Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available (1633 Views)

System Update Available / What Is The Difference Between Kitkat, Lollipop, Jellybean, Marshmallow? / Gionee S5.1 Pro And F103 Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by LordReed(m): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2015
Just checked my System Update and saw the Kitkat Update was available. 800+mb whoops!

Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by Fulaman198(m): 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
Very nice but you know I have a Nexus 5 so I have Android Lollipop :-)
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by dazekid(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Christ, Kitkat is just being released for the s5.5.... When would Lollipop then come cry cry cry
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by LordReed(m): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2015
Fulaman198:
Very nice but you know I have a Nexus 5 so I have Android Lollipop :-)

Nice. Still think you'd get a WP10?
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2015
dazekid:
Christ, Kitkat is just being released for the s5.5.... When would Lollipop then come cry cry cry

Next year maybe grin grin
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by Fulaman198(m): 10:34am On Mar 01, 2015
LordReed:

Nice. Still think you'd get a WP10?

I'm really considering it because Windows phones have a much quicker upgrade cycle. Android devices biggest weakness is the fact that different skins/UIs are created by the manufacturers so often OS updates come at a much later time for some devices.
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by LordReed(m): 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

I'm really considering it because Windows phones have a much quicker upgrade cycle. Android devices biggest weakness is the fact that different skins/UIs are created by the manufacturers so often OS updates come at a much later time for some devices.

Honestly I wish OS updates came like app updates. What is attracting me to WP10 is the unification across form factor. If it is as good as Apple's I would really consider a switch.

2 Likes

Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by dazekid(m): 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
LordReed:

Honestly I wish OS updates came like app updates. What is attracting me to WP10 is the unification across form factor. If it is as good as Apple's I would really consider a switch.

If all the features being touted for windows phone 10 actually come to being, there is no way I am not switching, the centralization factor that is being speculated on is going to make my life so much easier, microsoft may even take advantage of this and up the prices on their flagships.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by dazekid(m): 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
LordReed:

Next year maybe grin grin

And to think the s5.5 is a Gionee flagship device angry angry angry
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by Ymodulus: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
dazekid:

And to think the s5.5 is a Gionee flagship device angry angry angry
Gionee S7 is now Gionee's flagship, though not fully launch but would be out at the MWC in barcelona in some few hours
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by Fulaman198(m): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
LordReed:

100% agree and that's the main reason I'm being drawn to WP10. Microsoft has done some phenomenal changes to the OS. I'm really looking forward to it and will replace my Nexus 5 sometime in late 2016.
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by Fulaman198(m): 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
dazekid:

If all the features being touted for windows phone 10 actually come to being, there is no way I am not switching, the centralization factor that is being speculated on is going to make my life so much easier, microsoft may even take advantage of this and up the prices on their flagships.

100% agree
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by dazekid(m): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ymodulus:

Gionee S7 is now Gionee's flagship, though not fully launch but would be out at the MWC in barcelona in some few hours

Yea a flagship is a flagship, if you cannot support your flagship devices, what then is to expect for your mid-range and low-end devices?
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by Ymodulus: 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
dazekid:

Yea a flagship is a flagship, if you cannot support your flagship devices, what then is to expect for your mid-range and low-end devices?

Gionee records millions and millions of sale not just in its brand but via OEM service, remittance, services offered to other companies. I think these are reasons Hionee not taking its users serious. After I bought the Gionee Elite 3 and sold it I promise never to get a gionee device till issues are addressed
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by dazekid(m): 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ymodulus:

Gionee records millions and millions of sale not just in its brand but via OEM service, remittance, services offered to other companies. I think these are reasons Hionee not taking its users serious. After I bought the Gionee Elite 3 and sold it I promise never to get a gionee device till issues are addressed

Exactly what my problem with them is. they abandon their devices immediately after they get their sales quota and it is typically unfair to the consumers, imagine buying the s5.5 at the then retail price and then needing to change phones to get an upgrade just like tecno
Re: GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available by Ymodulus: 8:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
dazekid:

Exactly what my problem with them is. they abandon their devices immediately after they get their sales quota and it is typically unfair to the consumers, imagine buying the s5.5 at the then retail price and then needing to change phones to get an upgrade just like tecno

You got me laughing at the wired TECNO

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Comparison Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Galaxy J7 / 'pokémon Go' For Android Not Available In Nigeria / The Best Android Phone To Buy For #20,000 In This Recession Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.