Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,334 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers (63518 Views)

Imo State Farmers And Intending Farmers / 80 Acres Of Land Basically For Plantain Available For Cultivation In Ogbomoso / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2015
Its only when you change your mindset about agriculture believing that you will make fortune, at that point,your power to succeed is assured
Do agricbiz
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Godspikin: 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
Godspikin:
Get cheap land for your agric project here

www.nairaland.com/2526007/irresistably-cheap-67-hectares-land#36956957
How accessible is the land to good road?
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2015
Plantain farming is not only sustainable,its also profitable.
Cash keep flowing to you for decades
Do plantain
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:46am On Aug 16, 2015
I promise to always give updated info whenever there is an improved way and methods of optimising yield and profit
Watch out my new thread on plantain sucker and production
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
The issue of wind breaker in plantain production.

I have heard a lot of false insinuation about using windbreakers for plantain.
Most intending farmers I meet always tell me they read it online that windbreakers is important in plantain production.
Making windbreakers are dependent on two factors,weather condition of an area and the specie of plantain.

First of all,most of the videos and articles being watched and read online are from countries where the velocity of wind is high and instructions are being given to plantain farmers to plant windbreakers.These countries also cultivate tall specie of plantain cultivar that falls easily due to high wind.
Mostv areas where plantain are cultivated in Nigeria are not susceptible to wind.

If your plantain is falling,your plantain farm might be under the attack of nematode eating up the stem or diseases through the use of untreated suckers.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Godspikin: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
How accessible is the land to good road?
Quite accessible, typical village road.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2015
Godspikin:

Quite accessible, typical village road.
OK.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
I believe when you share your experience,other people learn and grow.
Plantain farming is a business I keep learning and innovating everyday on how to make the business more profitable
Watch out for my latest thread on my plantain experiences
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by madas1086: 9:07am On Aug 22, 2015
I have been following this thread right from inception and am well convince that I should start this agribusiness but my major concern is topography am from Northern part of the country Niger state and I don't know whether I can grow this fruit in my area...Also how to get the sword sucker consider the distant from Oyo to Niger so I ll be very happy sir if u can help out
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2015
madas1086:
I have been following this thread right from inception and am well convince that I should start this agribusiness but my major concern is topography am from Northern part of the country Niger state and I don't know whether I can grow this fruit in my area...Also how to get the sword sucker consider the distant from Oyo to Niger so I ll be very happy sir if u can help out
Thanks for following. Niger state do not favour the cultivation of plantain.
You can get farmland where the weather condition is suitable for plantain cultivation.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by madas1086: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Thanks for following. Niger state do not favour the cultivation of plantain.
You can get farmland where the weather condition is suitable for plantain cultivation.
OK thanks very much but do u know of any place close to Niger state
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
madas1086:

OK thanks very much but do u know of any place close to Niger state
I don't know at the moment.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
You onpy earn more when you Learn more.
Get knowledge with our Free agribusiness training at farm locations in Sango ota and ogbomoso.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:03am On Aug 24, 2015
Poultry dung-The preferred manure for plantain

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:54am On Aug 24, 2015
One thing I have lesrnt this season is to always Learn and upgrade your capacity.
Add more skills
I will be empowering the next generation of agri-preneurs through training which will be free
Send me an email to get register
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2015
Doing business in agriculture require good knowledge with some practical skills.
Plantain is more than planting and harvesting
Stay connected to show you what plantain business is in my subsequent posts.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2015
I cannot overemphasise the advantages of plantainover other crops.
Its a money making machine.
Do plantain
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2015
Many newbie starting a plantain farm want to do it and go alone.
It will be a great mistake that can cost you a fortune trying to do it without a professional input.
Many entrepreneur are using more resources in starting what will have cost them lesser resources if right professional are consulted.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:21am On Aug 27, 2015
When you ask questions,you learn more.
Put across to me any question concerning agribusiness from land preparation to seedlings procuremnt to harvesting.
You can post it here or send me an email.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:47am On Aug 28, 2015
Do plantain.

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
When the agric sec
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2015
if you want to know more about plantain production,read,learn and stay connected to this thread for more.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Today, the number of farms producing plantain on a commercial scale in Nigeria is very few and this makes the demand for it high and profitable.
The demand for food consumption can never reduced due to the fact that our population keeps increasing daily.
Do plantain
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Heamah: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
I need some clarifications. The cost of setting up the farm to harvest is 420k/acre. I want to assume that this amount covers for up to the 1st harvest. Does that mean that you will hand over the farm to the investor since there will be subsequent spendings after the 1st harvest? You charge 20% of after-sale profit. That implies after 420k is deducted from the total sale for the first harvest/ year, you will charge your 20% on the remaining. what happens in the subsequent years? Explain your charges and the farm management after the first harvest
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by ibkgab001: 1:04am On Sep 02, 2015
Are you a product of Lautech Bro?

thanks for the Update about this plantain production ... i`m interested in this business but someone told me too many snakes walk around the plantation .. please how true is that? #snakephobia
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Bondesniger(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2015
Queendo:
Nice one

Wow good work
Experimental expo
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
Heamah:
I need some clarifications. The cost of setting up the farm to harvest is 420k/acre. I want to assume that this amount covers for up to the 1st harvest. Does that mean that you will hand over the farm to the investor since there will be subsequent spendings after the 1st harvest? You charge 20% of after-sale profit. That implies after 420k is deducted from the total sale for the first harvest/ year, you will charge your 20% on the remaining. what happens in the subsequent years? Explain your charges and the farm management after the first harvest

The farm is handed over to the investor after the first harvest.

I hope you understand ?
The amount expended for the Plantain cultivation is deducted from the sales before the 20% charge is deducted.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
ibkgab001:
Are you a product of Lautech Bro?

thanks for the Update about this plantain production ... i`m interested in this business but someone told me too many snakes walk around the plantation .. please how true is that? #snakephobia
I am a proud alumni of lautech
if your farm is bushy, animals will use it as a reside,sometimes I even do see elephants in some people's farm.grin

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by kunkcraze(m): 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

I am a proud alumni of lautech
if your farm is bushy, animals will use it as a reside,sometimes I even do see elephants in some people's farm.grin
@Lesgupnigeria
Good work here boss, but i notice your thread on cassava production is not available again or removed, pls when will you continues the cassava thread?
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Idowu2828: 6:21am On Sep 04, 2015
emperoracro:
I deal with marketing and distribution of Agricultural products including Palm oil, Garri and plantains. I buy in other states where these products are produced enmass and sell in Lagos and other bigger states. Expected ROI is about 8-20% Weekly. Currently i need people interested in the business, i will willingly guide such people in the business,until they know all that's involved. Transportation is no issue as i have my own bus. Interested persons should contact me on +2348136909187 (WhatsApp and calls). Thanks
P.S: You won't be giving me your money, just make sure you have an ATM card for your bank account, pls don't travel with cash when going to the farm or market.
God bless u more bro in as much u are doing it to assists and on the foundation of truthful.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
kunkcraze:

@Lesgupnigeria
Good work here boss, but i notice your thread on cassava production is not available again or removed, pls when will you continues the cassava thread?
thanks
i dont also know why it was removed?
will create another one soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State / Folja Global Multiconcept... Fgm Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (doc) Online In Nig / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.