Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers (63522 Views)

Imo State Farmers And Intending Farmers / 80 Acres Of Land Basically For Plantain Available For Cultivation In Ogbomoso / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by sped1oro(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
very educative, keep up the good work and more power to your elbow
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
FriedPlantain:
taking down notes. cool

FriedPlantain
grin grin
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Neduzze5(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
Spreads mat here... OP... The Lord is your strength

Please share an OriJin with me cool
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by slyger: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
bros na.. we de wait oh... by the way... gud one. this are the kind of treads meant to make fp.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by eonuegbu20: 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2015

GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS AND QUICK DELIVERY WHEN YOU ORDER ITEM'S on JUMIA.COM......Call/Text/whatsapp 08122204769 or mail @
Eonuegbu1@gmail.com to Place Your Orders.
[/quote]
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by anonimi: 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
Great thread.
Thanks OP for sharing your insight to encourage others.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by AreaFada2: 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
slyger:
bros na.. we de wait oh... by the way... gud one. this are the kind of treads meant to make fp.

Yes o.
Lesgup has been quietly doing a good job there in Agric section for a long time. World1, Landlord Hotmas, Madam Jethro, Jasper and others are not left out.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by slyger: 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
AreaFada2:

Yes o.
Lesgup has been quietly doing a good job there in Agric section for a long time. World1, Landlord Hotmas, Madam Jethro, Jasper and others are not left out.

have not really been to the agric section... but this post really caught me... think will start looking up the agric section....
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Noviolence2015: 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
This post is silly. Update on your original post and tag it part 1,2,3 etc... Don't post follow ups as new reply to your post.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by 100Cents: 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
After the humidity chamber/propagator with the sterilised sawdust has been prepared,then the next step is to source for good parent hybrid suckers.

The variety i make use of is the Giant French horn hybrid variety.
My next discussion will be on suckers
stay connected.

Here is the crux of your write up. Explain the quoted with stage wise pictures..
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Harvest09(m): 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Stay connected for more useful info on this thread.
You will be glad you did

Brother,I celebrate you,following you keenly,was the one that chat with u,about the land in abeokuta,have not been able to clear the land as fund is yet to be available,but it nice learning here,before I set out
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
subscribed
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
Thanks everyone for your comments.
Now the crux of the matter.

Talking about the suckers
The improved variety used is the Giant French Horn hybrid which produce good yield.

The best type to produce tissue cultured hybrid plants is the sword suckers
see pictures below

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by SamuelAgent(m): 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nice one bro.
Keep the good work.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
The next step is pairing of the sword suckers.
Pairing is the removal of roots amd cleaning of the suckers.

Lest i forget, the best bet for a profitable plantain farming business this season is to make use of TISSUED CULTURED HYBRID SUCKERS .
check some of my thread for more information on that.

More pictures on how pairing was done.

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by SamuelAgent(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
The next step is pairing of the sword suckers.
Pairing is the removal of roots amd cleaning of the suckers.

Lest i forget, the best bet for a profitable plantain farming business this season is to make use of TISSUED CULTURED HYBRID SUCKERS .
check some of my thread for more information on that.

More pictures on how pairing was done.

Where can one get the hybrid sucker ?
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
The next step is sterilising the suckers in hot water for 30seconds with the use of stopwatch.

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
SamuelAgent:

Where can one get the hybrid sucker ?
i sell the tissue cultured hybrid suckers
you can contact me

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:10am On Mar 06, 2015
This is where the technicality of tissue cultured suckers are;
Please pay attention here

The sheath of the treated plantain suckers are removed to expose bud as shown in the picture where a v-shaped bud shoots out after the sheath are being removed (a finger pointing towards the buds)
The bud are cross cut in the middle with a knife to kill the buds.

All buds are exposed and cross cut at the middle with a knife

2 Likes

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:13am On Mar 06, 2015
100Cents:

Here is the crux of your write up. Explain the quoted with stage wise pictures..
i will
stay connected.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:14am On Mar 06, 2015
SamuelAgent:
Nice one bro.
Keep the good work.
thanks.God bless you

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:15am On Mar 06, 2015
sped1oro:
very educative, keep up the good work and more power to your elbow
Thanks.God bless you.
keep following

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by lekan008(m): 12:16am On Mar 06, 2015
This is a great work so far. Thanks for contributing your quota to the Nation's development. Sir, can I've your contact sir?
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by SamuelAgent(m): 12:16am On Mar 06, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

i sell the tissue cultured hybrid suckers
you can contact me

How much per sucker?

Will a swampy land be suitable for planting?

Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by hotmas911(m): 8:29am On Mar 06, 2015
there is something special about Lesgupnigeria

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Following
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by 2baga(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
plantain has always been a preferred accompaniment for various meals for me....this looks promising.....
rice & dodo
beans & dodo
gari & dodo
plantain porridge etc on my mind grin grin grin
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:22am On Mar 07, 2015
lekan008:
This is a great work so far. Thanks for contributing your quota to the Nation's development. Sir, can I've your contact sir?
Thanks.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:23am On Mar 07, 2015
SamuelAgent:

How much per sucker?

Will a swampy land be suitable for planting?

Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
#100 per sucker
Swampy land is also suitable for plantain.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:23am On Mar 07, 2015
2baga:
plantain has always been a preferred accompaniment for various meals for me....this looks promising.....
rice & dodo
beans & dodo
gari & dodo
plantain porridge etc on my mind grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by SamuelAgent(m): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

#100 per sucker
Swampy land is also suitable for plantain.

Thanks for the info.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State / Folja Global Multiconcept... Fgm Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (doc) Online In Nig / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.