Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Jonathan’s Visit To Lagos A Waste – Fashola, Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Visit To Lagos A Waste – Fashola, Ambode (545 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Bola Tinubu,Fashola & Ambode / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Visit To Lagos A Waste – Fashola, Ambode by jonathan12345: 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, and the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in the state, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, on Thursday, took a swipe at President Goodluck Jonathan for his repeated visits to Lagos ahead of the March 28 presidential election.

They said the President was only being deceived by the state leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party as Lagosians would not vote for him.

While speaking at a rally in the Ifako/Ijaye Local Government Area of the state, Fashola said although Jonathan had a right to visit the state, his recent visits were hypocritical because when Lagos was facing its biggest challenge during the Ebola outbreak, the President never visited the state.

He, therefore, urged the people of the state not to be deceived by the visits.

Fashola accused the President of distributing dollars during his five-day visit to the state last week, adding that Jonathan’s planned visit to Lagos on Sunday would amount to nothing.

He said, “They have said the President is coming to Lagos. He is welcome to come; Lagos is part of his constituency but we will not vote for him because when we needed him, he did not come to help us. When the international airport road was damaged and he promised to fix it, did you see him?

“When Ebola hit Lagos, did he come? When Kuramo Beach was overflowing and it was going to wipe out the entire Goshen Beach Estate, did you see the President? When I took him to Ibeju-Lekki, where people were losing their lands, we flew in a helicopter to the place but after that, the President never returned. I wrote letters and appealed but no response.

“We have been using your taxes to protect those communities. So, you have been on your own, with your own party and government. So, he can come 200 times but will you vote for him? The only time the President works is a few weeks to elections. When there was security problem in Lagos, who was buying guns and patrol vehicles for the police? Was it not us?”

Ambode said his supporters were free to collect money from Jonathan when he comes to visit on Sunday. He, however, urged the people of the state not to sell their PVCs to the PDP.

“When they offer you dollars, collect it, it is our money. But vote for us,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/jonathans-visit-to-lagos-a-waste-fashola-ambode/
Re: Jonathan’s Visit To Lagos A Waste – Fashola, Ambode by CHM11: 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
He didn't do much in Lagos, but he did something positive somewhere as a president with limited powers. What did Buhari do as Head of state with unlimited powers??....

Fashola shouldnt lose his standards because of a party!!!..... He is the only reason many people consider APC worthy at all....
Re: Jonathan’s Visit To Lagos A Waste – Fashola, Ambode by tobiakiode: 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
So, the video is here for my brothers and sisters to hear from him directly. I think people should stop deluding themselves with fantasy, sentiments and empty noise.

If you don't know him, humble yourself to research and get to know him than 'they said' 'I heard' and all the propaganda flying about. The real people who should be annoyed about him for putting them in prisons and all sorts of punishments have forgiven and now supporting him. They see better the reasons for his actions after years of suffering that has followed, because they wanted to have things their way. These same people are supporting him now.

If things were really better than this in his time and my parents haven't denied it, I want to experience this too! I don't want trial and error, time is no man's friend. It's not child's play for a man at his age who knew when things were great to still want to sacrifice his life to want to be a part of restoration. This isn't leadership by emergency, I see a leader who has served, not stopped serving and wants to serve because he has a vision that is clear. He said himself, 'if you're looking for a 100days in government miracle worker, I am not the one'. He's not bad as you paint him at all. He's winning more support everyday, like he won mine from the beginning. Everyone who is fed up of lawlessness, corruption, joblessness and other national diseases are rising up to reality and need for change. Let's make this change a reality for once in our time.

I think we youths need to get down our fantasy horses and think for once, how long we will be youths for - before it's too late! I understand many of us were young enough not to understand what happened in his time, but we are not babies anymore and our ability to think objectively shouldn't be beclouded by how much we don't understand, because of whatever reasons best known to us. Please, do your research and have peace of mind, who ever you choose to support.

As for me, #IHaveDecided and I am backing this man. Listen here http://www.tobiakiode.com/group/save-nigeria/video/20

Have you decided?
http://www.tobiakiode.com/politics
Re: Jonathan’s Visit To Lagos A Waste – Fashola, Ambode by deskossy(m): 12:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
Why e dey pain fashola sef...let it go already!
Re: Jonathan’s Visit To Lagos A Waste – Fashola, Ambode by Splashme: 12:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
*[b]Lagos – Kano Rail Revival Commissioning of New Air Conditioned Train Coaches and other rail way Services in Lagos

*SURE – P Projects on Primary Health Centre.

*160b naira Lagos - Ibadan expressway

*Construction of Adiuyan water works phase II near Lagos

*Third Mainland Bridge phase 2

*Apapa – Orile – Mile 2 – Cele, Oshodi road rehabilitated

*The Federal Government under writes a ₦40B loan for infrastructural and educational development in Lagos (2014)

*Rehabilitation of the Muritala Muhammed International Airport Lagos

*Lagos – Sagamu road reconstruction

*Installation of 1000 Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras to boost security of lives and property

*Ikorodu – odogunyan – Shagamu 132KV double circuit transmission line

*2 x 60 MVA, 132/33KV Substation at Odogunyan and Ayobo with 132KV double – circuit transmission line Ikeja west – Ayobo.

*Omotosho – Epe – Aja 330KV double – circuit transmission Line, Omotosho – Erukan – Ogijo 330KV double Circuit transmission line

*Provision of additional 2 x 150MVA, 330 / 132KV Transformer capacity at Olorunsogo transmission station.

*Federal Government College Laboratory refurbished in Ijanikin – Lagos.

*Rehabilitation of the National Theatre Iganmu – lagos.

*Establishment of Nigerian Army dog Centre at Ipaja lagos.

*Establishment of Cancer Treatment Centre at the Federal Medical Centre, Ebutte Metta.

*Establishment of Maritime Institute at the University of Lagos
[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Rigging Tape: PDP May Abandon Fayose, Obanikoro And Others. / Never Again! / Chad Troops Seize Town Of Dikwa From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.