Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,451 members, 7,781,304 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:06 PM

Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech (762 Views)

Buhari Event At Chatham House (Link To Videos) / Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website / Buhari Off To UK, To Speak At UK's Chatham House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by blackfase(m): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2015
The All Progressives Congress, APC,
Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu
Buhari (retd), yesterday, in London gave a
speech at the at the Chatham House on
Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in
Africa: Nigeria’s Transition. Listed below are
some of the most striking quotes from
Buhari’s speech.

¤ I cannot change the past. But I can
change the present and the future.
¤ I am a former military ruler and a
converted democrat.’
¤ I have heard and read references to me
as a ‘former dictator’…I take
responsibility for anything that happened
under my watch ½
¤ Two things have bloomed in the present
administration: waste and corruption.’
¤ Because of the greed, profligacy and
corruption, Nigeria’s ‘wealth’ has not
translated to human development.’
¤ I assure you, if I become president, the
world will not have to worry about Nigeria
as it is now.
¤ To vote for the continuity of failure or to
elect progressive change. I believe the
people will choose wisely
¤ Any war waged on corruption should not
be misconstrued as settling old scores or
a witch-hunt. I’m running for President to
lead Nigeria to prosperity and not
adversity.
¤ As you all know, I had been a military head
of state in … But the global triumph of
democracy has shown that another and a
preferable path to change is possible.
¤ On corruption, there will be no confusion
as to where I stand. Corruption will have
no place and the corrupt will not be
appointed into my administration.

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:57am On Feb 27, 2015
God bless Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by blackfase(m): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
Profound speech by an uprightly modest individual.....
In other news, anyone interested in the
manufacture of SPEECH BOMBs, do check my
sigi......

UrennaNkoli:
God bless Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by AmakaDNB(f): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
Buhari is the man of the moment! Whoever is content with this present administration is a thief like them.
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by Trut(m): 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
Whatever

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by Splashme: 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Rubbish. Talk is cheap.
Buhari should tell all that to the gods
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by blackfase(m): 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Correkt woman....
sigi......

AmakaDNB:
Buhari is the man of the moment! Whoever is content with this present administration is a thief like them.

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by daimsy(f): 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Liking this man already.he sounds positive and with strong conviction that nigeria under his government will give birth to the long awaited CHANGE that is needed.however, we still need to ask God to give us a better leader.

It is well with nigerians.
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by blackfase(m): 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
Your very right. Hes not d best Nigeria can/ should offer but hes d best this election has thrown up.

daimsy:
Liking this man already.he sounds positive and with strong conviction that nigeria under his government will give birth to the long awaited CHANGE that is needed.however, we still need to ask God to give us a better leader.

It is well with nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by blackfase(m): 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by blackfase(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
blackfase:
Profound speech by an uprightly modest individual.....
sigi......

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by daimsy(f): 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
blackfase:

Your very right. Hes not d best Nigeria can/ should offer but hes d best this election has thrown up.

well, let's watch as these dramatic politigation unfolds. grin
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by kestolove95(m): 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
God bless Buhari.
. Ameen swthrt
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by kestolove95(m): 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
Buhari ur head dey. Dia
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by blackfase(m): 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
God bless Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is 40% Of Our Problem NASS 40%, 20% Us. / Why Nigerians Must Reject the Second Coming of Buhari - By Femi Aribisala / Obasanjo @78 plays, scores two goals at birthday novelty match(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.