Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech (748 Views)

Buhari Event At Chatham House (Link To Videos) / Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website / Buhari Off To UK, To Speak At UK's Chatham House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by Islie: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
The All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), yesterday, in London gave a speech at the at the Chatham House on Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria’s Transition. Listed below are some of the most striking quotes from Buhari’s speech.

[b]°I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future

°‘I am a former military ruler and a converted democrat.’

°I have heard and read references to me as a ‘former dictator’…I take responsibility for anything that happened under my watch

°‘Two things have bloomed in the present administration: waste and corruption.’

°‘Because of the greed, profligacy and corruption, Nigeria’s ‘wealth’ has not translated to human development.’

°‘I assure you, if I become president, the world will not have to worry about Nigeria as it is now.

°To vote for the continuity of failure or to elect progressive change. I believe the people will choose wisely

°Any war waged on corruption should not be misconstrued as settling old scores or a witch-hunt. I’m running for President to lead Nigeria to prosperity and not adversity.

°As you all know, I had been a military head of state in … But the global triumph of democracy has shown that another and a preferable path to change is possible.

°On corruption, there will be no confusion as to where I stand. Corruption will have no place and the corrupt will not be appointed into my administration.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/chatham-house-10-amazing-quotes-from-buharis-speech/

2 Likes

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by Chanchit: 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mtcheeeeew! Let me give you ten quotes from GEJ, I mean inspiring quotes.

Abeg make una no vex, I still dey find am eh.

3 Likes

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by Boss13: 12:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Touching quotes I must confess. I just don't know if Nigerians will give Buhari a chance. It always appears Nigerians prefer worst situations than a relief.

In my honest opinion, if we do want corruption to stop - Buhari is the man. The inequality in our country is just unprecedented and should not be the case. What is the hope of an average Nigerian child with just a dream but no financial support and education? I bet you know where that child will end. This needs to stop. We all need to compete fairly.
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by EngrRolly(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
Well I didn't follow his speech literally buh if sai buhari made those salient proclaimations he should be massively supported
But yet it should be understood that the present administration has also made pummelling steps in curbing corruption
Buh av recorded few success.

I remembered someone tellin me an old sayin that "the devil u know is better than the angel u don't".

Now the puzzle is we've known this two "devils" and they both acclaims they are "angels" wit glossy statements they make in their respective speeches. Who shd get ur vote?

If u ask me I will only frown,spit and then walk away!
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by Truth24(m): 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
So he never reference to his "missing" certificates?

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by dre11(m): 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
Chanchit:
Mtcheeeeew! Let me give you ten quotes from GEJ, I mean inspiring quotes.

Abeg make una no vex, I still dey find am eh.

Just like how we still dey find the 1.5million jobs he said he did created

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by dre11(m): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
Truth24:
So he never reference to his "missing" certificates?

You can go directly to the court and lodge your complaint there

So, yours will be number 11 on the queue

2 Likes

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by Truth24(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
dre11:

You can go directly to the court and lodge your complaint there

So, yours will be number 11 on the queue
Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by GeneralBosco: 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
[s]
Truth24:

Hypocrites
[/s]
Hurry up so you can get the 11th spot grin
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by dre11(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Truth24:

Hypocrites

Can't hold the truth any longer
Re: Chatham House: 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech by tunex23: 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sai Buhari

(1) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Defends "Democrat By Instinct" GEJ On Sky News / Linda Ikeji Launches New Official Windows Application / EFCC Clears The Air On Fake Document Ordering Probe Of APC Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.