Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! (3342 Views)

I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi / Revealed: Seized 47 Suvs, 100 Motorcycles Bought For Jonathan’s Campaign / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by jobinto: 7:03am On Feb 27, 2015
When I visited Ibadan, there’s a Yoruba lamentation that I found quite amusing. It’s usually a retort to a victimization of some description that they can’t explain: ki ni mo se fun yin? In the Nigerian parlance, it translates to “wetin I do for you?” In case there are non-Nigerians reading this, it means “what have I done to deserve this persecution?” Chief Kola Aderemi wrote in The Nation of December 23 that President Jonathan must have something against the Yoruba to allow for such sustained ill-treatment. “Nothing illustrates President Jonathan’s hatred for Yoruba,” he said, “better than the way he removed some Yoruba people from key positions on allegation of being too close to the former President Olusegun Obasanjo. To buttress my point, I recalled how he removed Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola as People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Secretary. Mr. Yomi Bolarinwa was removed as DG of Nigeria Broadcasting Commission, Otunba Segun Runsewe was removed as DG of Nigerian Tourism Development Commission (NTDC) and they were replaced with Igbo people.” Here is a selection of other Yoruba people that Jonathan sacked: Mr. Olu Oluleye, Executive Secretary, the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF) was sacked by Jonathan. CEO of the Accident Investigation Bureau, Dr. Samuel Oduselu was also sacked. Stella Oduah, sacked eight general managers at the FAAN in 2014, six of whom were Yoruba. The same minister employed 75 workers, 40 of whom were from the Southeast, her geo-political zone. The minister sacked the Rector of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria, Captain Adebayo Araba and replaced him with Captain Chinyere Kalu from the Southeast. The Director-General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, Mrs. Ola Onagoruwa, was sacked for “undisclosed reasons”. In fact, immediately after Yar’adua died, Jonathan went on Yoruba sacking spree. The result being, other than appointment that are constitutionally required, Yorubas are nowhere in his government. The Yorubas moved from the number one (position of President Obasanjo) to number 22. I’m not exactly sure how this reckoning was done, but it serves my purposes to use it. Whatever Jonathan has been told however, Yorubas don’t deserve this neglect. Many of them voted for him in 2011, but he’s got this weird conviction that those who voted him in the Southwest and the North are the Igbos resident in those areas. I sometimes do my morning jog with a Yoruba woman, a Muslim, who told me that in 2011 she voted Jonathan because she thought that was justice – because Niger Delta produces a chunk of the government income; however, she wouldn’t repeat that mistake again not because Jonathan dislikes the Yoruba people, but because the guy is useless to everybody, including the long suffering people of the Niger Delta. My own friend for many years, also a Yoruba Muslim, gave me the same reason for supporting Jonathan in 2011. I keep getting this “sense of justice” reason from the Yoruba people that I’m beginning to think that must something embedded in their culture. During our time in the diaspora, I had many Nigerian friends. The most religious of us and one of my closest neighbours is a Yoruba Muslim. Obviously, from the stories he told, his old father in Nigeria was also religious; in 2011, however, he told us his father was preparing to vote for Goodluck Jonathan. Make of that what you will but, the northern Yoruba and their southern brethren – Muslim and Christian – supported the president four years ago. It’s the reason why the Yoruba people shouldn’t let this betrayal go unpunished. The fortunate thing for Nigerians and particularly my party, is that many of them have long resolved to do this. That sense of justice will be used to shoot down Jonathan this month. You are an intelligent set of people. Do us all a favour, I call upon you in supplication, don’t vote Jonathan. As of this moment, the only Yoruba group which supports Jonathan is Afenifere. However, even Afenifere is divided. Afenifere Renewal Organization, ARG, said they didn’t support the endorsement of Jonathan enacted by Yinka Odumankin’s group. So the authentic Afenifere doesn’t support the president. The Oodua organization based in the US also distanced itself from the self-serving endorsement of Odumankin’s group. Civil rights activist, Moshood Erubami, summed it up: “No real Yoruba man or woman who supports a pan-Yoruba political and developmental agenda will vote for Jonathan in the coming election, because the Southwest has not gained anything from his administration. So let’s have a bloc vote from this intelligent and enterprising race. Jonathan shouldn’t continue, Yorubas must not allow him!

7 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by jobinto: 7:03am On Feb 27, 2015
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by cozy7(m): 7:07am On Feb 27, 2015
Woooooow!
I thought GEJ had done it all to deserve the Nadal of being d worst President ever, now he's broken my record by adding TRIBALISM to his resume.

HOW I WISH CORRUPT PRESIDENTS COULD BE FLOGGED, GEJ DESERVES..........(plz fill up)

5 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by olaboy001(m): 7:13am On Feb 27, 2015
We don't want Aba Moros to kill more Youths on Immigration recruit or obanikoros ekitigate or fayose to kill all elders or pretending David mark

3 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by adioolayi(m): 7:57am On Feb 27, 2015
If you like, make all the Yoruba Kings your 'last minute rush' friends....If you like, let the so called Afenifere group quickly arrange themselves forming solidarity for you in order to chop your money....If you like, agree with deceit from the OPC group telling you 'we support you'..Just to collect their own share of your 21billion naira..If you like, believe the lies of the so called Southwest PDP leadership, telling you southwest is locked down for you...#GEJ believe all the aforementioned at your own risk!

As for me and my households, we've decided to vote #GMB.
#GeneralMarch4Buhari
#WeHavePVC

5 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by yerimastyle(m): 8:23am On Feb 27, 2015
So op na u go tell me who to vote for ?rubish slowpoke

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by gratiaeo(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2015
But GEJ have started sharing his campaign rice in Yoruba towns, what else do yoruba want?

4 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 27, 2015
jobinto:
[s]When I visited Ibadan, there’s a Yoruba lamentation that I found quite amusing. It’s usually a retort to a victimization of some description that they can’t explain: ki ni mo se fun yin? In the Nigerian parlance, it translates to “wetin I do for you?” In case there are non-Nigerians reading this, it means “what have I done to deserve this persecution?” Chief Kola Aderemi wrote in The Nation of December 23 that President Jonathan must have something against the Yoruba to allow for such sustained ill-treatment. “Nothing illustrates President Jonathan’s hatred for Yoruba,” he said, “better than the way he removed some Yoruba people from key positions on allegation of being too close to the former President Olusegun Obasanjo. To buttress my point, I recalled how he removed Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola as People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Secretary. Mr. Yomi Bolarinwa was removed as DG of Nigeria Broadcasting Commission, Otunba Segun Runsewe was removed as DG of Nigerian Tourism Development Commission (NTDC) and they were replaced with Igbo people.” Here is a selection of other Yoruba people that Jonathan sacked: Mr. Olu Oluleye, Executive Secretary, the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF) was sacked by Jonathan. CEO of the Accident Investigation Bureau, Dr. Samuel Oduselu was also sacked. Stella Oduah, sacked eight general managers at the FAAN in 2014, six of whom were Yoruba. The same minister employed 75 workers, 40 of whom were from the Southeast, her geo-political zone. The minister sacked the Rector of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria, Captain Adebayo Araba and replaced him with Captain Chinyere Kalu from the Southeast. The Director-General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, Mrs. Ola Onagoruwa, was sacked for “undisclosed reasons”. In fact, immediately after Yar’adua died, Jonathan went on Yoruba sacking spree. The result being, other than appointment that are constitutionally required, Yorubas are nowhere in his government. The Yorubas moved from the number one (position of President Obasanjo) to number 22. I’m not exactly sure how this reckoning was done, but it serves my purposes to use it. Whatever Jonathan has been told however, Yorubas don’t deserve this neglect. Many of them voted for him in 2011, but he’s got this weird conviction that those who voted him in the Southwest and the North are the Igbos resident in those areas. I sometimes do my morning jog with a Yoruba woman, a Muslim, who told me that in 2011 she voted Jonathan because she thought that was justice – because Niger Delta produces a chunk of the government income; however, she wouldn’t repeat that mistake again not because Jonathan dislikes the Yoruba people, but because the guy is useless to everybody, including the long suffering people of the Niger Delta. My own friend for many years, also a Yoruba Muslim, gave me the same reason for supporting Jonathan in 2011. I keep getting this “sense of justice” reason from the Yoruba people that I’m beginning to think that must something embedded in their culture. During our time in the diaspora, I had many Nigerian friends. The most religious of us and one of my closest neighbours is a Yoruba Muslim. Obviously, from the stories he told, his old father in Nigeria was also religious; in 2011, however, he told us his father was preparing to vote for Goodluck Jonathan. Make of that what you will but, the northern Yoruba and their southern brethren – Muslim and Christian – supported the president four years ago. It’s the reason why the Yoruba people shouldn’t let this betrayal go unpunished. The fortunate thing for Nigerians and particularly my party, is that many of them have long resolved to do this. That sense of justice will be used to shoot down Jonathan this month. You are an intelligent set of people. Do us all a favour, I call upon you in supplication, don’t vote Jonathan. As of this moment, the only Yoruba group which supports Jonathan is Afenifere. However, even Afenifere is divided. Afenifere Renewal Organization, ARG, said they didn’t support the endorsement of Jonathan enacted by Yinka Odumankin’s group. So the authentic Afenifere doesn’t support the president. The Oodua organization based in the US also distanced itself from the self-serving endorsement of Odumankin’s group. Civil rights activist, Moshood Erubami, summed it up: “No real Yoruba man or woman who supports a pan-Yoruba political and developmental agenda will vote for Jonathan in the coming election, because the Southwest has not gained anything from his administration. So let’s have a bloc vote from this intelligent and enterprising race. Jonathan shouldn’t continue, Yorubas must not allow him![/s]

Loads of shhit! Yoruba votes will be split and shared like tomatoes next month tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:32am On Feb 27, 2015
Dont tell me what I already have in mind.

GEJ is a no go area.

I have decided to march4Buhari

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by waternogetemeny: 8:32am On Feb 27, 2015
Whether yoruba vote or not. CIA is working hard to divide us.

A vote for GEJ is for Nigeria continuation.. Vote wisely!
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by bakila: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Loads of shhit! Yoruba votes will be split and shared like tomatoes next month tongue tongue tongue tongue
Good it was virtually one way last time.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by fkaz(m): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

And that is how jonathan will fail, yoruba won't give him bloc vote like 2011 election again.

To be generous, expect 65% vote for APC and 35% vote for PDP
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Sanchez01: 8:49am On Feb 27, 2015
gratiaeo:
But GEJ have started sharing his campaign rice in Yoruba towns, what else do yoruba want?
Read your post and re-read again. You mean to tell me rice is all you stand for in life? In as much as I hate the tribal game, Jonathan has used the same line to divide the country. If the Yorubas feel their people have been unjustly treated, then let them do whatever they desire and if otherwise, then so be it. What I'll not agree to is the fact that stomach infrastructure started from Yoruba lands. GEJ has succeeded in insulting the intelligence of the Yorubas and Nigerians. If you believe a bag of rice is capable of causing you to put your judgment aside, then it's a shame.

3 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 27, 2015
fkaz:

[s]
And that is how jonathan will fail, yoruba won't give him bloc vote like 2011 election again.

To be generous, expect 65% vote for APC and 35% vote for PDP[/s]

GEJ will get good yoruba votes tongue
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by CyberWolf: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2015
Did they vote for GEJ before?..95% of those hating GEJ did not vote for him in 2011, so there is no big deal....GEJ Till 2019 cool

5 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Rilwayne001: 9:30am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

GEJ will get good yoruba votes P

Which yoruba those ones in igboland undecided
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by lilflipnerd: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2015
REASON WHY A TANDRIOD WANTS YORUBA TO VOTE FOR JONATHAN

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by lilflipnerd: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
Did they vote for GEJ before?..95% of those hating GEJ did not vote for him in 2011, so there is no big deal....GEJ Till 2019 cool
southwest voted massively for GEJ
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 27, 2015
Thunder fire you all there, do you see any bag of rice being shared in East, after sharing parboiled rice, odourless fufu and ewa oloyin you still turn back and ask for appointments,

Afo rice ga asagbusi unu there grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by CyberWolf: 9:38am On Feb 27, 2015
lilflipnerd:
southwest voted massively for GEJ
thats a blatant lie..only none Yorubas residing in SW voted for him, the rest simply stayed at home..compare the presidential and gubernatorial votes in SW during 2011 election..
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Which yoruba those ones in igboland undecided

The ones in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti & Ondo. tongue tongue
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 27, 2015
gratiaeo:
we want something far better than a picture bridge.

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Rilwayne001: 9:45am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s] The ones in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti & Ondo. [/s]

You know you are joking ryt
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by aljharem(m): 9:46am On Feb 27, 2015
I am Yoruba from Lagos state and my vote and family's vote, street, entire extended family from father and mother, inlaws etc have Gej to vote for

I want to move forward in life not 30 years back

# forwardmarch
#Gejpdp

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by aljharem(m): 9:47am On Feb 27, 2015
I can give you a million and one reasons not to vote for buhari
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by lilflipnerd: 9:49am On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
thats a blatant lie..only none Yorubas residing in SW voted for him, the rest simply stayed at home..compare the presidential and gubernatorial votes in SW during 2011 election..
I guess this ur supposed non-yorubas residing in southwest even with the low turn-out

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by fkaz(m): 9:51am On Feb 27, 2015
waternogetemeny:
Whether yoruba vote or not. CIA is working hard to divide us.

A vote for GEJ is for Nigeria continuation.. Vote wisely!

Sai Buhari for one nigeria
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 27, 2015
Why would you hope on Jonathan, when you have Tinubu?
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You know you are joking ryt

This is serious matter not a joke. We have every right to take at least 60% of Sw votes after Afenifere, OPC and other have endorsed Jonathan and we will take our votes. tongue
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Remarkable: 9:59am On Feb 27, 2015
jobinto:
When I visited Ibadan, there’s a Yoruba lamentation that I found quite amusing. It’s usually a retort to a victimization of some description that they can’t explain: ki ni mo se fun yin? In the Nigerian parlance, it translates to “wetin I do for you?” In case there are non-Nigerians reading this, it means “what have I done to deserve this persecution?” Chief Kola Aderemi wrote in The Nation of December 23 that President Jonathan must have something against the Yoruba to allow for such sustained ill-treatment. “Nothing illustrates President Jonathan’s hatred for Yoruba,” he said, “better than the way he removed some Yoruba people from key positions on allegation of being too close to the former President Olusegun Obasanjo. To buttress my point, I recalled how he removed Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola as People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Secretary. Mr. Yomi Bolarinwa was removed as DG of Nigeria Broadcasting Commission, Otunba Segun Runsewe was removed as DG of Nigerian Tourism Development Commission (NTDC) and they were replaced with Igbo people.” Here is a selection of other Yoruba people that Jonathan sacked: Mr. Olu Oluleye, Executive Secretary, the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF) was sacked by Jonathan. CEO of the Accident Investigation Bureau, Dr. Samuel Oduselu was also sacked. Stella Oduah, sacked eight general managers at the FAAN in 2014, six of whom were Yoruba. The same minister employed 75 workers, 40 of whom were from the Southeast, her geo-political zone. The minister sacked the Rector of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria, Captain Adebayo Araba and replaced him with Captain Chinyere Kalu from the Southeast. The Director-General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, Mrs. Ola Onagoruwa, was sacked for “undisclosed reasons”. In fact, immediately after Yar’adua died, Jonathan went on Yoruba sacking spree. The result being, other than appointment that are constitutionally required, Yorubas are nowhere in his government. The Yorubas moved from the number one (position of President Obasanjo) to number 22. I’m not exactly sure how this reckoning was done, but it serves my purposes to use it. Whatever Jonathan has been told however, Yorubas don’t deserve this neglect. Many of them voted for him in 2011, but he’s got this weird conviction that those who voted him in the Southwest and the North are the Igbos resident in those areas. I sometimes do my morning jog with a Yoruba woman, a Muslim, who told me that in 2011 she voted Jonathan because she thought that was justice – because Niger Delta produces a chunk of the government income; however, she wouldn’t repeat that mistake again not because Jonathan dislikes the Yoruba people, but because the guy is useless to everybody, including the long suffering people of the Niger Delta. My own friend for many years, also a Yoruba Muslim, gave me the same reason for supporting Jonathan in 2011. I keep getting this “sense of justice” reason from the Yoruba people that I’m beginning to think that must something embedded in their culture. During our time in the diaspora, I had many Nigerian friends. The most religious of us and one of my closest neighbours is a Yoruba Muslim. Obviously, from the stories he told, his old father in Nigeria was also religious; in 2011, however, he told us his father was preparing to vote for Goodluck Jonathan. Make of that what you will but, the northern Yoruba and their southern brethren – Muslim and Christian – supported the president four years ago. It’s the reason why the Yoruba people shouldn’t let this betrayal go unpunished. The fortunate thing for Nigerians and particularly my party, is that many of them have long resolved to do this. That sense of justice will be used to shoot down Jonathan this month. You are an intelligent set of people. Do us all a favour, I call upon you in supplication, don’t vote Jonathan. As of this moment, the only Yoruba group which supports Jonathan is Afenifere. However, even Afenifere is divided. Afenifere Renewal Organization, ARG, said they didn’t support the endorsement of Jonathan enacted by Yinka Odumankin’s group. So the authentic Afenifere doesn’t support the president. The Oodua organization based in the US also distanced itself from the self-serving endorsement of Odumankin’s group. Civil rights activist, Moshood Erubami, summed it up: “No real Yoruba man or woman who supports a pan-Yoruba political and developmental agenda will vote for Jonathan in the coming election, because the Southwest has not gained anything from his administration. So let’s have a bloc vote from this intelligent and enterprising race. Jonathan shouldn’t continue, Yorubas must not allow him!

I was hoping that the advent of the internet, and thus, more education or enligtment, more of us will begin to see government's role and performance or accomplishments for "us" to be more than political appointments. So pardon me if I say that I am disappointed you based your assessment of the president on how many Yorubas in his cabinet. Let me ask you this, are you saying you would prefer a stranger from another village in your state, to be given a political appointment rather than a major highway in the SW being constructed/renovated?

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 27, 2015
aljharem:
I am Yoruba from Lagos state and my vote and family's vote, street, entire extended family from father and mother, inlaws etc have Gej to vote for

I want to move forward in life not 30 years back

# forwardmarch
#Gejpdp

Now this is the true Yoruba speaking. grin grin grin There are many other good Yorubas like you my brother and they will gather 80% SW votes for Jonathan.

All the Yorubas that are supporting buhari have been correctly classified by another good Yoruba-Prof Wole Soyinka. grin grin grin grin grin

I have a lot of respect for this man. cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Professor Yemi Osinbajo And Family. Pics / Finally, They Murdered Goodluck Jonathan / Top Ten Most Evil Dictators Of All Time (in Order Of Kill Count)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.