Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,833 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents (20372 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo / Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Ptimes: 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has denied media reports that he deliberately arrived late at the birthday celebration of former President Shehu Shagari, after the departure of other past leaders and President Goodluck Jonathan.

President Shagari’s 90th birthday was marked with an unusual fanfare Wednesday with President Jonathan and all former Nigerian leaders, except Muhammadu Buhari, in attendance.

Mr. Obasanjo arrived only after his colleagues had left after the cutting of the birthday cake, fuelling media speculation he deliberately delayed the trip to avoid a meeting with Mr. Jonathan, who has faced a barrage of criticisms from him ahead of elections in March.

But the former president denied snubbing the president and other past leaders, saying he had no cause to backtrack on what they all agreed to do together in Mr. Shagari’s honour.

Mr. Obasanjo said it was “unfortunate” he arrived President Shagari’s home Sokoto late, and blamed a traffic gridlock in Lagos for the delay.

“I have read with dismay the imputation of some section of the media to the unfortunate incident of my not being able to be with my colleagues at the birthday celebration of President Shehu Shagari on Monday 25 February,” Mr. Obasanjo said in a statement Friday.

“Leaving Abeokuta at 6:45am and hoping to fly out of Lagos airport at 8:30am, to Sokoto, we ran into a very bad traffic hold-up that made me get to Lagos airport at 10:45am.”

Mr. Obasanjo accused the media of failing to report his apologies to Mr. Shagari during the visit.

“I did not arrive at Shagari’s house until about mid-day by which time the team of my colleagues had left. It is a pity that the media did not report my profuse apologies to both Shagari and other colleagues when I spoke at Shagari’s house.

“I had no cause to dodge, avoid or snub my colleagues for what we all agreed to do together,” he said.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/177628-obasanjo-denies-snubbing-jonathan-shagari-other-ex-presidents.html

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Niwdog(m): 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
Go and tell them pDp is coming back again

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by richol(m): 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
#OBJconfusedtotheinnercore

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
Still tinking, who d hell is obasanjo? Can someone remind me abt d old fool undecided

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by sefe73(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
OBJ is at it again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Slynonny(m): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
Agents of darkness must you guys use the media to carry out your nefarious activities?
Why not find something meaningful to do with your time.
You guys keep spreading lies and propaganda in the media
I thank God for Fayose if not for him APC for deceive me with their lies.
That's a good one Fayose pls keep it up.
They nearly killed our beloved president and his family with attacks but as humble as he is he never for once complained.
Just a little dose of attack on Mallam Buhari and he is already peeing in his pants.
In other news.
How you living Mr Ayo Fayose for exposing APC lies and propaganda?
Ans: In Mansion and Benzes giving headache to APC and it feels stupendous.
How you feeling Mr Femi Fani Kayode for dumping APC?
Ans: Am feeling good like never before.
APC is dead and is on the news.
How do you feel going back to PDP Mr Barcanista?
I feel at home.
Is been a long time coming and am glad am finally home.
Just like the biblical prodigal son i've realised my mistakes and gone back to PDP.
In Jonathan we have seen real and positive change.
Vote Wisely GEJ 2019

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
Whether Navigator Obj snubs or not, Jonathan isn't bothered. The task of retaining Jonathan in Aso Rock does not need any distraction. We have a patriotic duty to change Nigeria from within the Jonathan led PDP. In summary, No Vacancy In Aso Rock Till 2019

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Bloodyvampire: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
barcanista:
Whether Navigator Obj snubs or not, Jonathan isn't bothered. The task of retaining Jonathan in Aso Rock does not need any distraction. We have a patriotic duty to change Nigeria from within the Jonathan led PDP. In summary, No Vacancy In Aso Rock Till 2019

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Wetin Ebora Owu wan snub am for?

Jona cannot do anything to Him naa .

The worst He can do is to beg OBJ to return to PDP.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by james669: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
OBJ denies anything and everything including banging his daughter inlaw. forgive us for not believing anything you say again sir

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by amakenny: 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
OBJ should be thanking his God for long life instead of impeding the administration of young people who govern Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by seedorfg(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
igbayen wan ko, eh ehn, jonathan ko shagari nii, if u like snub clueless, idc, all i know is 'sai buhari

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by tuffgongjo(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obj the Cat.
The Sly one.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by seunmsg(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
Obasanjo has no reason to snub Jonathan. Baba is the blunt type that will tell you his mind whether you like it or not.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by ShakurM(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
“So, if I talk, I know what I’m saying. Whoever wants, should listen to me and whoever feels otherwise, may turn a deaf ear. But when I’m talking, I’m talking with my understanding and intellect. I’m drawing from my experience and from what I’ve learnt with others and from other countries and fellow eminent citizens of the world that I relate with. But leave all of that.”- OBJ

I hail you sir.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Calebosko(m): 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
story for ODIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Still tinking, who d hell is obasanjo? Can someone remind me abt d old fool undecided
he is an APC tout

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by vicoloni(m): 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Baba may have had his cup filled with antics but I know that someday in the nearest future Nigerians will come to appreciate his person. I really love his guts.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by ignis: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
With or without Obasanjo, GEJ is gonna be in Aso Rock till 2019. Obasanjo, the old arrogant silly foool is fully aware of that.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Bloodyvampire:

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019
God bless Bloodyvampire

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by robosky02(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
meanwhile checkout the pictures of all the ex presidos and Jonathan at shagari birthday. were obasajo was.......

here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2168752/president-jonathanobasanjo-other-former-leaders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by AmakaDNB(f): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
OBJ always doing n denying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by hensben(m): 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
How were you able to know he is a fool if you claim not to know him.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by dunkem21(m): 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Tired of OBJ this; OBJ that. Whether he came or not, The party has taken place.

His excuse didn't fly. If he was to deliver a lecture on his book(the watch), he would be seated 45 mins before time.

OBJ will never forgive anybody that uses traffic jam as an excuse for not attending his gbedu @ Ota farms.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents by Muhammadkhan: 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thank you sir chief obasanjo, when a kid no wan hear word disown him, #WHENsomoneCARRYbomb run away from him,
what an old man saw sitting a kid can't see even he climb mountain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience / Militants Bomb Agip Pipeline In Imo / Peter Obi's Policy Document Is Empty, offers Nothing New To Nigerians - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.