Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. (41094 Views)

Horse Rider In Accident In Niger State / Scenes From The Dangote Truck Accident In Asaba (graphic Photos) / Wow! See What These Guys Did In Abuja Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by arimahoseloka(m): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
is it the drivers are not seeing the bad trailer on d road? how come they are just running into the
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by talktimi(m): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
I keep saying it. The average Nigerian driver can only move his car but can't drive. He also is not used to smooth roads and thats why there's a prevalence of accidents around the country which will keep increasing as more roads are constructed.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by lafex: 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
I saw d accident on my way to Banex
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by piagetskinner(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
madgoat:
Even if im doing 150km/hr, i cant av dat kind of senseless accident. Dat driver must be a learner undecided
In the first place y why should u be doing 150km/hr?
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
cardoctor:
I'm getting tired of witnessing the same scenario on this same stretch of road in Abuja. Just last week i posted an accident report involving a Toyota Camry sedan and a goods truck. Several other similar accidents have been reported on this particular stretch of the Murtala Mohd express way and today a similar accident occurred in exactly the same manner, around the same time and about 200 meters from the one I witnessed last week.

Same reasons also, with the vehicles over speeding and somehow ending up mangled underneath the rear of a truck. In this case, there were no fatalities but the front seat passenger and driver suffered severe injuries and were in a coma as at the time they were taken to the hospital. Two infants and a woman in the rear seat escaped unscathed.

Is it really over speeding that causes this accidents or drivers enjoying the comfort of the smooth stretch of this road and dozing off behind the wheels or some mysterious force that we are yet identify?

Federal Road Safety please do something before more lives are lost here.

WHAT IS GRAPHIC IN THESE PHOTOS ALL I SEE IS BLOOD. NO DEAD BODY OR ANY SIGN TO MAKE IT GRAPHIC. YOU BETTER LEARN THE MEANING OF WORDS BEFORE USING THEM undecided
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Ochinawata01(m): 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nawao make we dey drive jeje. I pray make nobody die.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by InvertedHammer: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
They should thank their stars.

Abuja has the worst drivers IMHO.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by madgoat(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
piagetskinner:

In the first place y why should u be doing 150km/hr?

Sometimes i get high and luv to fly grin
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by madgoat(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
Babyboy1986:
Says who

Says madgoat grin grin
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Jhayeahsam01(m): 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
why are some smaller cars trying to lift loaded lorries
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by XBLadez: 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
madgoat:
Even if im doing 150km/hr, i cant av dat kind of senseless accident. Dat driver must be a learner undecided
U don lie! Even with 120 u can. Being a professional doesn't make u perfect. Accidents are bound to happen
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Misogynist2014(m): 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nigerians are the worst of drivers.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by aminashy: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Baroba(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nigeria needs speed bumps in all our major roads, I agree with the post, most Nigerians can't drive!!.. Quack unregulated driving schools, unmarked roads, no highway code or regulation, reckless drivers.. Even a dog can move a car when put in the right position..
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by piagetskinner(m): 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
madgoat:

Sometimes i get high and luv to fly grin
Keep on with the highness huh...just no use ur highness destroy innocent life, wey no sabi anything about ur highness
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Where is the f*ucking air bag
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by kingvectorv(m): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
Get Latest News And Technology Informations at www.Elitesland.GQ
www.Elitesland.GQ
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Sodiumdawg: 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
aminashy:
APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys

GUY, ABEG, EEEEHN,

HOW MUCH YOU BUY YOUR COPY AND PASTE MACHINE?

I WAN BUY ONE RENT AM GIVE APC

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by haulagehandlers(m): 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
simplemach:
Jeez! Wetin the car dey find under that lorry na?
. She (car) want give the guy (truck) blow.job LOL
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by aminashy: 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin

Sodiumdawg:

GUY, ABEG, EEEEHN,

HOW MUCH YOU BUY YOUR COPY AND PASTE MACHINE?

I WAN BUY ONE RENT AM GIVE APC
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
WHAT KIND of HUMAN BEINGS ARE WE...
DAT a car has 200km/hr speed limit, does it mean u must get to it..

Such speed limits were installed for one to OVERTAKE at an appropriate timing..
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Nuezha(m): 10:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Brandnew2:
I sincerely hope no life was lost.
The post is kinda long tho'.

WHAT'S LONG IN THAT POST?!
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by toojah4u(m): 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
Its a pity!!!! Easy my people
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nuezha:

WHAT'S LONG IN THAT POST?!
I'm pressed with time with loads of other stuff to check in on sorry.
OP could have spared the epistle. He already got the images of the scene and a picture speaks more than a thousand words.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Bimpe29: 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
The main causes of these perennial road crashes are human & environmental factors, with the former being predominant. Over speeding has been aiding most of the avoidable crashes, and this is as a result of a good nature of the road. But there is a good news, the much needed speed limiter, a speed control device will be implemented latest by July this year according to the Corps Marshal and Chief Executive, Federal Road Safety Corps.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Yongi99(m): 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
same road again....!
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by zimoni(f): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Everybody wants to copy Dagrin shaaa. Kilode gan?

Seriously, the road (from AYA to Zuba) has claimed many lives. People kill themselves almost every week on the road. The same reason, over-speeding.

Abuja drivers are only good at pressing the turtle, they can speed.

I wish them quick recovery sha.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by stagger: 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
I remember driving along the Kubwa expressway one afternoon, blasting my car ac and listening to some music. The next thing I remember after what seemed like seconds was me nearly hitting the kerb after I had started to doze off on the steering. I had to wind down to allow the natural wind to hit me. Decided to enter Gwarinpa and eventually had a 10-minute nap in my vehicle before proceeding to Zuba where I was headed.

So yes, the Chinese guys did such a good job on that road that the risk of dozing off on that road is exceedingly high. Of course, the overspeeding and reckless overtaking is another factor. Drivers do not respect the lane markers, which is a shame.

3 Likes

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by loomer: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
Babyboy1986:
Says who

make God no let you see bad thinhg
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by loomer: 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
Baroba:
Nigeria needs speed bumps in all our major roads, I agree with the post, most Nigerians can't drive!!.. Quack unregulated driving schools, unmarked roads, no highway code or regulation, reckless drivers.. Even a dog can move a car when put in the right position..

SPEED BUMPS FOR HIGHWAYS?
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by lexxwiz(m): 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
Well, that's what you get from good roads. During my short stay in qatar, I witnessed over a dozen highway accident due to their good roads. I read somewhere that qatar has the highest rate of motor accident... So my point exactly is, ones d roads are clean and smooth, accidents are inevitable.
Solution: road safety should make sure people properly undergo driving lessons and increase signage signs on the road. With that they can minimize the risk/possibility of an accident..
Fact is: road safety cannot totally eliminate the possibilities of an accident.. Why? So many factors to concider. Eg human factor (drunk fool)/(drugy).

2 Likes

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by nkkystel(f): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Jesus! Na wa o, what was he thinking? I pray he survives it!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sodom And Gomorrah - Where Old Prostitutes Live / Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria / Woman Beats An Official Of War Against Indiscipline (WAI) In Benin (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.