Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! (11037 Views)

How To Understand John 5:19 / 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation / 1 John 5:7 : The Real Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by CANTICLES: 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
dejilg:
from this ur reply I now know dat u don't even know wat Trinitarianism is about. If u dnt know the difference between "a person" and "a human being", den how can u grasp it wen the trinity uses the words "Person" and "Being" to summarize the so so Scriptural doctrine of the ONE Being of God shared by three co equal, eternal and powerful Persons?

Instead of you to think deep about his questions, you are busy defending what u dont understand... Infact Answer This:

1) If The Trinity doctrine is true, and they are truly one, WHAT HAPPEN TO THE Father and holyspirit, WHEN the son died for three days ?? Did they also die ??

If they are truly one , why didnt the Father and holyspirit also dead ?

... next

1 Like

Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:
Simple, isn't? Those fellows who believe in trinity or that Jesus is God are polytheists. Aren't they reading the same Bible.
The last time I checked, u could not defend ur murderous prophet. U r even less competent here, so buzz offf. Lol!
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

The last time I checked, u could not defend ur murderous prophet. U r even less competent here, so buzz offf. Lol!
Exist strategy. I got you.
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by sleekymag(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
I was once surprised when I saw the Jehovah's Witnesses bible was different from King James version particularly with this scripture 1 John 5:7. I had thought only difference was in the constant use of Jehovah rather than God. Colossians 1:15-17 says Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God. Yes he is the first born of every creature, but by him were ALL things created, whether in heaven on earth, visible or invisible. All things were created by him and for him. He is before all things and by him all things consist.

Verse 18 says that in all things Christ might have preeminence. God is happy with that and can't be jealous of His Son cos verse 19 of Colossians 1 says"For it pleased the Father that in him (Christ Jesus) should ALL fullness dwell.
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:
Exist strategy. I got you.
Exit for u. I aint going nowhere. My christian brethren and I r having exegesis. It has nothing to do with Muhammed (pbuh)
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
CANTICLES:

Instead of you to think deep about his questions, you are busy defending what u dont understand... Infact Answer This:

1) If The Trinity doctrine is true, and they are truly one, WHAT HAPPEN TO THE Father and holyspirit, WHEN the son died for three days ?? Did they also die ??

... next
Hw childish! At dt point only the word was in d flesh.
What d concept should teach u is that God's spoken word could be whatever it wants to be to the extent of taking on flesh. The voice of God was even walking in the garden of eden.

gen3.8.kjv And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

The word is also able to grant u access to become a child of God
jhn1.12-14.kjv But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Let scripture train u in d things of the spirit. Do not be misguided by judging spiritual with physical
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
And I am my muslim brethren too have exegesis. And it has nothing to do with Paul, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. Our exegesis however has everythig to do with Jesus the son of Mary
Bobbysworld28:

Exit for u. I aint going nowhere. My christian brethren and I r having exegesis. It has nothing to do with Muhammed (pbuh)
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:
And I am my muslim brethren too have exegesis. And it has nothing to do with Paul, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. Our exegesis however has everythig to do with Jesus the son of Mary
Wow. The son of Mary or the Lord of all?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Wow. The son of Mary or the Lord of all?
Quran:
2:87 "We gave Jesus the SON OF MARY clear (signs) and strengthened him with holy spirit

2:253 "....To Jesus the SON OF MARY......

3:45 "O Mary! Allah gave you glad tidings of a word from Him; his name will be chrst Jesus, the SON OF MARY....

4:157 "That they said (in boost), "we killed Jesus the SON OF MARY, the MESSANGER of Allah...."

4:171 ".....Christ Jesus the SON OF MARY was no more than messanger of God...."

5:17 "In blashemy indeed are those who say that God is Jesus the SON OF MARY.

5:46 "And in their footsteps, We sent Jesus the SON OF MARY confirming the Law that was revealed before him

5:72 "They do blashemy who say: 'God is christ the SON OF MARY. "But christ said Oh Israel worship your Lord and my Lord..."

5:75 "Christ Jesus the SON OF MARY was no more than messanger of Allah

5:78 "Curses was prounuced on those who reject Faith among the children of Israel by David and Jesus the SON OF MARY because they disobeyed and persisted in excesses"

5:110 "O Jesus the SON OF MARY! Recount My favor to you and your mother..."

5:112 Behold! the disciples said: " O Jesus the SON OF MARY! can thy Lord send down table set (with viands)....'

5:114 "Jesus the SON OF MARY said: "O Allah our lord..."

These should be enough. Keep reading from the link and THINK !
http://jaq.org/blog/2009/10/10/all-passages-about-jesus-in-the-quran/
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:
Quran:
2:87 "We gave Jesus the SON OF MARY clear (signs) and strengthened him with holy spirit

3:45 "O Mary! Allah gave you glad tidings of a word from Him; his name will be chrst Jesus, the SON OF MARY....

4:157 "That they said (in boost), "we killed Jesus the SON OF MARY, the MESSANGER of Allah...."

5:46 "And in their footsteps, We sent Jesus the SON OF MARY confirming the Law that was revealed before him

5:72 "They do blashemy who say: 'God is christ the SON OF MARY. "But christ said Oh Israel worship your Lord and my Lord..."

5:78 "Curses was prounuced on those who reject Faith among the children of Israel by David and Jesus the SON OF MARY because they disobeyed and persisted in excesses"

5:112 Behold! the disciples said: " O Jesus the SON OF MARY! can thy Lord send down table set (with viands)....'

As in I should take d word of a demond possessed pedophile who murdered countless over that of the one who healed d sick, fed thousands from 'nothing, raised the dead, forgave sins, stopped a storm, walked on water etc?
Impossicant!
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dolphinheart(m): 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
@ empiree , why are you here? You dnt believe in the scriptures (bible) and the jesus u know is different from the jesus being discussed here. So pls dnt bring the koran into this ( enough killing done by that book already, and we dnt want that here) .

Now to trinitarians ill like as ask the questions
What is the trinity .?
. Is jesus the father?
Are they the same?

Is 1 john 5:7 saying jesus, father and holy spirit bear witness in heaven part of the original manuscripts?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Did Op complain?. No. You are talking about my prophet, Jesus the son of Mary, the messanger of God. So it concerns me. You hear?. I will only respect 1 thing, and that's if Op says he doesnt need my contributions. Clear?
dolphinheart:
@ empiree , why are you here? You dnt believe in the scriptures (bible) and the jesus u know is different from the jesus being discussed here. So pls dnt bring the koran into this ( enough killing done by that book already, and we dnt want that here) .

Now to trinitarians ill like as ask the questions
What is the trinity .?
. Is jesus the father?
Are they the same?

Is 1 john 5:7 saying jesus, father and holy spirit bear witness in heaven part of the original manuscripts?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:
Did Op complain?. No. You are talking about my prophet, Jesus the son of Mary, the messanger of God. So it concerns me. You hear?. I will only respect 1 thing, and that's if Op says he doesnt need my contributions. Clear?
I answered u regarding Jesus. Take a cue
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by CAPTIVATOR: 7:47am On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:

Jesus said: " love your neighbour as yourself" , and a certain man asked " WHO really is my neighbour ? " so, Jesus answered with a brilliant illustration, that our neighbour can either be a Jew, a Samaritan , ANYONE .

SO, YOU ARE WELCOME BRO

1 Like

Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by ayindejimmy(m): 8:14am On Mar 01, 2015
Bobbysworld28:
In one of ur posts, u mentioned dt one can get info abt his/her pvc by text message.Kindly tell me how. I am interested

Send the following to 20120
INEC, state of registration, surname, last 5 digits of the number on ur tvc.
I hope it helps
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dejilg(m): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:
Simple, isn't? Those fellows who believe in trinity or that Jesus is God are polytheists. Aren't they reading the same Bible.
that makes me wonder, cos I just see u ignore all d texts of the Bible that says Jesus is God and identifies Him as YHWH
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 1:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
dejilg:
that makes me wonder, cos I just see u ignore all d texts of the Bible that says Jesus is God and identifies Him as YHWH
Empty post. All you have to do is proof "Jesus is God". Enough of this empty post. But before you defend it, let me quickly remind you there are many other Christians who defer from your creed
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dejilg(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
CANTICLES:

... next
Again u start with the premise of God's nature and Being same as that of "humans"---

Now let me expose ur rather silly arguments, since u already conceived d fact that I was supposed to answer a question u hv yet to pose...

1. If Jesus, the Father and HolySpirit are one (according to ur erroneous undastnding of the Trinity), then did u forget that even "humans" are spirits beyond the body and spirits don't die? How much more God guess u shld answer dat

2. according to our understanding of God's Being (One) shared by three (3) centres of Consciousness (Persons), Jesus died, while the Father is on His throne ruling in heaven, while the HolySpirit goes on to convict the world of sin...Jesus is God, the Father is God, the HolySpirit is God...the Father isn't the Son whom are in turn not the HolySpirit...they are different Persons but same Being described as "God" --- unless u just confuse urself and make a false type of Trinity n want me to respond to it...

Stop displaying ur ignorance on the Trinity! Pls
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dejilg(m): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:
Empty post. All you have to do is proof "Jesus is God". Enough of this empty post. But before you defend it, let me quickly remind you there are many other Christians who defer from your creed
if mine z empty, den urs z emptier cos even many muslims have creeds dat differ from urs!...I dnt need to prove to u dat "Jesus is God", I guess u read d Bible? what happened to d "prologue of John"
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dejilg(m): 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
I Could now go through all the Scriptures
that support the doctrine of the trinity,
however, there is a problem --THERE ARE
NO SUCH SCRIPTURES!

So let’s do something else. Let’s look at a
few Scriptures that Trinitarians claim add
credence to their theory. I will take no
more than a few pages to try and clarify
the Scriptural teaching on who, what, and
how many Gods there really are.

First of all we must dispense with I John
5:7 which reads in the King James Version
"For there are three that bear record
In heaven, the Father, the Word, and
The Holy Ghost
: and these three are
one."
There is a problem with this verse. The
words that I typed in bold print are not
Scripture. They should NOT be in the
Bible. There are many Bibles that do not
contain these words. Here are a few:

The Concordant Literal New
Testament: "...seeing that three there
are that are testifying, the spirit, and
the water, and the blood, and the
three are for the one thing."

New World Translation of the Holy
Scriptures: "For there are three
witness bearers, the spirit and the
water and the blood, and the three
are in agreement."

A New Translation by James Moffatt:
"The witnesses are three, the Spirit
and the water and the blood, and the
three of them are in accord."
The Emphatic Diaglott: "For there are
three which testify; the Spirit, and the
water, and the blood; and the three
are of one."

The Emphatic Diaglott has a footnote:
"This text concerning the heavenly
witnesses [as found in some
versions] is NOT contained in ANY
Greek manuscript which was written
earlier than the 15th century. It is not
cited by ANY of the Greek
ecclesiastical writers; nor by ANY of
the early Latin fathers..."

The Holy Bible--New Catholic
Version: "For there are three that
bear witness [in heaven: the Father,
the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and
these three are one. And there are
three that bear witness on earth]: the
Spirit, and the water, and the blood;
and these three are one."
The brackets are supplied by the
translators. This version also has a
footnote:

"According to the evidence of many
manuscripts, and the majority of
commentators, these verses should
read: ‘For there are three that bear
witness: the Spirit, and the water, and
the blood; and these three are one.’
The Holy See reserves to itself the
right to pass finally on the origin of
the present reading."

The New Testament from 26 Translations:
Footnote, page 1183:
"The words between ‘bear
record’ (verse 7) and ‘the
spirit’ (verse 8 ) are now recognized
as not adequately supported by
original manuscripts."

As those words were hand written in a
copy of a manuscript as late as the 15th
century and do not appear in ANY Greek
manuscript, they have no place in the
inspired Word of God.

http://bible-truths.com/
I advise you stop ressurecting the Arian heresy which was defeated centuries ago by the Church through the holy St Athanasius the Great, Partriarch of Alexandria. Now 1500 years later comes Charles Taze Russell to resurrect the teachings of the arch-heretic Arius. The Church was guided by the Holy Spirit as promised by Christ to define the Trinity and I am sure St Athanasius did not use your verse to defend the Divinity of Jesus. How about John 1 *the Word became flesh*...or St Thomas exclaiming *My Lord and my God*...or the great commission to baptise in the name of the *Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit*? How do you understand them?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:
Quran:

Who is "We" in your first verse?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Man, you not defending anything. You just talking basically. If you cant defend it then....check your creed. And you talk about John, you mean the last of of the Gospel?. So according to you he's the only one that explained "Divinity of Jesus" yet copied his essay from Mathew, Mark anf Luke. Pls take a back sit.

No, muslims have same creed when it comes to Divinity of God. No muslim believe any prophet or messanger is God. Get your fact right.
dejilg:
if mine z empty, den urs z emptier cos even many muslims have creeds dat differ from urs!...I dnt need to prove to u dat "Jesus is God", I guess u read d Bible? what happened to d "prologue of John"
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:
Man, you not defending anything. You just talking basically. If you cant defend it then....check your creed. And you talk about John, you mean the last of of the Gospel?. So according to you he's the only one that explained "Divinity of Jesus" yet copied his essay from Mathew, Mark anf Luke. Pls take a back sit.

No, muslims have same creed when it comes to Divinity of God. No muslim believe any prophet or messanger is God. Get your fact right.
John copied from who? Pls dont go about advertising ur ignorance like this. It is shameful that ur mentor is a disaster to mankind.

1jn1.1-2.kjv That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

Does d above look like someone who copied from others? Evn his writing style is different.
I tire for u o!
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dejilg(m): 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:

Now u keep running from facts! so now u have a problem becos "its d last of the Gospels"? and whom said its d only 1 dat teaches abt Jesus being God do u ever reason and actually interact honestly with those dat don't accept ur view? so do u now agree that John teaches that Jesus is God or u'd dismiss like dis "its d last of the Gospels, so its nt authentic"....lolzzz, are u kidding me? Divinity of God --- is dat supposed to make sense Since we ddnt argue abt God's Divinity but God's nature, and u know well dat muslims differ on dt views, so dnt even try lying abt it...i guess u'd hv to alight now ryt?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
"We" is NOT plural. It's a form of majesty, respect etc. "We" in the Quran is royal "We". It's basically a form of adjective. Read these short links for further understanding.
http://www.godallah.com/we_and_he.php
http://www.islam101.com/tauheed/AllahWE.htm
Papist:

Who is "We" in your first verse?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
dejilg:

Now u keep running from facts! so now u have a problem becos "its d last of the Gospels"? and whom said its d only 1 dat teaches abt Jesus being God do u ever reason and actually interact honestly with those dat don't accept ur view? so do u now agree that John teaches that Jesus is God or u'd dismiss like dis "its d last of the Gospels, so its nt authentic"....lolzzz, are u kidding me? Divinity of God --- is dat supposed to make sense Since we ddnt argue abt God's Divinity but God's nature, and u know well dat muslims differ on dt views, so dnt even try lying abt it...i guess u'd hv to alight now ryt?
Now your case is dismissed with. You dont make any sense. If you can't defend why Jesus is God then forget it.
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dejilg(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:
"We" is NOT plural. It's a form of majesty, respect etc. "We" in the Quran is royal "We". It's basically a form of adjective. Read these short links for further understanding.
http://www.godallah.com/we_and_he.php
http://www.islam101.com/tauheed/AllahWE.htm

superlies, are we posting sites now? should I post in replies to these?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

John copied from who? Pls dont go about advertising ur ignorance like this. It is shameful that ur mentor is a disaster to mankind.

1jn1.1-2.kjv That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

Does d above look like someone who copied from others? Evn his writing style is different.
I tire for u o!
https://www.nairaland.com/2172133/question-did-jesus-read-bible/1#2172133.47
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dejilg(m): 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
Empiree:
Now your case is dismissed with. You dont make any sense. If you can't defend why Jesus is God then forget it.

so now I no longer have to prove "Jesus is God" but prove "why Jesus is God"

U must be d new comedian on d block, can u prove to us "why allah is God"?
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by Empiree: 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
dejilg:

superlies, are we posting sites now? should I post in replies to these?
pls this is not meant for you. Kindly desist. Thanks
Re: 1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! by dejilg(m): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three Reasons To Get To Church On Time / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ / 10 Miracles By Ghana Fetish Priest Anokye Okomfo I Bet You Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.