Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,915 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. (1314 Views)

Buhari's 2016 Democracy Day Speech (Full Text, Video) / 13-year-old Zuriel Oduwole Interviews Buhari In The US(Pic) / Full Text + Vídeo: TVC Interviews Buhari, 22/4/2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by A7(m): 1:24am On Feb 27, 2015
Reporter talking before interview: So we're outside chatham house where the opposition candidate General Buhari is meant to be giving a lecture. Now as you can see there's a protest outside chatham house there are actually two protests this is pro Buhari[pointing to his right], back over there[pointing left] is anti Buhari. Very rowdy out here, but we will go inside now and talk to the general.

The interview

BBC: Thanks a lot for talking to us General, Just wanna start by talking about the protest we can hear from outside, pro & anti Buhari, shows how divisive you're, what do you make of that?

GMB: Well that's the beauty of democracy, let people express their opinion one way or the other. As long as they do it peacefully it has to be accomodated by the system.

BBC: Now, when the elections are posponed about three weeks ago you are opposed to that postponement, a lot of people are surprised because they thought, well you know the north east where there's a security challenge for the govt where the govt says you know we have to sort out the security there is where many people believe you have your core supporters, why do you oppose it?

GMB: No, I don't believe it was a good idea because if elections can be conducted in Afghanistan, in Pakistan, in Syria, why cant election be held in Nigeria where only 14 local governments are really involved.

BBC: One of the first things that you will tackle when you get into power, if you get into power would be boko haram, now if you know how to tackle boko haram as a concerned Nigerian why haven't you adviced the govt on how to do it?

GMB: I am not a govt advicer on security, but if you know, the amount of troops, policemen & state security personnel deployed for ekiti election, for a bye election would have been enough to secure the chibok girls.

BBC: So if you got into power you were saying that you will use force, full force to fight boko haram and not necessarily peace negotiations as some of your detractors are saying you might use because some people say, you know, your party sponsors boko haram.

GMB: boko haram is not interested in peace, if they want peace how can they kill 13,000 Nigerians? Why should they go and kill children when they are sleeping in their dormitories? Why should they bomb churches and mosques and market places and motor parks? They are not interested in peace.

BBC: When you overthrew a democratically elected govt in 1983.

GMB: Yeah.

BBC: You know you just threw everybody in prison.

GMB: No, not everybody I didn't throw you in prison.

BBC: I wasn't a politician then, but lots of public holders you threw in prison. Is that what you are still planning to do when you get back?

GMB: That is a misconception of what happened, people who held places of responsibility, governors, ministers, head of parastatals that we have documented evidence against are the ones we took before the tribunals

BBC: I have got to ask you about this because it is a talking point in Nigeria now it's a talking point on social media everybody is wondering about it, you know, they said you came to London to seek medical help you are not healthy enough to stand for the elections, do you want to clarify the state of your health?

GMB: I am as fit as a fiddle, I have just finished touring 35 states of the 36 states, I have conducted townhall meetings in Lagos in Kano in Abuja. Those that are accusing me I will challenge them to some cross country running and see how they will last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lgl64e68so

1 Like

Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by ellechrystal(f): 3:14am On Feb 27, 2015
Nice
Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by PassingShot(m): 4:27am On Feb 27, 2015
Intelligent man speaking there.
Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by EzePromoe: 5:32am On Feb 27, 2015
So Buhari was suggestion to be held in areas affected by insurgency no matter what? This goes to show how valueless the lives of Nigerians are before him.
Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by Oklander: 5:41am On Feb 27, 2015
Presido in waiting!
Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by dulaman: 6:43am On Feb 27, 2015
this man get mouth oh. gej thanks your stars him no debate with you
Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by egift(m): 8:57am On Feb 27, 2015
I like Buhari on the way he answer straight to the point, he don't trying to bundle you with so much talks like someone that wants to swindle you. Buhari is sincere, focused and polite.
Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by A7(m): 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
EzePromoe:
So Buhari was suggestion to be held in areas affected by insurgency no matter what? This goes to show how valueless the lives of Nigerians are before him.

Have no idea what this means
Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by 9jatriot(m): 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
A7:

Have no idea what this means

I suggest you don't try, you may need to devalue your IQ to understand. My one cent

Re: Full Text + Video: BBC Interviews Buhari, 26/2/2015. by A7(m): 12:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
9jatriot:

I suggest you don't try, you may need to devalue your IQ to understand. My one cent

Lol. Got it now. What the poster refuse to understand is whole countries ravaged by extremism are able to safeguard their citizens while conducting elections. The excuse from NA & Fg is silly.

(1) (Reply)

Card Reader Test: Exercise So Far / In Battle For Presidency, Jonathan Gets The Pre-election Bounce, But Buhari Is A / Buhari, Ambode, Fashola And Others Shows PDP Red Card (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.