Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

A Specified Authentication Package Error: Losing Network Connect - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Specified Authentication Package Error: Losing Network Connect (4919 Views)

Fixed And Solved : Only The Specified SIM/USIM Card Can Be Used On The Device / How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / Specified Tokunbo Laptop/laptop Accessories U Want Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Specified Authentication Package Error: Losing Network Connect by Planner(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2006
Hello,

I have a small workgroup with 19 systems on it - all running Windows 2000
server. On one system I have a a printer, which is shared.

With no changes that anyone can think of, as of Monday, 3 of the systems,
seem to lose workgroup connectivity and can't print. Those systems can still
access the internet, email, etc, just losing local connectivity to the
workgroup but - can still ping within the workgroup either via IP address or
NETBIOS name.

If we try to view the printer, or browse the workgroup, we get an error
stating: "A Specified Authentication Package is Unknown".

All systems, the ones that work and those that are having the problems, are
configured the same way.

After rebooting, the systems seem to work fine for approximately 15 minutes.
We can not find any "trigger" for the loss of network connectivity.

Any suggestions
Thanks!
Planner
Re: A Specified Authentication Package Error: Losing Network Connect by Ugwumba(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2006
Hope this helps - have seen similar posts on this error message. Summary copied from solutions website below - please copy URL below for more details.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B887493

This issue may occur if the Authentication Packages registry entry is missing in the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
When you install or remove certain software programs, the programs may remove the Authentication Packages registry entry during the installation or removal process.
Re: A Specified Authentication Package Error: Losing Network Connect by Planner(m): 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2006
Thanks. I will check it out.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 840 G5 14" Corei5 7th Gen, 256ssd With Finger SOLD. / Line On My Laptop Screen / Free India Web Proxy With Test @ 08069577902

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.