemach(m): 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
These islamic monsters again

10 Likes

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by sammyj: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
;
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by takenadoh: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Why has. The trend changed?

When you smoke a hole, the rats will start running round.

#SurepGISPayyourinterns
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by CaptainAmerica1: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
sad
Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by tobtap: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
THIS IS PURE EVIL...GOD WILL JUDGE THEM

1 Like

Re: Twin Explosions Hit Jos Park, UNIJOS Gate, kill 12 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
tit:
any plan by apc against Jos people will fail.
*sighs* RIP to the dead. The perpetrators of this dastardly act will never escape judgement. Even if it takes decades,
they will get got!
Now I'm convinced some nairalanders are re.tarded. Some people just lost loved ones and you're here talking trash. Are you a lunatic? Talk true, we can help.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers Arrive Court, Anticipate IPOB Leader's Arrival (photos) / Mary Nkeke: Army Rescues Another Chibok Girl / Obasanjo - Atiku Is Corrupt, I Chose Him To Put Him In Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.