Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers (63561 Views)

Imo State Farmers And Intending Farmers / 80 Acres Of Land Basically For Plantain Available For Cultivation In Ogbomoso / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:20am On Mar 14, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
Unlike other trees, plantain do not need complicated pruning. Just remove dead leaves and dead plants near the plantain. Also remove suckers from the plant keeping only one or two that have spear shaped leaves.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:38am On Mar 16, 2017
You might be wondering why is plantain farming such a lucrative business? Plantain farming in Nigeria is so lucrative because plantain features heavily in the staple diet of most Nigerians. The few farmers who are successfully operating in this sector are making millions of Naira.
Do plantain...it pays
Check www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Saheed69(m): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
You might be wondering why is plantain farming such a lucrative business? Plantain farming in Nigeria is so lucrative because plantain features heavily in the staple diet of most Nigerians. The few farmers who are successfully operating in this sector are making millions of Naira.
Do plantain...it pays
Check www.Facebook.com/waleagro

Like how many plots of land do I need to start plantain farming and how can I meet you sir. I stay in Ogun State
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
Saheed69:

Like how many plots of land do I need to start plantain farming and how can I meet you sir. I stay in Ogun State
You can call me on 08164628081,08092034147 to discuss better.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:58am On Mar 17, 2017
If you are already planning to start plantain farming in Nigeria, then you have made the right choice to help you turn your financial status around.
www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
The weeds control is very important if you want your plantain to do well. Use traditional weed control of employing laborer to do the weed cutting.
Check more on www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Oefe: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
Please tell me how many times will I have to do weeding from point of planting to harvesting?
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:41am On Mar 21, 2017
Oefe:
Please tell me how many times will I have to do weeding from point of planting to harvesting?
5 times or more depending on how quick weed grows (it varies from location to location)
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:23am On Mar 22, 2017
If we realize that the demands of these fruits (plantain) that has become staple food in Nigeria and other parts of the world is increasing by the day, we would then know that thinking towards that area would make some serious business senses.
Good morning people.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:26am On Mar 23, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
Once a plantain plantation picks up, the owner stands the chance of continuous harvest for the next 20-years or more depending on how the farm is maintained.
Cash flow is guaranteed for years to come.
Check www.Facebook.cook/waleagro
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
Steps to starting a profitable plantain farm
1.Purchase suitable land to start your own plantain farm
2.clear the land
3.prepare the land
4.Plant good hybrid suckers
5.Find profitable markets
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Oefe: 12:10am On Mar 27, 2017
How can one find or get profitable market ?
This is just my fear.
And again how many suckers do you recommend for a plot of a 100/100?
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Oefe:
How can one find or get profitable market ?
This is just my fear.
And again how many suckers do you recommend for a plot of a 100/100?
You can read this thread to get enlightened more.
https://www.nairaland.com/2821669/how-sell-plantain-profitable-markets
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
When the time is ripe for harvest, hire laborers who are professionals in plantain harvesting because plantain needs to be carefully treated when harvesting it. A little scratch or pressure on it can cause it to get rotten in a very short time, keep these things in mind just in case you intend to do it yourself or with some couple of friends and relatives etc.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:45am On Apr 24, 2017
When the plantain is ripe, cut the bunches from the stalk, do it carefully.

Chop down the tree to the ground and shred the above ground parts for yet another mulch. Spread this around your new plantain tree after you plant it.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:10am On May 05, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2017
As Nigeria is diversifying , there are lots of focus on agriculture as a substitute or addition to petroleum, so there is no better time to go into food production than now.
Check www.Facebook.com/Waleagro for more info
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:06am On May 16, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:20am On May 17, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2017
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Preprobiotics: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:23am On Jun 28, 2017
Preprobiotics:
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500
Its advisable you open a thread for more product exposure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State / Folja Global Multiconcept... Fgm Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (doc) Online In Nig / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.