Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? (1610 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo's Son, Sean Takes After Him As A Footballer, Scores 4 Goals / Enyeama Concedes Six Goals In France / Will Kanu Regret His Comments About Bafana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by enolase(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2006
Kanu has added two more goals to his tally. The question is: Can he beat other strikers to the highest goal scorer's award in the Premiership this season?
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2006
Na so Kanu dey always do. Wait for the 33 match goal drought.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by twinstaiye(m): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2006
I dont think he can be the goleador. But with 5 goals in 4 matches for Pompey, it shows what our Papillo can do when he is playing with a good TEAM. Let us keep our fingers crossed, but with a team like Pompey, I dont see him with a goal drought as much as 33 matches. I will see you eat your words though Ugwumba.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2006
twinstaiye grin,
the EPL has 38 matches for each team, Pompeii has played 3, Kanu has scored 4 goals.
I have 'allowed' him 2 more matches to score.

Check his last two years and you will see that na initial gra-gra be this.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2006
Papillo don old.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by kitaun(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2006
Kanu will not even be in the list of top 5 scorers not to talk of being top scorer tongue it takes 38 games to know who will ventually be top scorer and with Henry in the premiership no one can topple him, not even if Kanu takes Peak milk 10ce more than before, at least he don already do him mama proud enough tongue grin
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2006
kitaun,
Na you biko grin. Allow twinstaiye and 'dreamers' embarassed to suggest Papillo as top goal scorer in the EPL. I don talk my own, do the math: '4 (in 3) + 33-goal drought + 2' (in 2) = 6 goals (in 38) this season.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by nosa101(f): 12:59am On Aug 30, 2006
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 1:14am On Aug 30, 2006
bros, thanks for the shout-out.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by crito(m): 1:17am On Aug 30, 2006
kanu for what? i dont think he will be the goal prince in the premiership this season.it will definately be henryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Akolawole(m): 1:50am On Aug 30, 2006
Well, i am looking at a minimum of 12 premiership goals and 8 cup goals.

Please write it in your diary grin
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 1:51am On Aug 30, 2006
wishful thinking.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Christino(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2006
Andy Johnson of course, or Thierry Henry. Kanu for where? No be so Okocha do us 2 years ago, wey him come stop finally finally? But Kanu should get about 15 goals at least this season, Portsmouth don't have too many players, they have stoppers at the back and a good goal keeper plus their full backs overlap a lot to help the midfield so the ball prolly gets to him, Kanu should go far, but not the goal King.

That Crazy skull called Henry won't start scoring until October or so and by December, he has scored enough to rest for the season.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by ozobemem(m): 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2006
Guys, wait and see, Papilo is not too old to play football, he has started well and i will wait till his next match before i can comment, but i see him making history this season, Good One Papilo 3 Matches 4 Goals, it is not easy
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2006
repeat - initial gra-gra!!! grin
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by enolase(m): 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2006
Ugwumba seems to have something personal against Kanu.

I personally think that Kanu can get up to 20 goals this season.

If you look at the kind of role he is playing in Portsmouth, he is being allowed to play his natural style, unlike at West Brom or even Arsenal.

Kanu is it! cool
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2006
@ enolase, kanu has broken my heart enough times for me to finally say no!!! enough is enough!!

abi person wey catch him girl dey cheat many times over no get right to call am ash*wo.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by SirKay3(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2006
Flash in the pan. I support what Akolawole predicted
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by kitaun(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2006
If he should score 12 goals as predicted by Akola he should even be given a special award! grin grin grin
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Akolawole(m): 12:34am On Aug 31, 2006
Sir Kay:

Flash in the pan. I support what Akolawole predicted

Ugwumba:

@ enolase, kanu has broken my heart enough times for me to finally say no!!! enough is enough!!

abi person wey catch him girl dey cheat many times over no get right to call am ash*wo.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by suprted(m): 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2006
haha. it makes me laugh how people think kanu is gonna be a goal machine this season. this is how he always does. even when he played his best season at Arsenal (99/2000 16 goals, [12 in 31 premiership apps]) he scored in bursts. he scored 7 in 10 at the start of the season, then 5 in the last few matches as well.

the next best time he had was when he scored 5 goals in 3 games in 2002-03 and then promptly failed to score any more. so when he was at his best he only scored 16 goals and you guys have him beating that.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by amodu(m): 3:49am On Sep 03, 2006
yes he can, if he keeps up with this performance
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by vichel(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2006
with more matches he play, he would score more goals, i see him averaging 1 goal in 3 games this season
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Christino(m): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2006
No Sir, One goal in two grin Kanu should net 38 games divided by two, plus I see them going far in carling and FA cups with the arrival of Andy Cole (why did they sell Todorov?). Let's see sha.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Grizzly(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2006
Of course, why not, ?
Supposing we rule out injury, and the bench glue, pappilo will perform,
Kanu is a flurry of skills. he just has to be supported by good players, for him to shine. thats it.
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Ugwumba(m): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2006
Ugwumba:

Na so Kanu dey always do. Wait for the 33 match goal drought.

ahem!!!, my counter starts - Goal drought = 1: Match 5. grin
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by kitaun(m): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2006
Am counting too!! grin grin
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by amodu(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2006
You must no how to count 1,2,3 then. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 4 Goals In 3 Matches! Will Kanu Be The Goal King In The Epl This Season? by Christino(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2006
ah 4 goals in 4 games never do?

It's like this:

Zamora 2
Kanu2

Zamora 3

Zamora 4
Kanu 4

Zamora 5

What next do you expect? another brace grin
the drought period is the "bracelet" not a letdown!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian And Bokina Faso. (FINAL CAF). Who Will Win ? / Funny Warm Up Pictures Of UCL 2015! Suarez Vs Chiellini+evra / VIDEO : Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid 2 - 1 All Goals & Highlight (download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.