Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC (1391 Views)

Women: Protect Your PVC So It Won't Be Used By Boko Haram / How To Know Your PVC Pickup Location / Find Your PVC Pickup Location;inec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Feb 27, 2015
Here are some of the facts you should know:

1. You won't 'vote' with your PVC

2. PVCs are meant for accreditations ONLY.

3. Once your card is certified OK by the PVC reader, you proceed to the usual ballot thumb-printing. The implication of this is that, if 1000 Nigerians come for accreditations, and 500 vacate their unit before voting, I can easily pay otondo corper and oga police N20,000 to help in thumb-printing additional 500. Same old way.

4. If you registered & retrieved your card in Alimosho Unit 1, Lagos state; your PVC despite the electronic & Mastercard jamboree, is useless outside Alimosho Unit 1 (as far as 2015 election is concerned). That Alimosho Unit 1 registered PVC cannot & will not work in Alimosho Unit 2.

5. Card readers work with SIM cards.The SIM shall transmit the number of accredited persons (not voters!) to a central office where figures (not PDP, APC figures) would be collated. Should there be any hijack or attack on the PVC reader, central figures would provide the 'stolen' accredited figures. But I ask, what should we expect in places where one can barely receive the GSM network?

I think JEGA has successfully wasted the billions allocated for electoral procedures. I think Nigerians deserve better. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 27, 2015
Thank you for telling us what was discussed on Channels TV this morning.

Nigerians deserve better so card readers must be used. No amount of intimidation by PDP can make INEC not to use the card readers.

cheesy
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Acidosis(m): 8:55am On Feb 27, 2015
Seun and other mods should push this thread to the front page. These aren't rumours, but facts credited to Lagos state INEC boss in a brief discussion on Channels TV (non verbatim).

The people need to know what lies ahead. PDP is right after all, no one is voting with PVC.
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Acidosis(m): 8:56am On Feb 27, 2015
berem:

Next!

Thanks for reading.
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by millhouse: 8:57am On Feb 27, 2015
haba
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 27, 2015
5. Card readers work with SIM cards.The SIM shall transmit the number of accredited persons (not voters!) to a central office where figures (not PDP, APC figures) would be collated. Should there be any hijack or attack on the PVC reader, central figures would provide the 'stolen' accredited figures. But I ask,what should we expect in places where one can barely receive the GSM network?
The emboldened is where I have problem. Nigeria's technology has not advance to the point where every places and regions enjoys good mobile communication networks. Even in the Urban areas we have problem of epileptic network, what happens to the hinterlands and villages where network is usually on and off? What happens to the card reading machine when the power goes down and the Generating set refused to transmit electricity in a particular Polling unit? I think these are important issues that we should look into when discussing the merit and demerit of the PVC and the reader to determine whether or not the card reader should be used. Personally, i have my own bias.

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Has any country tried this PVC system and worked? Guess INEC should make provisions for places without networks. So many issues to tackle on this PVC stuff. I just pray INEC gets it right at the end. #TeamNeverAgain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheap MTN Data for Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem, 1GB for N1,200 (Credit you within 5 minutes/ 24hours service available)

Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee)

Design a Simple Dynamic Website + Domain Name + Hosting in One Day for N30, 000 (Negotiable)

Call: 08107873795
Thanks and God bless
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 27, 2015
tell that to APC e-goats chanting change.....70% of them won't even vote....e-diots
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by justhelp(m): 9:07am On Feb 27, 2015
WITH OR WITHOUT PVC GEJ AND PDP has lost it already
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by ellguapo: 9:08am On Feb 27, 2015
The whole voting system and procedure has being a preponderance show of large scale synthetic faux. We can only hope the ballots will atleast reflect 50 percent of electorate decision. Unfortunately that's the maximum statistic we can hope for embarassed and I do hope the show work against the perpetrators undecided.

Let PDP and it cronies have a pill of their own medicine, just this once... 16 years!!! Ahh angry
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by OROZONE(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2015
PVC... Don't know if Permanent Voters Card or Polyvinyl Chloride.
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by deskossy(m): 9:16am On Feb 27, 2015
Its obvious this election will be rigged......ballot papers. .chai!
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Tonylyte(m): 9:22am On Feb 27, 2015
berem:

Nigerians deserve better so card readers must be used. No amount of intimidation by PDP can make INEC not to use the card readers.

cheesy
Did u read and digest the op's post? Madam ''one way''
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Jesusloveyou: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
The emboldened is where I have problem. Nigeria's technology has not advance to the point where every places and regions enjoys good mobile communication networks. Even in the Urban areas we have problem of epileptic network, what happents to the hinterlands and villages where network is usually on and off? What happens to the card reading machine when the power goes down and the Generating set refused to transmit electricity in a particular Polling unit? I think these are important issues that we should look into when discussing the merit and demerit of the PVC to determine whether or not the card reader should be used. Personally, i have my own bias.
inec has explain all that,are u now affraid of card reader?d spirit of rigging has enter u,d spirit of saTANiod
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 27, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
inec has explain all that,are u now affraid of card reader?d spirit of rigging has enter u,d spirit of saTANiod
What did INEC explain with respect to GSM network and in a situation where the Generating set refuse to power on?

Please be specific in your response
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by JosephineM: 9:58am On Feb 27, 2015
OROZONE:
PVC... Don't know if Permanent Voters Card or Polyvinyl Chloride.
all join ...
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 27, 2015
Jega is a disgrace.
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by walexzee11(m): 10:27am On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
The emboldened is where I have problem. Nigeria's technology has not advance to the point where every places and regions enjoys good mobile communication networks. Even in the Urban areas we have problem of epileptic network, what happens to the hinterlands and villages where network is usually on and off? What happens to the card reading machine when the power goes down and the Generating set refused to transmit electricity in a particular Polling unit? I think these are important issues that we should look into when discussing the merit and demerit of the PVC and the reader to determine whether or not the card reader should be used. Personally, i have my own bias.
The workings of the card reader is nothing to worry about. Where Network are bad, the card reader have the capability to store many Data pending the time network will be available before sending to INEC Data Base. There are also spare Reader for each polling units each having a battery life span of 20hrs each!

Its Great!
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2015
walexzee11:
The workings of the card reader is nothing to worry about. Where Network are bad, the card reader have the capability to store many Data pending the time network will be available before sending to INEC Data Base. There are also spare Reader for each polling units each having a battery life span of 20hrs each!

Its Great!
The emboldened should be looked into.
1. How many date is the reader capable of storing in the absence of GSM network?

2. What if there is perpetual network failure in a particular location all through the day?

3. What happens to hinterlands with no network? We can't say service is available in every nooks and cranies of Nigeria?

4. As for the Ba3 power, is it what INEC says, what the manufacturer/supplier says or what has been experienced?
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by DaBullIT(m): 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
Not my business

But here's what I know so far, each card reader has internal memory

Each file in the card reader is formatted to read only mode a setting that can only be undone with an INEC encryption key

Meaning it can't be edited or modified

Each memory in each card reader is customized to a particular polling unit per ward

Meaning if 100 people registered at garki, Abuja, the data on the file /memory will contain 100 voter's information

The reader verifies that the bio information on your pvc is valid (accreditation) which then gives you a go ahead to vote

Card reader does not require Internet

CARD INFORMATION can only be edited, modified or erased from inside INEC's base server

barcanista:
The emboldened should be looked into.
1. How many date is the reader capable of storing in the absence of GSM network?

2. What if there is perpetual network failure in a particular location all through the day?

3. What happens to hinterlands with no network? We can't say service is available in every nooks and cranies of Nigeria?

4. As for the Ba3 power, is it what INEC says, what the manufacturer/supplier says or what has been experienced?
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
DaBullIT:
Not my business

But here's what I know so far, each card reader has internal memory

Each file in the card reader is formatted to read only mode a setting that can only be undone with an INEC encryption key

Meaning it can't be edited or modified

Each memory in each card reader is customized to a particular polling unit per ward

Meaning if 100 people registered at garki, Abuja, the data on the file /memory will contain 100 voter's information

The reader verifies that the bio information on your pvc is valid (accreditation) which then gives you a go ahead to vote

Card reader does not require Internet

CARD INFORMATION can only be edited, modified or erased from inside INEC's base server

Bro, I have idea on how things work. While the INEC database may not be in cloud, it doesn't mean there won't be need for GSM network with respect to the reader. It is like this... When you slot in the card, it sends signal to the central DB, which validates the card and send back to the reader. What happens when there isn't GSM network?

Mind you the inec guy said it required gsm network, I don't know where you got your own info.
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by allenbaker5(m): 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
INEC has constantly assured Nigerians of the effectiveness of the card readers and I hope they take into consideration the effects it would have on the election if the readers refuse to perform
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by queensmith: 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
This is my problem - if authentication and voting is taking place at 2 seperate times, how are you going to ensure only accredited voters vote? Who is going to wait around all day to vote?
Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Jesusloveyou: 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
What did INEC explain with respect to GSM network and in a situation where the Generating set refuse to power on?

Please be specific in your response
nothing like gen set,or network busy,once d battery is charge,it can work for more than 12 hours,and d accreditation is btw 8am to 12noon,d card reader wil work for 4-5 hours.on gsm provider-d network wil be less busy, that day is work freeday, holiday.rural area is more effective in network,less busy. Pvc and card reader must be use,jega must conduct d election and no millitary,d era of rigging must stop.

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About 2015 Elections & Your PVC by Project400: 7:26am On Feb 28, 2015
Interesting smiley

(1) (Reply)

Photo: So, Is He Prof. Osinbajo's Father Or Brother? / Exposed: See How David Mark Misled Other Senators Into Confirming Obanikoro / Come Out And Meet Us On The Field Of Politics - Bode George To Oba Of Lagoons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.