Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari (648 Views)

"One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri / APC Will Not Be Able To Keep Its 1 Million Housing Units Promise – Buhari / How We Rigged Fayose Into Office – Ekiti PDP Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by ochejoseph(m): 9:46am On Feb 27, 2015
The All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), on Thursday, ruled out amnesty for   Boko Haram insurgents if elected President on March 28.

He said the activities of the sect which has so far killed over 13, 000 people since 2009,   had become a source of worry to many people within and outside the country.

Buhari was at the Royal Institute of International Affairs, Chatham House, London, where he addressed the world on various issues concerning the rescheduled general elections.

He said,   “I think I will not go to that office with that promise. I have said in my address how, at least 13,000 Nigerians have been killed by Boko Haram, how millions of them have been displaced and are now kept in different camps called Internally Displaced Persons camps.

“Schools have been burnt, there is so much disruption to normal life; people cannot farm and where they are able to farm, they cannot harvest. So, granting amnesty to Boko Haram will be unfair to the system.”

Buhari, who described himself as “a former military ruler and a converted democrat,” however stated that any insurgent caught would “be given the chance in civil courts to be properly prosecuted.”

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by seunfly: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2015
This is good.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2015
Don't worry, you won't be going into the office at all
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Mayor21(m): 9:53am On Feb 27, 2015
But u aint going to any office na
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by dunkem21(m): 9:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Hallucination.

Which office are you going to? grin
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by dridowu: 9:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Time for mercy have passed away for boko haram, now it is total victory for Nigeria against boko haram.
Say No To Boko Haram
Say Yes To Nigeria
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Chukwu94: 9:59am On Feb 27, 2015
Dats the people's general.. Sai buhari

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2015
OP, I know how pained you're.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2015
He spoke well.
Say no to Amnesty on Boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Arch1: 10:14am On Feb 27, 2015
Buhari
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by major466(m): 10:14am On Feb 27, 2015
The same Buhari who criticised GEJ for declaring state of emergency and complained that Boko Haram properties were being destroyed while Niger Delta militants are taken abroad for training A person who Speaks from both sides of his mouth cannot be trusted.
GEJ Till 2019!!!
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2015
berem:
He spoke well.

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Olofintoto(m): 10:18am On Feb 27, 2015
NEVER AGAIN will u rule this country Buhari!
Never again!

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 27, 2015
who is deceiving who...we know they are ur boys buhari......I heard u are in coma in london.anyway wish u slow recovery

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram: I Will Not Go Into Office With That Promise - Buhari by Redoil: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2015
berem:
He spoke well.
but you and ur fellow APC evil cyber vermins were shouting Amnesty for BH somtimes ago.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ISIS To Radicalise Nigerian Youths Schooling Abroad, FG Raises Alarm / God Does Not Rule Through The Ballot Box!!! - Church Watch / PDP (papa Deceive Pikin) At It Again. Must Read...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.